Archive through April 24, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through April 24, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1294
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 2:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

that is true, and ill sketch it out, but i think it was a symbolic dream. like a changeing of the gaurd dream or a knoledge being passed on
then it had the #3 as a symbol which comes up in my dreams alot. usually means three warnings. or three messages.

but ill sketch it out and see what i come up with.

thank damon

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 3677
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

To me that dream sounds very 'female'. Like full of female achetypes. Woman giving orders and then trimming her pot? Uterus/cement mixer thing? Do you know anyone who's pregnant? Or 'pregnant' metaphoically, like about having some real interesting or creative project or idea?

John

Post Number: 1296
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH gelfling,

you are insightful. birth to three new ideas. the woman was strong willed

then there is the all powerful goddess type thing too. she was showing me I have 3 ideas or creative things in the works.

the uterus is a female form and the cement mixer was a male form of creation.

the marriage of organic and mechanical to give birth to something new. hum

I am just free associating donít mind me. but sometimes anotherís insight is just the eyes I need to see.

you observation is amazing to me and very much put some perspective on the dream for me. thanks!

john

John

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

trimming her pottery that is...

gelfling

Post Number: 3680
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 1:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

'pot' or 'pottery' it was understood, what you mean. I meant to say that the 'pot' (some kind of vessel, or vase) is a symbol of the feminine. Like 'womb', uterus, you know.

It can also mean that you are 'incubating' a new idea, or plan or project, for example.

The creative spirit.

John

Post Number: 1303
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 1:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you know that is true. hum. I am going to put what you said here in my journal too. it really is on the mark I think. but what would the ideas be. I never get to bring that knowledge back with me. when I am there.

I have been thinking of a new way of being as of late breaking the old cycles and what not. giving birth to a new me or a me that is better or kinder or smarter I donít know its the life long questions and answers that I have put on myself. letting go of my past to advance into the future. giving birth to the new.

this was a weird dream not a vr experience and not a mangled dream either. it was like an obe sort of but to a place I donít go to and a woman I donít remember in that environment.

like spirit school? some one told me that a little time ago. I think that person is on the mark too.

I love the act of making a container. for me defining the space inside the container and what it might hold is just as important as to its decoration and glaze or what have ya. making a container is like a promise of something to hold within its walls. and what could it hold information treasures food found objects.

you know there is this one ceramic artist that makes the simplest of objects or plain or really plain actually but you lift the lid off on one of her vessels and the most beautiful gold or jewel tones come gleaming out. I always loved her work. felt like she knew what it was about. all of it.

always liked the Raku masters and the tea ceremony to. still going to do that for my self one day Ill try to find a link to it. cool ritual.

wow have not thought about this stuff in awhile maybe that is also the point.

you made me think.

dirkwright
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 1319
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 9:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, was this woman in your dream similar to your mother?

gelfling

Post Number: 3685
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 1:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You know, if you don't understand 'what the ideas may be' right now, ask your dream self. Maybe think about the question before you fall asleep, and see what your subconscious is trying to tell you. Your dreams may hint at things using symbols that you may not understand directly, but you will understand in an emotive, intuitive way.

Damon
Username: damon

Post Number: 28
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello everyone,

I had an experience I would like to share with the group.

Off and on throughout my life, while dreaming, I would suddenly become aware of a presence in the room. It would happen regardless of the type of dream I was having, positive or negative. No matter how hard I tried I could not force my eyes open. Over the past few years thou, Iíve been able to will myself out of the paralysis, but always to an empty room. The feeling of the presence would remain strong, to the point that I would have to search the house before I could go back to sleep.

About a year ago it happened again, same as before, Iím dreaming and then comes the presence. I remember telling myself, ďyou have to wake up, wake up now!Ē I was straining to open my eyes, to force myself awake. I tried harder and harder, my head was shaking, I wanted to sit up and open my eyes. ďYou have to wake up, was in my head againĒ and then it happened. My eyes shoot open and I took a deep breath like someone had thrown cold water on me. In front of me, at the foot of the bed was a dark shape, about two and a half feet high. My eyes were very watery and out of focus. No matter how hard I strained I could not make out any detail, just a dark blob. I was also terrified, my heart was racing and my whole body was tingling, I could feel the goose bumps all over. Then just as fast as I had thrust myself awake, I slumped back down on my pillow and immediately went back to sleep. I donít know what time it was but it was dark in the room when it happened. I woke up again later that morning the same way I had that night. It was like someone turned on a switch. I sat up in bed and gasped, looking right at the spot in the room where the shape had been earlier.

This feeling of the presence used to happen to me a couple of times a year and has not happened again since that night.

John

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 1:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Damon interesting. had a similar experience. it is terrifying at the time.

gelfling, good advice. sometimes I wish I could understand immediately but I am just now understanding dream messages from some time ago. weird how that works. just started putting them down in a dream journal and its helping. sometimes the messages are just so bizarre at the time.

Damon

Post Number: 29
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John

Has it progressed into anything more?

John

Post Number: 1316
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, it seems to have something to do with the law of three's. that is what i have come up with so far but i am not committed to that yet.

but i have had other dreams since then that I am trying to figure out now.

damon how about your dreams. are they changing? are you able to have free will in them? you can you know. that seems to be something that happens with time

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 1280
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 7:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a really unusual dream last night--actually, it was several dreams about the same thing. In the dreams, I seemed to be a young orphaned boy living in the late 1800s (I think). In one of the dreams, an older boy who had taken me under his wing, stole a pair of shoes for me, and almost got caught in the process.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12428
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

miaree

sounds like past life stuff.

partyghost
Intermediate Member
Username: partyghost

Post Number: 198
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 5:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

miaree9, I think your dream might be inspired by Little Orphan Annie symbology but, out of your lovely trait for universal compassion, converted to Little Orphan Aztek.

The fact that the mentor boy stole your shoes illustrates that even wonderful protectors - like Aztek's aliens - might be all imagination.

Or it could be me taking the feet out from under him- and thus, you?

Nah, I love your altruistic activities here.

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 5:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And here I thought I had just had a strange dream.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 1791
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 8:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

strange oddball type dreams can be both past life as susi suggested as well as directions over where to go or where needed in the future.
You could work with troubled youth and have an
innate empathy being able to relate in some way
maybe not understood ..yet. So just a possibility there..
or ..you already doing that? miaree.

the shoes.. umm ..some soulful expression there.. lost souls is what I'm thinking..
you relate to kids.. I know from what you've written you've a teaching background or are a teacher..right.

Anyway.. messages in dreams .. I've had a few and they're been right on the button. :-)

gelfling

Post Number: 3713
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream that I was hanging with Jesus in ancient times. Like I was a follower. We were being told to go somewhere else, like move out of the city. And then a voyage by boat. I could feel the water under us.

buddie
Intermediate Member
Username: buddie

Post Number: 119
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 9:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gelf I can't help in what it means..
but you had a journey if it was that strong.
My 2 Cents..

Dreams are not always visits.We may not
always agree..But everyone knows the difference..

gelfling

Post Number: 3715
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm not sure I know what you mean...

I do think that sometimes (not always!) in your dreams you take a little walk in the spirit world.... and over there, you can step into other people's lives and experience things you may not have in your own 'real life'.

One time I was a gangster, and got taken out back in some field and got shot! I mean I felt it and everything.

I'm not saying, I was with Jesus in some past life. I'm not saying I even visited that time at all.

What I'm trying to say is that human's personal experience leaves like an imprint on our collective history. You guys know of Jung and the 'collective unconscious' right? Well, that is more or less what I'm talking about.

I've had animal totems pop up in my dreams that only my 'Indian' friends had any worthwhile input about. And I'm not anywhere near 'Indian'.

John

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 1:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

mairee I think that was a lovely dream am inclined to agree with what brown said but I remember

but here is what the dream moods website said about shoes and gifts. I thought it very appropriate.

Shoes
In general, shoes represent your approach to life. It suggests that you are well-grounded or that you are down to earth. It also represents your convictions about your beliefs. If you are changing your shoes, then it refers to your changing roles. You are taking a new approach to life. If your forget your shoes, then it suggests that you are leaving restraints behind you. You are refusing to conform to some idea or attitude. To see old and worn shoes in your dream, signifies that through diligence and hard work, you will find success. It may also mean that you have come to grips with accepting who you are. If the shoes are new, then it suggests that you are overconfident in your success. Alternatively you may be on a life path that is unfamiliar to you. To dream that you are wearing inappropriate shoes for the activity at hand, denotes that your progress and path in life will be laborious and ill-prepared. It may also indicate that you are heading in the wrong direction and need to reevaluate your goals. To dream that you are not wearing any shoes, signifies that you have a lack of confidence in yourself and low self-assurance. You may be dealing with issues concerning your self-identity. Thus if you dream that you lose your shoes, then it suggests that you may be searching for your identity and finding/exploring who you are.

Gift
To dream that you are giving a gift, signifies your generosity towards others. Alternatively, you may be trying to express some feeling or have something awkward to say that has to be carefully packaged. To dream that you receive a gift, denotes your tremendous luck in fortune and love. You are being rewarded for a job well done and are held in high esteem by those around you.

gelf know what you mean i get a jelly fish in my dreams. still figureing it out

Damon

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My dream starts out with me floating through a forest on a very sunny day. I pass through some pine trees and there is an animal in front of me that looks like a prong horn antelope grazing on a tall shrub. I float in for a closer look and it senses me and darts away. I start to go after it but hear something coming out of the trees behind me, from where I came. I turn and see a deer of some sort, itís a buck with a very large rack, and the velvet is still on the antlers so it must be spring. He is just standing there looking me straight in the eyes, he knows Iím here. He snorts and stamps at the ground. His features are kind of blurry, the only thing I seem to be able to focus on are his eyes. I start to float in for a closer inspection of this creature and he takes off up a hill to my right. I shoot straight up about a hundred feet and can see that he has cleared the hill and has run into a chasm. The walls of the chasm are an off white color, like limestone deposits. I fly over towards the top of the hill and into the chasm. After a short trip through I can see another hill in front of me at the end. The tip of an antler is visible just over the hill. As I get closer the antler changes shape and is now a spire atop a building. I top the hill and start floating down towards the edge of a small town and suddenly feel as if I have lost control. Iím being taken in the direction of a particular house. Itís predominantly white on the exterior with a green house or sunroom attached to it. ďI donít want to go hereĒ I think to myself and pull away from the force that is guiding me. I shoot up into the air hundreds of feet above the town and am just flying around absorbing the site of the town. The spire I saw earlier seems to be the center of the town and tallest building. There are numerous other buildings that get smaller as the move away from the center. The predominant color seems to white with black accents. The grass and trees are nice and green. I am then pulled back down to the ground very quickly to the same point I was before, right outside the house with the sunroom. I think to myself ďOK, I guess someone wants to show me something.Ē I give in and let however, take control. I float straight at the house and through the wall entering the kitchen and come to an easy stop. There is an oven built into the wall and an island countertop. The kitchen is open and off to one side of a larger room. There is a hallway that leads back into the house. I seem drawn back towards this area of the house so I float down the hall. The doors are six panel and painted white along with the rest of the trim. I can not say for sure what color the walls are but a pale yellow comes to mind. One door in particular is drawing my attention to it. I float through the door and enter a bedroom. There is a double bed with a comforter that has a plaid pattern of various shades of greens. The sheets and pillow cases are a pale color of green that matches the background color of the comforter. There are 4 pillows, two on each side of the bed stacked slightly on top of one another. I see the bed has only been disturbed one side. I get the feeling that the person is in the next room over and start to head in that direction when I am suddenly thrust from my dream by a knee to my side from my wifeÖÖ..I hate when that happens!

Berghaus
Username: berghaus

Post Number: 881
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 3:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You can find a great dream dictionary here too:

http://www.glamour.com/dreamdictionary/browseaz

starspirit
Username: starspirit

Post Number: 2045
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 4:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

awww me too, lol, I was getting into that Damon

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 6:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes Dreams demand , either it's finished or it's something in the back of your mind
"chomping away at you"
Cool dream Damon love those ..sorry about the ending . :-)

Damon

Post Number: 31
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

She wakes me from my dreams quite a bit. I guess if I want to finish most of them I need to get my own bedroom.

starrover79
Username: starrover79

Post Number: 540
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've had a strange recurring dream off and on for about the last 3 or 4 years. I don't believe it means anything but it's so strange. Here it is:

The dream is always sometime in the future. I live in a strange Mad Max type world. Lots of chaos and no order. I'm approached by this group of strange people that seem to be half human, half animal. They are intelligent but they can't control their emotions or behavior and they are very dangerous. For some reason they like me and are fascinated with me as soon as they see me. Their leader tells me that they used to be normal people but they were changed by the military to become super soldiers. It didn't work because they couldn't be controlled. They were told that they no longer souls and they wanted me to help them find their souls. I didn't have a clue about what to do or how to deal with them. I was afraid that if I did something wrong they would do something terrible to me. They also wanted to reproduce but they seemed to be sterile.

That's pretty much all that ever happens in the dreams. These dreams don't repeat all of the time but they have repeated enough in the last few years to cause me to take note of it. I don't believe I'm seeing the future. I don't think that anything like that could be possible. But for some reason I have these dreams and I don't know why.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12461
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

this wasn't exactly a dream-but when i lay down to rest a bit ago, i 'heard' the word 'shasta'.

starrover79
Username: starrover79

Post Number: 542
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Isn't there a volcanic mountain out west called Mount Shasta?

susi t learn

Post Number: 12462
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yep. wonder if there's any rumblings going on?

T
Username: dow

Post Number: 17
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi,
Probably thirsty for a shasta cola, or maybe some shasta natural spring water.

(Message edited by dow on April 14, 2006)

susi t learn

Post Number: 12463
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 1:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

could be. :-)

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2041
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 4:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There is also a Shasta daisy.

John

Post Number: 1339
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 4:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thatís OK susi yesterday I heard a voice say you have to move to the UK.

it argued with me actually.

I am a rural boy at heart and can't wait till I can move back to the woods. so it did not make sense to me at the time.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12467
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 5:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, after i heard that word, i fell back asleep and saw a map of india. i was looking for a town/city around the southwestern part. then, although i know pakistan is above india, instead i saw russia. i was looking for a rural area east central, very backwards whee men still rode horses. very weird-i have no idea what to make of it other than you gotta love those afternoon naps.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 140
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 2:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi...about Russia , they had a big earth quake
a day ago ?

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 141
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 2:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Does anyone else have these ?

I have dreams where I become aware that I'm dreaming and always say the same lame thing to myself which is "I've had this dream before"

I'm wondering this.Am I having various recurring dreams.. or..do I think they are recurring dreams because I become aware that I'm dreaming while
in the dream ?
Is this lucid dreaming ?

susi t learn

Post Number: 12470
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 8:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh yeah, i've had that happen to me. or if something unpleasant is about to happen i realize i can change it.

yeah, i think that is lucid dreaming.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 144
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 8:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks susi..because if they are lucid I read I could change the dream.So now instead of just saying I've had this dream before I'll focus
because some of them are unpleasant.Just
never dawned on me before ?

Damon

Post Number: 34
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 8:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I would agree with susi, I think awareness and point of control are the boundaries to lucid dreaming.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 145
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 9:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

awareness I have, point of control..
can you explain ..do you mean focus ?

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2043
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lucid dreaming

"E. Volition and Action
There is more voluntary choice available to lucid dreamers than to nonlucid dreamers. The experienced lucid dreamer seems capable of exercising at least as much free choice while dreaming as waking. However, waking volition is constrained by general knowledge and past experience. Likewise, volition during lucid dreams is constrained by the dreamerís semantic framework and past lucid dream experience. These factors together define to the lucid dreamer what is and is not possible, and therefore, what voluntary choices are available. The set of these possible choices are contained in the lucid dreamerís goal-options context.

The actions of lucid dreamers vary from simple to complex. A lucid dreamerís actions may be reflexive, as when walking in a lucid dream without losing balance. Others are instinctive, such as attempting to avoid threatening situations. Still others are habitual, such as speaking or driving a car or performing other procedural tasks in a dream. Finally, some of the actions are deliberate and based on volitional choice. Volitional actions are initiated by the lucid dreamer for any number of reasons: curiosity, desire, etc.

The actions of lucid dreamers are not constrained by the real world either physically or socially. Hence, lucid dreamers routinely fly, pass through walls or perform other actions impossible in the physical world ..."

Damon

Post Number: 35
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What he said.....

By control I mean exactly the things he has described. Instead of being the puppet, you are the puppet master.

I can take flight and control the speed of flight at will while in a lucid state. The more you do these things in a dream the easier it becomes for you because your mind no longer considers it to be impossible. The challenge for me is controlling my emotions while in this state. There always seems to be something in a dream that stirs my conscious emotions and that always pulls me out of the lucid state and awakens me from dreaming.

(Message edited by Damon on April 15, 2006)

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 148
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 12:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Mark..
Ah..so the flying dreams are lucid also..
I don't recall willing myself to fly but
I like it when I do.I want willpower
to change them at the moment.
It's a slippery exercise, hope I can.
It's like watching a movie with sub titles.
Once your into the movie your brain forgets your
reading until you slip and remember.

slw
Username: slw

Post Number: 1125
Posted on Friday, April 21, 2006 - 12:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night, I dreamed my late sister was telling about some govn looking men who'd been coming around. I said they were FBI who had been tailing our Dad. About that time, I saw the figures of those men seeming to appear out of the dark (they looked like MIBs), along with my Dad. I realized I was dreaming and tried to wake up but could feel myself becoming paralyzed and knew I had to scream quickly. I was happy to hear myself say "help" twice before my voice became paralyzed. My husband turned over and I woke up! That goes under the nightmare category!

Then an odd but happier dream. My daughter who's had her tubes tied told me she was pregnant. We were in an old house, dark, that looked like it had never been redecorated, lots of old dark wood, wallpaper, etc. As I started to go up some stairs, I noticed some picture frames propped & hanging against a wall. One of the frames, 3 to 4 inches deep, almost like a box, was sitting on the floor propped against the wall. Behind the glass was an unborn baby girl whose eyes were following me. She knew she was waiting to be born and was happy about it. It was like we knew each other. Maybe, that'll be my granddaughter's baby! I can only hope!

My dreams ran the full spectrum last night.

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 821
Posted on Sunday, April 23, 2006 - 11:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just had my first bona-fide nightmare in many many years, as well as the first truly violent dream I can recall at all! Since my site "dream journal" vanished (presumably due to lack of activity/interest) I will post it here. I just hope there's no precognitive 'leakage' involved!

The relevant section of my dream started out in typical, playfully-bizarre fashion: I found myself at a McDonalds, where I drove the car right into the middle of a spacious condiment/napkin etc. self-serve area (I wonder what the formal name for those is).

Nearby was a young guy mopping, so I got out of the car and, while avoiding stepping in the puddles on the floor, asked him where best to 'stand' my car in that area. Next, I went to the island-counter checkout in the midst of that area and talked to actor/comic/checkout-guy Chris Elliott about getting some sort of refund. After figuring things out, he gave me some beautiful partly-glassy-blue-enameled pennies and told me that I'd need to come back the next day for the rest of my change (!!!) but didn't need an appointment (!!!).

Okay, ordinary enough in dream terms, but then things got unpleasant...

A young, bearded man (I got the sense he was Iranian) came up to the counter and at first cheerfully inquired about placing an order. However, a second or two later he said something sarcastic that set Chris off and caused him to refuse to take the order. So, our young man, still smiling, pulled a black ski mask over his head! Immediately I went black, albeit intermittently, and staggered, got very scared, and felt (in the dreamstate what passed for) horrible pain in my head! I thought I was about to die, and then I saw myself surrounded by a large crowd of frightened customers and at least four more black-masked men. The first one, standing in the middle of the crowd and practically in my face, held up a vaguely-visible dark canister and shouted something like "That was a grenade!!! I have another one here and I will use it to kill us all if you don't cooperate!". I woke up feeling sickhearted because while I trusted the government would do it's best to get us out I knew that they "don't give in to terrorist demands" so I thought I might actually die and it scared the crap out of me, and I worried about my poor Mom finding out about my situation. I also worried about being stuck for a long time in miserable conditions surrounded by equally-suffering people. I woke up rather abruptly, and ran over to fire up my comp to be sure I got all this down before I forgot it!!!

It isn't like me to have such intensely-negative dreams. I dearly hope nothing like this happens. My Mom used to have prophetic dreams, and it's one skill I don't particularly want to inherit!
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

John

Post Number: 1399
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 12:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

woah, that was an intense one waxy.

wookiecrisp
Username: wookiecrisp

Post Number: 31
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 10:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This one was a crazy one.

The first thing I can remember was that I and other people were interacting with alien/divine type beings that existed behind the scenes, that normal people could not see or understand. Throughout this interaction, there were references to a 'datebook' containing dates where significant events would occur that would gradually avail these beings and the idea of a greater whole to the regular people. I believe one of these dates was 9/24/06, but couldn't remember the other ones. No clue as to what would happen on that date except something like a fire or an explosion of thought.

These beings had no specific look to them, just voices, odd floating objects, weird sci-fi looking creatures that would talk/float around the air. Vivid color though. :-)

After this meeting, another person and I were walking around town and started see odd creatures everywhere; eyeballs (literally) blinking at us in the sky, weird ball-ish walking creatures on the ground (think of the movie Critters/Invaders from Mars). Noone else could see them, just myself and this other person. We soon were told by someone claiming to be God (who looked like Santa Claus without the suit) that we could only see these extra things because we were dead/moved on. This saddened me greatly, I didn't want to be dead.

He understood our plight, and made a deal with someone other entity to give us time to do certain things we still wanted to do.

It was later that I remember encountering a woman I met at a recent party who I thought was attractive. Although she couldn't see me (I was dead), she was especially good at ESP and I slowly communicated to her who I was. Once she figured out that it was me, there was a shared relief/love that was so overwhelming that I miss it as I write this.

Near the end of the dream, I remember trying to get somewhere else in town to meet this woman again by 'thinking/floating' there, but it never worked, so I had to walk/run instead. Very frustrating. It was then that a reddish glow started to appear and I felt like the devil/the other entity was coming for me to take me back. This entity said something to the affect that it let me have this additional time. I yelled sarcastically at it, 'A bunch of good it has done, I can't even fly anywhere!'.

Then my darn alarm went off.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9840
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've been forgetting most of my dreams lately, but remembered the last one I had (immediately before waking) this AM: I was in a city and found a sort of half-way house for alien abductees that I was interested in joining. While I was going through the rest of the dream, I kept having to rush home again and again to deal with a terrible infestation of fleas in my house--it was like a 2nd dream that I was experiencing on another level.

There was a terrible parking problem in that neighborhood, so I was forced to deal with a very bizarre parking garage in order to visit the half-way house.

The garage was dark and dirty and smelly and had two levels--one was half below ground. The upper one had a high ceiling, but the windows were filthy and little light got in. Parking places were at a premium, since it wasn't very large for a parking garage. I'd often have to cruise around and around for up to 5 minutes to find a place.

My old (long-dead in Real Life) Border Collie, Boots, was usually with me. I worried constantly about his getting loose and lost or killed in the city traffic. One day when I couldn't find a parking place at all, someone told me to go outside the building and go up to the roof, where I'd find a small oval hole...I should sit down on the edge of it and slide down inside. When I did, I'd be given a black poker chip, which I could place in the center of an empty parking place to "hold" it.

I figured it was worth it and slid down with Boots on my lap. The tube we slid down was very odd--it was dark-surfaced and had flat white strips on which we slid. It seemed very familiar to me, but I couldn't remember when I'd been in it before. At the bottom, we went over to a raised counter where 2 unpleasant little men grudgingly gave me 3 (not one) black poker chips.

There was a sinister-looking dark metal rod sticking out from their booth. It had a sort of metal flower on it, on the end, and for some reason, Boots took a violent dislike to it and lunged at it, growling. I then had to apologize to the men, which irked me, since I disliked the rod too. It seemed as familiar as the long slide, but I couldn't think why.

I reserved a parking place with one of the poker chips and a female employee said something to me that upset me--she impugned my character or implied that I was unhelpful or something. To redeem myself, I helped her and another woman to lift a huge, very heavy pane of glass that I had a feeling we shouldn't be lifting at all.

Finally I got to the half-way house and got to meet the women there (there were no men at all). I liked them, although we kept miscommunicating. I decided to stay overnight--there were lots of beds. But in the morning, someone had let my dog out to run and I was hysterical, thinking he'd be hit by a car, but he was sitting right outside the door, waiting for me.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

Cerridwen
Username: isabella11

Post Number: 2038
Posted on Monday, April 24, 2006 - 2:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow, reading everyone's dreams make me feel kind of better. i dream vividly almost every night, though as of late, more dramatic. last night i found my most recently broken up with guy (he dumped me this time) having a lap dance with a jr high aged girl. This kind of plays into my not trusting him/him bending the truth/also being in europe at the moment doing god knows what (like it's my BUSINESS)....but in my dream I started screeching like that woman at the white house press conference in fury, and continued this screeching throughout the dream to anyone who would listen, people on the phone, you name it.

maybe i needed in RL to screech.