Archive through May 26, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through May 26, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie

Post Number: 425
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 8:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab I Have Faith..

I Dob't care
:-)

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 886
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 9:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

WHEE LAB!

*makes certain Sal sets up a corner booth for her, including a wireless laptop, lots of water and drinks, and her favourite foods*

You go girl!

Susi: You're such a dear for helping take care of so many people. What a strong woman! *HUGS*

Patricia: I'm glad you're mother's day turned out for the best.

Tomorrow is dentist for me! ARRGH!!! *packs up all her valium, valerian root and prepares for her "hostage crisis"*
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12940
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

brighid

thanks. you do what you do. :-)

are you having teeth pulled? if so, start popping zinc. it excelerates healing.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 427
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 9:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brig..
Llamma..Llamma..DUCK..
That made me Laugh..when I needed it..

I'm not sure what's going on ??

Brighid

Post Number: 888
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 9:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Due to past drug use (yay recovery?) and bulemia, I now get to have all my teeth yanked and have fake ones put in at the tender age of 41! WHEE!

*feel the sarcasm*

Tomorrow's just X-rays and stuff, but I'm absolutely phobic of dentists (for some unknown reason) to the point where I've passed out before.

WHEE! Loads of fun for the entire family!

If nothing else, perhaps I can serve as an example of what not to do when you're young!

(Message edited by Brighid_Moon on May 15, 2006)
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 6039
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Blessings and meditations for Brighid that she will sail through this trial, and come out whole. We luvs ya Brigs.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6042
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You guys good wishes helped, I am a finalist, got the verification e-mail a few minutes ago. Yippeee!!! Coke and popcorn all around!!

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 430
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 11:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab..Frigg..You are
SMART MISSIE..Pluss Huggs..

Now What..

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 431
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 6:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brig..I just ran over the posts..I'm having
a high weirdness week so i'm not at my best??
blessings to you and want you know I'm
thinking of you..Lots of Hugs girlie and
do everything the Doctor tells you..

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10007
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 1:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I lit the candle in front of Ganesha for you, Brighid--you hang in there. As a fellow "terrified-of-dentists person", I really, really know what you're going through, but when it's over, you'll have a beautiful smile again and you'll probably be healthier, too. Bad teeth have a tendency to cause all sorts of low-grade infections and can really drain a person, without their even knowing it

L. A. B., I'm so thrilled for you! My pea-brain is not up to any kind of puzzles like that, probably due to their similarity to tests, which I'm phobic about So I hugely admire folks who can not just DO them, but do them WELL

[takes her frozen coffee drink over to slurp in L. A. B.'s ear as she cheers her on]
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6046
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 1:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Listens to all that slurping and hears "ocean waves.") Ah, calm the mind, calm the body, thanks Pat. It was very like taking those "IQ/What do ya wanna be when you grow up" tests we all took in 8th and 11th grade, except they attached a "hunt for answer" at the end of each puzzle. (Am I paranoid in thinking that MS/Google/Sony is watching my abilities and going to "pounce" on me as soon as the game is complete??)

Dentists to me seem like the only group that doesn't have a 'policing' of policy regarding the care of teeth. Some over-drill (my son found this out from a dentist who told him, his old dentist took away too much tooth, leading to early root-canals.) Why isn't there a backlash of "lawsuits" for overkill?? (Can you tell I dislike dentists as well!!) All that mercury in the mouth was not good for me. After a root canal/cap that cost $2500/3000 I knew someone was making a "huge" profit at the cost of the patient and their insurance. There needs to be exploration by someone to see if this can be changed. (Getting off my rant now!!!)

Mexican breakfast sounds great just about now!!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6056
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 3:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Tacks up picture, sorry, re-run but in black.)
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/7513/blackdance0bz.jpg

Brighid

Post Number: 889
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*dances!* I survived the dentist with no valium!

The girl who took the x-rays was like nineteen and hurt my mouth! LOL But the dentist was very kind and had a nice voice (soothing voices help me alot).

He said, "Are you positive you want all those teeth out?"

I said, "Yes."

He said, "You're absolutely certain you want all your teeth pulled?"

I said, "Yes."

Wham! Bam! They're making me an appt. with the denture people and the oral surgeon. I should have new, happy, fake teeth (and never have to see the dentist again!) within two months!

WHEE!

Sal, I'll take a strawberry sundae along side my triple caramel mocha!

Patricia: Thank you for the candle! It obviously helped!

LAB: "They" better not try and get to you due to your intellectual abilities! I'll have to sic Tandy on "Them"! (She'll lick them to pieces and whine them to death.)

--From Harley

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10015
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 1:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L. A. B., that's gorgeous! Isn't it neat working on colored paper? The darks or mid-tones are already there and you just have to pick out the light areas--it always makes me feel as if I'm cheating and getting off easy, somehow Love it. Wish I'd done some pastels for this show, but none of my ideas were right for that media.

Did a small astronomical painting yesterday and will finish it today. And I managed to get an old computer art piece to *finally* open again so that I can re-render it at the correct DPI--took days of effort and swearing, since in the 3 years since I did it, some of the textures had inexplicably disappeared from my hard-drive and Poser 4 has a bug that hangs it up if it can't locate a texture

But I finally got it to open, rerendered and am trying to post-work it now in Photoshop...problem is, I've not used Photoshop in a while and have forgotten how to do some basic stuff. But it's coming along, slowly. Then I can give a bunch of $$ to a printer for Giclee prints of it. And I'll have to pay for custom mats, unfortunately--it's a weird size. From now on, I'm going to learn how to do things in standard sizes.

Brighid, I'm so glad the first hurdle is over. Know what you mean about the x-rays hurting your mouth--the pain is so sharp it brings tears to my eyes sometimes, when they place those sharp cardboard film holders in tender places. OUCH.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

susi t learn

Post Number: 12960
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 1:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

NO MORE TOOTHACHES! yea!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6067
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 2:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Got my little "prize" in the mail, it's cute. Worth about $30.00 and will probably be sold at Barnes and Nobles, but it is made of metal and the letters "roll."

Ah well, Friday will never come, so I can get this over and clean out my "tracking cookies!!"

Pour that cuppa joe black and hot!!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6071
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 3:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Politically correct???) The new jargon!!
Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America, Kentuckians, Tennesseans and West Virginians will no longer be referred to as "HILLBILLIES." You must now refer to them as APPALACHIAN-AMERICANS.

And furthermore...

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT WOMEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. She is not a "BABE" or a "CHICK" --- She is a "BREASTED AMERICAN."
2. She is not a "SCREAMER", a WHINER or a "MOANER" --- She is "VOCALLY APPRECIATIVE."
3. She is not "EASY" --- She is "HORIZONTALLY ACCESSIBLE."
4. She is not a "DUMB BLONDE" --- She is a "LIGHT-HAIRED DETOUR OFF THE INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY."
5. She has not "BEEN AROUND" --- She is a "PREVIOUSLY-ENJOYED COMPANION."
6. She is not an "AIRHEAD" --- She is "REALITY IMPAIRED."
7. She does not get "DRUNK" or "TIPSY" --- She gets "CHEMICALLY INCONVENIENCED"
8. She does not have "BREAST IMPLANTS" --- She is "MEDICALLY ENHANCED."
9. She does not "NAG" you --- She becomes "VERBALLY REPETITIVE."
10. She is not a "TRAMP" --- She is "SEXUALLY EXTROVERTED."
11. She does not have "MAJOR LEAGUE HOOTERS" --- She is "PECTORALLY SUPERIOR."
12. She is not a "TWO-BIT HOOKER" --- She is a "LOW COST PROVIDER."

HOW TO SPEAK ABOUT MEN AND BE POLITICALLY CORRECT:

1. He does not have a "BEER GUT" --- He has developed a "LIQUID GRAIN STORAGE FACILITY."
2. He is not a "BAD DANCER" --- He is "OVERLY CAUCASIAN."
3 He does not "GET LOST ALL THE TIME" --- He "INVESTIGATES ALTERNATIVE DESTINATIONS."
4. He is not "BALDING" --- He is in "FOLLICLE REGRESSION."
5. He is not a "CRADLE ROBBER" --- He prefers "GENERATIONAL DIFFERENTIAL RELATIONSHIPS."
6. He does not get "FALLING-DOWN DRUNK" --- He becomes "ACCIDENTALLY HORIZONTAL."
7. He does not act like a "TOTAL A&&" --- He develops a case of RECTAL-CRANIAL INVERSION."
8. He is not a "MALE CHAUVINIST PIG" --- He has "SWINE EMPATHY."
9. He is not afraid of "COMMITMENT" --- He is "RELATIONSHIP CHALLENGED."
10. He is not "HORNY" --- He is "SEXUALLY FOCUSED."
11. It's not his "CRACK" you see hanging out of his pants --- It's "REAR CLEAVAGE.

NOW, YOU KNOW HOW TO SPEAK!!!!
(Was on another site I frequent.)
Thought we needed a laugh.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 448
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 - 5:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Huggs.
Lab you always make me laugh..
even when your down !!
and .. We are free to visit other sites..

And after # 6 if only he could be # 10 :-)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6093
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Three more hours and I go-for-it!! Have a fun, puzzle-solving, discerning, loving, day!! Blessings on everyone!!

Cuppa Joe, and deviled-ham sandwich, light-mustard and mayo, Sal. This is going to be a long stint, make the Coka-cola tall and iced!!

Whee!!!

Brighid

Post Number: 893
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

WHEE LAB!

*puts on her cheer-leading outfit and picks up her pom-poms*

GOOD LUCK!

--From Harley

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 929
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Does Sal by any chance have a cousin named Sweetbatter Vin?
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 464
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal reply's to Waxy..
When a guy says he likes a womans sense
of humor,he ISEN'T talking about her jokes.
He's talking about appreciating his!! :-)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6099
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, my poor old WIN98SE computer crashed in the middle of solving the 1st puzzle, so I'm out. But it was fun to try.

Brighid

Post Number: 895
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Awww :-( *HUGS* Poor LAB! That's dreadful!

Today must be computer death day. My working computer died, now I'm on my 1/2 working computer and hoping it doesn't die too. If it does, that's the end of computers for me for a while. Can't afford to get them fixed and certainly can't afford a new one. I don't know what I'll do without it! *DIES*

--From Harley

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 467
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab..I have W98..And couldn't get in..

BUSTARDS!!!!!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 932
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 12:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Shh! Don't say that! I could get a new comp if I had to, but I really would prefer not to at this time...
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6100
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 12:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, I didn't do too badly, here is a photo of the prize I did win. Kinda cute little Cryptex.
http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/2390/cryptex39np.jpg

Brighid

Post Number: 896
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 2:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Aww RIGHT ON! *HUGS* Good show! At least you got something! That's much more than most people ever do! Congratulations!

--From Harley

moonhowler
Advanced Member
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 498
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 5:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, LAB, neat-o. Hold on to it. It will become a collector's item. And, because The Da Vinci Code is all mysterious and controversial, there may even be come kind of code in/on it somewhere and in the future there will be another contest for those who won these Crypti (pleural of Cryptex?). Glad you came away with something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.
... Irish Proverb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 937
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 5:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay, here's what might be called an "induced synchronicity". Sometimes my memory will hit me with brain-teaser snippets for recreational research. Little itches to scratch.

This morning, due to a bout of insomnia, I was reflecting on various 80s tunes that, while not favorites or even part of a liked genre, nevertheless are able to take me back. The last of these was a dance track from what actually turned out to be 1990 called "That's The Way Of The World". I remembered seeing the video and thinking the woman singing was somewhat cute, and my memory (as it always does) faithfully recorded snippets of images and words and fortunately a few lyrics.

Anyway, after a bit of stubborn Googling and thinking, I finally recalled that her name is Cathy Dennis. So I head on over to Wiki, and learn that she is still working and has a fine resume. Now here's where the synchronicity comes in.

I've never watched 'American Idol' and never will, but I know a good many board denizens do. Well, here's some fun trivia for you. Cathy Dennis (according to Wiki) CO-WROTE THE THEME MUSIC FOR THE SHOW!

Mild wonderment, but wonderment nonetheless...

(Message edited by waxtadpole on May 20, 2006)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 938
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 6:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In case anybody wants to join Waxy in his odd little trip back in time, I found a page with a full streaming-audio of this tune (several mixes in fact)

As I said before, not really my kind of music, but now I remember part of why I became mildly enamored of her. What a sweetly 'girlish' yet strong voice. A voice I would not the least bit mind hearing call my name...

http://www.daliciousmonster.com/Recastow/details.php?vinylID=800

http://www.daliciousmonster.com/Recastow/RAM/wayofworld-b3.ram comes closest to what I remember.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 471
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab that is Very Cool.. it may go for
a fortune on E-bay or at the least a great piece of memorabilia..save the packaging too.

Waxy I would listen but I have no speakers..

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 473
Posted on Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh ..just remembered a piece of a dream
I had last night.
I didn't see your pic until this
morning Lab,
But You and another person
( can't remember who )from in here
were in my dream.
You were showing this person
a picture negative and explaining
something to them.. :-)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6111
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning, some of you folks have been complaining about "computer" grief, (slow-ups, things not working properly, etc.) I found this neat page that tells about security patches,
http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:cwhnlY5hmekJ:hpsweb.honeywell.com/NR/rdonlyr es/2281308F-44AA-4513-8549-8BC3140B5F79/17185/QualifiedHotfixesforPlantScapeandE xperionPKS.doc+security+patches,+890175,++troubleshooting,+&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk& cd=5 which ones are good to have, and which ones are "exceptions." I had two of these patches, (my games had been running slow) deleted them out of "control panel/add/remove programs (this is for WIN98SE) and now my games run like a dream!! Something about those "patches" interfere with various programs. Sometimes the security patches are worse then the "possible" virus/spyware they protect from!!

Anyway, hope this helps.
Pour that Sunday coffee with cream and sugar please, celebrating!!

susi t learn

Post Number: 13027
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

the last few days my computer's been screwy. but i never know if it's the machine, my cable co, the internet or me.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6112
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If you are "downloading" upgrades religiously, it might be that!! C: drive just cannot handle some of them, so it slows things up. Go into your Control panel, add/remove programs, and scroll down to the words "upgrades" and write down the numbers, then go to that "page" I posted, and see if any of your numbers match the ones with "exceptions" if they do, go back to "add/remove" and remove just those numbers. Then reboot, and see if your computer runs better.

(I think this was the problem that kept me from playing "the DC game" online. Oh well, ce la vi.)

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 496
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 8:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SAL..
TURN OFF THE TELEVISION!!!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 10050
Posted on Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 10:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just popping in for a gooey chocolate dessert to soothe my soul--how about a brownie sundae topped with hot fudge Then it's back to work on the painting that's making me nuts today It's called "Lily's Window" and it's got some very disturbing objects in it that are connected to MC. But it also has some very beautiful ones....when it's done, I'll photograph it and link to it. Not sure Sal will want it on her wall. I'm going to put it up at the art show, but not explain what it means. (It'll be marked NFS, of course--Not For Sale)

Speaking of TVs, I need to get the one in the studio hooked up again, so that I can distract myself a bit. The long hours are getting to me and it would also make me refocus my eyes more often and maybe prevent eyestrain/fatigue.

Brighid

Post Number: 899
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 1:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've had a rough day, Sal. I'll take what Patricia's having too! And a never-ending supply of iced water for the hot-flashes.

*curls up in the corner under the blanket with Tandy and has a personal pity-party*

--From Harley

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 500
Posted on Monday, May 22, 2006 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal..
surprise me with a Sweet and Gooey also..
Make it to go please.
Pat I'll be looking forward to seeing
Lily's Window..if you are able to stare
out over a body of water that is a very
good exercise for tired eyes.
Good luck in the show..

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 825
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 9:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I need a hot fudge sundae with peppermint stick ice cream and extra whipped cream.
I feel strange today. I'm not sure what is wrong, but something is going to happen.
Thank heavens I can come here and eat what I want without the consequences. I've lost over twenty pounds in the past six weeks and am feeling very deprived lately.
I think sometimes what visions I see are not actually premonitions of things to come, but scenes from a movie or tv show or commercial that is still in development.
What if Nostradamas was seeing scenes from movies like "The Day after Tomorrow" or tv shows like 10.5 ? Maybe his little crystal ball or whatever picked up the tv frequencies. He wouldn't know the difference, right?

Stuff I like to think about while nibbling on hot fudge.

We are laughing right now because my husband just 'passed gas' and the actress on TV said " Can you smell that?"

Synchronicity rules.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

susi t learn

Post Number: 13073
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2006 - 9:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy

you just made me laugh out loud!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6162
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 9:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hubby is going in for "laser surgery" on his right eye, strange about "synchronicity." I was having an "itchy eyeball" from hay fever and figured I needed to make an appointment for myself to get some new "gas-perms" (it's been some time.) So I schedule the appointment, then daughter squeeks that she had just bought tickets for the "Da Vinci Code" and hubby said he needed to change his glasses, so he took my appointment and I went to the movie. We come back, and he tells me the optician is sending him to the laser Dr. because there is an "anomaly" on his eyeball, near a blood vessel that needs to be fixed. Guess it's good my "itchy eye" did something to save his sight. Maybe I'll get to the eye-opty later in the week.
Wish him luck!!! Pour that coffee strong and black.

buddie

Post Number: 519
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 8:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Ladies..Geeze Lab.Take that trip to Toronto.
Still open.. :-)
Anyway I wanted to leave Waxy a message..
Can someone cover over my name after Please!!

Waxy..if you remember I said I have your
1st Angel as my screen saver at work.
Today as I'm strolling past my desk I
glanced at my terminal and just then my
brain did a Morph with the Angel?
I was seeing it upside down..kinda semi
impossed over the screen image..
It's a VERY FREAKY looking FACE by the WAY!
check it out!!
I stopped dead thinking W.T.Frigg ??
My Manager comes over and asks
"are you OK" ?? that made me jump.
I must have looked like ..never has this happened before.
But I am having a Weird 2 weeks...Geeze !!!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 976
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 1:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, there's a phenomenon called pareidolia where the human mind has a 'knack' for finding faces in random patterns. I suspect that's what's happened here. Don't fret! Waxy's angels are all good...

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6177
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 10:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Could it be seeing them as "photo negative?" A rods and cones change? Like this (apologies Waxy.)
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/4669/waxy41nd.jpg

buddie

Post Number: 522
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 1:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab..not like that no.the picture looked the same
except upside down.I have a small one on my
wall and had to keep looking from one to the other
to "get it" !! weirdess thing I ever saw :-)
thank you...

Waxy thank you ..my first chance to scoot
around the board today xcept for "words"..
it must be what you said..
I can't pronounce it but at least it's not
a Brain Tumor...

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 978
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 5:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[chuckle] Nope, thank goodness for that! Anyway, perhaps in lieu of monsters-in-the-closet, one of my obsessions as a kid was to see demon faces in woodgrain on furniture. I still can, but I know they're not literal demons (unless maybe the tree was possessed - can that happen? )

buddie

Post Number: 528
Posted on Thursday, May 25, 2006 - 9:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Waxy :-)
A face..Yes me too..in wood and anything with a pattern really..I used to sketch so it's probably our artistic eye.
I'm not worried about this.
It was different because when I looked at the wall pic it remained the same,just the screen
saver flipped upside down..and it did not register at first..I just went whats up with my angel..
looked back and forth a few times ,got the Willies then went TECHNO..
moved the mouse " Poof " gone and it was normal today..

Lab..Are Blue eyes dominant over Brown ?
as in blue,brown,hazel green..
Go Blue..UMM !! .Toronto Mapleleafs!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 6187
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, you know Brown is dominant!! However, I broke that mold, my hubby has brown eyes, but must carry a recessive blue, because three of my children have blue or dark grey eyes (baby eyes that never changes!!) and one has brown.

Weird.

But then, you knew that!!

One coffee/cocoa latte for me please, going to see 'Celestine Prophecy' the movie today!! Critics panned it, which means.... it's probably WONDERFUL!!