Archive through June 11, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through June 11, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 935
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 4:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OOOOOOO PRETTY!!!

Now that was worth having insomnia for!

I agree with Buddy, the colours are marvelous as it is, and it looks alive!

*Goes back to hide under the blankets and hopes for sleep! The glass of wine she ordered didn't help much. )
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was thinking maybe doing a few more, then I can let each one star in it's own show! Any "group photo" would just be a bonus, though I doubt anything small enough to not be a pain to download would show the neat optical effect as well.
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 6363
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I like the "angel" markings on each one (or Vitruvian folks??) Very lovely.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10117
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 3:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Beautiful!!! Love jellyfish and always have--they seem like alien lifeforms to me. It used to break my heart to find them washed up on the beaches in FL, but didn't dare to touch them for fear of a sting. If I could find a piece of driftwood, I'd scoop them up and carry them out as far out as possible into the water, in hopes that they'd revive.

Going to Berkely for art supplies today -- $$$! -- so won't be around here much, but I wanted to stop in for lunchies before I take off. So glad I did, since I got to enjoy the jellyfish critter I'd like a BLT on wheat toast, light on the mayo, and a big glass of iced tea, lemon, no sugar. To go, plz.

L. A. B., did you get around to posting your sketches??

[tweaks Brighid's toesies on the way out--Hey! they were sticking out from under the blanket...couldn't resist!]
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 652
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 4:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Leaves a Rose for Lab..A baby boy
Congratulations!!

c heaven
Advanced Member
Username: cheaven

Post Number: 351
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 4:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Excuse me a moment...

buddie, please forward the strange PM to the BA. He's asking for it on the hybrid thread and shows the address to send it to.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6383
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 9:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Been working with Leonardo DaVinci's sketches, here is one just completed.
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/2040/sbaby9xo.jpg

And here's one for Pat:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9418/visforvendetta6ua.jpg

Pour that coffee hot, and the donuts piled high, grandkids are coming over while Dad visits #3 and wifie.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1069
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 9:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tsk-tsk. c heaven, that's bad Netiquette! Now we're all going to wonder what that PM was about!
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1070
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 9:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"The Image Shack is a little place...
Where L.A.B. can post her art-art-work!"

[giggle]

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6387
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, it's best to "learn from the best!!"

Brighid

Post Number: 937
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB: Lovely! I love your sketches. I'm a "sketcher" myself, but I can't any more due to carpal.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6392
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 12:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had "carpel" surgery on both wrists (one twice) and a wrist "bone" ligament replacement. Still typing and sketching, somehow. Not easy, but do it slow.

Brighid

Post Number: 939
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OUCH!

So far it doesn't affect my typing too badly, but writing, drawing, sewing by hand and any other small repetitive task, forget it. The first time my hands went numb and I thought I'd lost use of them I was totally devastated. Now I keep icy hot around for my hands/wrists, try and keep them supported and level on the table at all times, and when I can, run them under hot water and soak them til it goes away. LOL Not to mention the 600mg ibuprophen that lives at my side.

Carpal is NO fun. *HUGS* I'm sorry you had to go through that, I suppose I will too eventually, but I'm so stubborn! And you do such great work too, considering it all! That's marvelous!

--From Harley

buddie

Post Number: 655
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 5:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry to you both..What in the heck did
people do before this ( carpel ) was
diagnosed as a sugery.I know 1 office
person and 1 guitar player who had the
operation..many months to recoup..if ever!

Lab I always love your sketches..I
"borrowed" The Sweetchild one.
Hope you kept up with the G.Kids :-)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6399
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 8:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Pant, pant...too tired...pant....to even go see the "newbie"...pant...they run me ragged....pant!!) ZZZzzzz.....____

buddie

Post Number: 659
Posted on Wednesday, June 07, 2006 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

NO..not.. EXACTLY..!!

Baby will become your little Q..

buddie

Post Number: 660
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 6:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxietadpole...

I'm a try'en to get something
out of "crooner" and "croaker"..

"But Never Mind"
Roa.Roa.D

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1083
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 9:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Precisely! "Never mind"! As in, never use your mind! Just be stupid and silly like me!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 9:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'd rather get something out of "cute coworker" and "biggest fan" [slaps self]

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 9:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Go tell Aunt Roa.Roa.D (???), Waxy's poor brain is dead...

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6407
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Snake eyes (Sit down, sit down, sit down, sit down, sit down, yer rockin' the boat....)

Hums tunes from "Guys and Dolls" when Brando was "singing/dancing" and starting to gain a bit of weight. He was still cute though.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1087
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy was channel-surfing last night and caught a clip of Jerry Orbach doing the song-and-dance thing. It was a hoot, but Waxy got creeped out by the way his legs moved when he pretended to be a basketball player and changed to another show.

buddie

Post Number: 664
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey wait a minute I'm Waxy biggest Fan !!
Sit down,sit down,sit down :-)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 4:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe I should just fly up there and let the whole lot of you smother me with admiration all at once!

buddie

Post Number: 666
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Anytime,it would be like when an employee
brings their new baby in for the first time.
All the women swarm around and work comes
to a hault..lots of touchie feelie passing
around stuff goes on...OH WAXY!!

buddie

Post Number: 670
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 8:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal..Is Pat still away buying Art supplies??
Does Labs newbie have a name now??
I want that Sam & scram dish with sour cream..to go please..
plugs in a quarter..
plays Mama don't let your babies grow up
to be Coowby's..( Scots accent ) for Waxy.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10127
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 9:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat's back from Berzerkley, sort of....got sick. Still recovering.

L. A. B., I love your sketches--*thank you* for putting them up. (Guess I'm not the only one who thinks Hugo Weaving has a marvelously supple bod--!)

I'll have a plain tonic water with lime and a side of BodyDeTox, plz, Sal
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

buddie

Post Number: 674
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 9:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry Pat get well.."HUGS"
you have been busy..maybe too busy !!

Hugo Weaving
Is that for REAL ? or a name because
he is a sword fighting something
phenomonon.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 10:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie: Goo-goo [evil grin]
Patricia: "Berzerkley" -

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6417
Posted on Thursday, June 08, 2006 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Why is it I like Hugo "masked" but not so much in "Rings" or "Matrix?" Maybe he just cannot get passed his face?? He used his "bod" in "V" so well, he didn't need "expressions" to show emotion.

Grandkids came again today, I am so sore. (Walked them down to local park while they played on the slides...) It's been a long time since I had kids 24/7. Forgot how tough it is.

(One iced-latte with chocolate please, or if not, a "drumstick" with nuts.) Hey it's friday night, movie time. (Plugs in "Don Juan DeMarco" and watches Johnny Depp do his "blade" routine.)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10129
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've actually grown fond of Weaving's face, with time--to me he made a great elf king in "Rings". But then, I tend to focus on an actor's voice to a great extent and he has a marvelous one. In "V for Vendetta" it was displayed so beautifully--so rich and sonorous and seductive!

I hear ya on the kiddies--I'd have to be hospitalized if I spent that much time with a passel of them, I'm afraid! No idea how the heck I did it way back in that previous geologic era when I had one of my own.....!

buddie

Post Number: 675
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 8:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just had a nightmare come true bus
ride into work.
You see there is this "lady" who sometimes
takes the same bus as I do.This week she's
been on every day..
This person HATES ME I'm sure.
She positions herself so she can
STARE DAGGERS into me the total
20 min.bus ride.I want to dig my
eyes out because I don't know where to look
to avoid her stare.
THis morning I had to sit with her.I am
still Jelly.I hugged my back-pak so tight
my BIG YUMMY MUFFIN got squished into pieces!!!
:-(

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1094
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe you could get a really good book and slap a "Satanic Bible" dust-jacket on it, or something along those lines. Creep her out...

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6421
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 1:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The "Da Vinci Code" would do it!!

Morning all. Caramel Macchiatoo, with extra juju juice, please.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10131
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 1:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's unsettling when a stranger expresses hatred of you, isn't it?! I've had that happen a couple of times here in my neighborhood and it always upsets me. Afterwards, I always wish I'd just been brave enough to walk up to them and ask them why they glared at me, but I never am. Someday, maybe.

Sal, I'll have a club sandwich and a big glass of iced tea with lemon. Oh, and a nice unsquished muffin for buddie

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6424
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 3:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gonna go see the "newbie" this afternoon, (maybe I'll find out his name!! Pray it's not Damian!!!)

buddie

Post Number: 681
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 8:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab..
Let Sal know..it's forever Q 4 Me.

Pat,I would be in her face if she did
not have the personality of a Pitbull
and the Physical appearance of someone
who would mop the floor with me.
Don't quite know what her deal is
I never as much as looked at her let alone
said anything to her..
She also wears a T-shirt sometimes that
say's " Stay 200 hundred feet behind"
I believe it ..she waits for everyone
to get on the bus Then she comes on..
What Ever !! :-)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1098
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Whatever her problem is, it's strictly in her head. As long as this doesn't escalate, just do whatever it takes to ignore her...

buddie

Post Number: 687
Posted on Friday, June 09, 2006 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's only been this week that she is on my
schedule.(Bus route)..
Honest I'm fine She is Plain Weird when it
comes to ME.She says Bad words..
today I had to sit next to her ..
well she sat next to me Anyway she said
disgusting as she sat down.
I usually get on before her..but the
second bus is when she makes the Heavies..
I'm Fine ..like Pat said it's Plain WEIRD
when someone Dislikes you for no REASON?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1101
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 2:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No matter what you're like, a whole bunch of somebodies are going to hate you. Screw 'em. I wasted enough years worrying about being liked...

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6427
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 6:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mewbie is named "Jordan" (will call him Jordie for short, son likes ST Next Jen, the mom won't like it but oh well. (Puts in theme from ST and hums along.)

It's early and I can't see, (contacts are out) so one cuppa hot chocolate to go (back to night-night.)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1102
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 9:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

At least the kid's not named Jean-Luc

buddie

Post Number: 692
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

waxy..LOL !!!!

Your rocken the boat snake eyes!
In lab's defence..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6431
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 2:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Actually, I just made that up (but I'm not sure it wasn't in the back of son's mind, especially when I started calling him Jordie, as I was rocking him.

Hey Buddie, have you seen the "Da Vinci Code"/"The Missing piece Mystery puzzle" Rosslyn Chapel Revealed?
It's a puzzle of the inside and outside of Rosslyn Chapel, so cool. Comes with a "blue" flashlight, that when you finish the puzzle, something is hidden (just like the movie!!)

buddie

Post Number: 694
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 2:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

NO..WHERE ??? ANXIOUSLY WAITS...

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6434
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 3:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?z=y&cds2Pid=11089&is bn=0641720777

Barnes and Nobles has the "Mona Lisa" one, but I found the "Rosslyn Chapel Revealed" at my local Smith's grocery store. So hold out for that one.

buddie

Post Number: 696
Posted on Saturday, June 10, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks..I was hoping it was on line.:-(
(going nuts sitting around..too hyper to
watch movies in the day time)..
It probably won't make it to Can.
and I get things cheaper on-line because
we have ( was reduced ) I think it's now
12% instead of 15% GST Tax..(goods & service)
I'm keeping the link..
I'll hold out for awhile :-)

buddie

Post Number: 721
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning Sal..A big gooey Brownie Delight extra
Fudge..
Pat so sorry to read about the loss of your
friend..My condolence " Hugs "

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6441
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If you can't wait for the puzzle, this Rosslyn website is fun, with "animated" photos of the Chapel and all the 'myths' surrounding it.
http://www.maknap.com/MysteryTV/places/rosslyn_chapel/articles/ssro_11_related_t itles.htm

buddie

Post Number: 722
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 1:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab thats great..
Thanks,thats so thoughtful.

Well B.guy is much better and since I'v
been showing him loads of attention 24/7
for the past week,he's now glued to me !!
I have to watch him because he Plops himself
in front of me while I'm walking,this of course
sends me flying so as not to walk on him..
I broke my baby toe 2 years ago,,smashing
into the side of the coffee table.
Last fall he sent me to emergency with a split
head 6 stitches and a huge goose-egg after
he tripped me up and I went backwards into
the door casing ,LOL..he's trying to kill me !!