Archive through April 20, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through April 20, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 790
Posted on Sunday, April 16, 2006 - 11:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Patricia, actually that is the member of the Tadpole family nobody ever talks about. We all just look at each other nervously...
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

buddie
Intermediate Member
Username: buddie

Post Number: 167
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 7:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat if you ever have the time, I for one
would love to see Lily ,alone or with
wings.
Good luck with the art show. I Love your
past fantasy work.

Helps Sal pack away Easter decorations,
and gobbles up the last of the white chocolate.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 4:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab I have to laugh
sometimes I find myself posting
within seconds or minutes of your posts.
My old system is slowing dowwwn!!

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 806
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Note to self: Never try and get revenge on the puppy for waking you up at Godaweful hours of the morning by taking her out and playing her hard and roughhousing...

*Holds her still bleeding tooth-punctured finger*

Lots of chocolate please?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 180
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 6:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What happened.Take chocolate For you..It's toxic to dogs in real life..
Tell story Bridget

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 182
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 7:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy

Huggs..Squeese..John and I love You !!

Brighid

Post Number: 807
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 9:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay, now that I can type again.

Someone (*coughDADcough*) has been spoiling Tandy that she can't go into the back yard alone to go out. Being that she's a nine-month-old puppy, she tends to like to play... alot. Being that she's a hound, she tends to be ADHD about sniffing. So, you not only have to take her out, you have to keep reminding her she's out there to go to the bathroom (even at Midnight or 5 am). Sometimes that doesn't work.

I, myself, am nocturnal by nature and have had to reform my sleeping habits for first my Dad, now the puppy. (This, for some reason, makes me unusually cranky at 5,6,7 am, even with espresso.)

SO!

Today I get the bright idea, "Hey, let's take the puppy out and wear her out this afternoon so she'll be all happy that she played for 20 minutes and perhaps worn out the rest of the day!"

I should never try and be logical. Ever. *Points to her blonde roots*

We go out to play.

We play!

I throw the stick. She runs to get it. Tandy, however, does not get the concept of "bring back the bloody stick"... au contraire!

I throw the stick. She runs to get it. I run after her and have to try and nab it from her again as she runs around the yard. Good fun exercise for all!

Until you try and take the stick!

Now usually this is a relatively harmless game (except for me, whose out of shape, and could well have cardiac arrest for going over 1 MPH).

Not today!

Today I try and grab the stick, she tries to grab it back, and I end up with a nine-month-old eye-tooth in my middle finger (I'd hold it up and show you, but people'd get the wrong idea).

I immediately grab said finger and note that the pain goes down to the bone right below the ridge of the cuticle. Without preamble I turn around, using words a sailor would be shocked with, and walk slowly to the house, turning around only once to the puppy to inform her that today's play-time has come to a quick end after five minutes.

Then, I take care of said owie.

THEN!

I discover that you can't type with a bandage-covered square of cotton stuff over your finger. Hence, my short post before deciding I needed a nap to let said owie quit bleeding enough that I could remove said bandage-covered cotton square.

Now, I am off to dinner... where Dad is preparing steak... steak which, after being eaten by us humans, will go to said puppy, who is in the process of being spoilt rotten by said Dad.

End of Tale.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 792
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 11:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi, everybody. I know I said I wouldn't be here anymore, but something just drew me back. Actually, it is the decency of most of the people here. After reading a few message boards elsewhere,I realized this is the best place to be.

I won't be around a lot, but I will stop in from time to time. I am in the process of changing-this is why I posted on the Art Bell thread. In a way I seem to be doing the same thing-leaving my past behind, although i am not quite sure why. I have been burning a lot of bridges.

Something big is on my horizon, and I can't make it out as yet. I feel it, though, and I am busy preparing myself. My forty days in the desert.

So for now, I am still here, although not quite as often,and, since I am hypersensitive, any criticism will make me run away,so it is best that I keep most of my thoughts and opinions to myself for the time being. I will just keep my posts to a minimum. I do enjoy reading all of yours, though.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9781
Posted on Monday, April 17, 2006 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ouch! Brighid, that must hurt like the very dickens! Be sure you keep putting fresh antibiotic and a fresh bandaid on it a couple of times a day--there's nothing like a puncture wound from a dog or cat tooth to get infected fast (and that's the voice of experience talking). And LOTS of chocolate, of course--it's full of antioxidents

Then there's my poor niece, who was cleaning around a heating vent the other day and caught her finger nail on a projecting bit of metal and it *ripped the nail right off*--! Owies all over the place today!

kathy, I'm so glad to see you back again! I hope that when this period of change is past, that you still want to hang out here. I agree about this being a really nice community.

Waxy, I'll bet you do that with the ones from the polluted ponds that are born with 2 tails, too, right?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

Brighid

Post Number: 808
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 2:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Kathy! *HUGS* Welcome back!

Patricia: And LOTS of chocolate, of course--it's full of antioxidents

Then... I, too, must be FULL of antioxidents (*says the blonde who has no idea what they are, except from commercials that say its good for you*) I can think of many things worse to be full of! *eyes the backyard that Dad said he wanted to tend to, and notes that its definitely full of it*

--From Harley

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 3739
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 5:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Now usually this is a relatively harmless game (except for me, whose out of shape, and could well have cardiac arrest for going over 1 MPH)."

I know what you mean!

Hi Kathy!

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 183
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 6:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab I come across one of your posts where you mentioned "gork or gorking"
Thanks!! now I know what it means.I was skipping over it in the book ?
Once I was in there I just had to speak ! so unlike me ? ..sheesh !!
somebody muzzle me now..

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5691
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 8:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's Grok (Stranger from a Strange Land, Heinlein) and it was very popular in the early 70's (way before your time, probably.) Great book, (looks at the empty shelf and puts that and Angels and Demons, Brown leaning against each other.)

Glad you like us a bit, Kathy. Changes on the path are always a struggle, perhaps that's why it takes so long. You're always welcome.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 792
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 8:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

EEK! HELP! L.A.B. is being groovy! HELP!!!

Speaking of antioxidants, Waxy has become fond of the medicinal properties of Olive Leaf Extract...
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Brighid

Post Number: 810
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 9:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I totally Grok that, man.

Church of All Worlds (a pagan community) was formed around the concepts of Heinlein's book...

I won't go much further on that one.

--From Harley

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 793
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Two pics to keep John satisfied while the ol' Muse continues to "cooper-ate":

The first one was done way back when all I had was a program called DrawPlus. I was in a somewhat "astral" mood that evening :

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Waxpell.gif

Speaking of fantasy, I drew this for my sister awhile back for use as an embroidery pattern (I should ask if she ever did anything with it). The color was added in PSP:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Figure-8DragonColorizedII.jpg

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1363
Posted on Tuesday, April 18, 2006 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

waxy that first image makes me think so much. and so much I would like to comment on but I better not and its not negative what I think about that picture either. Wow. dude I think your connected.

lessons in balance.

cool

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5698
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 12:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Always kind of wondered about the "Church of All Worlds" (wonder if they eat each other after THEY die??) Sorry, John, (looks at Sal's menu) soilant green just doesn't appear here but I did find the cook book "How to Serve Humans" (puts on the old Twilight Zone DVD.)
Ah, the voice of Rod Serling always gave me shivers and enjoyment, so velvety!!

Brighid

Post Number: 811
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Triple Caramel Mocha and a chocolate muffin please.

I had friends in CAW (Church of All Worlds) when I lived in the same area they were in (Mendocino County.) Many of them are really nice people, actually. I don't necessarily agree with their tenants, however they were a wealth of neo-pagan knowledge!

--From Harley

John

Post Number: 1365
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 2:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

whats the "Church of All Worlds" and why do they eat people?

soilent green eeooo!

look it might be something if i get this post to go through it would seem that some of my posting is crashing the puter. it getting real anoying. I have something to ask but now i dont know if i should. it seems that weird is all.

reading about the druids it might have something to do with that. one never knows where the UC will take them.

not spell checking this just to see if it works sorry for the mistakes. instead of creative writeing i went to creative spelling.

John

Post Number: 1366
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 2:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

were they the ones in Tales of the City meeting to feast on the foot? bluck!

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 184
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 6:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I know of the book and the song..
Leon Russell "Stranger in a strange land"
But I think I have the wrong word ?
It's something in Bewilderment ..well she tends to make up her own words.

must gork the people eating posts now ???

Brighid

Post Number: 812
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LOL NOOOOOO It's too early for this!!

*grabs her espresso and rolls back over in the blankets, covering her head from everyone, even Tandy!*

--From Harley

Brighid

Post Number: 814
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Church of All Worlds

--From Harley

Brighid

Post Number: 815
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stranger in a Strange Land

Stranger in a Strange Land Quotes

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5702
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I GROK Spock. (Was an old Trekker phrase.)

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 185
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 1:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

:-)
HOLY LINKS !!!

did Spock GROK every 7 years ?
I'm getting confused on these issues ... :-)

Brighid

Post Number: 816
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 4:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If Vulkans "Groked" every seven years, and if I were a Vulkan, I'd be way overdue.

--From Harley

John

Post Number: 1371
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 5:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

weird it refers to "dune" like mythose and dogmology.

I would probebly gork that book. still have not made it through my asmernoff yet.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 186
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Vulkans take their time at many things so I just figured "Groking" would be the same thing.
The only thing I'm sure of is ,I don't like the word Grok! :-)

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 187
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Drops back in to Veg ! Not much ZZZ's & need sleep.
They removed THAT post "yesterday" ??
and the flowers are finally dyeing..Relief!!

Too chicken to read anything like
"angles & demons" I've seen the book
many times but ????

Sal has a fresh batch of "sour dough"? biscuts and her famous French Onion soup.Yuumm.

Need to hear"Paradise by the Dash Board light"
from Bat out of Hell on Ole Juke !!
:-) much better !

It's a teddy blankie early evening!
Stranger in a strange land will immediately
follow Bewilderment when finished & Whitley's new release.

Sal misses everyone but keep it to a Dull Roar!
Sal said !

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 796
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 7:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OOH, John, why no comment? Waxy likes feedback on his weirdnesses. Or is it something too profound to make public?

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 188
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 8:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

perks up someone is here.I like the dragon.
That tadpole well thats just you.
your a cross between Homer and Kirmit..
Is there something profound going on .
I have a need to know and a doctor prescribed time released deadline .

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 189
Posted on Wednesday, April 19, 2006 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG!! Your the DayGlow Worm !!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9789
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 1:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, my favorite Meatloaf song is playing!!! Always loved "Paradise By The Dashboard Light"

When I was younger, I grokked Spock in a big way! My first year of college (1966) everyone on campus was reading "Stranger In A Strange Land" and when Star Trek came on, the campus was *empty*--everyone was parked in front of a TV set

Wild art, Waxy--I really like the idea of that dragon as a needlework pattern.

Note to buddie--Grok is a verb--to grok is to deeply understand and be attuned to someone/something. Pon far is a noun--a time of mating.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

John

Post Number: 1372
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 1:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I pose the question who would you pon far? better make it count because its going to be 7 years untill you get to do it again.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 190
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 5:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat I grok now !! :-)
I would be a bad news Vulkan.
John !! not going there :-)

When Bat out of Hell was released ..Boy it
was Huge in Canada.I knew every song before
I went to see the concert.But what a surprise
when I did.I had no idea (I forget his name now)
was also in theatre..One of the best concerts
ever..and when they performed Dash board light
it was unbelievable..

Brighid

Post Number: 817
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 9:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I -Love- Meatloaf, and I adore that chick that sings with him. What a voice!

I don't pon far, but I do long for!

Who made mornings so early? They should be shot.

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5710
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 12:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Anyone kiss a camel lately??
[IMG]http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/3741/camelkiss4ha.jpg[/IMG]
Poor Waxy. We love your stuff.
Pour me the usual with some huesvos ranchero.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 191
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 2:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

the day's not over YET ..
:-)

John

Post Number: 1374
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ya we do love waxy"s pics hope he posts more.

fascinating.......

buddy it was a joke. BTW Sal loves a noisy room and likes to hear people having a good time.

BTW we like lab's work too and would like to see some more portraitures some time soon.

John

Post Number: 1375
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 6:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey Patricia, I am painting calla lilies and I donít know what I am doing wrong. the color is so subtle that I think I am using too big a brush or something. what kind and what size of brush do you use and do you stick to a strict color pallet or do you do the glazing technique with layers of color. any advice would help. my art is traditionally blocky and bold and kind of funky and I just have trouble with subtlety.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 192
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 6:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was kidden too John I ROFLMAO when I read it :-)

Waxy you know we love your stuff.I was only
playing but your "who will cry for pic" looks
like that little "glow worm guy" so CUTE.

Brig,tomorrow I won't be here early see what
you can stirr up :-)

Lab,John,Brig ??
I'm going to sneak this in here I don't want
to ask in Philosopy..donnawa's article ??

I'm totally naive to literature on Programming.
In years I have never read something so confounded.It's the sodomy part,is this old news to MC victims or something this person has released and it's knew?
I read the posts and it(sodomy)really was not
addressed or perhaps I missed it ??
A no comment is fine..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5717
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 6:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, your wish is my command. My son's been insisting I do "figures" but I have snuck about and done two portraits.

Johnny:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Leathab/JohnnyDepp4.jpg

Liz at 80:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Leathab/Lizat80.jpg

donnawa
Username: donnawa

Post Number: 2453
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 6:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Boo! It's me, Buddy! I've heard for a long while now- that sex opens a universal doorway- according to the tarot or caballah, I think.

John

Post Number: 1376
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i will answer you in your thread buddie.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9801
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 7:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, I tend to use filbert type brushes a lot, since they're curved and leave no hard edges. I have them in an astounding variety of sizes at this point, from 10/0 to 8.

And Callas are subtly shaded with green in the white at the stem end--it shades up into an almost pure white.

I paint in a combination of methods--I always pre-mix 3 or 4 colors for each area, then paint it solidly with the medium tone and quickly work in the darker and lighter areas while the acrylic is still wet. Then when it's dry, I go back in and glaze--paint very thin washes of more transparent color over the basic layer.

I was just beginning to learn to use Alkyds (like oils only they dry overnight) back when I blocked 10 years ago and I intend to pick up where I left off. They can be used over top of dried acrylic areas (the old "fat over lean" rule) to smooth out blended parts that are too rough-looking. But once you've used them, you can't go back in with acrylics or any other water-based paints....that would be trying to put "lean over fat" and the water-based paint would bead up.

One thing that helps is to buy those little clear/translucent plastic tubs with snap-on lids to mix the colors in--they have them in most art/craft stores, right alongside the palettes. If I look at an area the next day and see an error, I have the precise shades to rework it with.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 194
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab you little sneak..
I stole them you said up for grabs..

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9802
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, most people know little or nothing about mind control methods and once they hear of it, they tend to slip right back into denial due to the horrific nature of the trauma inflicted on the kids in order to fragment their personalities. There is lots of information in the Witnesses thread, if you decide to delve into it.

John

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2006 - 7:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey Patricia thanks that makes total since to me. I sometimes like to paint on the fly and donít do the steps but to premix the color is absolutely what I should so. thought I was going to have to channel Georgia O"keef. Diegoís callas are to stylized for me.

that and I need to take off these mittens when I pant. and I like the filberts to and that is what I use most actually

Lab great portraits!