Archive through April 12, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through April 12, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5559
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 12:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Congratulations, Buddie, you wrote the 1000th post on this thread. (Passes out the paper hats, balloons, and popcorn balls.) We have caramel, candy colors, and cheese. Cuppa Joe??
Enjoy!!

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9650
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 2:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L. A. B.--that is *hilarious*!!! I'm making a copy of it to put out on my desktop and enjoy over and over. That's exactly what I needed to read right now

I'll take a triple mocha to go--I'm off to search for a birthday gift for my sister...may the gods of the mall be with me
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5561
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 2:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sometimes, the "timelords" just want to "drown" something (even if it's only a photograph!!) Glad it made you laugh, (ohmmmmmm!!!)

Smooth mocha freeze for me, want to bring on SPRING!!!

(Message edited by Leathab on April 07, 2006)

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 82
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 12:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I LOVE attention ?
May I have my Ice cap ?

buddie

Post Number: 83
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 10:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream I WON a Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Power sunroof,ABS breaks,Chrome Rims,and
Leather Heated seats...
Large Ice Cap Sal..

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1306
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 4:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Today’s movie will be Dangerous Liaisons with malkivitch and Close. Then I think that we will follow that with ever after.
Then hum, grifters any one?

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9674
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 8:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cool film line-up! Got to go walk around the Lake, then I'll come back, settle down with Sal's biggest mixing bowl full of buttered popcorn and a large Coke and totally veg out
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5580
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 9:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dangerous Liasons should have been Alan Rickman's movie (he brought it to Broadway!!) Now wouldn't that have been an interesting movie!!

(Puts in "Legends of the Fall.") Little music with my murder and mayhem. (Passes the buttered popcorn and iced coke.)

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 727
Posted on Saturday, April 08, 2006 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Since I "owe" this thread a pic, and since there's "paranoia" involved, I suppose I may as well post the link here too...

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Phildickian.jpg
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9682
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 1:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG--Where's *busby*?! That's amazing, Waxy!!! SO cool!

Scooches over beside L. A. B. where the bowl of popcorn is within reach and sighs at the sight of so many gorgeous men in one movie [pant!]

Where the H is moonhowler?? I was expecting to see her when I rolled in tonight...? Maybe she got lost on her way over from Area 52....we should send out a search party! Somebody strap a cask of brandy onto Shane and shove him out the door

moonhowler
Advanced Member
Username: moonhowler923

Post Number: 450
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 6:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yee Haw!! I found the joint! Got so excited I forgot to thank the buddy who posted me the info. Thanks, buddy. An insomniac cafe for paranoids. I should certainly fit in here! Thanks Patricia, for wondering where I was. I found a home, I found a home, I found a home. Oh, goody. Now I have to go back and read some of the stuff. Yippee!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The older the fiddle the sweeter the tune.
... Irish Proverb

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 365
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 8:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sorry i missed the movie. feel like i've just tumbled out of John Malkevich, this morning (Being John Malkevich, maybe we can watch it next week).

Sal, just give me that beer stein over there, and fill it with espresso, wouldja? [pops Cindi Lauper, True Colors on the juke]

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 735
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"...aw woodaful wike a wainbow...silly wabbit!" [cowers from nadm's stern glare]
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 366
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[nadm swipes at waxy with butterfly net, rights Elmer Fudd hat on head]

buddie

Post Number: 88
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 2:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow missed this one ..Was Kathy here ?
Up late just want mellow..
Punches A1..Dylan .Forever Young!

May God bless
and keep you always
May you wishes all come true
..and may you staaaay forever youngggg..

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 368
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[tucks gray hairs up under Elmer Fudd hat]

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5589
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 5:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tweety Bird "I taught I taw a putty tat!!"
(Talk about naustalgia!!) After the cartoon festival, time for the real "10 Commandments" with Yul Brynner, the only Pharoah worth his salt!!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 736
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 6:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

With Billy Crystal a close second (for those fortunate enough to have seen that)...

buddie

Post Number: 100
Posted on Sunday, April 09, 2006 - 7:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tweetly..dee..tweedly..dumb !

John

Post Number: 1310
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 2:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

waxy that was disgustipated!

moonhowler
Advanced Member

Post Number: 452
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 7:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, John, I'm a new customer. I need s super-sized mug of hot Joe, with milk and cane sugar, and a big bunch of those brownies. It's Monday and I have to return to the dungeon, won't be out again until probably late Tuesday evening. It gets lonesome in there, but some hot Joe and brownies will make it better! When the Master be asleep sometimes I can make a food run & hope the dog doesn't give me away.

I'm used to it now, so I just call it my hibernation period. Yeah! Right!!!

Susie & Harley, my heart and prayers are with you and yours. Thanks Mark and gelfling for pointing me to the cafe. I wasn't really slow on the uptake, just in "hibernation".

Y'all have fun. At least the dungeon's roof is now fixed (after Katrina and Wilma). No more raindrops falling on my head - though we sorely need rain down here.

Tooodle and hugs.
... Irish Proverb

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5595
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Puts up the old "Dungeons's and Dragon's" board) Let's see 500 spell points for Moonhowler's Hero, plus one wizard and six pixies. Find the lantern and you can "vanquish" the Gargoyle!!!

(Pops in "Laberinth" the movie, then David Bowie's "Legend.") Just don't anyone request "Willow!!" Val looked good, but ach!! Dark Crystal is up next!!

(Grabs a napoleon and sugar/creamed coffee.)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9704
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 3:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

moonhowler, I SO wish I could send you some of this unbelieveable deluge we're getting here on the West Coast

I'm hungry for potato latkes and homemade chicken noodle soup...must be my inner Hebrew coming out

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 102
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 6:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal a brownie delight sunday would be perfect.
Settles in to watch His Royal Ziggyness
(the goblin king) in Labyrinth..

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 103
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 8:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB has Bowies "Legend" Blasting !!

Moonhowler do you make Samosas?

Lab..Do I get Points for this question ?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 738
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 8:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

New Israel-Lite Beer - a smooth, crisp He-brew!

L.A.B., "Willow" is basically Star Wars without the 'spayships' (why did people in the 50's call them 'spayships'?)

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2035
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 8:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Probably for the same reason they called robots "ROBUTTS".

John

Post Number: 1312
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 8:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Welcome moon howler coming right up.

Just having some fun, waxy on the computer!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/johnalbert1111/Waxy.jpg

hey did not say it had to be good art

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5612
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 9:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(For Waxy's build-up) http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8097/earwax3lq.jpg

(Message edited by Leathab on April 10, 2006)

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 104
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 9:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

IT WAS FUNNY...
but I had to log in to get back here.
not funny..Clean up the mess B4 you all go.

John

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 9:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

eeooo

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 742
Posted on Monday, April 10, 2006 - 9:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Hey, uh, Mistah Miyagi, uh, I soun' like a liddle Stallone wannabe, uh..." I miss Noriyuki...

L.A.B., something disturbing about that big amorphous lump...

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 105
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 5:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie wakes Bridgit for company to watch Sal's vintage Cartoons and share a hot todie.
Casper & friends
Felix & friends
Gabby & friends
Betty Boop & friends

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 796
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 6:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*wakes up groggily at 3 am because buddy woke her, sees Casper cartoons, AND LABs D&D, and decides its worth getting up for*

Triple Caramel Mocha Vente, its been a loooooong weekend....

*Snuggles up with Tandy, buddy and LAB, pulling Patricia over too, throws the covers over them all and plays D&D while watching cartoons*

Damn! Rolled a 4 on a d20! There goes my Elf Ranger! Dang Mind-Flayers anyhow....
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 371
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 9:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[pulls on I ROLL TWENTIES t-shirt and hunkers onto a bar stool]

waxy, didja know there really is such a beer? He'Brew, "the Chosen Beer," made by Shmaltz Brewing Company (dark, hoppy, very good beer). Holy Moses White Ale is another real live beer, made by the Great Lakes Brewing Company. for comic value, reality once again trumps fiction:

http://www.shmaltz.com/index1.html

http://www.greatlakesbrewing.com/beerOurBeersRG.php

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12414
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey guys...thought i'd grab an energy breakfast and dig in giving the house a thourough cleaning. the kid's in florida so i won't be intrerrupted. :-)

ranchos hueveros with plenty of salsa and a bloody mary.

got a lucinda williams cd on and ready to rally.

oh, remember billy beer?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5617
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I remember "billy beer?" Water with some hop flavor?? Brother Carter's younger brother, similar to George Bush's daughters, they love to party!!

Could I please have Chili cheese rellenos and caramel macchiato, extra cream!!

(Plugs in Star Wars, for the nostalgia factor of the 1970's.) Wasn't Mark Hammel cute then? Pity about the motorcycle accident. (Empire Strikes Back) He nearly got killed. He changed as an actor too, more depth from the pain. (Return of the Jedi.) It's a film festival for SF fans!!

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 3704
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 6:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Let's have a Star wars festival and watch all three back to back! (the last three episodes, the ones that came out first, way back when)

Of course.

Did someone say Dark Crystal??

He-brew, the chosen beer. They have that down at the corner store. I LOL'ed when I saw it.

buddie
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 108
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 6:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi your on the right track when it comes to
house cleaning.I played Lucinda for a friend last
week and she's hopelessly Hooked..which cd's do you have ? Mine is "World without Tears"
and keep meaning to get more but get sidetracked.

Hi gelfling and nadm " over here "
we are all under the blanket come join us.Starwars fest sounds great.
I have such a crush on Harrison Ford
after this can we watch Raiders of the lost ark ?
I'm spending the night here Sal grabs a teddy.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12419
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 7:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

'car wheels on a gravel road'. it has my favorite song on it that she does-'can't let go'.

i have a friend who has a band and she does that song. that was my first introduction to lucinda.

she was just here in town but the timing was off. $$$

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 372
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 8:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[nadm grabs a handful of popcorn, slips under blankie and promptly falls asleep, spilling popcorn all around]

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 746
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 8:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[Waxy eyes the blankie nervously]

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 373
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

waxie has good instincts.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 750
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 9:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ask Busby why I'm doing a nasal-pseudo-hum to the melody of "Ghost Riders In The Sky"! Whee!!!!!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5630
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 9:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, I loved the "Sons of the Pioneers" (plugs in the new DVD's of "Have Gun will Travel" and drools over Richard Boone, the first "man-in-black!!")

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 3708
Posted on Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 11:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Everybody gets their own sleeping bag, and we have an old fashioned sleep over. Yay. Cuddly toys for those who want them. And Sal is serving cocoa and s'mores if you can't sleep.

moonhowler
Advanced Member

Post Number: 453
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 2:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Uh, Buddie, what's a "Samosa"? I led a sheltered life. LOL!

Out of the dungeon for another day. Can I get under the blanket with you guys?
... Irish Proverb

John

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 2:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john finds X wing fighter ship and unfurls his plaid lined sleeping bag and hops in and zips it up nestles elbow in piller and props chin on hand. holds brothers thrashed x wing fighter in other hand. he still does not know it was me that broke it. that’s OK he hid the head to my robot and I found it the day after I threw the rest away.

orange crush and laughfy taffy any one

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 753
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 6:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Do any of you wiminfolk volunteer as "cuddly toys"?

John, Waxy made lotsa SW models when he wuz younger! Also he misses "Sour Bites" so maybe he can have them here huh?

Seriously, I cringe when I think of all the kits I mangled, sometimes rebought/rebuilt, and thus mangled again. I wish I had a time machine so I could go back and give my innocent collectible-ignorant younger self a good lecture!

[Note: for clarity's sake, I'v decided that I will try to remember to do future posts with "Waxspeak" in italics]

(Message edited by waxtadpole on April 12, 2006)

susi t learn

Post Number: 12422
Posted on Wednesday, April 12, 2006 - 8:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi zips up her tie-dye sleeping bag, glances at waxy......throws him a stuffed koala bear and tells him that'll have to do.