Archive through June 20, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Out of Body Experiences » Archive through June 20, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

donnawa
Username: donnawa

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think when I'm really tired as I sit by my computer at night, I go out of body unconsciously. I am in other rooms and places. and then suddenly I am back with a jolt and looking at the screen.

I think we are more likely to be out of body than in it. Or maybe I am just weird.

dirkwright
Advanced Member
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 462
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 1:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OBE's feel like physically being there, and are sometimes confusing because of it. I've often tried light switches during OBE's and they don't work. If that is what you're experiencing donna, then you are indeed talented in this area. Try laying down and getting out of your body in the evening instead of sitting in front of the computer. Also, a key part of the experience is being able to look at your physical body during the OBE and being able to make conscious decisions just like in "normal" physical life. Hope this helps.

donnawa

Post Number: 1069
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 4:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm too chicken to purposely try to get out of my body. I don't think I've ever been awake enough to try light switches. I'm usually just sitting somewhere- like in another room in another state at another time.

One time I was out of body in the middle of the night and I looked at my body lying there and it looked like a monster to me.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 463
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 4:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe what you saw was one of your other bodies that Aztec has talked about.

Yeah, getting over fear is a toughie considering how we've been brainwashed by materialism here.

You can do it if you want to.

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 784
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
Hmmm...too many power strips? The electrical transformer outside of our room wakes us up daily to the sound of the 1812 Overature or popcorn popping. Maybe you really want a Mexico vacation and are floating down here. Over on the exercises in practical madness thread, it sounds like they all picked up on the fire we had here. This is an ancient power center for women. Boy have I had some strange dreams.

wender
Username: wender

Post Number: 1451
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i would imagine that being out of your body is really the same thing as lucid dreaming, just looking at the experience 'from the other side'
and vice versa.

donnawa

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 7:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've read that one type of OBE is one of those dreams where you THINK you've awakened. But everything is not quite right. The door is on other side of the room and so are the steps.

This was described as 180 degree vision while out of the body.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 465
Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 8:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Southern, I think it was more about me just worrying about electrical stuff too much. I have an older house with marginal electrical circuits.

yes Wendy, OBE's and lucid dreams are very similar. OBE's are when you remain conscious while you exit your body and then walk about the room. Your next thought while just out is usually "now what do I do?". Lucid dreams are where you wake up already someplace else. Bob Monroe said that virtually everyone has an OBE every night, they just experience it as a dream.

xretsim
Advanced Member
Username: xretsim

Post Number: 461
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 3:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i've posted previously about the time i was involuntarily taken out of my body by a hooded visitor.
it was the most amazing feeling, like nothing i'd ever felt before. crystal clear.. calm.. free of fear.. at peace.
i couldn't see my body or anything recognizable. i was a small sphere floating in a blue void.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 468
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 9:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night was just great! I was able to get out with ease. First, I just got out and walked around the house, which was decorated for Christmas, and there was a baby in a crib in the living room for some reason. Then I started to fade and found myself back in my body. Then I got out again, went over to my wife's bedroom and tried to get her interested in sex, which failed, as usual! Then I faded again and was back in my body. Then I got out again and just gave her a shoulder massage instead. I am extremely pleased!

xretism, sounds like you have a helper. Lucky you.

xretsim
Advanced Member

Post Number: 464
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 10:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

btw.. there was nothing sexual about my obe (the shock from hearing her voice almost killed me), though i have memories of visitor related sexual encounters.
i think my "obe" is a little dfferent from what i've read because it occured during an abduction, while i was awake. i think i was in an upright position with my arms down. the grey being seemed less than an inch away, and wearing a grey hood and cloak. eyes glowing pale blue. her voice booming in my ears. at one point there was a sound like a slow explosion and a funny smell i can't describe well.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 474
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I'm sure if you meditate on it long enough you'll either stimulate a new encounter or remember more about this one. Either way, it takes courage. This isn't for the faint of heart...

xretsim
Advanced Member

Post Number: 468
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 1:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks, dirkwright. i try sometimes, but i'm a total coward when it comes to this. definitely not for the faint of heart.. :-)

Southern Cross

Post Number: 786
Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 7:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
I`m sorry, but I have to say this. What is it with you about asking for sex? If my man cuddles up next to me I am ready in an instant. You can`t be doing anything wrong. We have to talk....

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 480
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 7:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Different women are different about being interested I suppose. I don't have a wealth of experience with different women, so I wouldn't know. My wife has CFS and other health problems, so that's probably most of it right there.

I suppose I'm just more open about talking about it than other men. I don't see them posting on this thread about their OBE's, so it may look odd that I frequently seek out sex during them, but other men may do the same. I know that Bob Monroe did that frequently, according to his books. Yeah, it's true what women say about us, we're just a bunch of perverts...

wender

Post Number: 1464
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 9:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, men are definitely wired different.

and all women are different. especially is your health is not that great, sometimes you are just looking mor for moral support and just plain old love,
maybe She feels like She can't perform...

why not try a sex counselor? seriously.!

wender

Post Number: 1465
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 9:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

this thread is about sex, isnt it?

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1148
Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 1:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The only account of Robert A. Monroe and astral sex that I recall, was the time he met an older female on the astral plane, wanted sex with her or felt attracted to her, she said good-naturedly, "Well, I haven't done that in a long time." And the act consisted of merging their energies (an intense sensation. Better than sex?)
- rather than, uh, meshing the flesh.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 486
Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 6:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, I recall him doing it fairly often early on, but yeah, I remember that event also.

No, I'm not obsessed with sex. I just mention it from time to time.

No new OBE's to report. Just very interesting dreams.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 489
Posted on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 8:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a nice energy experience last night. The CD player is not working very well, so I did it without the brainwave CD. No OBE though.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 493
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 - 8:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, to continue my little blog here....early this morning was really great. I learned a new trick, which is to move my astral hands in small circles with the palms facing when I'm on my side resting in bed. This movement generates incredible energy; it's like learning to masturbate for the first time!

I also remembered that I used to fly during OBE's by spreading my arms like a bird and basically "swim" through the air. I did that last night also for the first time in years. I'm still buzzing from the energy increase! Now I have to make sure I get to bed early enough to do this again!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 792
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 12:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, I know that swim - fly technique. Doesn't it feel great?

Here's a wierd experience from last week that could have been an OBE. While I was on vacation I got drunk. I think the bartender thought he was doing me a favor by making Bloody Mary's of mostly vodka. I got sick and my wonderful husband took care of me. I fell asleep and woke up in the early am and went to the bathroom. At this point I was no longer drunk. I got back into bed and next thing I knew I was OBE and listening to a group of "guides" grumbling and giving me a lecture about taking better care of my body. They complained about all the work it was going to take to undo the damage, and how tough it was to get a good human body and all, and, yes, there were other bodies, after all - wasn't I waiting in one of them, but it wasn't the same, tsk, tsk. I felt like a teenager who was getting chewed out for wrecking the family car. Money doesn't grow on trees, don't you know? This was one of the strangest things I have ever experienced. It changed me in some fundamental way. I have never been more attached to or careful of my body, yet at the same time I feel objective about it the way I feel about a treasured possession. It feels like the body is mine, but not ME. And at the same time I feel more aware of what feelings and sensations are going on in my body. This will no doubt change soon.

sayntbrigid
Username: sayntbrigid

Post Number: 90
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 12:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well Southern Cross,
that was an amazing event to try to visualize and hear, would make a great start to a journal I was thinking. Hope to hear more as events unfold. :-)
"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
- Albert Einstein-

dirkwright

Post Number: 510
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 6:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Southern, it looks to me like you advanced! bravo! At least you had some help and were aware that you were being helped. I agree that your body belongs to you but is not the real you. I believe we are unseen power, invisible energy, that actuates these bodies so that we can experience this dimension. I also believe that we became convinced that our bodies were the real us, then we became trapped here. It is also my belief that ET is helping us to remember that we are not in fact our bodies, but something else, and that this teaching is what is bothering so many people.

I had a lucid dream with some of the same people again last night. I don't know who they are, but at least it's a consistent experience, unlike my others. I remember talking about some kind of news source, and about explaining my new water filter to a woman. None of it seemed very important.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 796
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 2:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gee Dirk,
I don't know if I would call getting floor licking drunk advanced. I also don't think this feeling will last, but it sure is strange for now.

dirkwright

Post Number: 512
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 4:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As usual I was trying to give you a compliment, to try and spur you on to greater insight and enlightenment. Oh well, sorry.

Yeah, isn't that funny about the flying with the arms thing? I remember I used to do it all the time, but eventually forgot about it because I didn't share it with anyone. My wife doesn't really do OBE's that I can tell, but she's supportive just the same. I remember I do this thing to get elevated where I just take my right hand and put it on my tummy while I'm standing and up I go, just like Mickey Mouse in Fantasia! Then, to stay aloft, I spread my arms out with the palms down. I think it took me a while to figure this out over 10 years ago.

I really need to find a supportive group about this stuff though. The people on this board seem to be obsessed with aliens as an evil nemisis, or at best an annoyance. The aliens aren't really my focus anyway, they just showed up as part of my desire for spiritual advancement. I wonder if there are message boards about OBE's that aren't filled with trolls? Or maybe just ones about spiritual advancement? I don't know where to look...

Southern Cross

Post Number: 798
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 5:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the compliment, Dirk. I was kidding back. Don't get discouraged with people who feel differently than you do. I get my best insights from them. Look, there are likely aliens around who are playing the evil part in the creation drama. Surely the creator had more imagination than to limit it to the boring humans, don't you think? And I think that there are demons, although I believe that God planned for them too. I consider that if I find one or two people who are patient enough to put up with my ranting and explore my craziness I'm much better off than before. Considering the difficulty involved with the written word leaving subtle tone and other things, I'm surprised that we all communicate as well as we do.

When I fly I need to catch a wind current to go up. I'll try the hand thing. I do feel like the Mickey Mouse character sometimes.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 800
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 8:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
Also, do you think that this higher energy that is the "real" us, could be functioning on multiple dimensions in multiple bodies at the same time? That's the feeling that I got while this was going on. I guess I just never thought of the helper entities as being "aliens". I grew up in New England. If you weren't local back many generations, you were "from away." I always just put the helper or other entities into the "from away" category. I guess when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Eayup!

dirkwright

Post Number: 517
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 9:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream several nights ago about multiple bodies superimposed on my physical body. There were something like 6 or 7 of them. Aztec has spoke of this. I don't have any direct experience of multiple bodies during OBE's, except for one time when I came back to my body, and it rolled over and smiled at me! so strange. I know that Bob Monroe spoke of having at least 3 of them.

Actually, I think we are just points of light, or small balls of energy, and we take on different forms to experience different realities. I think we got stuck in this one though.

I think that demons are creations of our own, and others, minds as a result of not being responsible for our imaginations and visualizations. I think they only exist on astral planes though. I sure hope there are entities willing to clean up after us by removing them, sort of like getting our diapers changed.

I don't have a problem so much with people that have a different point of view as I have with people that refuse to grow up and just play games and make fun of me, but of course I know that this is my issue and has very little to do with them. In other words, the people that bother you are merely reflecting something about yourself that needs healing.

I don't find that you rant at all Southern, you're very calm and composed compared to some others here.

The goal as I see it is to fully express our energetic selves in the physical reality; to literally glow with the love of God. That's why I focus on increasing my energy flow and not so much on developing psychic talents or worrying about invading aliens that want to abuse us and take our children. The only thing that matters here is the wisdom you gain from your experience because that is the only thing that you can take with you when you die. That's why I talk about taking responsibility for one's experience, because therein lies wisdom. It's better to watch the movie of your life now then have the ET's show it to you after you die. I find it extremely embarrassing to watch my own, even from a few years ago. I just cringe in embarrassment. If you're not embarrassed by what you did, then you haven't grown, so the embarrassment is a good sign, as difficult as that sounds.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 808
Posted on Friday, May 27, 2005 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I agree, Dirk. A lot of what you just wrote shows wisdom. I don't like to stress taking responsibility for one's experiences too much to heart because I tend to blame myself to the point of my detriment. I go too far the other way to be wise. I think there is probably an objective way to look at all of our behavior and give ourselves the same kind of compassion that Whitley has written about in "The Path" and "The Key," which are very connected in their underlying theories about ascention.

I don't mind so much if people here make fun of me. There are fewer here making fun of me than there would be if I were talking about some of my over the top ideas in the mainstream would. If I took myself too seriously, I would be checking into "Happy Acres."

dirkwright

Post Number: 523
Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 7:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah, the point I don't seem to be able to get across is that we have to be responsible for the role we played in whatever events occur in our lives, be them alien abductions or lunch at Burger King. People seem to immediately flip to the idea that I am saying that they need to take responsibility for the entire event, which isn't what I'm saying but I suppose on second thought is probably the eventual goal. Acknowledging that we all play a role in whatever transpires is an empowering position in my experience, and makes us realize that we are not hapless victims but co-architects of these events. We used to see people begin to take responsibility for thier role in the abuse they suffered during rebirthing sessions. This is not the same as blaming the victim for the fact that the event occurred in the first place. I'm not doing that. I haven't suffered extreme abuse in this life yet, so I don't really know what it was like for some abductees here.

No new OBE's to report, sorry.

sayntbrigid
Intermediate Member
Username: sayntbrigid

Post Number: 122
Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 7:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think co-architect is an excellent descriptor.
To see ones self as either a victim or a king is a dangerous condition IMMHO
"Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"
- Albert Einstein-

dirkwright

Post Number: 525
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 7:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks. I think that the focus should be something like "what did I do or say in the past that put me in this situation?" or "why am I so afraid of them?", etc. Of course, I don't really have enough experience with them to draw any authoritative conclusions myself, but I'm drawing on my experience as a rebirther and as an adult child of an alcoholic and trying to apply it to the visitor experience.

I forgot to acknowledge your compliment, Southern Cross. Thanks for considering my postings here as containing at least something useful. I think I have a strong need to feel useful, which I think is part of the reason I hang out here.

I have no new OBE's to report, but yesterday I was working really hard outside and after a while I got a headache. I took some pain pills and kept working, but by the late afternoon I was in extreme pain. I sat down on the garden lounge chaise and tried to relax in the shade and sipped some water. I closed my eyes, and normally I see swirls of blue/white energy on a black background, and sometimes the energy will form into an image of an ET with the large oval eyes. Well, I saw that image and briefly talking to it, calling it something like "master". I think I may have said something like "yes master, what would you have me do?", which I found surprising actually, since I don't think of them as being people that I worship. I don't believe in worship at all, so this was strange.

I was talking with a woman last night telepathically, something like: me:"you said you'd be really sad if you left me", then her:"I never said that", then me:"well, I know I would be sad if you left". I haven't clue right now who this was.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 821
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 2:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
I have a thought about the situations where we respond to an alien like you did when you called it "master." Pershaps this is meant to show us that we are controlled like puppets to a certain extent by them? There was a link to a story on a thread here where a praying mantis type alien asked a man "Now do you understand?" and the man said, "Yes." but he didn't understand. When I read it a thought popped into my head of talking to a puppet and making it answer. I don't know about any of this from personal experience, and the aliens could be dishonest. Just a thought to ponder.

dirkwright

Post Number: 530
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 6:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Southern. I checked again today about what I see with my eyes closed, and, while this is nothing new, I've never really talked about it before. It's difficult to describe with words, but I will try. Imagine rings of fuzzy looking white energy that start out large then smoothly become small, as if you were looking down a tunnel and the energy was flowing down it. The rings are continuously renewed, and move at a fairly slow pace not connected to my heart rate or any other bodily function that I can fathom. There will be a ring, then it will move smaller, as if it were moving farther away, then a space, then anothe ring will form, etc. So, in this movement of energy I will occasionally see small white points of light that appear to be independent. They will appear, then disappear, leaving a black negative retina image. Finally, in addition to all of this, I have noticed that I will often see the faces of aliens outlined in this white fuzzy energy. There will be different types, with differnt sized eyes, etc. but always just the white fuzzy energy and a black background. There isn't any color, or much detail. It's as if I were looking at them through a fog of white mist sometimes. I hope this helps explain what I'm seeing. I don't know what this means, if anything. I'm not afraid of the images, nor do I have a desire to worship them. They don't seem too interested in making contact with me, but do appear to be "checking in". I only see their faces, or a head and shoulders view, nothing more.

Today I moved almost 2,000 lbs of soil. Yesterday I moved about 1,200 lbs. I had a large planter that I had to fill up. I also built a 16 ft long wall out of interlocking concrete blocks. I'm tired....I'm going to watch the Simpsons now....

Southern Cross

Post Number: 827
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 9:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
I sometimes see that ringed dark and light tunnel, or sometimes the beginning of the pattern. It seems to signal an energy or consciousness shift. I usually see that one when I am focusing on the solar plexus doing "The Path" work.

Sounds like you had a busy day of landscaping. I bet the garden will be beautiful when you are done. Strange question. What color is your house? Is it a one floor or two? trying to see if a dream was correct. I saw dark paint or stain and two stories. It was completely different from what I had in my mind's eye when you had talked about the house and landscaping before.

dirkwright

Post Number: 531
Posted on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 8:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Southern, you dreamed of a different house. Mine is a red brick 60's vintage ranch style house. It's a basic rectangle floorplan. The lot is 1 acre with many large oak trees on it. Hope this helps.

I'm grateful that you have experienced a similar visual thing as me. I was concerned that my experience was so unique that would not be able to share it.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 832
Posted on Monday, May 30, 2005 - 9:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Dirk. Sounds like the dream was wrong and the mind's eye mental pictures of you landscaping were closer. I had pictured lots of mature leafy trees.

I first experienced the black/white tunnel thing as a child when I was put under to have a broken wrist set. In those days it too forever to pass out. I hated the vibrations and the tunnel at that time. As a small child I also used to dream that I was on one side of such a tunnel and my Mom was on the other side. I knew I had to go through to get to her, but I was afraid. Mom always won out, though.

xretsim
Advanced Member

Post Number: 491
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 7:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

>I think that demons are creations of our own, and
>others, minds as a result of not being responsible
>for our imaginations and visualizations.

i'm sure some of "them" are, but not all.
they have been taking me since i was 3 years old, and i wasn't into meditation back then. in fact, i do not meditate.
none of my close relatives with whom i grew up doubt that these beings exist. that they are physically real and not something i created. if you lived in my house, you wouldn't doubt it either.

dirkwright

Post Number: 537
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 8:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I can only speak from my own experience, so what I say is not all encompassing. I have no experience of what you speak, but I have no doubt that your experience was real for you.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 837
Posted on Tuesday, May 31, 2005 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Xretsim,
I'm not sure I understand. Are you being visited by demons? I'm not sure that I think any of this is our imagination.

xretsim
Advanced Member

Post Number: 492
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 5:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it depends on what you mean by "demon". i think they are some type of being. i've touched them, they are solid.
my obe was not a self-induced mental trip. i was awake when it happened.
dirkwright seems to be discussing mental trips/fantasies. that's fine with me. i just want to point out that obe's belong in the realm of particle physics, and not just the human mind.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 842
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 6:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Xretsim,
For the most part we are discussing OBE's. Since some of us can't tell for sure whether an experience is an OBE or a lucid dream, we may have some cross over. I have also experienced having an PBE and dreaming at the same time. The two can mix together somewhat when the conscious mind attempts to integrate the two simultaneous experiences into "memory." Hope that made sense, but it's 3:30 in the morning here.

dirkwright

Post Number: 540
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2005 - 8:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am not discussing mental trips and/or fantasies. When you are wide awake, and you see your body lying there in bed snoring away, then you know that you are no longer in your body. When you make conscious decisions while you are in this state is proof that you are having an OBE. I don't care about any science that may be associated with OBE's. I'm only interested in more enlightenment.

This morning, I had a lucid dream where I was in the same house where I grew up, in the same bedroom, and I was practicing PK. I was pointing at an object on the ceiling and telling it to move, which it then did, but I didn't have good control and it eventually fell on my head. I've never practiced PK before, so this is new for me.

I think that it is very common to confuse OBE's with ordinary waking states. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten up, and either went to take a shower or got dressed for work, and then realized that I was out of my body and had to go back to it. On numerous occasions I have gotten up and tried to flip on the light switch and nothing happens, and at least once I went into the basement to check the circuit breaker before realizing that I was out of my body.

OBE's are common, they happen all the time. Many people merely remember them as dreams. The rules are different in these different realities, that's why our dreams seem so strange sometimes.

xretsim
Advanced Member

Post Number: 493
Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 5:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i'm fascinated with this subject, but my only real reference is the experience with the hooded being.
it was a life changing experience. like being born again.
for years, i firmly believed i had died and come back to life. i felt that the being could have done worse things to me than kill me, but that was not it's intention.
thank's for your answers, southern cross and dirkwright. i am reading with great interest.

dirkwright

Post Number: 551
Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 6:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had an interesting experience last night. We went to a raw foods pot luck dinner yesterday afternoon, and after we got home and went to bed, I had a strange experience around midnight or so. If anyone has seen Elizabeth Clare Prophet live, you've heard her "menimenimenime" rapid chanting she does before a session. Well, I was doing that in a kind of OBE/lucid dream. It was really strange. I could feel myself dissociate from my body while chanting, and then I felt like I was floating up against another person, but I didn't like what was going on, so I pulled out of it. I also heard many different kinds of voices from people with really big egos. They were saying things like "the greatest (something) in the world" etc. Then there was a "can we talk?", which I also refused to respond to. It all seems related to the particular people that were at the pot luck. They were virtually all African-American and belonged to some kind of church called the "Soul Factory". I have no idea whether or not any of them are involved with Elizabeth.

Then, during my listening session around 5:30 this morning, I found myself walking in the woods and I heard a voice tell me to "feel my anger", so I picked up a couple of stones and gripped them hard, and I felt this rage welling up from within me that I had no idea was there. Great. More crap to deal with....at least I'm being helped and supported.

dirkwright

Post Number: 596
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 7:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I finally had another "energy orgasm" experience, except this one was more controlled. After my listening session at 3 am, I rolled on my side as usual and focused on increasing my energy flow. I focused on my crown chakra and it started to get energized, but still I could get into the "zone". I kept flipping up and down around it. Then I realized I needed to turn my eyes upward and that's when a gentle flow started. The waves of energy flowed from my head down to my feet like the waves of a lake of water. They followed my breathing, with the inhale making the wave go up, then peaking, then the exhale leading down to the trough, then repeat with the next breath. It was shear delight! I kept it up for a long time, I don't know how many minutes, but it seemed a long time. Then I was finished and went to roll on my other side, when I had a brief OBE. My astral hands apparently get "glued" together during these sessions, so I had to force them apart, and there was that gray ET doll again, which was strange. Anyway, I quickly got back into my body and tried to relax to fall back asleep. I then had a lucid dream about being at a clinic.

The place was all white like doctors office, and everyone was happy, as well as happy to see me, and I was lead in through a couple of rooms to an area with lots of medical equipment. One room I walked through had some kind of gray squishy material on the floor, with small plants growing out of it and a purple liquid of some kind. I probably wasn't supposed to walk on it. The owner was to going to exam me, and he was quite wealthy, judging from all of the display cases in the rooms with expensive looking items in them. There were many fine hand crafts, and some child went to slam one of the doors of one of the cases closed, which lead me to check out that case to see if anything was damaged. The child had apparenly damaged some other item in another case. There were other people there too, including other patients and nurses. I walked around to where he was going to examine me, and first off he was going to take my picture, so I had to take off my sunglasses and I think my coat or jacket. He went to operate a machine that controlled the camera, and I could see the image on another machine. I started to laugh because he was operating the wrong camera. The one he was operating was pointed at an Asian lady, with black hair, and I joked that I was impressed that I suddenly had no more gray hair! We all laughed, and then he got the proper camera operating. The thing took forever it seemed to zoom, it was really slow at zooming in on me. The last comment I remember him making is something about having me interact with a machine that "would really open you up". Then I woke up.

dirkwright

Post Number: 615
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 7:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another night where I got into my energy state. I'm getting better control during the experience. I hope this leads somewhere interesting.

nadm
Intermediate Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 1:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"obe's belong to the realm of particle physics, and not just the human mind."

xretsim-

seems to me the human mind is, at least along one dimension, within that very realm of particle physics. not something apart from it. in fact, the little i understand of quantum physics is right in line with dirkwright's descriptions of energy consciousness. "particle physics," by its own definitions, could just as well be termed "wave physics" or "energy physics." that is part of the point of the newer physics, that the wave = the particle = energy manifest.

or were you referring, when you used the term "mind," to something you believe cannot be described by any worldly science? i'm afraid that horse left the barn when they succeeded in experimentally proving that a packet of information (e.g. light, or energy) can truly exist simultaneously in two places at once, which experiment is even now being replicated.

xretsim

Post Number: 515
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 9:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i think we are on the same wavelength here.