Archive through May 26, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through May 26, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

donnawa
Username: donnawa

Post Number: 2598
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 1:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas, your "underground" also reminds me of the basement at my grandparents' building. It was rocky and painted white. And there were secret passages and doorways.

Even when I was 4 years old, I was sure witches held meetings there. When we visited my grandparents, I was even too afraid to walk on their sidewalk, OUTSIDE the basement. I "tightroped" the curb.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 1939
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 5:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm getting a wee bit spooked out by your posts Waxy. :-( ahem.. kidding..!

And Mark's dream was kinda freakily accurate..but I dont wish to explain that! lol.

Astroboy
Username: astroboy

Post Number: 968
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 7:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I dreamt I was with Enya in a Volkswagon Beetle. She was wearing a leopard print bikini and was keeping us in Bud Light's as we made our way down a deserted beach.

Just as it was getting good, I awoke.

So much for morning coffee, I suppose.
"And the lion roams..."

Rogue
Username: rogue

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 11:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting Thomas. Your movie theatre dream resonated with me; not because I've had a similar one but the participant/observer aspect along with the audience who participates "through every sense, through every character, and on mulitple levels all at once." I can't describe why right now because language is so inadequate and I can't remember fully but there is information within what you describe that I once knew.

The "tunnels" that Patricia mentions are interesting in their description. I can't recall ever dreaming about tunnels but I was very aware of them during my waking life a while back after suffering a devastating psychic/spiritual meltdown. They weren't a physical place but a VERY vivid mental experience. The caves that I experienced were rough hewn rock but with unnaturally flat floors; like the 'unnatural' caves you see in a TV StarTrek episode but darker and with more realistic looking rocks. The metaphor or whatever I experienced with these caves involved torches being lit along the way. Before the 'meltdown', whenever I experienced a spiritual 'revelation' of some kind a new torch would be lit illuminating deeper into the tunnels of my brain. Once upon a time they all seemed to be lit. After the meltdown I could still mentally walk the tunnels but the torches were all out. I would still experience what should have been spiritual revelations like in the past but they had no impact on me whatsoever; no further understanding or advancement. The torches that were once lit would not light again. The tunnels were dead.

Rogue

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One of my dreams...
[dream] I was standing near the door in my room where I was sleeping at my parents house. It was night time. The door was closed but I could see through it; see 2 small, slender figures I've always referred to as 'little men' cowering on the other side. I was screaming at them in a murderous rage over what had happened to me. If I had been able to get through the door and gotten my hands on either of them I would've throttled them to death. They knew it too, but either couldn't or wouldn't leave and so remained, enduring my verbal wrath. As I ranted and raged at them I briefly noticed the family dog cowering in the hallway behind those 2 figures. [/dream].

The next day I was wrestling with the family dog and gave a playful little 'grrr'. In a split second the dog dropped and exposed his belly in the most pathetically submissive pose I have EVER seen. I wasn't even touching him at the time and the 'grrr' was said as a word not made as a sound. My brother, who was watching us play, immediately exclaimed 'What the he11 did you just do to him?!" Up to this point this dog had never shown any kind of submissive behavior towards me or my siblings and was not a submissive dog in general. NO ONE had ever elicited such a response from him. Over the next couple of weeks I just had to say 'grrr' and he'd drop. Eventually and fortunately that strange reaction wore off.

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 917
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 6:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Three "mini-dreams" (or maybe parts of one dream, or maybe not even that) that *definitely* belong on this board:

Pt.1) I'm sitting on my bed. I see the base of a lava lamp on my nightstand (basically a metal cone with a lightbulb in the bottom). Inside it is a clearly marked 30-watt bulb. Something doesn't seem right, so I think "Is this a dream? Let's do a reality test!". I look away, look back, it still says 30w. Then a second time, it is somewhat fuzzy - maybe 50? One more check to be sure, and it's back to 30w. I give up, and later on when awake I get the feeling something was deliberately trying to trick me into thinking it wasn't a dream, thwarting my lucidity...

Pt.2) I experience a "false awakening". I am in my bed. I'm unable to get back to sleep, because I get the notion that there must be Grays approaching (maybe spending too much time on this board?) and get very scared. At first I try closing one eye, then both, then arranging the blankets around my head as a sort of 'hood' so as to block out the sight of anything horrible. This fails to settle me down, so I get up and force myself to search all the other rooms. Satisfied that there are no 'presences', I get back into bed, but turn the light way up to make myself feel safer. A short time later I hear half a dozen male voices making unintelligible statements, and wish they'd shut up. Eventually it occurs to me that they are coming from my own thoughts, at which time they slowly fade. I finally fall asleep...

Pt.3) I seem to have awakened, and am yet again in bed, this time lying on my side with my cat Tev nestled in my curled arm. I reach over with my other hand to pet his head, and distinctly feel my 'arm' move and touch something hazy where his head ought to be, but I can see my real arm hasn't moved! It occurs to me that I might be in a position to have my first ever OOBE, so I try to roll over and get out of bed (and, as a consequence, my body). Again, I feel the distinct sensation of my intended action, but I remain in my inert body. At this point my "paranormal panic" kicks in and I make myself wake up for real. I am positioned as stated before, which makes me wonder if this last was an objectively-real experience...

(Message edited by waxtadpole on May 17, 2006)
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie

Post Number: 450
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 7:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy I've been following your dreams..
I'm very Vague on dreams but it sounds
like your beginning to have something
very interesting happen to you..
Hugs...
Just remember your here and Don't Panic..

Besides it's only the second time I've
read you without "Waxy speak" going on
..Almost like your a different person..

Ahhh that's better..
:-) kidding..

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 919
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just trying to stick with my "changed man" approach to this board. The "Waxy" persona is mainly meant to let me blow off stress.

The best thing about the dream is it left me with the same lingering "magical" feel through most of the morning that I had after my one true LD.
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 920
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 9:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just noticed a minor typo - the opposite hand is under my pillow so I couldn't have used it for petting!

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2140
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 10:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy, my theory is that while your physical hand stayed put, you were able to move your subtle arm/hand and the sensation was as if you moved your physical arm. That's what it felt like when I petted that wolf next to my easychair in full wakefulness...only you felt "something hazy", which could be because your cat was off astral projecting himself, not fully there.
It's said that cats are always in a state of AP anyway.
Good work, by the way.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 923
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 12:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The [creepiest? most wonderful?] thing about the experience was the almost slippery sensation - as if I were a newly-formed butterfly thrashing about in it's cocoon. As if there were some sort of 'lubricant' between essence and form. Not at all what I expected.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad for having Tev around. Sometimes I wonder if housecats were bred to augment this process in some way, by one of those supposed forgotten civilizations. Maybe it's why they got the bum rap as witches' familiars?

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1579
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 12:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

coooooool wax!

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10029
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 4:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cool experiences, Waxy! I almost feel like not posting my fragment of a dream after reading your post, but if I don't, it won't get recorded anywhere--I'm too busy/stressed right now to write in my dream journal.

This was part of a MUCH longer, very involved dream that I had on Tuesday night, but the rest has evaporated completely with the intervening time. But this one part just haunts me and I can't stop thinking about it, so I guess I'm hoping that posting it serves to exorcise it.

I was in the un-dug-out part of our basement, at the edge of an excavation that I'd made, peering down through an opening that I'd hacked in a thin rocky shell that enclosed a chamber of some sort. I knew that it wasn't supposed to be there and that I needed to keep it secret, but couldn't resist telling The Skeptic about it. And he went through the opening to explore the chamber, against my wishes.

The rest of the dream kept replaying different scenarios that dealt with the outcome of that decision. In one, strange "official" men came to my front door, which was directly above the excavation, and arrested us. In another, I went down the rope to look for him and got lost. In yet another, he came back up and insisted on filling in the excavation after blocking the opening with a sheet of plywood and was mad at me.

I know that most of this doesn't sound scary and it's probably just symbolic, but I was absolutely terrified during and after the dream when I woke up and it's *still* bothering me, a day and a half later
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 924
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 8:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Don't be too hard on yourself, Miz Pat; this isn't a contest

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 43
Posted on Thursday, May 18, 2006 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello group,

I had an odd dream last night and I only remember parts of it. To begin with I was standing beside a bucket that looked like the kind a telephone repairman or firefighter would use to reach high places. It was not however attached to any kind of boom, instead it was attached to some sort of track system. The track was slightly larger than the bucket and I would estimate it to be about 3 feet wide. As I looked out into the distance the track seemed to go on forever. I was told by someone behind me that it was a means of transportation. I step into the device and there seems to be no means of control. The bucket is white with a red bar encircling the top. I’m told to place my hands on the bar and concentrate, it is guided by the mind. I place my hands on the bar and think about moving forward. This harder than it looks, I find myself struggling to keep it on the track and I can see a S shaped turn coming up. I think to myself I’m not going to make this and in the blink of an eye I find myself back at the beginning of the track, like someone hit the reset button on a video game. I’m being told to concentrate again, visualize the turn. I try again and fail once more, again being brought back to the start of the track. On the third try I make it about halfway through but fall off the track again. This time however I am not brought back to the start, I’m just floating there watching the bucket fall.

The scene then changes and I find myself in another room. There is a white piece of fabric lying on a small table in front of me. Someone that I can not see is spreading out the fabric and is telling me the key to it is all in the way the molecules are aligned. They have to be aligned just right or it will not work. The image dissolves away and I see a cross section of the material, like a blueprint in my head. It is composed of three layers, the top two layers are twice as thick and are light blue in color. The third and bottom layer was a grey metallic color. I can’t remember why, but water has something to do with the process too.

There was more to the dream that I can’t recall and I had this feeling all day long that I had forgotten something important.

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 845
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 9:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay.

I am absolutely freaked out. Not twenty minutes ago, I was sleeping. We both were. Then the cat started going NUTS. Running back and forth out of the room and back in. Meowing—over and over again. We were both awake by now. We had no choice! I got up to see where the cat was. He was in the kitchen now. I came back to bed and sat down on the left side of the bed.

JUST THEN I heard a whisper towards the foot of the bed and about three feet up from there. "Hurry!"

Before I could say, "Did you…?" (I was going to ask if Markie had "heard that.") Markie completed my sentence, "Did I hear that?"

I said, "Yeah… What did you hear?" I asked.

"The word, 'Hurry!'" Markie said.

"Oh! My God…" I said, thinking of my mother, who lives with us. I ran up to Mom's room. Woke her up. No problem. She was fine—just awake.

For the past twenty minutes we've been trying to figure out what this meant. I mean, I've heard of people "hearing voices," but TWO PEOPLE—and both at the same time?

Zillions of thoughts are racing through my head about what it could mean, or what it could be. But CERTAINLY one of them were my friends at Unknown Country!

I thought I'd ask "you all" if ANY of you have had anything similar happen to you. I'm probably posting this in the wrong area, "Dreams," because this was emphatically NOT a dream, but it was just a minute or two away from one! And I don't know where else to post it.

This is really freaky, to me. And if anyone has any good ideas, I'd like to hear them.

"Hurry!"
"Question what's real. Question who's real."

Thomas

Post Number: 846
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 9:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

By the way, the voice DID come from the direction of the television in our bedroom—BUT the television was OFF. There was no radio on either. Nor was there "anyone" in the room in the location from which this voice seems to have originated.

Things like this aren't supposed to happen. (But I guess that never stopped them before…)

donnawa

Post Number: 2605
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 9:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This reminds me of what happened a few years ago. At 4 AM, we both awakened because we heard tinkling music- Chariots of Fire. It seemed to come from ethers in the air. But after about 45 seconds, it stopped. I was frightened

A day later I realized that the music was coming from the drawer. The music box had been in there for 2 years, lying dormant.

==
When I was a kid, I heard two people yelling in the courtyard, but when I went to the window to look, I saw two cats.

Maybe your cat is learning to speak English. Or maybe you are both learning to speak "Cat-ish"
Or maybe you are reading your cat's mind?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 928
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Or maybe two 'somethings' were there, the cat blew their cover, and one was communicating urgently to the other? I have fun speculating, I confess...

ldyhawk369
Advanced Member
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 223
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 6:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas where do you live ? east coast, west? middle? I hope it wasn't saying we are running out of time??? That tsunami thing still scares the daylights out of me, and so many earthquakes in Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands.

galageist
Username: galageist

Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 7:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ask Whitley about the evening in April 1977 when he and Anne were sitting in their living room and some voice started speaking to them through their KLH stereo that had just finished playing a record. The voice allegedly said, "I know something else about you."

WS phoned the Federal Trade Commission to find out how an impossible conversation could occur using a stereo, not at all like the more common ham radio, police or taxi frequency interruptions.

Your experience brings new meaning to the mystery.

"Has the cat got your tongue?"

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 1412
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 7:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dear Thomas, I don't particularly have any good ideas, but it struck me as a good thing that your wife also heard the voice. That should remove any doubt from your mind that it was just your imagination. The only similar experience I can recall at the moment is hearing not voices but faint, distant music. This has happened to me since I was a child growing up in the middle of nowhere. I long ago stopped trying to figure it out and just started enjoying the experience.

Thomas

Post Number: 860
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 1:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I want to thank each of you who responded to this. It's so nice to have a community of people to whom I can actually come when something like this happens. You are rare. And you are valuable. I appreciate you. Thank you all.

quote:

Thomas where do you live ? east coast, west? middle? I hope it wasn't saying we are running out of time??? That tsunami thing still scares the daylights out of me, and so many earthquakes in Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands.

Actually I live on the west coast, just 30 miles outside of the capital of Washington State, Olympia. And I am concerned too about all the stories I keep hearing on the news about the possible earthquake and tsunami potential.

When my father died, in 1997, I was given his watch. And my mother had these words engraved on the back of it for me: "There is still time."

When I read your response, ldyhawk369 about "running out of time," I sat stunned. I don't know. Perhaps "we" are running out of time, or perhaps it's just "me." Or perhaps it's something else that I haven't considered yet; hopefully along the lines of Wax Tadpole's suggestion.

Whatever the case, thank you all for your kind remarks. And peace to all the citizens of this Unknown Country.

(Message edited by thomas_j_veil on May 20, 2006)

donnawa

Post Number: 2610
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 8:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas, in light of the engraving on your watch, I can see the words "Hurry" would have special meaning to you, and may have come from a "neverland" (that doesn't mean Michael Jackson's )

Do you have extra supplies on hand?

Thomas

Post Number: 864
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, Donna. We began stocking a freezer (which, of course will be absolutely NO HELP if the electricity goes out ), and we're laying in a supply of water. But we definitely need to get our "act" together there; you're right.

ldyhawk369
Advanced Member

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 2:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh my Thomas, that is spooky. I really hope that guy is wrong , my whole family lives on the east coast and now I heard that to be safe you must be 90 miles inland and at an elevation of 1000 ft. I am still going to Long Island to visit my middle daughter , if this actually happens so be it. I will be with family. Blessings to all!!!

ldyhawk369
Advanced Member

Post Number: 225
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 2:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If I not meant to go at this time something will tell me, a dream perhaps or some kind of earth warning. So I can get my family to safety. Oh well what will be ,will be.

donnawa

Post Number: 2615
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 4:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ldyhawk, I used to live on the Island. Can you all meet in Westchester for a few days?

ldyhawk369
Advanced Member

Post Number: 226
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 8:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Donna I really don't think my kids would believe this guy and to ask everyone not to go to work or school because of this one guy would not work. I told them all about the prediction when it first came out and they laughed. So I leave it in the Creator's hands.

donnawa

Post Number: 2617
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 9:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ldy, I got the same reaction when I told some of my family.

I guess that's the only thing we ALL can do.

Mark

Post Number: 2148
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 9:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas,
I'd be inclined to believe your mom when she

And my mother had these words engraved on the back of it for me: "There is still time."

Besides, as I understand it the comet that was supposed to be a threat passed Earth by last week.
Now some guy is predicting that it actually broke into parts and one fragment will hit in May.
Do I have that right?

Like, here's this thing sailing around the universe since forever, and suddenly -for no reason in particular - this time it's going to ...
nevermind.

Somebody give me a link to that guy's website.

=================
Mock the Stoopid

donnawa

Post Number: 2618
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 9:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.savelivesinmayforum.com/default.aspx

Mark

Post Number: 2151
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks donnawa.
That link takes me to a forum...are they taking donations to "help survivors"?

Kind of premature of them, if so.

donnawa

Post Number: 2619
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.savelivesinmay.com

This should be it.

(Message edited by donnawa on May 21, 2006)

Thomas

Post Number: 884
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

Thomas,
I'd be inclined to believe your mom when she

And my mother had these words engraved on the back of it for me: "There is still time."

Besides, as I understand it the comet that was supposed to be a threat passed Earth by last week.
Now some guy is predicting that it actually broke into parts and one fragment will hit in May.
Do I have that right?

Yes, Mark. I think you do. For the record, I too sincerely doubt that a comet strike is coming. But we decided to start "stocking up" because it's good to "be prepared" for whatever.

And to "Hurry!"

We only got off on this tangent because of my weird situation, and I did NOT mean to monopolize this thread by bringing THAT up. I see that it might have turned out that way. And for that, I sincerely apologize.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10039
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheesh. I think this is the same guy who wrote that "should we show up?" letter that purportedly was from aliens....?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

galageist
Username: galageist

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 2:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thomas, as I'm a neighbor several miles north of you (where they spell that "neighbour") I also watch for news of earthquake and tsunami potential along the West Coast and the Pacific NorthWest in particular.

While a major (7 or 8+) earthquake with a resulting tsunami apparently hits us on average every 500 years, with the Juan De Fuca plate subduction under the North American plate creating a shakeup, we're about 400 years into the next cycle - as the last one hit our coast and sent a tsunami to Japan about 1600.

I'm somewhat comforted by the book, "When Prophecies Fail".

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10053
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 11:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Busy dream night--I had one that began in a bank where I worked. A nice co-worker forgot to put away some old family photos and called and asked me if I'd get them off his desk and put them in my own S/D box over night. But in the AM, I found a yellow package stuffed with diamonds wrapped up in twists of white paper with the photos.

The bank investigator told me I'd lose my job over it, at the very least. A customer who was a building contractor offered to walk home with me and we saw a small brown owl swooping around us. When it landed it turned into a strange-looking child with feathers on it's head and around the outside outline of it's body, but its belly was human skin. A small fairy woman was its companion and she reminded me of JLo in looks.

I took out my digital camera to take photos of them, but it wouldn't work, despite repeated tries.

Mark

Post Number: 2153
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 4:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Patricia, that's 2 diamond dreams in 3 weeks - I had one on May 3.

Rogue

Post Number: 14
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 4:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Patricia - Your little feathered friend reminded me of something I experienced a way back when. For about 3 days, any time I looked in a mirror I saw me but instead of hair my head was covered in golden eagle feathers. Haven't thought about that in a very long time.

[DREAM -directly from journal]
In a small area. Its like a communal area for those Japanese super economy rooms that are essentially just tubes that you can sit up in. Characters from Battlestar Galactica(new) are there: Boomer, Helo, Starbuck, Adama, Roslin and maybe Apollo. My focus is on Boomer. She is sitting up in one of the sleeping tubes. Flames and fire all around her but they don't seem to be burning her. She says to me "Just remember to keep breathing."; something like that. Helo then injects something into my arm and I am consumed by fire. It is all around me. It burns and the experience is scary and I try to remember what Boomer said. [In the dream] I am also remembering a little man dream I actually had a while ago where someone touched the back of my neck or poured beads on it or something and I was burned alive except there, with all my nerves burned away I felt sooooo cold. Here it was definitely hot. The burning experience ends and the group of us (I think everyone there went through that) seem to be outside [a local mansion]. The experience seemed to have something to do with altering time or shifting to an alternate universe kind of thing. Can't remember too much about it except that Adama rather than Boomer seems to be the more dominant character here. Pretty uneventful. Helo comes up to me with the injection needle again and says, "I'm sorry I'm going to have to do this to you.". He injects me in the left arm and the fire experience starts again ending up back in the 'Japanese Hotel'.
[/DREAM]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Language is a virus from outer space." -w.s. burroughs

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1620
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wanted to back up and comment on Damon's dream. it sounds as if you were be trained to fly. cool

diamond dreams there is a song sade does ill have to find it and listen. wonder what they symbolize.
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!
-Blondie

brown

Post Number: 1996
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 8:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

just remembered funny dream from this morning.
Dont recall the details or how I got into this dream but was looking at pictures of bears as in like avatars on a screen ( too much time on the net) then thinking no it isnt that or none of them appealed to my nature.

Then I 'hear' the front door open. Clearly heard this ..then I'm instantly awake.
Normal response would be to get out of bed and go check but no I fell back to sleep!
When I woke up again an hour or so later first thing I thought was omg the door! so went and checked. Door was locked nothing odd about it.

lol still wondering what all that was about ?

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John - Thanks for the comments, that's kind of what I thought too. The part about the fabric really puzzled me though. I probably forgot portions of the dream that would tie it all together.

donnawa

Post Number: 2641
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 9:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brown, some people say (the author of the Garfield Comic strip included) that life is a series of still frames that join to form a movie. The movie you get is a result of the choices you make.

Maybe the sound of the door opening was a frame derailed because you chose not to accept it. And another link was made to a different future.

brown

Post Number: 2001
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 6:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dunno I'm wondering if I'm derailed because this isnt the first time I've had this kinda thing happen.. some years back I'd physically hear 'knocks' on the door and same instantly awake but no one there. No sound of footsteps either.

Kabbalah
Username: lemuria

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 7:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dreams from the last two nights.

My younger sister and I were walking down a long beach towards the sea. A change of scene occured and we were both looking down on to the beach. I saw two of her older children playing near the sea and further up the beach two figures with their backs towards us.. I was interested in one of these, a creature covered in orange fur and walking on all fours. It turned, raised it,s head and looked straight at us. The dream ended.

Last nights dream. I went to a meeting in a round room. I could hear someone speaking but could not see them as they were hidden down a hole in the centre of the room. I walked into the room by going down a high step. I walked down to get a view of what was going on and sat on a ledge. I was just about to look and start paying attention to what was being said when I looked around and saw very dirty, young, male children. This struck me as strange so my eyes roamed the room and allighted on people leaving in a hurry via a different door to the one I had entered through. Leaving seemed like a good idea so next thing I know I am exiting the room through the way I entered and the room is beginning to slide away downwards, I put my foot on the high step and as my foot found purchase on the step the step fell downwards. I just managed to pull myself up and through the doorway. I awoke.

Brandy
Intermediate Member
Username: brandy

Post Number: 111
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Can anyone give me some insight on a birthing dream? It was very real, including labor pains. I was overjoyed in the dream. I have two kids but the dream was about a third that I don't have and have no conscience plans to have. The dream was very powerful and I wish I could have it again. I have never had a dream like that, not even during pregnancy. (And no, I am not pregnant not!)

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 13079
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

brandy

i've had dreams like that. and i'm way past the child bearing age.

i find them to be symbolic of a new opportunity or new phase or change coming into my life.

slw
Username: slw

Post Number: 1166
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 9:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kabbalah, Your dreams sound like something devious could be going on around you. Beware of gossip or of the "rug being pulled out from under you." May not be but that's what it reminded me of.

Last night I dreamed of closets again. I've dreamed of them before and posted about it here.

Anyway, a woman (I don't know who she was) was visiting me in a house I've never seen before. She had a folded garment in her arms and asked me if I had something to match the pattern. It was of large patchwork and in rich fabric. I told her we'd go look. I opened a door and entered a large closet probably 20' x 30' filled with racks of clothes and shelves of shoes, purses, etc. I even had one rack of black cocktail dresses. The ceiling had recessed lighting and shined down like everything was on display. The woman commented on such a large closet.

I opened a door to another closet that was full of my granddaughter's and her friend's clothes. Beyond that was another door open to a male friend's closet. We were all there and all seemed very happy.

Any ideas of what dreaming of a closet means?

Kabbalah
Username: lemuria

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 5:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Slw, your interpretation got me thinking and the dream could be a fear of failure, of having the rug pulled from under me at the last minute.

Lyn