Archive through May 14, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through May 14, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

wookiecrisp
Username: wookiecrisp

Post Number: 33
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 2:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I find whenever I try to do something physical in my dream, not while lucid, I cannot do it. Punching is slow and weak, running turns into a walk, flying turns into endless attempts to jump, etc...

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2006 - 5:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a strange thing happen to me the night before last………

I was dreaming of random things when I suddenly find myself floating in a small square room. There was no furniture in the room with the exception of a large table without chairs. The room and everything in it was a dull gray color. There was a small device on the table which was red and white in color. It resembled a small thumb drive or Bluetooth adapter. I wanted to move in for a closer inspection of this item but found myself blocked by some unseen force. No matter how hard I tried, I could not break through going forward. After giving it some thought, I decide to try going over. I float up to the ceiling and I’m looking down at it when suddenly I start feeling this intense vibration in my head and hear a low strobbing hum (as best I can describe it). The gray room dissolves away and at this point I’m not sure if I was dreaming or experiencing what I will describe next. Along with the vibration and hum there is some vertigo as well but no nausea. I am aware of myself and my immediate surroundings but I can’t really focus on anything else in the room. Everything is hazy and the colors are slightly off. I feel like I’m floating just above the bed because I can’t feel it anymore. I try to sit up and look around the room but can only manage to get about half way up. It feels like something is pulling me back down. I strain harder and manage to sit for just a second before being snapped right back down. I close my eyes at this point, the images are confusing. The vibration, hum, and vertigo seem to intensify and I feel like I’m floating on an ocean, being rocked by the waves. I’m seeing nothing but darkness when an image of my wife’s face appears in my mind, she is seems frightened and is pulling me away, I can feel motion. I am now standing outside, it’s dark but then again it isn’t. There seems to be light coming from everything. I’m under a tree looking up through the branches. The leaves have a soft glow of rainbow colors. I jump into the air to take flight and I find it much more difficult than normal to fly. It’s hard at first but I push myself upward into the tree. Before long I’m through it and into the night sky. There is darkness again, I can’t see anything and I become aware that I have reached the end of my journey and open my eyes.

I felt this sensation (vibration, hum, vertigo) for the first time about a month ago. It startled me so much that I woke up rather quickly and began looking around the room for a source. I found nothing and went right back to sleep. This time however I decided to just lay there and see what happened.

slw
Username: slw

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 12:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting dreams!

Waxy, Man! I hope that wasn't a prophetic dream either. My daughter has had dreams similar to that of terrorists at malls. In any event, you need to be careful at McDonald's!

wookiecrisp, I've felt an overwhelming love in dreams before and miss it when I awaken. It's just all consuming and I'm not sure I've experienced it in real life, sigh!........You probably should make a note of that 9/24/06 date and see what happens!

wookiecrisp
Username: wookiecrisp

Post Number: 35
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 9:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

slw, I've already written down the date. Too bad when I dream that I've won the lottery I can't remember the numbers.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 1873
Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 9:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow Waxy .. funny in a way cos I had a couple of visits years ago from an Iranian fella..young man dark haired olive complexion. Granted this was before bombs n such became fashionable..lol.

umm.. if the setting was some a fast food outlet..perhaps the message has to do with a change of diet or some such.. just guessing.

treeknot
Username: mercedes

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 1:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy Tadpole your name reminds me of Horace Wadpole and he was the man who loved cats. It reminds me of a strange experience I once had.

I was laying on my side, relaxed and dozing peacefully into neverland, when my top leg stiffened and I turned into a cat?

I felt like a cat, like a cat would feel - when they're dozing and you spot their hind leg tense. My toes spontaneously stiffened and parted; my leg lightly and instantaneously shot out from the 'knee' down.

I heard those electrified voices snicker without tangible recognizable emotional cues -
Oooh, she's a cat.

I think I shivered a minute or two, then fell asleep.

treeknot

Post Number: 8
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 8:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamt I was happily flying around when I went into a room where the walls were all sided in tin. Someone came up and went on and on about the right way of doing things - when he was finished scolding me, I was told that I could come and go as I please, but if I didn't behave, I would be put in purdah!?!

treeknot

Post Number: 9
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 1:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

After that dream, I thought I'd better behave and not skip my dentist appointment even though it's the first sunny day in three.

Just as he started drilling for that first amalgamated mercury filling, Frank Sinatra crooned into hearing:

'Fly me to the moon
and let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
on Jupiter and Mars..'
inside joke

Only four or five more hilarious hours to go.

slw
Username: slw

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 12:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

treeknot, What is purdah? Is that like purgatory?

One time I dreamed that I was in the flower bed with my cat. I could feel his purring and it was like some type of electrical energy. I was either a cat or a very tiny human and I know I startled the cat.

treeknot

Post Number: 16
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 5:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think it means hidden.

BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE IN THE WOODS ANYMORE.

Stomps foot.

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 1335
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 6:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The noun purdah has 3 meanings:

Meaning #1: a state of social isolation
Synonym: solitude

Meaning #2: the Hindu or Moslem system of keeping women secluded
Synonym: sex segregation

Meaning #3: a screen used in India to separate women from men or strangers

Link

Thomas
Advanced Member
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 394
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Purdah." Powerful.

Has anyone else been dreaming "words" or "names" lately? For me it's happening every single night now, and for the past two weeks.
"Question what's real. Question who's real."

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12638
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

awhile back i awoke to hearing 'shasta'. i thought of the mountain.

last night i dreamed of prince charles. (ugh)

he was in a crowd then suddenly started to fade until he disappeared.

treeknot

Post Number: 22
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 10:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I do live in purdah, but it's for my own safety. I've written a letter to the chief of police, complaining about the slander and threat. To his credit, it was answered by an underling who, unfortunately, could barely diguise his sneering contempt. I must be very base - since everyone agrees.

Today, the fate's played a joke on me because - I've been thinking about purdah.

I went to get a prescription for a sick friend and the four personnel behind the counter all just stood there and blankly glanced my way. One even served a woman who came up behind me and left without serving me after the line-jumper.

Purdah popped into my head, as I stood there dressed like everyone else, understated classic chic on a budget, normal looking for all the world, but still politely and strangely ignored by the entire staff behind the counter??!

After two or three minutes I asked for the prescription, she said - yes they have it - But still didn't move - as though she were absent-mindedly answering a ghost. Finally, I cajoled one of them to the prescription bin and cash.

Lascivious tongues wag - fired by bitter lovers or abuser's or because of my wide berth of constitutionally-minded pedestrian habits.

Now my activities are more careful - safely tucked away: too easily lead by those who wish me harm and too little protected by those entrusted to it.

It is absolutely Sodom and Gomorrah out there; now my psycho-pomps take me everywhere. And, of course, spaceship orion's here. It's for their own good.

heh hee hee.

(Message edited by mercedes on April 28, 2006)

treeknot

Post Number: 23
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This morning I woke up with words imprinted on my mind, but I can't remember what they are.
Must have been writing poems in my sleep.

I was drawn to a tree I don't usually stop at this morning when I went out to put tobacco down. There under its' big trunk was a duffle bag, bit dusty but good quality. Must belong to a homeless person, I thought - knowing full well those are stashed in the bushes.

I didn't look in the bag- even though I felt the crows were waiting to see what I'd do. I brought the question to the three willows.

Stare too long into the faerie world, and they won't let you come back.

treeknot

Post Number: 24
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No small coincidence that the article I happened on at the dentist's was about a woman who found a way to grow up out of her bad habits.
lol,lol

Concede

treeknot

Post Number: 27
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 8:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now my two confidante's and I have lost telephone contact, and I am alone. Strange coincidence for uc jokster.

The fool through trials and the hopeful prayer that God will mediate my stumblings - so that I don't intentionally hurt anyone.

treeknot

Post Number: 28
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 9:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh there, now her phones working and she called!

treeknot

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 9:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Have you ever hovered on the edge of sleep, waking slowly to the face of a loved one watching over you.

All shall be well
And all shall be well
And all manner of things shall be well
St Julian on the nature of Divine Love.

Phoenix

But let's go to Memphis in the meantime, baby.

(Message edited by mercedes on April 30, 2006)

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1434
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 4:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

so back to dreaming. some time ago I related a dream and it had a fuzzy turquoise spider in it. keep that in mind....

I went to the book store to get stranger in a strange land at the suggestion of some one here on these boards and started to read it and its weird I like it so far. but while at the book store I was in the science fiction section and saw a book with that spider on the cover and I did not pick it up as I was after the one book. but now should I go back and get it and read it or should I just take the conformation in the picture of the book. I don’t even remember the title of the book. I think I was just too distracted. but it was just weird is all I know this will drive me nuts until I go get that book.

I don’t really read much science fiction. Just starting actually. so I never really ponder what was in the science fiction section. or even stop their at the book store. I like "how too" books and spiritual and metaphysical type books actually. and magazines of many types.

any way fish seems to be a new thing in my dreams. my old boss showed up in a dream and she had an aquarium with 2 gold fish, then I looked and they were 2 severum with orange spots, then I looked again they were 2 tiger Oscars. she had me put the top on the aquarium and it had mitered corners and got testy when I tried to put it on upside down. weird dream.

quigs
Username: astralgazer

Post Number: 1008
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a dream the other night that I thought I should share. I was in my old HS gym and I was watching a BB game. Well the game ended and we proceeded to file out of the gym. We had to walk down a couple of flights of stairs to get out and the stairs were switch backs. Like the streets in San Fransico. It was taking quite a while and true to my Aries nature I got impatient and ran ahead of everyone else.

Well I ran too far and I ended up in the basement. In the corner of the basement were two men one of them was huddled on the floor. He was obviously very sick. The man standing up told me not to come any closer because the other man had the plague. The man then told me that he was going to throw the sick man's body into a burning pit and that if I didn't want to watch I had better look away. He proceeded to throw the man's body into this pit and at that moment I was transported into his body. I could see through the sick gentleman's eyes. I saw myself falling into this pit of flames. It looked like hell. I glanced down at his arms and I could see the skin turn black and fall away. Then I was put back into my body.

The man then approached me and told me that the plague had started and that I had to go and warn people. He gave me this bucket of solution that I was to pour on the people walking out of the gym. He said it might slow the spread of the plague. I ran up the stairs and started yelling and pouring it over anybody I could find. That caused chaos and ppl began to run. Then the dream ended. I woke up feeling sick to my stomach. Not a good way to start the day.
'Via Crucis o Via Lucis'

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie

Post Number: 331
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 6:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't remember my dream at all,but for a
split second just before I woke up I had the distinct feeling of connecting with myself,
then when fully awake a question and the
answer popped into my head.
It was an insignificant little something
from work nothing I'd ever lose sleep over.
The answer was correct.Why oh why can't
that happen with the issues I do lose sleep
over?? Sheesh..

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2102
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 9:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Several days ago, I had a dream where I was standing in front of a small enclosure. It was open on my side, and I had dropped a small diamond in there, on the blankets on the floor of this little closet. I was looking for the diamond...I found a tiny orange bead but that wasn't it, when suddenly
down through a kind of metal chute/box hanging from the ceiling came several long arms and hands slithered into view.
The arms were long and skinny, greyish/green - the skin looked wrinkled and thin ... then as I watched, heads dropped down and looked at me. They were bald, with small, lifeless black eyes, more wrinkled grey skin on the faces: not human, not animal, these small creatures froze when they saw me looking straight at them.
"HELLO", I said, grinning a toothy smile (I SEE YOU!) -- and they quickly went back up the way they came.

DreamSource was telling me these things sense when something is lost, something that may be of value...and because you may value it even slightly, they want it for themselves.
Greedy for what a Human has that they don't (and can't get}.

Aliens. Going for the bait.

donnawa
Username: donnawa

Post Number: 2545
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 8:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

All night, I couldn't sleep at all. I had the creepiest experience at about 2 AM. It seemed as though instead of dreaming I was in this crazy trance.

I was looking at a newspaper centerfold. The pictures were dismal and there was a lot of editorialization. The George Washington Bridge had 2 additional bridges stacked on it, coming to a point on top, like a pagoda.

and there were animals at the very top, on a tilted surface. If it weren't for their being entangled in the bridge cables, they would have fallen miles and miles down to their deaths.

The vision was making me nauseous.

donnawa

Post Number: 2547
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I forgot to add the trance weather was gray with wind and rain.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9925
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 1:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Most of my last dream before awakening is already gone--it was mostly a mish-mash--but there was one element that I cannot forget, even though I'd like to. The Skeptic and I were at a fair and there were all sorts of displays and large pens of animals to look at.

We stopped to talk to the man in charge of the strangest transgenic animals I've ever seen--they were 4-legged and descended from pigs and humans. Their necks were too long and their faces were horrific--staring round eyes with no eyelashes, holes for noses and mouths that were stuck open--sort of like that painting "The Scream." Horrible to look at!

Their skins were pale and on their faces it kind of looked loose and formed folds around their features. But the worst thing by far was that they had the personality of friendly dogs--! They would run up to you and butt you with those awful heads, begging to be stroked and petted.

When I woke up, I had the feeling that this isn't the first time I've dreamt of them, but I don't think any of the other dreams got written down, unfortunately. My last view of the pen they were in was really upsetting--a truckload of asphalt had been dumped into it and it had hardened, burying all of them. Here and there I could see a cloven hoof sticking up, but they all appeared to be dead.

Awful dream! Why did I dream it?!
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

donnawa

Post Number: 2548
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 1:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat, the animals in my dream appeared to be dogs. But I couldn't see them clearly- they were too far away. They were on the highest buckled bridge road, tilting toward the ground.

My "dream" was awful too. It literally made me sick to see the newspaper's accounting of the incident. I was really there, reading it- all four pages of the centerfold- front and back.

ldyhawk369
Advanced Member
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 217
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 6:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Donna, could you remember anything else , like the cause of the bridges being stacked like that? Asking because I am going for a visit May 24-27 to my daughter on Long Island, have to cross the Throggsneck Bridge to get there. There was one report of a comet causing a 200 ft wave , was just wondering how true your dreams are? Do many come to be? Should I have them come up here ???

donnawa

Post Number: 2550
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 6:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi ldyhawk, I used to live on Long Island. When the bridge was first built, someone had asked my father "Where's the Throgg's Neck?" and he answered, "Two inches from his behind."

But seriously though, the Throggs Neck never scared me. It was the Triborough that always freaked me out and the nearby Hell's Gate Bridge.

Did you know that a short trip from the Masonic church in Tennessee, there are counterparts of those structures. The Batman building looks exactly like the Triborough Bridge top and a short distance away is a replica of NY's Hell's Gate.

I am just like you. I wish I knew what I was seeing too.

I'm going to search for more info about the comet. thanks for telling me what you know about that.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12801
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 3:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i just had a weird little 'vision'. not quite a dream. i laid down for a nap and in that twilight right before you doze off, i 'saw' explosions in a large city by the water. the weird thing is, bombs weren't landing there, they were taking off from the ground and going upward but leaving explosions. ??

have no idea.

Thomas

Post Number: 615
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 3:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's scary as hell, Susi. Do you have a history of accurate "visions" like this?

susi t learn

Post Number: 12802
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 4:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

once my ex, kids and i were driving to a restaurant on the beach. long, not much traveled road. i saw a blue pickup coing toward us. as it got closer, i could see it was in our lane, getting ready for a head on. i looked at my ex but he seemed oblivious. he wasn't doing anything so right before the truck hit us, i screamed and grabbed the wheel. well, there was no truck. my ex was pretty shaken. but-on the way home from dinner, a blue pickup was heading toward us. this time it was real and my ex laid on the horn and you could see the guy had fallen asleep and he yanked his head up and swerved off the road missing us.

that's the only time i 'saw' something.

at least that was real. i've seen spirit animals that usually give me a symbolic message.

but i 'hear' things in that twilight sleep. i heard 'honshu' before they had a big quake. it's been active since i heard it.

i tend to think it may be symbolic because i don't see how bombs could take off leaving behind explosions. it's backwards.

Damon

Post Number: 40
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had another dream about a disaster the other night.

I was dreaming about something that I don't remember when I suddenly find myself floating high above a massive dam. I say massive because that’s how it struck me. I have never seen a dam in person so it could have been just an average dam. Anyway I’m floating out over the edge looking far down below at the river. The dam is located between high canyon walls. The landscape around the dam resembled southern California, very dry with sparse plant life. In the blink of an eye I now find myself standing on the other side of the dam. I can see all the way down to the bottom of the lake behind the dam. The water was crystal clear to me. I look farther out in the lake beyond the dam wall and see a huge bolder coming at the dam. It’s not moving very fast but the earth is trembling beneath my feet, the bolder strikes the dam wall and it explodes through the other side. The trembling intensifies and the whole dam falls away beneath my feet. I turn and can see all that water now crashing its way down the canyon. My heart is racing and I’m breathing heavy when I awaken from the dream.

I found this kind of odd because of the dream I had a few months back where I was walking through an area that had been destroyed by an earthquake/flood.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12812
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 10:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon

sounds like lake mead and hoover dam in nevada.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12813
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon

google 'hoover dam' and see if that looks like your dream. it's between canyon walls.

brown

Post Number: 1907
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 11:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dam-on, an ability there to rise above any situation
or allowing you to be you not holding back so much.

just a guess ..lol.

Damon

Post Number: 41
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi,

Thanks for the analysis, I did Google Hoover dam and the dam itself looks a lot like what I saw. It was a curved dam just like that between to canyon walls but the rock color was different. The rock in my dream was more a tan color than the reddish color at Hoover.

brown,

Interesting analysis as well, I have been recently promoted at work and I am now free to implement some long overdue changes in our thought processes.......hmmmmmm

susi t learn

Post Number: 12873
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon

for what it's worth, i've been to hoover dam and the rocks are not as red as in the photos.

donnawa

Post Number: 2585
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 11:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've been there too, Susi.

Here's a slide show

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://mouser.org/gallery/albums/hoover/b elow_dam.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mouser.org/gallery/slideshow.php%3Fset_albumName%3 Dhoover&h=480&w=600&sz=65&tbnid=gkyt1hmYxo3zjM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=133&hl=en&start=7& prev=/images%3Fq%3Dhoover%2Bdam%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

(Message edited by donnawa on May 11, 2006)

John

Post Number: 1545
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 1:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

damon you could think of it like a metaphor, what are you holding back that is longing to flow naturally.

just a thought

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 893
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2006 - 6:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just had what I suppose could be called a quasi-lucid dream - while I didn't know I was dreaming, I *did* have a strong sense of control in my dream and played a scenario out exactly as I would have it if had been a pure lucid dream. Also, I was pretty much "conscious".

This dream was a sort of fantasy of what I might do if some Grays tried to get me, and how I'd surprise them with my immunity to their control (I was influenced by the Classic Trek ep "The Cage" and a chapter of the book "How To Defend Yourself Against Alien Abduction").

I visualised two standing next to my bed, grabbed my pocket knife, and lunged toward the area where I imagined one to be. I plunged the knife in the middle of it's chest, and it made a sort of piping squeal while I imagined the other looking over at it and me in shock and horror. Satisfied with my practice, I got up out of bed and walked toward the bedroom door.

I happened to glance out the door and down the hall, and saw a "real" Grey standing at the end of it watching me cautiously. I thought to myself, "Oh goodie, here's my chance". Still holding the knife, I march boldly toward the beastie with clear intentions in my mind, and it gets a doubtful look and runs away to try to hide. I corner it and grab it and drag it out for the fateful strike, when suddenly it turns into a small purple ragdoll roughly shaped like a Gray.

I figure it's just a sort of screen image to try to fool me. My old man pops up next to me and asks what I'm doing. I tell him, and he ridicules me because he also sees a rag doll. Undaunted, I set about knifing the doll to pieces, imagining the real Gray behind it shrieking...

Note that I am not even remotely a violent person in real-life. I suspect I was just symbolically striking out at my life problems.
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

John

Post Number: 1560
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream last night where I was at my brothers house and we were eating those new mnms only they tasted like Carmel not chocolate (thought that was funny since chocolate disagrees with me) anyway I could not get enough and I ate them all up. my brother tells me there are some more in the cabinets in the kitchen well when I open up the cabinets there were rows upon rows of mnms people staring at me waving. I turned to look at my brother and he had a sh--y grin on his face and I thought you know I was down yesterday and in the dream world he comforted me and made me laugh. just then the neighbors German shepherd started to bark and the images faded to nothing. and I was dead awake. it left me with a good feeling though and a renewed love and appreciation for my brother.

Thomas

Post Number: 730
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 1:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don’t wear a wig. But if I did, it would be “flipping” on top of my little head, right about now.

I woke up this morning at about 5:30 after having dreamed the strangest dream I can remember in a very long time. Maybe ever. And I have a sense that there is something very true about the meaining of this particular dream that relates to a number of discussions going on here, on this board right now.

In this dream, I was both “observer” and “participant”—and I got the clear impression that this “dual vantage point experience” wasn’t supposed to happen.

•In this dream, a “group of us” (my family, friends, and acquaintances) were all on a train together.
•During the course of the train ride, I became aware that we were all being observed.
•For some reason, this realization (the fact of the realization itself) caused the train and all the drama taking place on it—suddenly—to stop. As if “paused,” like you might pause a VCR.

Quite abruptly, I found myself sitting in a darkened theater.

The audience filled every seat, but I could not see any one of their faces. They were intently observing the “action” of the performance—and not only “watching,” but “participating in” the action of EACH OF THE CHARACTERS through each of their senses—and all at the same time, on multiple levels.

But there was a sense of frustration—because the “action” in the performance had suddenly stopped. As I noted the frustration in the audience, I looked at the “stage,” and I saw “my group” (my family, friends, and acquaintances), which were really actors in the now “paused” performance of the train ride.

The “action” that was being observed was MY LIFE! And I was looking back at “my life” now from the vantage point of an attendee at a public theater event.

As I say, there was a sense of frustration at the “action” having been paused, but there was also frustration at something (or someone) else. There was frustration at one of the attendees, the particular one (the "observer "me'") in this “participatory audience” who had made “me” (the "participatory 'me'" or the "actor version of me" on the screen) aware of being observed in the first place—a deed on "my" part (the "observer 'me'"), which had somehow stalled out the whole performance.

The performance on the screen continued to be “stalled” (or “paused”) for some time, as the frustration level continued to increase in the large roomful of these faceless, “participatory audience” members.

Suddenly, the action on the screen seemed to “fast forward”—and as it did, I noted that “my life” on the screen seemed to have a “fated” or “inevitable” quality to it, just like a movie might (or a train on tracks?), well… a movie in which an audience might “participate” through every sense, through every character, and on multiple levels all at once.

As the “fast forwarding” stopped, the “performance” resumed on the screen, and my point of view suddenly changed again. No longer was I sitting in this strange theater observing this “glitch” in the performance, I was back in the “movie” all over again, back on the train.

It was at this point that I woke up—physically—and took my dog outside.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9980
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

THAT is quite a dream, Thomas! Not sure I'd even be functional enough to type out a post after one like it I get the feeling that you got a peek behind the curtain last night. BTW, I used to access a strange tunnel system in dreams via a darkened movie theater....
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

Thomas

Post Number: 745
Posted on Saturday, May 13, 2006 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

quote:

THAT is quite a dream, Thomas! Not sure I'd even be functional enough to type out a post after one like it I get the feeling that you got a peek behind the curtain last night.

I appreciate you telling me that Patricia. The dream actually freaked me out a bit, and I haven't been able to get my mind off of it all day. When I got up this morning, I felt almost driven to put the whole thing down on paper and into words. Sort of to "objectify" it, I guess, so that I could see it for what it is.

quote:

BTW, I used to access a strange tunnel system in dreams via a darkened movie theater…

Really!? That sounds QUITE interesting. I'd be very interested to know where that tunnel system went, if you don't mind saying so…

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9982
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 12:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There are detailed accounts of them somewhere in this humongous thread, Thomas, but I've no idea where....the gist of the tunnel saga was that all of the dreams over the years began with me removing a secret panel in the wall of an old movie theater. I'd go down into a very familiar tunnel system with a finished floor, but mostly excavated dirt/rock walls--at least in the early ones. In later ones, the tunnels were more "finished-looking" and there were more people there. Some of them even had offices and small businesses down there.

If I conquered my fear and went clear to the end of the tunnel system, there was a room full of high-tech equipment--computers and screens, lots of blinking lights. And large tanks, like compressed gas tanks, sometimes. There were windows in the walls that looked out onto a large house that was completely landscaped, as if it was up on the surface. At that point, guards in black uniforms would come and escort me back to the tunnels. They wore helmets with black faceplates, like SWAT officers, and were heavily armed.

Usually I exit the same way I entered--through that movie theater with the rapt audience, who never seem to notice me. Haven't had one for a while, but I expect I will again, eventually. They've been happening now and then for a long, long time. Oh, and donnawa has had very similar ones--we've discussed them on a number of threads over the years.

Thomas

Post Number: 746
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 1:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh. My. GOD! [Thomas sounding a lot like "Higgins" from Magnum P.I.]

Now I'm getting a bit "creeped out." I was just discussing an "underground" locale (with another poster) where a minority but still a definite number of my encounter experiences actually took place. It too had a "finished floor" and a definitely "high tech" look, but the walls were most certainly composed of hewn black rock.

This is all so WEIRD… First of all, I never thought I'd really be talking about some of this stuff—even in the relative "safety" of a message board. But secondly, just hearing myself SAY some of this (or read myself WRITE it) still unsettles me somewhat; I've only talked about some of this with a VERY few people in my life.

My hands are actually trembling slightly, as I write this.

brown

Post Number: 1935
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 1:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

confirmation can sometimes be found in the detail so you note that.. Thomas.

Dream-nap.Then the phone rang
and now just fragments of detail.
One part was a genealogy discussion, another was a scene in an office
but the next part was vivid ..
standing outside large panelled doors with several people and we were for some reason not allowed to enter due to something taking place within.
Guess I'll have to wait and see if it was a glimpse of a future event.

Damon

Post Number: 42
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 8:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Very interesting Thomas, next time try to focus your attention on the audience and get a good look at them. Think about doing that in your conscience mind and it will help you in the dream world.

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 911
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If I ever learn how to lucid dream, I promise to take a stab at checking this out myself. No harm, right?
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263