Archive through April 15, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through April 15, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buddie
Intermediate Member
Username: buddie

Post Number: 110
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 8:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tandy pokes head from blankie and "growls"
at Waxy .. :-)

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 798
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 8:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*slips in with Tandy, her blanket, and her stuffed panther*

I'd like a nice cup of Earl Grey with plenty of sugar and two droppers of valarian root please. Oh, and a pint of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie, please.

*Notes her friends in the corner, checks to see what the movie of the day is, then curls up with them all in her blanket to sip tea, eat chocolate and snuggle her puppy ... and ignore the world*
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 374
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 9:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

probably not a good sign that i was thinking like wax man, sleepover's not much fun without a good cuddle.

are you guys watching movies all day? hmph. anyone for a round of Mad Alien? (how come nobody on this board ever mentions that game?)

and who walked off with my coffee??

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5634
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My "stuffed" bear has teeth, but you can always "attempt" waxy. Hugging is fine, but anything more and the bear "knows where you feel it!!"

Some soft scrambled eggs with cheese and 4-bean please, on SF/Western overload. (Gotta get the "Bonanza" theme out of my head, especially with Michael Landon murdering the lyrics!!)

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12427
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey, slide over, i'll have a coffee while i nervously wait for my ex to call about bryn's appointment.

my tummy's too jumpy to eat yet.

i saw a little yellow bird at the feeder yesterday. about the size of a finch but canary yellow with a black marking on its' head. so pretty.

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 375
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB, that's one talented bear.

i'll have what susi's having. i'm drinking to good news from Florida. i see birds of that kind here, occasionally. there's a lotta different kinds of finches, i hear.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9739
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 1:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, we get Gold Finches here twice a year as they migrate through and that describes them well--they sing like Canaries and I love it when they stop at my birdfeeder for a day or so to rest. You might try putting out some Niger (thistle) seed for them--they love it! (doncha love that photo?! it popped up when I did a Google images search for a Gold Finch photo)

I think I want something classic "brunch-y" like pancakes, sausages and fresh fruit salad--no harm in pretending it's the week-end, right?!

(Message edited by patricia on April 12, 2006)
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 112
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 6:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Really would like Grifters..been a long time and I liked it .But I can use the Headphones if not. share and share alike.

Waxy I think it's the Sneer that spooked Tandy..this is a Paranoid place after all.

Moonhowler
wrong spelling should be a "Z" in there.
It's pastry maybe deep fried or baked ??
stuffed with spices & dunno what else ?
Delicious !!!!! but looks like lots of "work".

When I said that I was thinking "out loud"
again .

The way you post and your comments on Katrina
reminded me of someone who left UC.
I was wishfully thinking maybe you were them.

Don't mind me
And I'm very happy ( you are here )
Blankies , T.Bears, assorted stuffies and
friends are always here.. This is Sal's !!

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1331
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 7:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And thus, the alliance was struck

Down with the green scourge!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/johnalbert1111/waxia.jpg

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm not looking at anymore of your art.!!
Thats it..I always have to log in again!

Heee..Teee..but I like it..Good God..
Looks like that old time mousquito when Raid
was a family friendly thing to spray all over
your children??

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5647
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 8:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Puts in "Mars Attacks") Sorry, hate that film, gonna go to the loo, and wait until "Galaxy Quest" comes on!!

Mashed potatoes, onion gravy and sirloin, please, with corn on the side. (Dinner anyone??)

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 118
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK .
Then " Attach of the Killer Tomatoes "
Yes??
That is a dinner I can't put away except if I
Flake out after..
I only do that on Religous Holidays.

Brighid

Post Number: 799
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*replaces the tape while they're away with Killer Klowns from Outer Space ...

*hides back under the blankets with Tandy, giggling*
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5649
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Hides the "Barbarella" VHS from Waxy) Nope, none of that now!! (Throws in 2001-Space Odyssey.)

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 758
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 3:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L.A.B. - Waxy knows his limits, besides which the modem is kinda snug! ... Waxy is excared of Barbie-rellas and Jane Fondles!

Buddie, Tandy? Jessica, Radio Shack, etc. Anyway, if you want to view art in a separate window just right-click the link and select "open in new window" (assuming you're using MSIE)...

(Message edited by waxtadpole on April 13, 2006)
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 759
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 3:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John - WAAAH! How come no SSD or at least maybe a TIE or sumpin'!

If you'd wanted to warm this old 80's-arcade junkie's heart, you'd have tossed in the wedge-shaped craft from Asteroids or something else era-iconic...
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 760
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 3:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie - one other thing, that wasn't a sneer, that was a sheepish grin. Waxy *loves* sheepish grins!

John

Post Number: 1333
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 3:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you are so weird i was going to put the defenders ship in there too but i just thought ok i made my point. but ya i was going to put that in there too.

i had too much fun i think.

i miss the early 80s's

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 121
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 5:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"radio shack" ...Oh Sheky you kill me !!

I'm not using MSIE guess thats why.Thanks

I don't remember the early 80's
joking ! best fun time of my life.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12446
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 8:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

waxy

ever watch 'seinfeld'? there's an episode centered around the gym...a guy named jimmy always refers to himself as 'jimmy'. 'jimmy loves elaine'...was that YOU??? lol

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 123
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 5:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brighid..that was brave in WTAW.
HUGS !! to make it go away !

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 126
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 7:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I know Sals is a happy place but I have just
come from something awfull.I was in posting for awhile..to forget..
It's about 3 hrs.now and I'm feeling it.I saw something.I called 911 and could not believe I was watching this.A man died in front of me.His car skidded on a wet pavement and hit the fence.
I was waiting for my bus and I work on a turn we had just a little rain.His car went into the field
and on of the poles iron went into him.I saw it fly into the car and into him then blood everywhere.I know hes dead and it's Easter .I went to doc and he gave me lorazepam 20 1 mg each for if I can't sleep,how will I ever get this out of my head .I already took 1 and feel better.
Have to say I was good and stayed on my feet .
Paramed's once they arrived half my office was outside .That helped or I'd be on the ground.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5657
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 7:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So sorry you had to go through that Buddie, blessing that you'll be able to forget it soon.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 128
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks Lab..just ugly stuff..
Im lucky and will be ok..oly the sight .

and his family..I hate car accidents..

anything going on at sals .I'll be up and down

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 763
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 10:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, it'll fade with time I hope. I also hope I never have an experience like that, and am sorry you had to...
-----------------------------------
John, ah, you must be a contemporary! Let's share a moment of wistulness, shall we?

susi, actually Waxy used to be hooked on Tolkien, and when he was in the chatrooms he felt kinda sorta Gollum-ish and Gollum always talked in the second person so...

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5658
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"What has it got in it's pocketses, my precious, gollum, gollum" (Sorry, taught jr. High years ago and used "the Hobbit" as literature.)
Guess we should plug in LOTR and have a 9 hour fest on Friday Night, popcorn orders going in (cheese, buttered or caramel??)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 764
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 11:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ach, hsss!!! Nasssty tricksy L.A.B.ses!!!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 765
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 11:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nice L.A.B.!!! Poor Waxy!!! Gollum!!!

All that's missing is Sheila Na Bodunkus and Sharlrlrlrlrlrlrlr!!!

(Message edited by waxtadpole on April 13, 2006)

John

Post Number: 1336
Posted on Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wistful wistful wistful, ok Im good how about you

shmors any one?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 766
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, I always get a mental picture of some gluttonous young Boy Scout leaping up from his seat at the campfire, shouting/sqealing "I want s'more!!!!"

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5660
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Or "Oliver" Please sir, could I have s'more??
(Had a crush on Oliver Reed, the villianous Bill Sikes in the first musical movie version!!)

Morning, breakfast, sausage and cheese omelet with 4 bean please!!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 767
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Remember "Space Age Whiz Kids" by Joe Walsh? I once did some parody lyrics to send-up myself and my cousin, both 80s-arcade junkies who suddenly find ourselves in middle-age:

"Reagan Age Has-Beens"

We used to mock poor Joe Walsh, we used to be so snide
We thought we were so funny, tanning his pinball hide
We used to go down blasting, put up defense screens too
Sometimes our scores were okay, most of the time we'd lose
We feel we've gone through a time warp, like Joe, now obsolete
All us two-button stick sharks, we just can't compete -

Reagan Age Has-Beens
Geezers gone to seed
Fingers stiff as a birch
Reagan Age Has-Beens -

Zaxxon wears a retainer, contacts in Q-Bert's eyes
Tron's got a triple-bypass, Gorf is Alzheimer-ized
Phoenix just keeps on molting, Robotron's fuse is fried
Crystal Castle's gone to mud-brick, Frogger's tire-flattened and dried -

Reagan Age Has-Beens [7X]

Reagan Age Has-Beens - new games have too much to do,
Put our adult diapies on, make that Defender doo
Donkey Kong life-support, Pac Man's on the welfare roll
Klingons using walkers, Spy Hunter stares and drools -

Reagan Age Has-Beens [8X]

We're just Reagan Age Has-Beens we're just...
We're now...we're now Joe Walsh...Joe Walsh!
We're like Joe Walsh! Just like Joe Walsh!

(Message edited by waxtadpole on April 14, 2006)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 768
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One boy... boy for sale... he's going cheap... [the same cousin always got a big laugh out of that one]

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5662
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

They put you up for auction?? That explains alot!!
You get a hug, Waxy. (Sniff)

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 136
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning Lab Waxy..
Reagan age has-beens.. very good

a friend and I went by the accident site today.Theres flowers ..I sent him some blessings that he crosses over and goes where ever he's supposed to.
I'm flipping the page now !

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 769
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L.A.B., as time goes by you remind me more and more of my youngest sister. Ah, the good digs she's gotten me with over the years! Heehee!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5663
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Turnabout fair play, you're like my younger brother, always pushing the envelope. Sibling rivalry RULES!!

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 137
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 1:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AWH !! too cute guy's

I had some little people over today and
" Baked " up a storm. Rice crispy squares
made waaay too many so I'll leave them with Sal.
I would have made s'mores but ??????

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5666
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 2:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SHHHHhhhh, if truth be known, more like "Kennedy/Nixon" has-beens. (Old age has it's benefits, memory of a time before the fall.)

Brighid

Post Number: 801
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 2:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I remember Nixon! Sorta... :/

I hated him too, even at five years old! :P

*Passes out in the corner under the blanket, snuggling Tandy, after a harrowing morning of facing Narcissists*

--From Harley

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 139
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Why is it called Old Age.
I dislike that term so much .
When I get into my late 50's if someone
says that to me ..I'll change their mind
real quick !

narcissists AND those offensively
self assertive types ..Grrrrrrr !!

Brighid

Post Number: 802
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*blinks* You have to be in your late 50s to be old? I feel old NOW! :/

--From Harley

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9759
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yikes! Does that mean I'm a Truman/Eisenhower has-been?! Is it the ones who were President when you were little or when you were a young adult??

Hey, kiddies--the 50's are the Old Age of Youth and the Youth of Old Age And I have less than one year left of mine
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5670
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Was a Jr. in high school when Kennedy died, guess I can join the Eisenhower club with Kathy.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 772
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just a note - I chose "Reagan-age" because it was a nice shorthand 'synonym' for the 80's that fit my spoof neatly. No political inferences here, pro or con, as that's not what Waxy is about.

[capers about madly, in classic "Chatroom-Era" Waxy style - or perhaps, in keeping with my mode of nomenclature, I should say "Buffy-The-Vampire-Slayer-Era" Waxy! ]

Brighid

Post Number: 803
Posted on Friday, April 14, 2006 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have no idea what "era" I am... beginning of Gen-X I know that much! Uh... I vaguely recall Nixon and don't remember the Vietnam war at all, because I was too young. I vaguely remember arguing with my dad because I happened to like Jimmy Carter (I thought he seemed nice, Nixon seemed mean.)

I remember H.R. Puffinstuff, the Patridge Family and the Brady Bunch, and the first rock music I heard was KISS on K.I.S.S. AM Radio in L.A. (on a little yellow plastic hand-held radio with an ear-phone attachment that went into your ear!)

But I really don't have any recollections of much of anything that affected me until the late 70's-early 80's. So like, I remember Barbara Streisand singing show tunes still, and uhm Star Wars! I remember Rocky Horror Picture Show's debut! I remember skate-dancing at the Grange Hall to disco music like Abba and stuff (but disco was already pretty passe` by then, and we laughed alot about it.)

So, for me it was Madonna, Prince, the Thomson Twins, Thomas Dolby, etc. etc.

1980 I was 15.

Soooooo that'd be Regan-era? Ew....

--From Harley

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 773
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 12:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, so the imfamous Brighid and I are the SAME AGE!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 774
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Perhaps because Reagan was himself rather old when he was President, the choice to me helps to convey the sense of age. It makes a nice contrast to the "futuristic" tone of the song I was parodying. That was then, this is now, all that depressing jazz. I like to take depressing things and make fun of them. Easier to cope that way...

Brighid

Post Number: 804
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OOOOOO I'm infamous! Whee! I win at something today! *HUGS*

Boy I needed that! :-)

--From Harley

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 776
Posted on Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You're very much welcome! [bows deeply]

"Brig hid her face in embarrassment at being recognized for a singular achievement in the arena of infamous arts!"

I'm sorry, I just never get tired of that spelling!

Any other Big Four Oh's here?

(Message edited by waxtadpole on April 15, 2006)