Archive through April 07, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through April 07, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 3660
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 8:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I meant to say because they couldn't get the grapes to survive in the colder climates, that is when they fermented whatever grains they could get their hands on. You know, and presto, beer and a shot.

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 696
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 9:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[feeling rather dizzy from the big posting spurt he triggered]

Ah, so that explains the anatomically-exaggerated figurine!
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 697
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 9:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, it's neat what you can learn via Google:

"Liathroidi" is pronounced "Lia' Roadie".

Go tell Lia' Roadie, Go tell Lia' Roadie,
Go tell Lia' Roadie, that Waxy's Pole is dead...
"When Waxism came to the Internet, it was wrapped in a Day-Glo zebra-striped serape and carried a plunger." - Sinis Lewclair 2263

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5508
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 9:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Too much poking, Sheila
Too much joking, Sheila
Too much croaking, Sheila
Old Waxy's pole is dead...

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Must be the "Irish" in me!! (Many Irish are morbidly depressed, especially after reading James Joyce.) Just grab the Blarney Stone and kiss it hanging backwards over a cliff, after having gone up the mountainside, barefoot, loads of fun!! (The Irish are into suffering, especially for no good reason!!)

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 698
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 9:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I swear by everything that's wacked-out that someday I will do an imagined scene from a Japanese monster movie, featuring a giant leprechaun warding off a giant tadpole's flame breath with a shillelagh amidst a crumbling, flaming cityscape...

Title?

"Waxzilla vs. B'Gorrah"

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1283
Posted on Sunday, April 02, 2006 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

eeeer huh?

you know it come a time when a boy just reads the posts.

the Irish are depressed the Danes are dense the Scots are loony and the English are mad. well that about makes me up as I have a 4 in me.

oh well life goes on/

some one put some music on the juke.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 4:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm having a pon phar experience
although I don't know what it means ?
Ya my sister did that Blarney
Stone thing with a camera stuck in her face.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12342
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 9:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

morn'...

coffee, heavy on the creme please.

i feel a little better today.

anyone see the crossword?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 701
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 9:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, Benjamin Creme?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5511
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie, the "Vulcans" only have Pon Phar (their version of sex, handholding) once every seven years, it's very violent (they send themselves or representatives in to kill each other) the "victor" gets the goodies. (For reference, Classic Trek, "Amok Time" and Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock.)

(Throws Amok Time in and watches Kirk get sliced up witha pendulum.)

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 782
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*pops her head in a moment, pulling herself from her escapism game*

Triple caramel-mocha to go! Stat! I have to get back to unreality before reality finds me!

*shifty eyed*
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

Sheila Na Gig
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 546
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Waxzilla vs. B'Gorrah"

Yeah but before that Waxy, you've got THIS to contend with! NUNZILLA!
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 547
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sooze, so glad that you're on the up-swing!

Here's a little boxing nun for ya. Just sic her on anyone who tries to take you out of your happy place! Boxing Nun
Pog Mo Thoin.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12346
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 1:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sheila

gotcha!

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 3663
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 1:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Speaking of the Catholic connection, you know that little chin-flick gesture that Scalia did at the reporters in Boston? Oooh, they say that would have merited him a stern wack on the hand with a ruler. Naughty!

buddie

Post Number: 61
Posted on Monday, April 03, 2006 - 7:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

YIPES.. Somethings are just best left to the imagination. every 7 years ?
Spock Rules.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9609
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat comes in, tired but elated from watching an unexpectedly excellent movie--"Leon The Professional"--which has been formally enshrined upon her "Favorite Movies List" and about which she will be writing a pocket review for the Recommend movies here! thread tomorrow. It starred an *amazing* 12 year old Natalie Portman and Jean Reno and was directed by Luc Besson, who also directed another movie on her list, "La Femme Nikita". Pat's a happy camper, since movies don't get added to that list very often

I'll have a nice frothy decaf latte, John, and a plate of something sweet--got any brownies??

Where the heck's Brighid? Oh, well--maybe Tandy will share the blankie with me.....
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

Brighid

Post Number: 784
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 12:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*is curled up under the blanket with Tandy, fast asleep and dreaming about things that aren't real life*
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9613
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 12:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yay! Brighid's here too. Listen up guys--you have got to go to this website RIGHT NOW, before Chevy discovers it and takes it down--it is absolutely *hilarious* and so, so true! (they made the mistake of letting people put up their own home-made ads for the new Tahoe and some delightful and committed activist made this little gem....but I doubt if it'll be up for long)
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

Brighid

Post Number: 785
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 1:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG ROTFLMAO

*espresso spurts out her nose*

SO TRUE!

--From Harley

Brighid

Post Number: 786
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 1:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I bit, I had to do one too then. Wonder if they'll be back to me?

Couldn't get the link back, sent it to you Patricia!

--From Harley

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 704
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 2:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila, if a nun doesn't do her laundry for a month, is that a nasty habit? Get it? Habit? A-hahahahah...

John

Post Number: 1286
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 6:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh pat do I ever have brownies. and some Jamaican blend to go with them. you know ill sit right down and eat a plate of brownies my self. I love the hard chewy edge that every one shuns.

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 360
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 9:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thank you Patricia! i heard about that vid but hadn't seen it.

along with 2/3 of Time Magazine going to this topic, seems to show people waking up.

speaking of which... refill? [passes demitasses cup to Sal]

John, the crust is definitely the best part of the brownie. luckily for you and i, that's the healthy part, too

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5520
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 2:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Looks around for the "31 flavors" and decides.) I want my Kaulua Chocolate Mocha on a waffle cone!! Double scoop!! (Been sicky, slept in late, grabs blanket and pillow in the corner, stretches out, and begins to 'ZZZzzzzz....') Dang this ear infection, makes me dizzy and lethargic. Gotta do the laundry!! (Takes ice cream with.)

buddie

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 9:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH Lab..wipes up melted ice cream and waffle off the floor ..tucks stickie fingers back into blankie...Feel beter soon..

You got away with it this time John.
Sure everyone shuns the " Bestest " part
of the brownie..the crunchie part!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 711
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 10:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have a 'secret recipe' for brownies (sorry, pot-less) that was such a hit at an old workplace that I was almost required to make them for every potluck lunch!

All I did was adapt the "Brownies Cockaigne" (please, no coke or cocky jokes - I didn't name the darn thing) recipe from 'Joy of Cooking' (via Time-Life's "Good Cook" series) by substuting brown sugar for half of the plain, and adding cinnamon and toffee bits!

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 712
Posted on Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, and 'mee to' on the super-chewy edge (as long as it's not burnt). Then again, I'm one of those people who eat the frosting first and the bottom pie crust last because I like them best!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5528
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 1:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sitting all wet from the rain downpour, hair dripping, jacket slimey!! Need that "hot" Latte, with chocolate/caramel, and some "buzz" for warmth.

The gutters are flooding, we may just have 1984 (floods) back again!! Every 20-30 years, the "floods" come to the desert.

buddie

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH..huggs.a Teddy and a Float..
The Floods..is it a story ???

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9635
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We're getting a rare and precious break from an unbelieveable amount of rain today and possibly tomorrow--I'm going for another walk then. March brought us *twice* the usual rain and frankly I'm beginning to look for 'shrooms behind my ears when I wash So you have my sincere sympathy.

John, I think I need a decaf latte again--need the steamed milk for comfort and the decaf so I'll be able to sleep tonight. Read too much today and my eyes look like two holes burned in a sheet

Any room under that blanket?

John

Post Number: 1293
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 3:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it stopped raining here an hour ago and I think its just teasing us we now have a mote. and a personal water recreation area in the back yard.

it has no real signs of letting up but the moon peeked out for a bit tonight and the thunder today was something else

here even the shoomes have sprouted every ware but are so beaten down.

at least I donít have to wash the truck. some one bruised my beautiful bumper in the parking lot at the market the other day. ding #2

waxy that sounds so good your recipe. some times I like to put min marshmallows on mine for the last 5 minutes of baking or under the broiler to brown them.

Nicodemus
Username: nicodemus

Post Number: 1675
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 5:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This is the funniest thread I've come across in a while.

Thanks, you bunch of coconuts!

I'm going to slink back into the darkness of cyberspace...

Be well all.
"No, I'm not going to be your monkey...". - Jon Stewart to Tucker Carlson on "Crossfire"

buddie

Post Number: 66
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 6:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's now 4 mornings I woke up to Aero Smith's
"Take me to the otherside"..
playing in my head. I'll have an Ice Cap to go
please.
Take care in the rain guys

susi t learn

Post Number: 12366
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 8:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

no, no, nico! come back!

wah.......missed him again. :-(

Nicodemus

Post Number: 1676
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 9:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey susi.
I'm still around.
How are you and the kid doing?
"No, I'm not going to be your monkey...". - Jon Stewart to Tucker Carlson on "Crossfire"

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 717
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 10:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey! Did you ever figure out that second-time-in-the-womb business?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 718
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 10:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, if you can't get a song out of your head, the best thing to do (at least for me) is to listen to the song for real, over and over, until you're 'saturated'. Seems to wear out the legs of that particular beast...

susi t learn

Post Number: 12367
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hangin' in there nico. :-)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5534
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Nico!! Set a spell and weave a "tale" some true, some "imagined" (the flooding is true, Buddie, it's raining and threatening to snow today, ARGH!! So tired of the "Neptune" weather! I want Spring!!!! (Grabs the daffodils, Sal and John put out for a bit of sunshine.) Speak oh flowers, and "Let the Sunshine." (Puts George, John, Paul and Ringo on the CD player.)

(Message edited by Leathab on April 06, 2006)

John

Post Number: 1295
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Im with susi Nicodemus, please come and stay a long while.

we party here at sals.

but we are just figuring it all out and haveing fun.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5541
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 2:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Six inches of snow, wet, thick snow. This is annoying, no apricots this year!! (puts apricot jam on Sal's sour dough bread, with butter.) Pour that caffiene hot!!

John

Post Number: 1298
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 3:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thats ok LAB we are going to have hardly any this year as the trees bloomed too early and the frost got them then they got pummeled by the hail 2 weeks ago.

apercot jam has got to be one of the good things in life. next to plum. butter! oh life is good untill the doctor tells ya not to eat it any more

Nicodemus

Post Number: 1677
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 3:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sounds good to me. It would be good to sit with some old friends, and some new ones, and have a drink or two...

Cool Beans.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9643
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 4:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat wanders in and plunks herself down beside Nico--glad you decided to join us! [privately wondering how long you'll be able to tolerate our nuttiness though]

I just want a Super Smoothie--berries, please--with lots of protein and vitamins "to go" today--on my way to the studio to paint and if I sit too long, I'll grow roots and never get to it at all. Wish I had a nickle for every time THAT'S happened

Brighid

Post Number: 789
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 4:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll take anything that will give me energy and be sweet! Preferably liquid! Preferably cold!

How about a blended ice triple caramel mocha?

I'm still in hiding from the real world! Shhhh! You didn't see me!

*slips over to the blankie-corner with Tandy to hide!*

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5544
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(For those who enjoy the "om", this was on another site I frequent.)

Having a rough day?

Just in case you've had a rough day, here's a stress management technique recommended in all the latest psychological texts.

The funny thing is that it really works.

1. Picture yourself near a stream.
2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.
3. No one but you knows your secret place.
4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called "the
world,".
5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
6. The water is crystal clear.
7. You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding underwater.
8. See, you're smiling already.

buddie

Post Number: 69
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 11:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal has John and Buddie hang the
" Humming Bird " attracting Flowers.
I love humming birds !
Six plants along the long window .
Hope we get to see them soon..

susi t learn

Post Number: 12376
Posted on Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ah, walela. they are cool.

i get dibs on nico! sit by me! me! lol

i think it's time for another 'theme night'.

how 'bout the old west?

buddie

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, April 07, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG Like that..
Guns don't kill people Cell phones do.