Archive through May 10, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through May 10, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1486
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 2:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here is my monarch inspired angel. Took time for something so simple. Guess it was not so simple……

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/johnalbert1111/angel2.jpg

here is me, do ya know me? Ooo and I have lost weight since this picture. Looking lean these days

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/johnalbert1111/me.jpg

John

Post Number: 1487
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 2:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

waxy that is just lovely!!!!!!!

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5923
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Very beautiful, like the one with blue hair, alot. She's "very familiar." The Monarch is more masculine, sort of like Michael the Archangel, ready to do battle with his golden armor. Very nice, Waxy.

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie

Post Number: 348
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 4:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal, a carmel ice-cap to go ..thanks

Lab ..congradulations..wicked !! :-)

Waxy I love the colors your using
for your angles..very soothing..
I love the blurred soft edges too..

John..for real..HUGS...I lost the
good system in the shuffle..I can't
download anything let alone pictures..

I'm on day 10 of the da vinci quest..
Day 11 has another Chess challenge ??
Can't go there today..I started using
the google clues at day 5 for the
questions..
but I love the challenges..

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 855
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 6:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think this has become the new "monster thread".
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 355
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 6:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brig..

Hopefully not..it's SAL'S and SAFE..
Monster thread ?? dunno what that is ??

John..never seen him in real life..Hugs!
Lab..plays the da vinci game..
way better than me but I enjoy it !!

Just comments is all :-)

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 357
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 7:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gee ?? nobody's here..
Slips on Donnie Darko..
Followed by The Grifters..

Ummmm!Popcorn,Brownie Delight Sunday..
vibrating message slippers..tee-heee!
and my Teddy..
Lazy Saturday at Sal's.. :-)

moonhowler
Advanced Member
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 486
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 5:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's very early AM on Sunday now. I need something to eat. Yesterday somebody 'hacked' my computer. It was behaving badly, so I went to shut down and come back on. That usually fixes things. But when I went to shut down, a little screen popped up saying "Someone else is using this computer. If you shut down, they may lose all their data." HUH??? Nobody here but me uses the computer, and I'm not on an intra-net. So I just shut down. Hope they LOST all their data - MY DATA !!!!

Susi t - about your post way back..... I hope you are my friend, but you may not pick my nose!

John - I don't know how to cut and paste. Please don't everybody fall over laughing. That's probably the first thing they teach people. But I had to learn the computer all by myself, by the seat of my pants. Went to work one day and my doc had replaced my typewriter with a computer. Not one lesson did I get. I almost had a heart attack on the spot. You guys do all this neat stuff & I can't even cut and paste.

Will be happy to exchange info, John. Tell me how you want to do it.

The sun will be up in about an hour, so I'd better close. Got another email site to clear - my "research" site. The neighbor's burglar alarm just went off, but I can't see anything. Hope it was a false alarm. Hubby is snoring zzzz's and Prince Dogger-dogger is in the laundry room on his pillow. I is all by myself. Spooky.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.
... Irish Proverb

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12816
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 8:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moon

you and i can start a club...the 'i.c.c.& p.' society. (i can't cut and paste either)

and i don't think you have to worry about me ever picking your, uh...nose.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5933
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You think that's bad, when I'm in my photo suite program, I cannot figure out how to draw around the photo, and keep the parts I want, when I cut, the photo disappears and the "outside" parts stay. Very frustrating. Kids have shown me numerous times how to do this function, still mess it up.

So, I guess I can't cut and paste either.

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 877
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Moon, not only can I cut, copy and paste, but I memorized the usual Windows shortcut-keys for the latter two long ago (though some software alters this) - Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

Anyway, what you do is (again usually) highlight what you want with your cursor by clicking and dragging over it. Then you can select cut or copy from the menu (right-click to get a popup menu, if you're lucky). Then head on over to wherever you want to paste and select "paste"... Hope that made sense...

L.A.B., if what you use is like PSP, there should (knock on wood) be an "invert selection" option. I use it probably more often than I blink!

I should also mention that I've always had a great knack for self-teaching software, and I've found stubborn sifting through the help menus is indispensable for the process, as well as fearless experimentation (all good software has an 'undo' feature, plus the first habit you hopefully learned when discovering the wonderful world of computing is "save often"!!! Even I have neglected that last, at times to my regret.)
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 878
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 11:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As surely as day follows night, if you are working on something very important or time-sensitive or labor-intensive, and you haven't saved it in awhile if at all, your PC will decide it's bored and either spontaneously reboot or just flat out die... or there'll be a power failure...
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 359
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy funny you mention the Cont c,v,x functions.
I got them Friday from your #2 fan ,a little 20 something at the office.She gets very excited when I tell her I have a new Waxy pic..lol

Her next task will be to demonstrate for me.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 886
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 12:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"A little 20 something"? Cute? Single?

In the aforementioned Waxy-as-wallpaper-provider job, I was also the informal tech-services guy for my group. They'd always be coming to me with questions about software how-to's, display settings, etc.

(Message edited by waxtadpole on May 07, 2006)

Brighid

Post Number: 856
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*chuckles as she grabs her espresso from the counter*

I'm self-taught too. Waxy's right, fearless experimentation is the key! I just decided one day I wanted a computer, and the first game I got was Sims. I began by studying herbalism on the computer (researching indigenous herbs) and just surfing the web (which was how I found here back then) and then I found Blossom who introduced me to IMs... between her and my "computer dude" back then (who came out and rescued me often! LOL) I got to the point where now I can learn (if I put myself to it) basic HTML (I can do some) and if I were really energetic I could probably learn C# as well. All this from a person who has no left-brain functioning what so ever! So if I can do it, I have total faith that you guys can!

*Goes back to her corner to nurse her morning-headache with espresso and ibuprophen*
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2109
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brighid,
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/

Brighid

Post Number: 858
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OOOO Mark! *giggles* You're my hero! Thanks!

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5936
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 1:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry Waxy, it's not photoshoppe (still running WIN98SE) so don't have all the fancy bells and whistles, it's just a program that came with my very "cheap" digital camera. My daughter does fancy stuff with it, I just do fill-ins of color.

Buddie: I am very sure I am the world's slowest puzzle solver they've ever had on a game. But I've done 21 of the little blighters out of 24. Have no chance at all of being one of 10,000 winners, but I'm still plugging away. Three more days and then poof. I'm sure they will not ask me to play the 'ultimate' puzzle, because I am so SLOOOOOWWWWW.

(Message edited by Leathab on May 07, 2006)

Brighid

Post Number: 860
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 1:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB: You did better than me! I got bored and quit! LOL Good luck!

--From Harley

John

Post Number: 1498
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 1:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

first you open a word document

then you hilight the words you want to move to another spot. you put the curser just befor the words you want to move and left click the mouse button. holding the mouse button down you move the mouse to the right or down untill you hilight all the words you want. and release the mouse button. then you right click the mouse button and a little menue comes up and you select coppy and then you pull up your word document and right click again and you select past. then you have what you need and you can repeat that in e male or any thing you want like google search.

dont worry either, I have went to the hard knocks school of computers. trial and error. and every year there is something new to learn.

youll be ok

John

Post Number: 1500
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 2:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moon howler see me in PSTD in this section

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 361
Posted on Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 4:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well I worked up to day 13 this morning and
found myself talking to the screen.Those Dang symbols won't listen today..
I'll persevere ,takes my mind off "stuff" ..

Waxy yes she is ..also intelligent,
and funny, a real sweetheart..

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 887
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 1:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie - WAH!!! Waxy wishes he wuz a Canucksy!

Okay, I seem to have a knack for these - I again felt myself moved to do an "angel" pic (it feels almost like a kind of self-exorcism, finally aggressively pursuing the "light" side of my inspiration).

I called this one Uriel (randomly, I know nothing of angelology except what I read on a website one night and promptly forgot) - http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Uriel.jpg

My Mom likes butterflies, so this figure with it's evocative structure should work well as a source for the Mom's Day card I promised (she knows I'm better than any mere commercial card artist )

moonhowler
Advanced Member

Post Number: 489
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 2:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good work, Waxy.

Thanks, guys, for your help re cut & paste. I thought I was a real dummy because I have lots of "copy" in my browser, but never found a way to "paste".

See you in PTSD, John.
*orders some French toast with decaf coffee*
... Irish Proverb

John

Post Number: 1507
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 3:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you got it

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 363
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 3:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AHH..Waxy bless her little "gingham" wings..

JEEPERS..hears Loud "Cat-crash" noise from bedroom!! here kitty.... :-)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5946
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy, can you do a "kitty" angel?? (Pours the 4-bean, and lurches toward the donut tray.) Let me see, sugar high, yum. (Maple today.) Hubby goes to gastro-doc today, then heart doc tomorrow to chart his progress. He hasn't had an "attack" of either, since he came home, cross your fingers!! He is having a titch of difficulty with memory, (short-term) so wonder if he might have blown a fuse up top too??

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 365
Posted on Monday, May 08, 2006 - 1:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab..Hope Hubbie gets a A+ from Doc.
and that he didn't blow a fuse up top..

I feel bad laughing but your just Too Funny!!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5962
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 2:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Does anyone else get the "creeps" with the new "Burger King" "I am Man" ads. Pushing their big-heart stopping junk meal??? (Begs Sal for one!!)

John

Post Number: 1519
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i think its funny but now that you mention it is is kinda creepy. like back sliding to 30 years ago.

seems to be a macho retaliation reaction to sensitivity in males.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5963
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 4:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One more "code" to go, then it's done. Probably won't be one of the "finishers" but it's been fun wracking my poor brain cells.

Took hubby to his two Drs. these last two days, he can now drive, lift weights a bit to get back in shape. He's doing very well. (Wonder about myself on occasion, but on we roll.) Does anyone know when he'll stop talking about pills, diagnosises, Drs. etc.?? How long before it's "routine" again?? (Pours a large latte and wolfs a sprinkles and cream donut.)

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9945
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 5:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Love the angel pics, Waxy--I needed something positive today. Hopelessly behind on this thread, but I don't have enough time to catch up right now--painting, painting, painting.

L. A. B., I hope for your sake that he gets out of his medical preoccupation soon--I know what you mean. When The Skeptic's Dad was dying of pancreatic cancer, I learned more medical terms than I ever wanted to and I'd long for the days when our conversations were about routine stuff. But I'm so glad to hear that he's now in recovery mode!

I need an eye-opener, John--how about an iced triple mocha that will keep me awake through class tonight? And maybe one of those donuts, too--a raised potato donut with lots of sugar glaze--love them virtual baked goodies
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 372
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 5:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal ..
I'll have the BBQ ribs,Homefries & slaw please.

I thought it went until May 21st??
I'm knackered then !!

Lab..maybe hubby likes the undivided attention
he's been getting. Tell him your going for
a hot rock message!! he's on his own..:-)

"Mocho Retail-iation Reaction".... Burger King !

Someone STOP ME !!!

(Message edited by buddie on May 09, 2006)

John

Post Number: 1520
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

guess no one liked my monarch angel. OH well....... I’m starting a series of my visitors have 3 done now going to start a thread and invite any one with any drawings to take part and post them.

vr donuts rock.

that reminds me of this thing I do when I am broke ill eat toast and jam and imagine its an exquisite pastry.

does any on know what happened to dirk write. he has not posted in some time.

anyway

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9947
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 6:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, actually I ***DO*** like your beautiful angel--it's abstract enough that it didn't freak me, too!--but as I said in my last post: I'm *WAY* behind on this thread and had to go back a ton of posts to even find your post about it with the link. The time crunch won't end until June when the show's behind me and I cannot WAIT!!! I've lost touch with most of the threads I was participating in here and haven't read many new ones, so please--don't anybody think I'm being snotty if I'm missing in action. I'm just stressed and busier than I've been in the dozen years since my last art show

Jeepers, you're right about Dirk--I haven't seen him posting either, but thought it was just my more limited time here...I hope he's OK--he's one of the nicest people here and a board mainstay.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

susi t learn

Post Number: 12851
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 6:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lab

glad to hear the hubby's doing better. :-)

i HATE the burger king dude. creeps me out. plus it's stoopid!

i thought i saw a post from dirk elsewhere...i think his profile on the user list will show his last post.

i'm stranded today and tomorrow. my pony (jeep) is at my friends geting fixed. the air broke. can't have that in arizona. and bearings in the rear end. he's one of our elder men who's retired but still keeps his garage and works on everyone's vehicle. he's a sweetie, fair and takes payments. :-)

if the kid had an emergency i can call a friend, it's just that feeling of 'oh! no car!'

i'll have water with lemon and a huge salad. feel like eating healthy. had a heavy meal 2 nights in a row. i'm a blob, i tell you!

John

Post Number: 1522
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 7:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

re burger king ad;

i would LOVE to see a rebuttle song from hellen ready. is she still liveing or anything i wonder.

you know it was time that they made that song a target. it was an anthem for so long and really kind of propeled women of all types into the next few decads. they had to be sole providers and breadwinners and do it all on top of that. it was a good song at the time. you can still hear it played at the gay clubs they recognized its beauty too.

I am certain that BK will have a back lash of some sort.

gosh darn those smarty pants ad guys.

just emotional lately dont know whats up with it so i really was not angery with any one or upset about the art not getting recognised.

the thing is that the X is working up to getting back together and i just dont want too. i am not the one that walked away and i dont want to go back to where we were. cant say that the feeling are not there for they still are but i just cant do it again and frankly i dont even forsee any thing with any one in the near or far off future though i think about it and would like one day to meet some one but i have fear that it will be bad or will turn sour again.

i am working on being his friend and that is all i can do. the funny thing is that he is learning just what it was that i did for him as he keeps calling me about things or how to make dishes or if i would paint his bathroom or if i would take the dogs or if i want to help him with his wedding planer stuff.

a friend of my mothers one time handed her ex huspand a bill listing every thing she did for him in the past they were maried for 20 years + it ended up being around 2 million dollars. she found out what survices were charged for and added them up she even asked a hooker how much she charged and added that too. lol but i digress just complaineing i guess/

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5965
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 8:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, it does, I'll just be done "early." Keep on solving!!

I like your angel John, reminds me of "Isis" with her horns and moon.

If you are uncomfortable at all with "X", don't go back. It's not worth all the suffering all over again??!!

(Message edited by Leathab on May 09, 2006)

susi t learn

Post Number: 12852
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 8:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john

all you can do is follow your heart...it never lies.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 375
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 8:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John..Hi friend..I loved your angel honestly
but I couldn't see his hands and I thought
you were doing a joke.It looks like they are
someplace they should not be..
But I checked it out at approx.4 am so maybe
missed something.
I really like the print except where is his
hands??

Please take your time John,I'm being pressured
also.This is where I'll see if he has a Mask.
I'm in no rush to change my lifestyle,I like
being back in control and will never allow
this to happen to me again..
Like you I do not miss a full time relationship.
Geeze it's not been a year..I don't mind what
we have now because I still see him..but for
me he is on the shelf..I'm not getting back
together until I want it.I also am mixed up
because I don't relish the day I see him with
someone new ..Aww..this Stuff Bums me out..
My two Cents..stick with your gut..if he's
around now go out a few times ..talk and take
care of bussiness..But it's all about YOU !!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 889
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 8:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, by no means am I down on your angel - if not for you I'd have been uninspired. I think the extra attention to mine was due to the insane spurt of prolific creativity (I'm still recovering from the induced insomnia of that last one!)

L.A.B., I'll see what I can come up with once I've "recharged"...

PD, I tried painting on my own (i.e. no training) for awhile but I made a mess of it. I like doing comp-art because the pigments are dirt cheap and never run out!

John

Post Number: 1524
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 9:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

but susi my heart tricked me the last time.

no i am ok and just venting on the X, i wont go back.

waxy i started on a visitor series going to start a thread for many to pst there visitor sketches and art.

buddy its the fig leaf position they tellyou not to do it in drama class but its a polite way of telling the world you non treatoning sexually its bad body language to say for sure. but i had trouble getting the arms right. sorry

John

Post Number: 1525
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 9:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

keep on making art and try the painting thing again too its a differnt vibe or turn one of the com works in to a painting.

andgat painting tips from patricia she led me the right way on something i was working on and i will not forget it now for it is so simple.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 891
Posted on Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 9:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I did a pencil drawing back in '96 that was a sort of 'tribute' to the abduction phenom. I just might post it... I was having a health issue at the time, which I think gave the pic a mildly 'feverish' quality...

moonhowler
Advanced Member

Post Number: 491
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 4:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Howdy, all. I like ALL the angel pics. Wish I knew how to do that kind of stuff.

LAB, hope hubby gets the medicalese verbiage out of his system soon. Trouble is, sometimes one a guy gets all that attention and begins using the medical terms, they LOVE to stick with it. Maybe once he had an idea he might be a doctor, now he gets to prove he can handle the vocabulary. I can't get my hubby TO a doc. If he would just go, I think I could put up with the medicalese language from him for at least a while.

We miss you, Pat, but do what ya gotta do. Not many of us get to have an art show.

Think I'll have some chicken and dumplings, with cornbread and real butter. And a BIG, strong iced tea with lots of sugar.

(My Nannie [grandmother] had a way of making very strong tea with only two tea-bags. Just add a pinch of baking soda to the tea immediately after you've removed it from the stove. Wait a minute or two, and the tea will turn almost black and taste wonderfully strong. The two tea-bags will make a gallon of tea, so you save BIG on tea-bags money. To me, it ain't real tea unless it's made that way. I abhor weak tea!)
... Irish Proverb

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 430
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB, i think hubbie's preoccupation is a form of detox. hopefully he will get the trauma of it out of his system, and lose interest in retelling the details. i've been surprised at my own, at times delayed, need to off-load stories of illness or trauma. until they are fully processed in one's psyche, they can be clingy little boogers.

glad he is doing better. take care of yourself. so easy to lose that impetus when one is being the caretaker for someone else's more urgent needs (soooo-zey!) but i'm saying this for myself as much as anyone.

i'm recuperating from a friend's medical crisis today. very thankful she pulled through, and praying for her continued recovery. and praying for a bit more patience for me, puh-leeze. got too snarky this morning with my kid, who only partly deserved it.

so Sal, serve me up a triple espresso with a little milk, wouldja? time to pull the focus back onto my own work.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12862
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi lifts a bloody mary....to all the caregivers!

nadm-healing energy sent to your friend.

lovely cool morning. just fed the birds and watered but by afternoon it'll be in the triple digits. aagghh......

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 431
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks, susi. she's such a lovely spirit. i ain't ready to lose her.

*lifts coffee mug in toast* to the caregivers! maybe we need to open a Caregivers' Spa here at Sal's. everyone would be greeted at the door with a robe, bunny slippers, and a hunk of chocolate.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5976
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Guess it's just getting to me, as I see all our previous activities (skiing, bowling) all go by the wayside. Was planning to do a vacation, but bills have cut all that out. Besides, he's on his own "restricted diet" and is afraid to "eat out" (which was another activity we did.) I see my "old age" as being so restricted why live it? Guess all "care-givers" are going through the same thing.

Sal, bacon and eggs, over-easy, with a mocha latte, double.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12864
Posted on Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lab

i've taken care of bryn for the last 5 years 24/7. i'm ok with it for the most part. but to be honest i have moments where i think to myself, 'is this the rest of my life?' i can go off for hours but going away on vacation and leaving him alone is out of the question.

a psychic once told me we agreed to this in a former life. that i was working off all karma in this earth walk. so, i think this is what i'm meant to do.

it's not always easy but i do believe it's a small part of the big design. :-)