Archive through June 02, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through June 02, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 6202
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 1:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Da Vinci's "hidden" sketch:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4639945.stm

(And we thought there wasn't a "code??!!") He painted over his own drawings.

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 907
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cool.

Except it wasn't uncommon to reuse boards and stuff back then, just like it wasn't uncommon for the masters to give their students works to do and then use their own names to them and take the credit.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6204
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, you just made another "Da Vinci Code" discovery!! The only real "Da Vinci" art is actually his codexes (Sketch books???)

Brighid

Post Number: 908
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 4:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*shifty eyed*

Not that I like art ... or a good mystery ...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 536
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 4:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

WOW !! I know from the reports of cleaning the
" Frescos "???? they see all this ..
Lab your correct The Sketches..

Brighid

Post Number: 909
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 5:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay new weirdness which was rather cool.

Dad wanted me to go with him to take flowers to Mom's grave today (and Grandmother's, her mother, whose next to her... not because he normally would, he hated her, but because she was there too) and I told him to stand there while I'd sit down and fix the flowers for the small urns that they have there (there was another reason why, but that's beside the point). So while I was fixing the flowers I was talking to my mom and grandmother silently like I do (because I'm not really "allowed" to spend time by myself like that... don't ask... it's not worth the battle with him). So I'm talking to them (well anyhow to them at the graves, not like they're in there or anything, it's just bodies) and when I was fixing the flowers on my grandmother's grave, the WEIRDEST THING happened.

Like... out of no where behind me next thing I know this little wild bird flew up and landed on my shoulder. I couldn't see it, it was in my hair and stuff (my hair's pretty long), but of course the minute Dad saw it he chased it off. I did hear it though, it was sitting there for a moment on my shoulder twittering, which... was really REALLY cool. Dad said it was a Chickadee (which I believe is some form of sparrow). Sparrows are harbingers for spirits, in lore.

So, while I'm frustrated that my dad would even chase it off (I mean I really don't get why he would... seriously...) I'm astounded and tickled that it happened, none-the-less.

Susi, if you see this, can you (or anyone) tell me any lores about sparrows and what they may represent? I'm going to look up more.

That was just too cool.

--From Harley

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 13103
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 5:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

chickadee-heerful & truthful expression, associated with mystery, the feminine, (to the cherokee, the chickadee is the bird of truth), there are 7 kinds of chickadees, representing the 7 chakras. when the chakras are balanced, there is greater realization of the truth around us. learn to express the truth in a manner that heals, balances and opens the perceptions.

if a sparrow-awakening, symbol of triumph and long suffering. sparrow asks you, are you allowing others to take your dignity? have you forgotten your self worth? the sparrow will show you how to survive.draw down into your heart and thraot center and sing forth your life.

buddie

Post Number: 541
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 9:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Bridget ..Susi..
thats really close to what you said Brig.
A Sparrow..Susi what does a Robin say ?
I had a very unusual visit from a Robin in Februrrary about a year after my Mom passed.
The winter month it's self is weird and Robins were her favourite bird.

susi t learn

Post Number: 13105
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 3:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

robin-new growth, when robin comes into your life, expect new growth to occur in a variety of areas in your life. robin reflects a need to sing your own song forth if you wish new growth.

by the way, anyone else notice john seems to be gone????

moonhowler
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 505
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 3:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Methinks he will be back soon. I believe he was having a problem. John, you still out there?

susi, what about mockingbirds and blue jays? That's all I seem to have around here anymore, since the hurricanes of the past two years. They have nested and were picking on my poor dog this entire month! All he wanted do was his "business". He's a lover, not a scrapper.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.
... Irish Proverb

susi t learn

Post Number: 13107
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 3:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

mockingbird-finding your sacred song (soul purpose), time to sing out your talents, help you realize your life purpose, can teach secrets of all communication, follow your own path.

blue jay-(i had an up close and personal lesson in this area) proper use of power. don't abuse it! ability to link the heavens and earth, tap the primal energies, you have a tremendous amount of ability but you're scattered, learn to follow through, sometimes blue jay shows up when you're out of balance.

moonhowler

Post Number: 506
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 4:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, boy, am I ever out of balance! Thank you, susi. What an interesting person you are. Hope Bryn is doing OK.

(Message edited by moonhowler923 on May 28, 2006)
... Irish Proverb

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2161
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 9:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

birds... the other day while standing on my driveway with the furnace/ac man, a dark hawk (redtail) glided not 30 feet above us. Landed in a tree in the next block to join its mate. I could see that, in the direct sunlight, it was a lighter brown color.
Then, on the grounds where I work, I found 2 fine feathers - they have a lot of fluff at the base but the tops fan out into an irridescent copper/red color with dark bars.

I told a co-worker about this, she at first thought I had seen a buzzard.
"No", I explained - "I've seen lots of buzzards but this bird had an 18" wingspan..."
About a day later she had her own Redtail sighting
so now she knows what they look like.
"You were right", she said.
Whatever.
I understand Redtail hawks' color varies tremendously from almost black, to light brown to white underside...and that some NA's use the feathers in healing ceremony.
I am wondering what to make with the two 6" feathers - they are a shiny pink-copper-brown color in the sunlight - like a peacock's.
----------------
About John:

Thomas found this when he clicked on J's profile

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
quote:
The profile that you have requested no longer exists. The user who created this profile has been deleted from the system

Now it's my understanding that when you delete your membership, your user/board names are retired so that nobody - not even yourself - can re-register with the same ones, at least not for a long time.
I think he embarassed himself when he started a thread ("Alusis9nomorebs6") about the fact that Alusis started so many threads - and then started one himself to complain about it.
If he comes back, he may have to find a new handle for himself.

(Message edited by Mark on May 28, 2006)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6215
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wrote to John, and he said he's just taking a break from the board for awhile, needed a rest. He will be back. No worries.

People need hiatus' once in awhile. Conversations get to them, and they need to "gain strength."

Here's a toast to John that he will return soon. (Clicks two coffee cups together.) Luv ya John.

susi t learn

Post Number: 13108
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moon

bryn's doing ok, other than laryngitis.

Brighid

Post Number: 912
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 9:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you Susi. That was a very strange incident, and I felt like it really meant something. Its nice to have an idea of what it may have been, and boy! Do I sure need those things! *HUGS*

--From Harley

susi t learn

Post Number: 13110
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 9:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

by the way, i'm not the all wise crone...lol

i get alot of stuff from 'animal speaks' by ted andrews. plus gut instinct and experience. for me, animals have been a huge part of my life with the lessons or messages they bring me.

Brighid

Post Number: 913
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 9:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LOL I don't see you as a "crone" Susi, I couldn't, you're barely older than I am! *HUGS* However you do know more about Native American lore and beliefs than I.

I did, however, look up bird pictures with my Dad to try and find out exactly what it was. It appears it was a Ruby Crown Kinglet, which is a type of Wren. So, I looked up Wren, in Celtic Lore, and found this:

Druids considered the wren 'supreme among all birds.' It was the sacred bird of the Isle of Man, which used to be a shrine of the dead and the dwelling-place of the Moon Goddess who cared for pagan souls.

It was the Druid King of the Birds and auguries were drawn from its chirping; in Celtic lore the wren is prophetic and the direction from which it calls is highly significant. The bird was sacred to Taliesin. In Scotland it was the Lady of Heaven's Hen and killing it was considered extremely unlucky; but in England and France there was a Hunting of the Wren on St Stephen's Day, 26 December, a ceremony which rose from an ancient pre-Christian rite. Hunters dressed ritually, killed a wren, hung it on a pole and took it in procession, demanding money; they then buried it in the churchyard.

It was associated with the underworld and these hunting rituals were connected with the winter solstice and the death of vegetation. In Ireland it was known as 'Fionn's doctor' and was hunted by the Wren Boys in much the same ritual as in Britain and France on St Stephens Day. The bird was representing the Sleeping Lord who, whether Cronos, Bran or Arthur must cede place, however great his reign. # 161 - 225 - 454 - 701 p 412

Which, is even more ominous considering I was sitting at the cemetery with my Dad!

--From Harley

susi t learn

Post Number: 13111
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sal, give me your strongest coffee. i have been dragging all day long. i'm lethargic. i didn't get alot of sleep last night so i'm worthless. lol

actually, i don't see 'crone' as a negative thing. each stage of the feminine has it's perks. we, and i'm sure other tribes, believe a woman doesn't really come into her greatest power until after she quits her moon time. she's wiser and has 'more medicine'. the crone was revered and sometimes feared.

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 830
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 10:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, I have been calling myself crone for a number of years now. It is a title I consider to be fitting for someone old enough to finally know what they are doing. That is why we are feared!

I love that book by Ted Andrews and use it a lot when I receive messages from the animals.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

susi t learn

Post Number: 13112
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 11:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yep. :-)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6231
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 11:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Crones in ancient times were the only ones who could keep the tribe warm (hot flashes!!)
Am very proud to be in that catagory.

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 988
Posted on Sunday, May 28, 2006 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hot flashes? Is that "Crone's" Disease? [slaps self for tasteless pun]
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

moonhowler

Post Number: 507
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 2:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

tsk, tsk, tsk, Waxy. Bad, bad pun!

I looked up crone, on a hunch. Dictionary said it was an ugly, evil-looking old woman. Being an old woman isn't a problem; however, I prefer to be a jazzy, beautiful, compassionate old woman. I demand a rewrite of the dictionary. THEN I will be a crone! Until the rewrite, I shall remain a "beautiful" (in my own mind!), jazzy, compassionate WISE WOMAN (again, in my own mind!).
... Irish Proverb

buddie

Post Number: 547
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 6:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

** HUGS ** John

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6236
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Much prefer this definition of "carrion" tradition of Crone:http://www.moondance.org/1997/autumn97/nonfiction/crone.html
She was the wisest person in any tribe, one who knew where all the hunters could find food, the best patches of healing herbs, the safest place to camp.
She may not be beautiful to look at from the sun/rain weathering, but her soul shown through the wrinkles.
This modern era is the only culture (besides the "Inquisition") that did not revere it's aged ones.

So pour the cups and hand out the sweets, granny is in the house!!

(Message edited by Leathab on May 29, 2006)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 989
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Everybody is too busy making money to buy IPods and flat-screen TVs to have time for such nonsense...
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

buddie

Post Number: 548
Posted on Monday, May 29, 2006 - 6:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab what a cool site..I have to send it
to a friend who is just the age to be a Crone.
She'll love it.She went to see Stonehenge last
fall and sent me a Picture( it was our Dream )
glad one of us got there :-)
I will too but I'll go to Scotland and
and visit Roslin Chapel as well ..

To the resurgence of **Crone Consciousness**

moonhowler

Post Number: 509
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 4:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, LAB, what a great site. Now I won't mind being called a "crone". I don't mind being "old", I just hate being stereotyped as ugly and evil.
... Irish Proverb

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6250
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, I've earned every wrinkle, white hair, and belly-innertube cortisol!! Proud of it, too!!
No botox, slice and dice for my face and body!!
Just remembering the "yell" from "Network" "I'm mad as "bleep" and I'm not gonna take it anymore!!" Why are women scarring themselves up to plasticize their features. If anything, they look worse because everyone knows it's artificial, pulled skin looks dreadful!! Stretching all those pores doesn't look real, botoxing mouths don't work properly, nor do eye brows!!

(Will get off this rant soon, be patient!!)

Am watching Today show, about "granny" fashion, where crocheting/knitting is popular on the runways. Hurray for the lost arts!!

Being "old" is not dreadful, it's a time of reflection and enjoyment, most of the kids are out of the house, the remote is yours once again!!
The extra "pin" money can go for a massage or a cuppa joe and a donut, instead of for a humungously expensive video game. The "golden" years are the time to reflect and go down different paths, take a breath and "smell the flowers." Food can be eaten and no one is there to compare "derriers." Age is an advantage. Aches and pains can be ignored by getting the mind on other thoughts. Buddha lived until 80.

Eat up, drink up, the only place left is "down to the earth."

susi t learn

Post Number: 13116
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

from 'fried green tomatos'...

'i'm older and have more insurance!'

what age has freed me up to do is say exactly what's on my mind.

older women i think are cool...colleen dewhurst, angie dickenson (no plastic for her), kathy bates.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 993
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[GASP!] I know she's not with us anymore, but what about Jessica Tandy?

Brighid

Post Number: 914
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm afraid of old age. I see what happened to my Mom, and she had Dad to help her, whereas I'll be alone, and she had money for a good home, whereas I'm poor.

Unfortunately I also grew up inundated with "you're useless after a certain age" ... which while I don't use that with other people, it's really imbedded in my mind about myself. Reverse hypocrisy.

I'd never get plastic surgery, and I do believe I've earned the grey hairs I don't seem to have yet... however, I'm still terrified. That part of me that screams out "You're getting old, no one will want you" etc etc...

But... that's just me and my neurosis.

On the other hand I do find that I'm more likely to tell things like they are now, rather than holding back, and facing things in life is much easier now that I have experience behind me... also that I understand more and have more patience to laugh at things rather than get angry or upset.

--From Harley

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10065
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 1:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[Pat walks in, bleary-eyed, looks for John and fails to find him, then goes over to the stuffie pile in the corner and falls backward onto/into it and lies there spread-eagle with zero grace, but with great, great relief]

Please, someone set up a coffee IV so that I can get my life back on track. Haven't figured out how to upload pics of my artwork onto my computer yet, so I can't tack anything up on Sal's Art Wall yet. The Sceptic's in a meeting and isn't returning my pleas for tech assistance.....

Re: being a Crone -- I have alters who are fine with that and others that run screaming when they're "out" and I happen to look into a mirror So I'm of more than two minds about it....making me even more confused around the subject than most Boomer females, which is saying something. Since I inherited the genes to not go gray until very late, I've not had to face gray hairs yet, but the face and body are definitely aging now. It's the signs of brain aging that actually annoy me the most--especially that struggle to find a word that just didn't happen a dozen years ago. But I love that I have so much experience to rely upon when I need to make a decision--that's a real plus.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

donnawa
Username: donnawa

Post Number: 2686
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 1:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I must have crazy genes regarding hair color. In front I am white; in back I am black. That looks freaky in a pony tail!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 998
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 5:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Admit it - you've just been walking into freshly-painted walls!

buddie

Post Number: 553
Posted on Tuesday, May 30, 2006 - 7:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

PAT!!Welcome back!!...fight's "impetus" urge
to jump on couch and invade Pat's space!!

My Future Years. if anyone cares!
Today I'm happier than I've been in 10 years.
I'm looking forward to my 50t's because
I will be a "WHOLE PERSON" by then.

This past year has been an amazing time in
my life.I have lived independently for the
1st time in 20 some years.
I got out from 10 years in a controlling
relationship.

I found UC I think, in August of last year?
(Probably seems longer for the people who
know me)

The unknown was always so much a part
of my life but I hid it.
When I came here I had no contact with
own myself on a day to day forget the
night time. I was in control at work and
that was all..couldn't even sign a check
on my own..

I'm believing in myself now.I had to work
at that to feel me again..and I'll never forgot the words told to me months ago in here.
You have the answers inside.You don't have to be told! That was so BLANK back then..
I listen to myself now ..that's such a nice feeling.
Sometimes I still want to be told ??
How weird is that?? a work in progress I
guess ?

Sal said ..No Service unless you say something and the Muffins smelllll so good Waxy ..

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10069
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 1:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[Pat walks in slightly steadier than last time, doesn't trip over or run into any of the tables or chairs and her eyes are almost focusing--definite improvement!]

Sal, I need a lemon/poppyseed muffin and a triple mocha--iced--and will try not to hog all the stuffies today Thank you all for not invading my Personal Space, since I was totally 'peopled-out' yesterday and needed to vegge alone for a bit. buddie, I have a feeling that a lot of experiencers need to find this place before they can begin to bloom. The 'muggle' world is not a friendly place for most of us.....we need to have contact with others like ourselves before life can make sense, methinks.

[walks over to art wall and starts to tack up pics of astronomical paintings on canvas and also decides to put up the mind control themed one that's painted on gessoed Masonite...but I'll post it last]

Ruins--All That Remains

Star Shower

Young Stars, Old World

Life Ascends

Fiery Birth

And, last but not least, Lily's Window

Some of the photos of the ones on canvas suck--they're too blue or too anemic-looking. I need to get my photography skills up to par again
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

buddie

Post Number: 561
Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat, your an amazing painter they are all
equally beautiful..Lily's window is of course
my Favourite.. it's hidden messages are just
the more reason to stare..I sent them all to
the office..Lily goes on my wall & I can't yet choose which one of the others..
If thats still OK..
The photos look fine to me..Blue is my favourite color so no such thing as Too Blue :-)

moonhowler

Post Number: 512
Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 7:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Patricia, I'm awestruck. How beautiful.
... Irish Proverb

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 1006
Posted on Thursday, June 01, 2006 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm easily intimidated, so it took some nerve on my part even to look at two of them; I'm not sure if I could ever pull something quite like that off without either training or my 'Bryce crutch'.

Good stuff!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10077
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 12:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy, you know you can use Bryce or any virtual 3D program as reference material for paintings....I set up a purchased model of those ruins in Poser 4 and lit them, then used them as reference for the ones in that first painting. Right now, I'm working on posing my virtual Lily model in the same program as a model for a fantasy painting in acrylics and alkyds.

That was actually what Poser was created to do--provide models for artists. And in Bryce you can move the sun around, try different skies and different terrains until you get something you want to paint. The shadows are all cast correctly, making it much easier than it is to just dream up a landscape....you should give it a try. (and show us the results, of course, if you're pleased with them!)

You're very artistic--if you were local, I know I could teach you to paint. And you can always PM me if you have questions--I really used to enjoy doing workshops for artists in the old days. A lot of the textural stuff I do is just tricks that I figured out. They can be taught in minutes if I can just demonstrate them.

Thank you for the compliments, guys That convention art show I did was so disappointing to me that I think I needed some ego-boo

buddie

Post Number: 575
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 2:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal..seen Lab today?
Hope your eye is getting better.
Leaves "Hugs" for Lab and John.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10083
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 2:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I miss John *so much*! Wish he'd come back. Sal's just isn't the same without him behind the counter....

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6291
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 3:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had to baby-sit the gkids this morning, eye is better, but going for appointment tomorrow. With the next gkid just a week away, she needed last appointment.

Was going to post sketches but Pat's are so good, no need. Feel like a "hack" next to her Art.

Need some sugared something quick, energy is low.

susi t learn

Post Number: 13147
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 3:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

shame on you lab! you're very talented! everyone has their own style. post them i tell you!

john, come back. if you do i won't make fun of that little ruffly apron you wear.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10085
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 5:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L. A. B., please, please don't say that--! I already was made to feel horribly guilty that way in grade school and jr. high by kids who were very talented, but said that they were going to just drop art because my pictures were "better" Then the world loses their vision and it's my fault, but I have no way to fix it.

So *please* post your artwork. The things you've posted in the past were so vibrant and beautiful--susi's exactly correct: you have your own style and so do each of us. If I looked at the work of artists who are technically light-years beyond my work and stopped painting, what sense does that make????

Instead, I study their work for clues/insights to their techniques and try to steal them As Larry Niven says, "The difference between the pros and the rest is that the pros only steal from the best!" Right now I'm studying the work of John Agnew to try to improve my painting of minute natural textures, for one example. He has a wonderful book on painting techniques out called "Painting the Secret World" that's full of step-by-step examples of how the heck he paints so realistically.

Bottom line -- there is ALWAYS someone who's better at whatever than you are. But that's no excuse not to share your work

buddie

Post Number: 584
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 5:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG..now I feel like I can be a help.
Lab..ART..is how we FEEL!!
I'm a sketch person also.I love
sketch..I've never seen art like Pat
does. I'm so happy to see it.
I love the result but it's never
going to replace where my
emotions come from.It's Sketch..
John .. I won't put Smiley
Faces on your Bumm at the next
Partie.Just come back I miss you..

buddie

Post Number: 594
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Grabs Rolly Polly Bear..
Turns on the Disco Ball..
Shuts off the Lights..
plays Ole Juke..

Susi I think you'll like her!!
A1. Patty Loveless.."Mountain soul"

Nite ..

susi t learn

Post Number: 13150
Posted on Friday, June 02, 2006 - 9:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i've been a fan of patty's for years. :-)

ever listen to iris dement?