Archive through June 06, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through June 06, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 597
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG..
Iris ..OMG..I'm in love..
did you ever hear of John Prine..??

buddie

Post Number: 598
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH my brother would Love You..:-)

buddie

Post Number: 599
Posted on Saturday, June 03, 2006 - 7:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OOPPss.
Sis in law will be a tad upset
of course..

Lab please put your sketches up..
I put on a 4 bean it's waiting
once you finish bsitting..
So do drop in ..xo

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10093
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Where IS everybody?! John, if you don't soon get back behind that counter, I'm going to pitch a fit--!

This evening I sprayed on mosquito repellant and ventured out into the wilderness that my garden has become while I've been blocked from going down there by panic attacks for going on 2 years. This time I had a glass of wine first and took my little camera with me, so that I'd focus (literally) on a flower at a time and not freak. And it worked

I've been slowly learning to use Photoshop, which has to be the hugest app I've ever tackled, so I made photo montages out of some of my inexpert and slightly out-of-focus pictures so they'd look better Here's one of a clematis and two roses and here's one of my Eden (or Pierre de Ronsard) climbing roses--it's scentless, unlike the rest of them, but it's just astonishingly lush and beautiful. It's fallen off it's arch and will be painful to wrestle back on, but when it's back up, it's big heavy cabbagey blooms will nod on their stems and look down at me again.

Gods, I've missed my garden!
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 921
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

YAY! *HUGS* I'm so happy you're back in your garden again!

Can I move out there now and live with the flowers (if you promise to make the spiders stay in a corner far far away)?

I want a garden again!

I also want lots and lots of chocolate...

And John.

And.... I'll be over here in the blankets again!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10094
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*LOL* You'd be devoured by mosquitos, nibbled by nocturnal raccoons and scratched by the amazing tangle of thorny roses and blackberry bushes and thistle-y weeds. And since it's organic, there are spiders all OVER the place [shudder]

My garden reverted to wilderness alarmingly quickly, considering my decade of backbreaking work to reclaim it when we moved here. It had been allowed to go back to weeds over the years since there was a formal garden with a big fountain back in the 1920's. When we bought the house, only a couple of old rose bushes were still alive in a sea of weeds/blackberry brambles.

Now this new wilderness is at least full of roses--probably 50 of the 60 I've planted are still alive. Some have reverted to the rootstock they were grafted onto and they're rambling all over the place Lots of work ahead of me.....But I'm BACK!

[makes 2 bowls of ice cream and heads for the stuffie pile to dig Brighid out]
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

John^
Username: john

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 2:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am addicted to grape slush! (shhhhh) donít tell sal I have been at sonic's since I left before. I could actually go broke spending my money on them a dollar at a time.

whack! sal tags johns butt with a wet dish rag and scowls at him get on those tables start the dishes help Shane he lost with out ya.

Brighid

Post Number: 922
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 2:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

For Everyone Here
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

buddie

Post Number: 607
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 4:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning John , Brighid :-)

Gads John, whats the special,
nearly starved since your slushy phase.
" makes sure Sal is out of ear shot "
You have a way of making Sals cooking
taste Soooo much better..

Plays Da Vinci sound track.. sofly ..

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 6320
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 10:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Puts out the "for he's a jolly good fellow" balloons!!) Hey John, your "back-pay" is in the safe, here's the combination (Holy Grail!!) (Hums the theme from "Raiders of the Lost Arc.") Anyone for Indiana Jones???

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 13160
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hijoh.ispilledcoffeeomykeyoard.somelettersdo'twork.

Brighid

Post Number: 924
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

GAH!

*Grabs a dishrag and runs over to Susi and tries to help clean up the mess*

Oh, don't you -hate- it when that happens!?

--From Harley

Brighid

Post Number: 925
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh yeah, HI EVERYONE!

*HUGS all around then runs back to her hole in the blanket/stuffy corner*

--From Harley

John^

Post Number: 4
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i love raiders. harison ford may just be the top actor of our time he fits in every where.

sal will forgive me but was that put the bag of sand on first or remove the stone first. cant remember. and we are all having salids today with large iceteas all around. oh god !!! i did it wrong there is a boulder rolling after me check you all later gotta run... lab will you take care of the nazis at table 6. there complaining. push them over the ledge or something

John^

Post Number: 5
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

and love all around especally susi darned coffee and electronics. they just dont mix.

any one see seed of chucky. its twisted and i dont recomend it but its funny.

buddie

Post Number: 612
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

:-) I'm always in the Mood for
HARRISON !!

Whips blankets back..
Brighid LOOK Harrison Ford !!!
Sal has :
Popcorn and Slushies at the counter..

susi t learn

Post Number: 13164
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

joh

what'sthatmarkafteryourame
tur
that
frow
upside
dow
:-)

John^

Post Number: 6
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am pointing up I guess when I reregistered I had rearrange it and I thought that a symbol pointing up would make up for 11 11 like I had before. donít know its different I like it/

oh turn that frown upside down. maybe is my online mustache. I should grow one again.

susi I kind of like your computer not letting you type all the letters. you should go in to threads all over the board and say prophetic things and make people figure them out. I think it would be fun. they would have to figure out what your saying . you could have fun with this.

like an oracle or some thing

donnawa
Username: donnawa

Post Number: 2723
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Whew! Move over and someone find me a coupla bottles of "Skee or Daniels or something."

I betcha can tell I don't usually drink...

What a couple of days! In the future, whenever I post on a new message board, I'm going to put several bags over my head and a lead container over that!

susi t learn

Post Number: 13167
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

joh

haha

i-ca't-afford-a-ew-keyoard-right-yet

Brighid

Post Number: 927
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*peeks out*

Harrison Ford!

*Drools*

--From Harley

John^

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

one will come to yoou susi never fear.

donna. i know what you mean i just stick to uc now, i cant stand it its like you get attacked for evern being there sometimes. and we thurst fo information so it makes it that much harder for us.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6326
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Pawning the Nazis off on the "zapper" Arc of the Covenant.) There, that takes out the "garbage." That "vacume/black hole" really works nicely!!

I'll take that tea and salad, with sugar and lemon, s'il vous ples

buddie

Post Number: 615
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thats ok susi I'm now into (-) this.
Lets play Hang Man !!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6328
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Alcohol your "n", Susi, just don't take off the keys, they don't go back on!!

donnawa
Username: donnawa

Post Number: 2724
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, John.

And that was a "Little old Grandmother's site."

susi t learn

Post Number: 13169
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 1:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

la

with-a-qtip-or-wetter(questio-mark)lol

CRAP!!!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6330
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 2:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Do it to the "b" too. It can be fairly wet, alcohol evaporates quickly.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10097
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 2:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, your typing makes me faintly less homesick for nomie, with her outstandingly creative typing You're lucky your keyboard still works at all... at this point, I think I've murdered at least two nice new Mac keyboards by spilling drinks onto them--I even tried to take them apart and clean them/dry them out, but they were deader than door nails.

John, I'll have the salad/iced tea combo. Glad I missed the Nazis--thanks for the clean-up, L. A. B. As for Harrison Ford [major drool] I like him so much that I named my car for him--it's a *Ford* *Explorer* so I named it "Indy" All my cars have names

buddie

Post Number: 622
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 3:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

** Hang Man **

- - - - - - - -
- - - -

start off easy 4 vowels recently mentioned
on this thread..

pass the slushie..no germs at Sals..

John^

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

donna I was on a site like that some time ago and was invited to participate and every thing was friendly but I did not realize that the persons site was her court so to speak and when people started to get to know me and stopped talking to her less it was not a good thing she might as well have knocked me to the ground and kicked me. too bad too I really liked her and the site but oh well it was called somethigelse and was it ever after she got done with me. lol but we learn.

lab nice work on the nazis. can I barrow the black hole I am cleaning house and have no closet space for anything to get it out of the way.

OK folks whatís going on I lost my E mail account and they wont even let me back on or log in I did a cookie dump but that should not effect my passwords or what not. I have no E mail now. I will have to get a new account with them I or another survive. argh!!!

John^

Post Number: 9
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 5:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

looks as though the spell checker is being creative again too.

i have a manitu. spirit in in the mechine

John^

Post Number: 10
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 5:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A E I O U

susi t learn

Post Number: 13183
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 6:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

uddie

give-me-a-T

buddie

Post Number: 635
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 6:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

no..
Harrison
Ford
I tried..
I'm nervous ..and Trackimg..
Live in the moment..
But you all have access to cancel anyone
on my list that you don't know

buddie

Post Number: 636
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 7:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think I'm going to leave..

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10104
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Huh? Who's making you unhappy, buddie?? My brain isn't tracking well tonight Don't go away....

buddie

Post Number: 639
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 4:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

:-)
Pat I just got creeped out over whoever is
stalking me with those weird posts..

It's creepy and if it's to do with heavens
missing time thats down right over the top !
I knocked myself out last night and feel
better today...I'll just ignor it if it
keeps up.. :-)

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 517
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 6:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Missing time would weird me out too, buddie, and your freaky e-mails would scare me. Hope things get "right" again soon.

John, sorry you lost your e-mail account. Hope you get it back ASAP - or get another server. You can get hotmail and yahoo for free.

Like you garden flowers, Pat. Good luck getting the place whipped into shape. Be sure to do a cleansing ritual before you start. Maybe it will keep the baddies away.

Brighid, can I get in the blankies with you? I feel like a need some warm fuzzies right now. Was a bad week for me. Maybe this one will be better.

John, can we have sweets under the blankies?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.
... Irish Proverb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 1026
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I guess that's why we come back, eh John? This place seems relatively immune to "clique-ing".

You must be a rabbit, because you like "Carrots"[carets]

"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1027
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OOH BRIGHID! MORE OF THOSE PEOPLE! THEY TALK LIKE WAXY!!!! =:oD
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Brighid

Post Number: 928
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*looks up, dazed and sleep deprived, rather like the Doormouse ... grumbles ... Pulls Waxy, LAB, Susi, John, Donna, Buddy, Moon and Patricia under the blankets with Tandy, and promptly falls back to sleep*

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6348
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Brings in the "four-leaf clover shamrocks" and puts them in Pat's garden, just in the corner.) Pass the "sea foam" chocolates this way (munch, munch) it's been a weird week, and only getting more so. But I'm learning things I did not know.

Reading the biography of "Nicholas Flamel" turned some of my dim mental light bulbs on. He was a book seller, who received the "book of Abraham the Jew," a document of secret symbols and chemicals of an alchemist, traveled around Spain and France and finally found an old man who know what the alchemical symbols meant, figured out how to "gold-plate" lead (with mercury/sulfuric acid) and pass it off as "real." He only did it three times, and didn't use the gold for himself, but to build up the village he lived in, helping the people who bought his books and needed homes/services. That is the "transformation" or the "philosopher's stone." If one uses an ancient "magician's trick" to cheat, and gets away with it, the "gold" must be used for good, so that the "magician" will never get caught for fraud.

Simple story which may also be part of the "smoke and mirrors" we are all living with in this day and age. (Our own "coins/money" is made of the combinations of less valuable metals, but copper and aluminium are now worth more than the pennies made from them.) Paper to make bills is getting scarce, (and environmentalists keep trying to preserve what's left.) Which is why we are now using "electronic" money, even encouraged to do so. There is no more money. The government is using "invisible" money, that doesn't exist. They
"magically" play with the books, making a "deficit" look like "profit." Magical thinking.

So, have an "alchemical" day, "conjure" up joy, and be kind. Kindness is the only commodity that cannot be "transformed" into base.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1042
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 1:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay, time to get out the big guns (mini-Waxpoof of "Brandy" by Looking Glass)

"There's a gal posts on U of C
"She puts up with Waxy, humorously
"She posts photos every night and day
"That inspired this Waxy song

"See there's a dog, follows her around
"Plays and barks, and just lies around
"They say "Tandy, fetch your bone right now"
"Boo jumps up and starts to whine

"The tadpoles say "Tandy, you're a fine dog
"What a good pet you would be
"Yeah your mouth could bite a Berghaus
"Sipping tea."

Now, gimme more of those 'toons or it's more 70s cheese!!!

buddie

Post Number: 640
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 1:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

:-) wax !!

I'm Weirded out and I'ts only Monday.
hope it was just a week-end thing..

buddie

Post Number: 642
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 6:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab I knew I heard of that guy..
Him and his wife studied that manuscript
for years .I only have a brief write up on
him and a few others who came upon some
powder from the "Philosophers Stone"..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6359
Posted on Monday, June 05, 2006 - 8:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yup, they "claim" Flamel and is his wife are not buried beneath their "tombstones" and have attained "eternal life" when they probably (like all magicians) did a slight-of-hand, and were buried elsewhere.

There have always been huge "gold treasure hunts" for the alchemists and their "books" when in fact, if you read them, they tell how to "mix" certain bits of gold with silver or copper, and sulfur/mercury, to make a "fool's gold" pawned off as real. (Lead weighs half of what "gold" weighs, but if combined with something else, could weigh in as much as gold.) Who knows how many "kings/potentates" believed the "magic" and bought the story. Their "slight-of-hand" may have caused the inquisition, from people feeling cheated.

The "Philosopher's Stone" is thought of now as the transformation of the eternal soul, as there isn't any proof there was one made from all the "chemical" combinations people have experimented with. But at least chemistry/physics grew out of these "smelting" techniques, as was radium, uranium, and now Cern. The "stone" may be the "hidden" knowledge of life itself, creating clones, messing with genes/DNA etc. etc. True Gnosis is knowing when to stop, perhaps??

(Pours the coffee and grabs the donut.) It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1050
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 2:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie! I'm gearing up to do "Waxy Jellyfish" now! I think you and your co-worker will have new wallpapers in your future!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1052
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 2:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay, here's my first stab ever at creating a jellyfish. I kinda like it...

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Dreamfish1.jpg

buddie

Post Number: 644
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 3:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now I have Van the Man's
"philosophers stone"
as an Ear worm..not so bad I like it..lol

Waxy I like Very very Much as it is !!!
you captured that Floating Feeling..
and I "love" the shades of blue..
:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)