Archive through May 06, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through May 06, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie

Post Number: 321
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ya..thats us..AND EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAME!!

as I was looking at Pats Cats..and reading about
Tandy..little ohhh..ahhh..sounds came from me..
OUT COMES Big Boy to see why his Slave person
is cooing His song.LOL..to funny..So Jealous!

He actually seems to read my mind which I
shoo..shoo..Don't want to go there..

OK ..trousers..like pants..??
I understand I had NuN's teaching me and we
couldn't wear pants or jeans..I had scabs on my
knees too..NOT FAIR !

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 322
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi it's your lucky night..I have new guitar
strings and I want to learn " I lost it "
IT's Going to be a Long Night..
at Sal's.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9915
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susano, this is the unofficial decompression chamber at UC--welcome! Free stuffies, virtual food with NO CALORIES!!!! And slumber parties and movies on the weekends, plus a jukebox with all our favorite songs and a kitchen that's open 24/7
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 848
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH! OH!

PS: I bought the book "The Da Vinci Code" today, because... I won't get to see the movie. Bought the other one in that series too, "Angels and Demons" ... same religious conspiracy stuff.

*goes to the corner with her espresso and hot fudge lava cake and Tandy and Patricia and whoever else joins the dog-pile under the blankets to read*
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 326
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brig..yippy doggie piles..
Never bought his books..I thought
Angles & Demons was about Demons & angles.
Brig..I'm here tuning my guitar.trust me I need to hide out when I do this..
or get the Ex involved?? Not!!

I already had Blood and the Holy Grail plus
a few others along that line.
Just figured how much of that will ring
thruthfull..I love it all but feel surely I know enough from what I've read to follow the Movie
by This Guy?

I won't keep you up too late..save me a spot
with my rollie pollie teddy..I'm beginning to feel tired .. good sign :-) glad you here..xo

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 859
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 2:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, perfect opportunity to test my cat-intuition:

Widdershins: most smoochable/cuddly
Shadow: laziest
Nimitz: most refined, has strictest standards

Am I right?

MEOW! Waxy likes kitties and they like him back...
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1458
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 2:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK waxy here are my cats whats your take on them?

Nuts
Percy
tiberius
tangalow
Bananna

(Message edited by johnalbert on May 04, 2006)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 860
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 2:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I need kitty photos! I could try to remote-view, but I have no training in that technique... [sheepish grin] I could try guessing, but really (like my Mom) I'm a reader of faces moreso than names.

What did you think of my angel?
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 861
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 3:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

To put it another way, I looked at the pics and had something like the following "speech bubbles" come to mind:

Widdershins: "Where's Mommy? I need love and cuddles!"
Shadow: "Yeah, whatever. Now leave me alone..."
Nimitz: "Did I not say salmon? Were you even listening???"

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 862
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 3:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy's bestest buddy in the whole wide world!

John

Post Number: 1459
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 3:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

gosh wax totally spaced it did not even see it til now glad you mentioned it

wow I like it. and metatron which angel was that? cool name. like a bird of peace or a messenger of good will. lavender is the color of wisdom white purity. did you use the galixy generator on it? love that program its so simple. btw i liked the sun statue too. reminded me of jim morrison

have to tell you mine was baced on a visiter i had one day and it was amazing i felt such warmth and love from this being. and I saw somthing very similar to what i tried to depict..

and funny you say that i inspired you for i am working on one that patricia has insiperd me to do. weird how that works. but haveing trouble with the figure of the being. just have to keep at it I guess.

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 420
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 9:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

swooning over all the animal pix. every one of them!

sooze, how'd Hannibal's nite go? still pain free on the new med?

LAB, you are so right about hospitals. i have worked in a few. i tell friends, try to be there as close to 24/7 as possible, when a loved one is hospitalized. there are slip ups with little things and big things. so glad yr hubbie is home. i hope the non-surgery works out well for him.

happy to crawl back into Sal's after the latest medical crisis here, which turned out fine (after waking me in the middle of the nite this weekend). yeesh. i could use a little more espresso. throw a little whip cream on top, k?

susano, decompression chamber this is. it's like being with family, except we actually all like each other!

*snuggles under blankies with assorted animals and humans and stuffies*

Brighid

Post Number: 849
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 9:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You can pick your friends.

You can pick your nose.

You can pick your friend's nose.

But you can not pick your family.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12747
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 9:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

he slept the whole night through without yanking the mask off...that was my worry.

i had a weird experience though...

i peeked in on him after i got up and he was lying there with the mask on, the large oxygen container was on the floor, the humidifyer on his end table and the hose, and the sound of the machine and the sound of the air flow...and i immediately got creeped out. for a second i was transported back to his days in the hospital and all those emotions gushed up.

it's funny how the strangest things bring all that flooding back.

he's been doing pretty good with the exception of one day with a headache. but we're both plagued with allergies and this has been the worst month. my house is surrounded by palo verde and mulberry and they're shedding. AH-CHOO!

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 421
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

overall, sounds peachy yeah, sense memory it weird. the sounds and sights of those machines tapped into something.

pollen here is so heavy this year, a thick yellow coating on everything outside. we leave tracks on the porch if it's not cleaned all the time.

*where's the ACHOO emoticon?*

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5875
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was at the hospital many hours, watching things, making sure he got watered, fed, correct meds etc. It was a nightmare. Wanted to choke the male nurse who kept banging his bed against the wall in the ER trying to get to his IV tubing. (He was passing a stone, for crying out loud.)

Strange memories do come back at odd times, Susi.
All my hubby's hospital experiences came flooding back in my own 14 surgeries, so I could empathize with his plight. With mine, no one was there to help me, he would come in during visiting hours, read the newspaper, then leave. Now he knows what it's like being on the other end. (He'd never been a long-time patient before.) Sounds, smells, beeping moniters, drove me nuts!!!

Allergies are awful, (sniff..sniff...wipe...wipe.)
Hope the supply of tissues doesn't run out.

One latte to go (grabs the chocolate tart!!)

susi t learn

Post Number: 12751
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah, it's hard to explain. i guess i was just emotional yesterday. bryn and i were playing cards, talking, laughing, and we were talking about food and i said, 'my mom made the best lemon merange pie ever'-then immediately my eyes watered up. i've talked about her tons and was always ok, but yesterday i felt the void she left talking about a stupid pie.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 328
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dabs at tears..Hugs to susi & Lab..
I wish my emotions were not so raw All the
Time.Takes nothing to make me tear up :-)

Waxy I turned metatron into my screen
saver at the office and 4 others did the
same ..lol

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 425
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sooze, you earned it. when yr busy fighting for yr kid's welfare, you can't afford to get weepy. ya gotta be strong for the kid. now that Bryn's doing better you can relax, and stuff does float up.

i miss the ones i've lost at odd moments, too. most times i talk about them, think about them, perfectly cheerily. then out of the blue, it hits me and i miss them terribly. i guess it's the earth-walk thing. sometimes i just wish they could be here again beside me in this world.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12752
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

nadm

i think you're right about the 'finally relaxing' thing.

i had hummingbird come to me right after my mom died. it was such an experience that i knew it was her. she loved them. i think the hummer that's been playing in the hose with me is a message. and besides being warriors, they mean joy.

anyways..............it's a beautiful day here, not real hot yet. i bought some pinwheels for the yard. :-) and we're going to target-the kid wants to buy 'the bourne conspiracy' dvd.

making a mexican dish tonight. mmmm....

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 3805
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tandy looks like I pictured her

except for the part basset thing, those feet! The long body!

Nice doggy.

John

Post Number: 1464
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 1:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

nadm, I would like your imput on lupus if you have any advice. I have a friend with it.
its in health and medical moon howler is the person i asked but any good advice is welcome.

my friend will not go see the doctor or look for a new doctor is the problem i think. she is not getting her blood tests done regularly either.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 864
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 1:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, do so with my blessings! Maybe if enough of my creativity gets out there it'll set up some sort of positive resonance thingie that'll bounce back on me! Years ago my co-workers would 'borrow' wallpapers I made for myself...

John, let's keep a-cross-pollinatin'. Galaxy Generator, huh? Where do I find it? For an artiste, my software cupboard is inexcusably bare...

[bows deeply to all who enjoyed the angel pic, and promises at least a couple more]

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 865
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 1:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, and as for Metatron:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metatron

Jim Morrison? I don't know enough about him to get the connection. Do tell...

John

Post Number: 1467
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it was on that link that pat sugested some time ago. also got a texture generater that is rad too let me look.

actually from you and pat i think im learning more then the other way around.

ill find that link and post it here.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5890
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

All I can think of is that "horrible" movie Dogma that Alan Rickman and Ben Affleck made. Alan played Metatron. He looked very strange in those wings.

http://img.buzznet.com/assets/users9/laiqalasse/default/large-msg-113557010457-2 .jpg

Do not rent this film if you hate the "f" word used as constant dialogue (similar to Aliens III.)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 866
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 2:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Me browser don't like the link. Maybe just as well... Waxy wants his usage of names uncluttered by cynical influences...

John

Post Number: 1468
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 2:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here are 2 links to free graphics programs. The second one has the program I was talking about I so never remember what things really are. lol

All kinds of apps on this site.
http://www.freebyte.com/graphicprograms/

universe paint program very simple to use
http://www.dewa.com/yikes/

Jim morison ? it was the doors movie and the imagery of the sun power or the father sky theme in it. I like that movie actually

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 426
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 8:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

c'mon, LAB, ya gotta at least give Dogma a few points for casting Alanis Morrisette as God.

Brighid

Post Number: 852
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 8:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dogma rocked! *nods*

*pushes LAB's nose*

"BEEP!"

*runs and ducks under the covers to hide*

--From Harley

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9921
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I enjoyed "Dogma" but then, I'm weird [pushes Brighid's nose -- *BEEP!*

Waxy, you nailed my kitties' dispositions! Except Shadow adds to his laziness with clingy-ness and whining And I LOVE your kitty companion--name??

L. A. B. and susi--I have so many traumatic memories around hospitals that I nearly wept reading your posts...during that gallbladder fiasco The Skeptic was completely out of contact in the Alaskan wilderness and I was SO alone and helpless. It was *awful* [shudder]

And now I gotta wave g'bye again and go paint for a couple more hours
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5896
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 11:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Guess it's just me, but when the "f" word is the total dialogue, it just isn't funny. I prefer actual conversation in movies, but that's just me. Dogma was a "dog." Sorry for all those who loved it, but ugh. Now Pirates of the Caribbean, (can't wait for July!!!) Dead man's chest....so looking forward to that one!! (Pops in "The Black Pearl" and hums the main theme!!) "Yo ho, a pirate's life for me!!"

Passes the popcorn waiting for friday night.

Thanks all for holding my hand during all the "hospital" stuff....it's a zoo in one of those places. Pity the inmates who cannot get out!!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 870
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 3:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, thanks for the links! I pulled an unintentional all-nighter doing "ground work" for my next angel pic, so I'll have to check them out later.

Patricia! [high fives] Can I read cats or can't I? Hah! My buddy's named Tevildo, after an early Tolkien character who was the "Prince of Cats"! I always swore my first cat would get that name. I call him Tev for short...

John

Post Number: 1478
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 3:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

so did i. go to the coffee for the gods thread in spiritual life section.

i was being bad. bad bad bad

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 871
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 3:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I guess we all need to be sent to our rooms without supper, huh? Anyway, here's the pyramid I 'built' tonight/today. I was going to use it in my angel pic, but I figured out that it would be a distraction so I'll use it in something else one of these days. Here it is in a simple setting, again for the Sal's clientele's enjoyment...

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Bluepyramid.jpg

John

Post Number: 1480
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 3:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

cool pic waxy, what is the symbol on the pyamid?

it really stands on its own

still working on the figure for next angel pic from me. its not working and i wish i had a newer machine to do the 3-d stuff like you and patricia do.

oh well its fun anyway.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 872
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 4:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Actually I wish I had a newer machine too - this one's motherboard is at about the 5 year mark (I periodically do piecemeal upgrades for economy's sake, but it'd be nice to have a whole new one)... But for the piddling things I currently use it for, it still suffices.

And, yes, it's fun!

The symbol is an abstract pattern of a sort I've always had a knack for. Funny but true - I largely cruised through junior-high art classes on that ability! The pencil drawings were of the same sort, monochrome but much more elaborate in terms of the number of "blobs".

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 333
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 4:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

coffee for the gods

John..is that how they troll in Bfield ?
sorry.. couldn't help myself..!! :-)

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 334
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 5:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH YA !!

experienced my 1st earth quake yesterday.
a whopping 2.7 !
The building did a Crack and the rumbling
seemed to be right inside you.. Weird ...

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5901
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 12:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy, you may have just solved the Da Vinci code!!!
Looks like Leo's "Vitruvian Man", very beautiful.
Love those colors.

John

Post Number: 1482
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John..is that how they troll in Bfield ?
sorry.. couldn't help myself..!!

auhg! no but that is a funny connection to the lingo which I never made the connection too. those kind of trolls are the worst ever.

weird about the pink hair lab. mine had green I believe and they were banks my sister kyped them all and are in her storage somewhere. they were pirates.

wax I use to do these interconnected blobs or shapes that linked together is why I was asking I saw it on the sun sculpture too. I like abstract.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5906
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

These are going around, thought they fit here.

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/499/12za3yp.gif
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9417/10cc4gf.gif
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/953/11cv4bc.gif
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6990/12su3fr.gif
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/5678/17bv5wm.gif
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2031/19zc8uf.gif
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8153/30009dx3zh.gif
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4192/30001zm7do.gif

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 874
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 5:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good! I'll stick with that theme for awhile then!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 875
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 5:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Those pics go well with "Ding" - gives a nifty stream-of-consciousness effect. Wow, compared to Da Vinci ...

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 341
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 8:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In whats new ..
Lab I just opened
your blue bear with curlers and bunny slippies..
OMG..it's too cute..!!
It's perfect for where I work ..

I want it for this Sales conference
Spring 2007 I'll work it in..Is it yours?

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 346
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 9:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

WHERE IS LAB ??

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5912
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My son got his master's degree today, had to go to convocation and eats. Sorry. Filled up there, just need a big lemonaide. The "blue bear" is a negative of someone elses "pink bear" so steal away.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12792
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

good for your son! what was his major?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5914
Posted on Friday, May 05, 2006 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Executive Business. Or something like that. He got to go to Europe for his last two weeks of schooling, was in Switzerland and Rome.

Wasn't sure hubby could go, and was begging off, but hubby decided we could do it, (lots of hiking about and trying to find a parking space.) They served a great buffet, very filling. Hubby couldn't eat any of it, but the rest of us did. He came home and ate his own meal. But we enjoyed the time with the kid, grandkids, d-in-law, daughter. (Which meant we babysat while they ate. That's ok. But I'm tuckered out, will just grab a video, a blanket, a stuffy and some coke/popcorn in the corner. Throw on something fun like "Galaxy Quest" or "About Schmidt."

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 876
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 2:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Some elements didn't come out the way I wanted, but it's still quite nice. Behold "Gamaliel" - http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Gamaliel2.jpg