Archive through May 03, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through May 03, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie

Post Number: 289
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 7:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal takes Mark's art and tacks it up
personally !!

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5820
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 7:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Go to this site and hit "games" at the top.
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/thedavincicode/

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 852
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 2:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Though circumstances conspired to try to stop me, I managed to squeeze out a new bit of nice 'quickie' artwork to hang here.

It's not quite how I visualized it, but it *is* a nice start for a "one-sitting special"!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Lifesphere.jpg
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1429
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 3:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well here is a doodle that i did too and the art for the wall is always welcome.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/johnalbert1111/6171cc1f.jpg

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 853
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Neat! I'll have to try my hand at something in that style...
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 294
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 1:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Lab.. great fun..
I did a defrag and a scandisk..
betsy perked right up..
Take care Hugs

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5821
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 2:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hubby went back to hospital (another gall-bladder attack after eating carrots, skim milk, and rice.) No fatty to trigger it. They did an endoscopy, no ulcer, just some redness in esophagus from retching.
Poor guy. They don't want to do gall-bladder surgery due to blood thinners, but they may have to if this keeps up. What can I feed him that won't trigger? (They say liquid diet, but those have protein. He's between that rock and hard-place again.)

On the Da Vinci game did 14 of the puzzles in two days, so I'm caught up to the new one (it goes on until 21 May) with a new puzzle each day. It reminds me of IQ tests for Menza (which I wouldn't be able to do, not that logical) lots of puzzles, anagrams, codes, observations etc.

I played the previous one, when the novel came out, I was one of 46,000 people who were able to solve that puzzle (it only had about seven pieces) this one has 35.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 295
Posted on Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 4:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's really unfortunate..he must be miserable.
Surgery would be too risky if he's on blood thiners ..but whats supposed to fix him ??

Your a Wiz Lab..I played it this morning and
when I went back in it wouldn't load.Usually
on Sundays ( I live in an apartment ) if a lot
of people are on their system it just slows
down ..I'll try later..They are hard girl !
I'm nowhere and certainly will never
finish since I haven't even read the book..
but I like it..
and I will go see the movie..
They had the Judges code in yesterdays paper..
He wanted his fun too I guess :-)
Good luck with the game and taking care
of hubbie.. keep us posted.. Hugs

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5826
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 10:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Poor hubby, they are going to try and "dissolve" his 20 mm. stone, before going for it down the esophagus and duodenum, up the duct. They may have to do it though, his vagus nerve is getting irritated badly.
They gotta do something. (The nursing staff doesn't read the charts, they brought him a meal last night, hogie sandwich and potato chips, none of which he could eat. It's getting weird in the hospital.) He was supposed to be on liquid/soft diet (jello, fruit juice.) If he had eaten it, it would have triggered another attack. I'm so angry!!

One cappiccino with extra spike. Gotta stay awake.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 297
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 2:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Icecap to go Sal, joins Lab and gives her
a stress ball with Mr.Toms C's face
stensiled on it.
That way I get to feel good too :-)

I'm on day 5 of the quest..
took me 4 attempts to correctly spell
Leo's (Vman sketch) in Observation day 3
Sheesh !! but I'm hooked
I have it at work ...shussss.

Hope they can dissolve his stone.God thats
a huge stone.. Take care Lab..

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 302
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The Threads tell Sal it's time for friends
to drop in..

old-movies,trivia,stories,
mirrorball,jukebox,music,roller skating,
dancing,stories,squishies,other-movies,
blankies,teddies,popcorn,beers,
hot-todies,games,stories, beers,
dry-white wine,trivia,laughing,joking,
sleep overs,beers,and hot-todies,

brig,tandy,buddie,john,waxy,mark,
kathy,susi,pat,lab,nahn,gelf,partyghoast,
sheila ni-nag,

Sal has the registry book..? Nice if they all dropped by for a comment ?

What do you think John ??

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5828
Posted on Monday, May 01, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hubby's home, (finally) they didn't remove, just gave meds to dissolve and pain killers.

Hey, It's May Day, (Tra la, it's May the Lusty month of May, that darling month when everyone throws self-control away....) (Pops in DVD Camelot) Ah Richard Harris when he was young and singing....awwwww. (Remembering "MacArthur's Park" and sweet green icing flowing down.) Waxy aught to do one of those "cakes!!"

(Message edited by Leathab on May 01, 2006)

John

Post Number: 1444
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ya know we moved befor i got to do the maypole dance. actually thought the idea of the mayday dance was something lacking in other places in the country. Lab do they still do the the mayday dance in the spring every year?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5831
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 10:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

May pole dance was a "Beltane" ritual, (fertility dance) to encourage the planting and growth of food/animals/humans. Many babies were conceived in May (February births for Candlemas.)

When I was young, schools used to have the kids make tiny flower baskets to take home. Unfortunately, too many kids picked all the flowers from neighbors to hang the baskets on the doors, ring the door bell, and run away. It disappeared about the end of the 60's. (Then the "flower children" appeared and really celebrated all year long.)

"It's not easy being green..." Says Kermit. (Waves to Waxy.)

A filled donut, and four bean, please.

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 842
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 2:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB: I'm glad your husband is home and I hope things are doing better for him. *HUGS*

Buddy: I read it! I just haven't had alot to say lately, and I figure that if you can't say something positive, don't say anything at all.

PS: Tandy is now an Alaskan Bagle. I think that's a bagel with ice cream in the middle. I was looking up pics and knew she had either German Shepherd or Husky in her (she looks alot like our last dog) and when I saw some Husky shots, and some shots of Husky/Beagle crosses I just about died!

Wonder if she can pull a miniature sled?

Wonder if I'd even want to attempt that ...

I think I'll have espresso and an alaskan bagel instead!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5840
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 7:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Have you seen this missing "balloon" Mormon missionary? (A new business in Orem Utah, had a blow-up missionary as their advertising on the roof.)
http://www.abc4.com/local_news/local_headlines/story.aspx?content_id=4E9FF830-64 C7-433D-83E1-C89800E31902
If you've seen him, they'd like their "companion" back!!

(Giggle.)

Brighid

Post Number: 843
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

He was called to Heaven by the Lord. His mission is over.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12713
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 8:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

gimmie a cold one, i need to chill.

i was just watering and a tiny hummer tried to fly through the spray. bath time. how cool.

getting real hot here in the old pueblo. whew. and it ain't even the peak yet.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 309
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 8:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi . Brig need Tandy's new picture.
How cool Susi I adore humming birds..
are in Colorado?
Lab..for real you did Earth dances?
Beltane ritual ? God that would have
been so sweet to grow up with.
So much I don't understand coming from
here..

susi t learn

Post Number: 12715
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 9:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

colorado? me?

no, tucson.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 855
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 9:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

With all the gas-price stuff in the news, we need a new Celt holiday called "Octane"

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5843
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 9:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Did I do earth dances?? Let's see, play "Close to you" by the Carpenters and we'll see.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 856
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks to John for the inspiration. The name "Metatron" popped into my head yesterday, so it seemed an apt choice for title*

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Metatron.jpg

*Among the relatively-few angel names I've read, still my fave. It always sounded like a comic-book sentient supercomputer to me...

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 310
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 4:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy metatron is really really cool.Love it.

Sheesh..Lab it was all that May pole talk..
my perception of you almost changed to
some Earth Mother type ?? :-)

Tuson..NO..the wild wild west?
Hottie cowboys ?

moonhowler
Advanced Member
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 483
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 7:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB, glad hubby home and hanging in there. With some rest and the proper food and meds he'll probably do just fine, and get rid of that nasty stone.

We did the May Day Maypole dance in Coconut Grove when I was a kid. But a new preacher come ta' town 'n we wuz made ta' stop doin' it. He said it were a Pagan ritual and shame on us for doing it in the public school. Man, what a stink he made. Well, he was a stinky man anyway!

Going to bed in a minute, but how about some more grits with real butter and maybe some raspberry jelly (not preserves) on toast?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.
... Irish Proverb
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5847
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It is sad that all the enjoyable 'pagan' traditions brought over from various countries, can no longer be participated in, due to over-zealous bible-thumpers. May Day was smirched by it being Russia's major holiday, (another reason it probably was gotten rid of) and they're trying to ruin Halloween.

(My kids enjoyed the marches around the school and choosing the characters they wanted to be (one son picked Max Headroom, now that was a real challenge, got "gold" makeup and slicked his hair up.))

But now, many schools are not longer "celebrating" Halloween. Merry Christmas was removed from advertising, they frequently write in newspapers all the tree decorations symbolized in pagan worship. Soon there won't be trees allowed in homes. Easter also has it's pagan roots, as does Thanksgiving, will they soon be attacked and left behind?

The joy and fun of celebration and feasting are slowly being lost to the "muggle" mentality of "all work and no play."

So, find some way to "play" today, if only in your imagination, that "daydream" is a powerful force for good!!

(Grabs a cream-cheese and nut bagel, a cuppa joe and runs.)

susi t learn

Post Number: 12719
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i have fond memories of dancing around the maypole as a kid. we did it at school. my mom used to make my clothes and i would always have a pretty dress to wear for the occasion. my favorite was a lavendar dotted swiss with a full skirt and big sash. remember that style? yeah, early 50's.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5849
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Did you have a "poodle" on your felt skirt? (Mine was pink poodle on grey skirt.) Lots of crenoline to keep it "outward." Remember skinning knees because girls wore dresses to school until the late 60's. No trousers allowed.) No protection for the legs/knees. Still have the pavement scars.

(Message edited by Leathab on May 03, 2006)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5858
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The "air-filled" missionary has come home.
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,635204471,00.html

Brighid

Post Number: 844
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

He was denied access to heaven?

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5859
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe he was the wrong "species??" Vinyl plastic isn't the right DNA.

John

Post Number: 1451
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 1:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

maybe he was the one that showed up at my dore...

that is too funny lab.

he was probebly too full of wind. well you know what i mean.

pore guys in the navy blue suits.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9908
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[Pat flies in, lands haphazardly on a counter stool and begs for a triple iced mocha to go]

Guys, I've missed you all SO MUCH! But I'm so thrice-cursedly busy this month that I've almost given up on keeping up-to-date on most of my favorite threads here Still, this too shall pass and I must hold firm in my wooly mind the belief that one day I shall again spend prodigious amounts of time at this board, free of both guilt and stress....sounds like heaven to me right now....[sigh]

L. A. B., I'm so glad to hear that your hubby is home from the hospital--!!! To me, they're places to go as a last resort and can no longer go without medical intervention, but I doubt that people really begin to recover in a meaningful way until they're home in familiar surroundings.

Waxy, love your Metatron pic. Makes me want to get back to doing visionary art again--maybe this summer. And your quote above--With all the gas-price stuff in the news, we need a new Celt holiday called "Octane" made me LOL
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5861
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey now, John!! (We know the secrets, about the "wind" even after the poor missionaries leave, and one is a member.)

It is better to be home and recovering then expecting hospitals to even read one's chart!!! (Horror stories, even for simple things!!) Stay out of the system if at all possible. They cannot read and write anymore!! It's very scary.

Brighid

Post Number: 845
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 6:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Since I can't draw anything on the computer, and don't have a scanner, I can't compete with everyone else.

However, as promised:

TANDY PICTURES

The Princess and the Kong

Her Majesty's Bed

In the Flowers

And, most importantly:

The Stick

and... The Stick

--From Harley

susi t learn

Post Number: 12736
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 6:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

aw, she looks so sweet.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 313
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 7:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal's happy she has her fav.people at the Cafe.
( No more Sal lines for buddie she was fired )

Pat you look crazy busy.Finds lost(wind tossed) hat..puts on Pats head..that looks nice.

Susi now that's a memory with beautiful detail

Moonh.I think Sal put you down as party ghost?
Too many"out-there names"she got it mixed up

Lab.."trousers" lol?
OMG! Elder Buns? steal him and strip him.
For real? Slow Cop day in Orem..
I can't help the image ..
Smokey and the Bandit..
Swear to G.thats about the funniest thing
I've read this year.

No comment on Our Traditions being Nixed.
except where I live it's not because we
are too busy..oopps..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5864
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 7:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

They found the 'missing' missionary balloon, slightly damaged and deflated on the campus of BYU. (Guess they thought it would be funny.)

Love the puppy pix. Have a three-legged kitty.
http://img446.imageshack.us/img446/1117/cat56jm.jpg

John

Post Number: 1453
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ya i am sorry lab, it seems one time a member aways a member whearther i like it or not. it heritage too.

no harm meant

john

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 318
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I posted last night it was college students
but cancelled it..it is funny..OMG..
It did not hurt his store "perhaps" it was staged??
Not going to look ..3 legged cats sniff..sniff...thanks
What about "trousers"..lol..I'm sorry.
Thats what you faught against.I would
have worn dresses too.Never Trousers..

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9911
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My monsters:

Widdershins, the 3-legged Wonder Cat

Shadow Who Is Here To Test Me....

Nimitz my favorite gray

What a day....I think I need a beer and an escapist movie--how about the first released "Star Wars" movie? And some salted nuts. And a stuffie and some blanket space beside Brighid and Tandy. And if I fall asleep, let me snooze
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

susi t learn

Post Number: 12740
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, if you have the urge to share my space, let you be warned....i cuddle. :-)

never go to bed mad...stay up and plot your revenge

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 319
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brig..I stole the last photo for my wall.
She's beautiful and I work with a lot of
animal lovers.. Are you sure she's not
part great dane..
Look at the Size of her paws in the
last photo ??
Thanks buddie Hugs

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9914
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 9:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, there are days when a cuddle is the only thing that I crave, but my current crop of friends tend not to be cuddlers, unfortunately.

If I snore too loud and drown out the soundtrack, just make me roll over

susi t learn

Post Number: 12741
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

speaking of snoring...tonight is the first night the kid gets to wear his hannibal lector mask.

i'm afraid he'll pull it off during the night, or cat from hell will chew through the hose...but we're going to try it.

susano
Username: susano

Post Number: 4586
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Can somebody tell me, in 25 words or less, what this thread is about?

"Atrocities are not less atrocities when they occur in laboratories and are called medical research."
- George Bernard Shaw

Brighid

Post Number: 846
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*SNUGGLES with Tandy and Susi and Patricia*

LOVE the animals! All of them! I'm an absolute cat lover!

We really have no idea what she is but from what the vets say... she definitely is beagle... her legs (though longer than one) are definitely bassett and her body is longer than a beagle like a bassett's would be... as for those paws! You're right, OMG they're huge! But her coat is Alaskan Husky.

She's... a mutt. *Nods* But I'd never tell her that.

Mutts are the bestest!

*Gives Tandy extra puppy-noogies to make up for using the "M" word*

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5869
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's home, it's a cafe in the middle of chaos, a place to unwind. Pull up a stool and pour Susano a cuppa joe (any particular latte you like?) It's the cafe at the end of the Universe (Doug Adams.)

Brighid

Post Number: 847
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*sings loudly, and purposefully horribly off-key*

WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAAAAAAME!

AND THEY'RE ALWAYS GLAD YOU CAAAAAME!

--From Harley

susi t learn

Post Number: 12743
Posted on Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i always tease the kid-in 'cheers' when norm walks in everyone yells NORM!

well, when bryn goes to the emergency room, they all yell BRYN!