Archive through April 29, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through April 29, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

moonhowler
Advanced Member
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 474
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 3:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pie? Ok, sounds good. Key Lime, please, or banana cream.

susi t - I was just having a bad day. No worries. Concerned Artie, but Artie is off to the other side of the world now, so we'll hear from him again in a while. I DO like that man.

Just wanted to come in here where there are usually warm fuzzies to go around. Thanks LAB for the relaxing sounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.
... Irish Proverb

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12627
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lemon merangne for me. my mom used to make the best. every time i try my merangne is about one eighth of an inch high. lol

i used to eat lunch at an amish restaurant when i delivered mail. they had the best butterscotch pie. oh drool....

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie

Post Number: 245
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

1963 Free Spirit model Rent-a-Wreck..
Comes with Instruction manual. :-)

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5802
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Been at the hospital with hubby (again) this time he had a "gall bladder" attack that triggered a heart attack (minor) he had a stint put in during the angiogram (turned into an angeoplasty.) Only one vein was occluded, thank heaven. He felt better immediately.

However, when they gave him food a few minutes ago, it triggered more pain, so he may have to have gall-bladder surgery too.

Ah well, just another day in the life of moi!!

susi t learn

Post Number: 12634
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 5:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh poor lab and hubby....here's to quick healing.

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 836
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 7:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, LAB! So sorry to hear about your husband! Best wishes to him for a speedy recovery! And *HUGS* for you!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5805
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you, will go up tonight to see "what the plan" is. (Either come home tomorrow and return for the gall-bladder, or rip it out while he's there...)

Interesting fact: His father died at age 63 of a heart attack back in 1964 (no stints, no 911, nothing.) Flash forward 42 years, son is 64, has probably the same thing, survives. We live in interesting times.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 246
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 8:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh Lab Thank heavens your hubbie will be OK.
You take care of yourself too..Hugs !!

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 248
Posted on Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey!!
its'the first time in 14 years the Canadian
dollar is above 89 cents US..
Drinks and Pie are on me .. :-)

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 831
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 5:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey buddie, sing to us about yooouuurrrr nayyyy-aaaa-tiiivvveee aaaa-laaannndddd...

Waxy used to watch some hockies years ago an' there was this Renny Ran-Core guy an' he would sing about the spangly banner and ouuurrrr nayyyy-aaaa-tiiivvveeee aaaa-laaannndddd before the guys hit each other for the rubber ding-dong and it was fun and funny and Waxy liked it!
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 251
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 8:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy.. way cool memory EH !! :-)
I must remember that guy's voice also.
Man when that NHL music came on if
one of us girls made a peep my
brother and dad would give that look!
Anyway it was a serious matter wasen't it
The Anthem ..Think Roseanne Barr..

Brighid

Post Number: 837
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*walks in looking like a zombie*

Coooofffeeeeeee, need coooooffffeeeeeee....

Dad watches Curling ...

He likes to watch the girls. *giggles*

84 and he's still going, and going, and going...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5806
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Pour that latte thick, triple!!) Need some sugar, pass the napoleons. (Have come to the conclusion that all Drs. are asbergers, they have "one" script memorized, and when you ask questions, they go on "tilt." Very bizarre.) Flash me those eggs and bacon, Sal, need the protein.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 839
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brighid - what is it about curling that brings out the tiger in Pop? [looks on eagerly]

L.A.B., save room for Waxy's chili!
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 252
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brig..That's cute...now I know the audience responsible for keeping Curling on TV..

Lab,hope Doc didn't "rip" ( Squirm..Squirm )
anything out.I hear many people say that same
thing though,and we're their commodity
go figure?

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 253
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 1:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Susi..off work today and finally listened
to Car Wheels..I forget your fav..no matter..
I think I lost it..OMG !!I Love it..
The whole CD is just perfect. Whoa..

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9867
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 1:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L. A. B., that's an interesting insight about doctors--many of them are strange critters and that just might go a long way toward explaining their quirks. And I'm so glad to hear that your mate made it through the crisis! Gallbladder pain is no fun at all, so I hope they yank it, if he's up to it. Life without one is manageable and the required cutting way down on fats will be good for his arteries, too.

You may have noticed that when here at Sal's I eat all the no-no's I can get my hands on, since in virtual form, they're ever so much less bad for me. And on that note, I'll have a plateful of fried sausages and homefried potatos, with a hot cornmeal muffin smothered in real butter on the side [the sound of arteries hardening is heard in the background]
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 3794
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Patricia, didn't you have gall bladder sugery? Or maybe it was Nomie.

Brighid

Post Number: 838
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 2:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddy: Yeah, old men! LOL

I, myself, have yet to figure out the purpose of Curling ... however, I have yet to figure out the purpose of many things ... many of them sports related.

--From Harley

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9869
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, gelf--I am gallbladderless and doing fine, just careful what I eat. And nomie had it too.

Brighid, sports are a mystery to me, too--I used to try very hard to at least understand their importance, but finally gave up. Obviously, on whatever planet/dimension I'm from, sports don't exist. Or, if I'm truly from Earth, my sports gene must have been accidentally deleted at conception or something
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

Brighid

Post Number: 839
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 3:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG We're Sports-Disabled! *DIES*

Can I get a car sticker for that? (Good Only for Parking in All Sporting Events)

--From Harley

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 254
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 3:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I hear you ladies..but I do get into a hockey game
if the Toronto Mapleleafs are " winning"
Which gives me many years of no sports.:-)
Poor Leafies!!
Waxy it's the skirts in curling..next to
Big Burly Hairy Scot's throwing sabers ..I don't
think any sport offers that...
I could be wrong..Brig ?? hee..heee

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5809
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 4:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Waxy, have something special for ya!

"Recently, the Psychic Hotline and Psychic Friends Network have launched hotlines for frogs. Here is the story of one frog and his discussing with his psychic.

A frog telephones the Psychic Hotline and is told, "You are going to meet a beautiful young girl who will want to know everything about you."

The frog says, "This is great! Will I meet her at a party, or what?"

"No," says the psychic. "You'll meet next semester in her biology class."

Hubby can't seem to get out of the hospital, (it takes three Docs to sign off and they cannot come to a concensus, one says no surgery for at least three weeks ( 2 cardialogists) go out, the G.I. man says they can do it with cardialogist being in surgery, stay in. It's Friday and no Doctor is in office on weekends from Friday to Sunday, hospital is on half-staff (with interns and residents who cannot do anything without supervision), all surgery is done only on Monday thru Thursday, and my frustration levels are rising. (Can anyone hear me screaming yet!!!!)

More sugar, brownies, cookies, coke, anything!!

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 413
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB, if he's otherwise able to leave (besides the gall bladder question), call his primary doc (who should be coordinating all this anyway) and inform her/him that he is signing out, that he will do so AMA (against medical advice) if they don't discharge him. when they are ready to prep him for the gall bladder surgery they can readmit him. this should be a matter of what is best for your hubbie, not what's most convenient for the hospital staff.

never stay in a hospital longer than you need to. new things can go wrong. i think the foreign systems where a family member sleeps beside the patient are much smarter than ours.

and no, not *all* docs are Aspies. in fact, a lot of them are just plain old fashioned pri**s. and then there are the exceptions that make the rule...

hey Sal, could i just get a caffeine fix, please? head spinning from day over-full of fractious kids. i'll settle for a double 'spresso.

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 3796
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 5:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Not to mention all the strange bugs floating around in the hospital with all the sickies.

I can't believe my BF's younger sister had to go to the hospital yesterday for what they said was a 'pre-stroke'. I think they meant one of those transient thingies. That's not a good sign. And she's only like 34.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5812
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 6:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Update: They finally "revealed" what was going on (maybe my ranting worked??) Hubby is throwing more "enzymes" in his blood (meaning heart damage) and they are watching to see if another stint is required or if the medication will kick in and they will go down (they informed him he is one of the 5% that something goes awry.) Also, they finally admitted that his primary-care physician goofed by not reading the first ultra-sound that revealed the gall-stones, hubby should not have had the fatty meal that triggered the gall-stone/heart attack. (Oh for crying out loud, if people would just do their jobs.) Who can I sue?? Who can I choke?? He didn't have to have any of this, (except maybe gall-bladder surgery, but he may have heart-attacked during it, so maybe it was for the best.) Anywhoo, they are thinking of going in through the mouth, stomach up the "tubes" into the gall-bladder to remove the stones (the hard way) only problems is if they poke wrong he could bleed out (due to blood-thinners for the stint) but if they don't he could have another heart attack from the pain of the stones. (He's between a rock and a hard place.) So there he sits in hospital, probably until MONDAY, when they do these procedures. ARGH!!!! Blankity, blank blank blank!!!! (Ain't life grand, someone pour some hard liquor into my caramel latte!!)

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1424
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ill pour you some spirits but not liqure. Oh this is terible for you and him please know that i am sending positive energy to you and your husband.

its exasperating dealing with the system. if any one has some divine conections please use them. if you can.

any way good thoughts go out to you.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5814
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks John, appreciate it.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12641
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 7:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

everything will work out for the best positive result. hang in there.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 261
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 7:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sniff..Sniff..
Plays A1..For Lab
LEAN ON ME!!

Lean on me .when your not strong ,
I know someone you can Lean on !!
whats the next line??

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 262
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry lab nobody knows Lean on me.
So it's Cornell Crawford..

I aint never gonna love nobody but
Cornell Crawford.
he's the one who turns me on
he's gonna pick me up in his pick up truck
take me down the road to have a little fun

chorus

I ain't never gonna love nobody like
Cornell Crawford

Lab your not mad ??

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 264
Posted on Friday, April 28, 2006 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I mean don't be angry at me ..
Take care

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5815
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I love "lean on me" it's an oldie but a goodie, thanks Buddie, been up to the hospital. Sorry.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9874
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gods, L. A. B.--I've been in situations much like yours so many times, but I never get used to them and I never emerge a lot wiser, either. Hospitals are miserable places, filled with people who are sick and people who are trying to do their jobs so they can go home, hemmed in on all sides by rules and regulations and terrified of being sued. When something goes right, I rejoice and try to believe that my luck has turned, but then something always goes wrong and I realize that I was just lucky. Momentarily.

Just know that we're there with you in spirit and wish we could do something to make the experience easier and more bearable. And try not to have a stroke yourself over all the snafus, for heaven's sake! The only thing that got me through the gallbladder mess was my iPod--I played my music and tried not to stress. It's the lack of control, I think, that gets to me the worst when I'm a patient...drives me nuts. I really, really feel for your hubby. And for you. Pop in here and decompress--there's nothin' like a stiff virtual drink or some gourmet virtual chocolate to relax a body

John, I need a big bowl of icecream to end my day--mint chocolate chip. And make it the green kind, with dark, dark chocolate hunks in it

John

Post Number: 1425
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 1:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey Pat I followed your advice and it made all the difference in my painting. Its oils but it worked! the drying is murder. I even sold that painting and have painted 2 more (a diptych). my leaves are amazing I really enjoyed this painting exercise. I really paired down my brushes and just used a "loose drawing." just waiting for the one to dry to add the lights.

one huge bowl of mint dark chocolate chunk coming right up.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 847
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 2:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy saw a little on the Limpics (he laffed at the Swedish voices) but didn't see no skirts! Maybe they are not allowed huh?}

moonhowler
Advanced Member
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 476
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 6:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thinking about you LAB, and making prayers for you and hubby. Probably the best place for him over the weekend IS in the hospital, so he will HAVE to stay quiet and not be tempted to get up and mess around the house. Just make super sure that the nurses, aids, techs and anyone else who touches him or his "stuff" puts on their gloves in his presence (or yours). Staff sometimes put on a pair of gloves to protect themselves, but go from patient to patient and somehow think that the gloves are going to protect the patients, too. No way, Jose. Don't be afraid to speak up about the glove issue. It is very important. (As a patient who got MRSA twice, I will be exceptionally careful if I ever have to be hospitalized again. MRSA = Methicillin Resistant Staph. aureus = pneumonia!)

So, John, could you rustle up a double portion of grits, with real butter on top, a couple of eggs over easy and four strips of bacon? If Patricia can eat virtual fatty foods, I think I'll join in, if that's OK, Patricia.

Susi t, you are a good person.

Boy, am I hungry!
The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.
... Irish Proverb

susi t learn

Post Number: 12652
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 9:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

back at ya!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 849
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy is excared of medical stuffs! Please talk about OOBEs and Aliens and happy chocolate desserts!

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 266
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 10:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was Happyly in the middle of an OBE when 3 Little Red headed Aliens came over and shared their Happy Meal with me ..

No skirts allowed in the Olyp.games.You will just have to start watching the sport for that elusive
moment like Brigs Dad,,

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5816
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Has anyone been playing the "Da Vinci Code" movie game? Stayed up last night and got through lots of the puzzles. Seems one has to be a member of Menza (not I) to really solve the whole thing. Very weird. The "observation" one, second day is nuts, can't see what they are talking about!!!

One Latte to go, heading to hospital, hubby is still a prisoner. ARGH!!

John

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you bet ya moonhowler.

you know I can not eat chocolate at all in any form. it just does terrible things to me in all ways imaginable. aye!

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 267
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB..Can you rent it..love to try it..
Blessings to you all...stay calm..

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9876
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 2:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, try the *virtual* chocolate here at Sal's--I'll bet it agrees with you much, much better

L. A. B., I'm not much into games, but I do have an interest in the DaVinci Code and belong to a Yahoo list on the Priory of Sion, so all sorts of bits and pieces of arcane info on that subject are floating around in my brain...what's left of it. It's a shame we can't set up a telepathic link so that you could tap it, since I'm not doing anything much with it

John, I'm so glad your painting is going well That's wonderful! Since you asked my about your Calla Lily painting, each time I see one of the flowers on my walks, I think of you and wonder how the project is coming

moonhowler, please do join me in my virtual fat feast--just think, if we stick around long enough, there will probably be computers we can jack into (a la cyberpunk) and actually experience the taste of that delicious fatty food on our tongues! (well, in our brains, actually)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5818
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's only done online, millions are doing it (I guess) to promote the movie, it will be over, when it comes out May 19th. Weird games.

Hubby is home, not real happy finding out what foods he cannot have (protein triggers gall-bladder attacks so he has to modify, no nuts, beans, chicken even, or in very tiny portions.) Also lower sodium and skim milk. He's real pleased.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 277
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 5:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh..I can't do it ..system is living on
it's last legs..:-)

Oh well send him to visit Pat she can give him advice ..GRRRR..
Hey Tell him Healthy or Dead.HUNBUN !!

It could be worst,I'm breathing easier for you.
My Father died from a mass Heartattack just
before supper..Not Fun..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5819
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It doesn't store in your computer, it stores on google.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 282
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 6:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

How So ..go to Google??
If so say exactly what I should use?
xo

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2088
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 6:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...new little cybersketch I...did, you know, for the wall:

Abstract Earth #1

*mark drops a new Jefferson nickel in the jukebox*
--and out comes the soothing sounds of the Pussycat Dolls...

Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me
Don't you wish your girlfriend was a freak like me...

Hmmm. Saw it on Soul Train... then
Heineken thought it was cool enough to use in their recent TV beer commercial.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 288
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 7:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal's is a place for Dreamers too,
chucks a squisshy to Mark