Archive through April 01, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through April 01, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1266
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 3:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

14 nieces/nephews, the latest one is an angel he is so peaceful and sweet. I just love those guys. they send me the letters and the foamy art. they are the light of my life but every one lives so far away. oh well it better when I see them and I am so popular with them we do art projects but they donít know about instructions and I get some interesting things from them.

one is a reincarnation of hoppalong casidy. every thing is the wild west. one neice is a flaming red head with a spirit to match the oldest niece is a beauty and we run the guys off. and its weird but they are probably the best kids I know.

just that uncle thing I guess

and you

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2000
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 7:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hopalong Cassidy.
I still got the watch.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12282
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 8:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

when we got our first tv, that's the very first program i watched.

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5452
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Pours the 4-bean, lets it steam, then pours in sugar and a spot of cream.) Kid just moved into his house, found the water heater doesn't work well. It's a 100 year old house, but had been "upgraded" with new pipes and amenities. Told him to drain it again, and see if that helps, but he may have to throw for a new one. The toilet tank is "tipped." (Ah, the joys of home ownership.)

Hey, slap some eggs and piggy strips on the barby. Need protein!!

Wax Tadpole
Username: waxtadpole

Post Number: 651
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 7:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A 'paltry' four nieces... One spoiled and irresponsible, one brainy and sensitive, one a budding tomboy, and one who's into a little bit of everything - sort of a Renaissance-woman-in-the-making.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Crawls from under Heeps of Protective Covers.
sputter.sputter.Darn Blanket Fuzz! Thew.Thew!

Squints over at John & Sal having
a nap before the morning Rush.
So many Squishies
Takes a Rolly Polly Teddy Bear.Squeeeezzzze!
What a perfectly Sane & Comforting idea
for Sal's.

What. no piggy strips left ?
Buddie pours a tea,gets Teddy and clamps headhones over ears.
Wanders out on the Deck feeling appreciative
and mellow..to Star Gaze..

Pat the board seems much saner the last little while.Guess that was a Flare up Huh?
I still need my comment to him then it's over.

Lab 3 grandboys..your lucky your name will live on..I have 1 nephew to carry on my blood line name..

Kathy you had a dream about hands.I had a
dream about feet.Maybe together we can slowly
get enough pieces?

John you didn't save me any well done piggy strips? Hey...I hope your OK with my being back .I know this attack isn't over but I also know I want to be part of in here.
I'm centered for now and understand why you at times keep to yourself.You always stay calm and just check in when your going through your times.
Good advice Friend Thanks

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9543
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 8:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat trudges in, tired and eye-strained from painting, but brightens up at the mention of Hopalong Cassidy--he was SO handsome!

John, I need caffeine desperately--either hook up my IV or pour me a double mocha fast This painting is going to kill me yet--I've now been working on it longer than I have any other one I've ever done, yet it's just a little 16X20 thing!

And if I don't finish it, I can't start anything else or I *know* I'll just abandon this PITA one [sob!] I wanna look at something--ANYthing--else at this point

gelfling
Username: celine

Post Number: 3622
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Did Waxy and Sheila and I offend?

So sorry.

Nothing wrong with a bawdy joke now and again.

Patricia, take a break, gal. Look at the Waxy pictures on the walls....

I have one niece, and I am her only aunt. She is a beautiful little girl, but I am afraid she is getting a bit spoiled since she has no siblings or cousins.

On the other side of the family, I have four more nieces. They are Spanish speakers, and they call me 'Tia', hee.

buddie

Post Number: 3
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 9:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

gelfling I for one am talking about the Mess
in other threads.I have no opinion for Sals
as I don't know what went on.
Ya Waxy you should have something on the wall.
Pat please finish ..but sounds like you need a break also??

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5457
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Throws "Dark Crystal" in the DVD player for "gelfling.") A favorite film of my grown kids, but the one son won't let his kids watch it (too scary, nightmares??) Ah well, one day.

Pours the hot chocolate and passes the butter popcorn and waits for the skexies.

John

Post Number: 1267
Posted on Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sorry gang i am ocupied today spent the day sleeping and then talked to an old friend for most of the day was so great to talk. anyway dark crystal! i love that movie! dont mind me ill just stand against the wall if i fall asleap just remember i am making up for months of insomnia....

oo look at the weird swamp creature.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 655
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

once, while Googling around with the term "gelfling", I ran across a sequel rumor...

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 773
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

GELF! *HUGS*

*wanders out from the corner long enough to grab a cup of sage and valarian tea with lots of milk and honey, then returns to it and snuggles up the puppy, the blanket, and the stuffie Tandy's been chewing on*

A little shaky but still on our feet...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9553
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 3:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat wanders in, blinking in the light, and orders a bowl of steel-cut oatmeal and a large, very milky coffee. Oh, and a huge glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice full of pulp...yum!

Waxy did a lot of pounding-in-of-nails, but omitted the *links* to the artwork....hint, hint!

After finishing the oatmeal, she goes over to the stuffie corner and snuggles with Brighid and Tandy while she absorbs the rest of the coffee. SO do not want to go run the errands that are on my list! Just want to listen to music and drowse......

gelfling

Post Number: 3626
Posted on Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - 3:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Did you know there is a 'wax tadpole' at blogspot.com?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 664
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 3:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

PD - Umm... I had the flu as well as a bout of Bill-Mumy-teasing (he has this message-board, see, and whenever I post he says "alrighty then" which I think is code for "Omigod save me from this nut!", but I digress), so I need to "recharge".

I recently posted an old parody pic of a scene from the "Apollo" episode of Classic Trek, for the 'benefit' of the williamshatner.com folks - it should tide you over I hope. I plan on doing another one soon (evil laugh)

gelfling, there are many "Waxies" out there, even a few that predate me (GASP!), but I suspect none quite meet my dubious 'standard' ... I'll have to check this person out, say hello, etc.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 665
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 3:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Who Mourns For Ranunculus Cera?"

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9566
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 5:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cool!!! I recognized the scenery instantly from my Trekkie days What sort of software are you using?

And sorry you had the flu--that's a valid excuse for delays in link-posting, for sure.

I think I need some serious protein before I enter my art studio and let my Painter alter out for the next couple of hours....how about a steak and eggs and tomatos and toast plate?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 667
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 6:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Works for me!

Someday I'll upgrade, but for what little I use them for at present they work fine:

Amorphium 3
Paint Shop Pro 8
Bryce 5
UVMapper 0.25E (freeware)

I've also got a cruddy old version of Poser that comes in handy every once in awhile...

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5475
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 7:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I liked that episode, Scotty had a "love interest."
Cute Waxy!!

Anyone want to volunteer to help my son do his version of "This Old House" (he needs lots of insulation, wrapping of pipe, brickwork chimney replaced, furnace/water heater/water softener put upstairs, and the list goes on at nauseum. Glad it's him and not me. (Hubby did his inspecting, poor kid filled a notebook full of stuff needed.)

Gonna sit in the corner with the stuffies, and blankets, calming the nerves with caffiene and a good movie. (Throws in "Sweethearts, Jeanette MacDonald and Nelson Eddy, it's a musical/comedy.) Just ignore me as I'm humming the songs.

buddie

Post Number: 15
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll humm with you LAB..
Good God was there not a house inspector? Upgrades I know..I once had parents to help do that..They will be fine.

So wasn't Nelson Eddie the guy who played
Guitar ? He did the Twangy Sound !

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 671
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe you should try some 'NAC', if you don't know of it already. Almost an accidental discovery for me, and it's definitely helping with my chronic 'stuffiness' issues...

susi t learn

Post Number: 12314
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

duane eddie.

buddie

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

YUP..sounds right..going to bed now..
xo

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9575
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 1:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L. A. B., my Dad *loved* Nelson Eddy & Jeannette MacDonald movies! I wish he'd lived long enough to see DVD players and the rerelease of so many old movies....MacDonald made a bunch of movies with Maurice Chevalier before "Naughty Marietta" with Nelson Eddy...romance and music and beautiful costumes...[sigh]

I think this calls for a new batch of popcorn with real butter drizzled over it Hope I can stay awake

John

Post Number: 1276
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 1:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

cool pic waxy. so glad you joined the group here.

wind was going tonight I feel like smores toight

and some hot buttered rum too.

ummm good rum

Sheila Na Gig
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 526
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 9:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Speaking of old Star Trek episodes, there's one that I particularly remember called 'The Mark Of Gideon.' Sharon Acker, the actress who played the part of 'Odona' has a Summer cottage near where I live. That episode is basically just her and Captain Kirk for almost the entire hour. She's more or less retired now but is still on the voting committee of the Academy Of Motion Pictures.

Anyway, last time we got together we were thinking of writing this movie script. The synopsis being something about three women in their forties who suddenly leave home and hearth and take to the highway taking nothing with them but the clothes on their back and the skills they had acquired throughout their lives and make money accordingly. For instance, one friend who's a hairdresser would take a comb and scissors. Another friend who's an artist would take a sketchpad and charcoal. I myself would have taken to the road with a tarot deck. Anyway, the actresses who portrayed us would have. Well, it was all in fun really. Just bandying ideas about.

Still though, might make an interesting movie! Must get back to her this Summer on it. Ya never know. Maybe in the near future the Friday night movie at Sal's might be, 'The Highway Women' or some such thing!
Pog Mo Thoin.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12321
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 9:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

cool beans. my favorite road trip movie was the one with 'julie newmar' in the title. can't think of it for the life of me.

don't let go of that idea.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 676
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila knows Classic Trek's fictional answer to 'Typhoid Mary'? Cool! :o) Waxy always liked the accent of the guy who played her Pop...

Julie is another "Trek Vet" - is this a synchronicity or a deliberate tie-in?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 677
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0403588/bio

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 778
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

To Wong Fu; With Love, Julie Numar.

One of my favs too!

Triple mocha-caramel to go, I've finally gotten sleep! Whee!!!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

buddie

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 3:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

diden't Pat do a pic of To Wong Fu ?
John Brighid glad to hear your both getting sleep.
Monday was my annual C.Up
Doc took 1 look at my Raccoon eyes and gave me a b12 shot and I have to get another this coming Monday.
I don't know if you can ask for it but
4 hrs. after I got it I felt terrific
and still do maybe you can ask your Doctor?
One more thing...hot buttered rum ?
is this a drink ( boose ) or an ice-cream shake ?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5478
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 7:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Spent last night and all day today with hubby, "heart" scare, but all nuclear tests were negative.
Heartburn apparently, though wasn't going to take any chances with symptoms of pressure and radiating down arms.

Nelson did a few musicals without Jeanette, Pat, (Chocolate Soldier/Balalicka) But their 8 movies were the best, my favorites are Sweethearts, Maytime, Naughty Marietta, and Girl of the Golden West *Can I say I loathe Rosemarie!!!" even though Jimmie Stewart's first role was as Jeanette's brother.!!)

Hum's "We ride, men who are happy and free, birds of a feather we gather together, good soldiers of fortune are we!!" (And you thought Antonio Bandaras could sing, he can't hold a candle to an operatic baratone, (that also includes Ezio Pinza, and for tenors, no one can hold a candle to Mario Lanza either!!)

(Message edited by Leathab on March 31, 2006)

buddie

Post Number: 29
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 9:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab I want everything to be good with hubby.
I'm humming Ben Hur!
I know you did it in whistle.

I'll probably have to wait for Pat to get here and I'll be in bed by then !! she's a night owl.
But Nelson & Jeanette ? Is it because it's opera
that I'v never heard of them..I can relate pretty much to other stars that are mentioned ?

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 684
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A new food product inspired by Classic Trek:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/RealWaxy/Tpringems.jpg

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5479
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A little "Pon Phar" for lunch!! Yup that will do it!!

buddie

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm covering for John tonight.
all tips ..Thanks..
Pon Phar.? pls explain

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5483
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Only true "trekkers" know the answer!!

buddie

Post Number: 35
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I can not help any one..
I know lot's !!!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9581
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think I'm too old for lunches like that, L. A. B.

But I wouldn't say no to a late-nite beer and a bowl of salted nuts and another old movie. We have a book exchange at my Curves and I found Marion Davies' autobiography today--speaking of old time movie stars.

Was that really Jimmy Stewart's first movie role?! Wow. A Jimmy Stewart factoid I didn't know....!

buddie

Post Number: 37
Posted on Friday, March 31, 2006 - 11:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Jimmy Stewart ??

Sheila Na Gig

Post Number: 527
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey buddie, Jimmy Stewart? Go here and know it all. Jimmy Stewart
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig

Post Number: 528
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi, am not 'officialy' a screenwriter but like the thought of holding on to that idea.
Pog Mo Thoin.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12331
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

then make it official girl!

but when you become famous, keep me in mind for any warrior/siren/crone parts. (that ought to cover it) lol

we had another thread going about what movie character would best portray you.

mine was weezy from 'steel magnolias'. LOL

Sheila Na Gig

Post Number: 529
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waxy, keep posting those unique pics. Neat Stuff!
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig

Post Number: 530
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 1:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Geeze susi, would love to make it official! But I think I'm going to become famous for something else. I'm whispering here. Shhhhhh....can we say, Holy Grail? What? No, you never heard that from me...

As soon as I get that old grail out to the folks, I'll be definitely back on target with me screenplays and me music and I've got a starring role in mind for the susi t learn girl!
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig

Post Number: 531
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 1:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Weezy? Perfect for ya sooze. Also, Sister Sarah the main character in the movie, Two mules for Sister Sarah.
Me? The Bette Midler character in 'Beaches' comes close.
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig

Post Number: 532
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 1:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, not even your parents told you about Jeanette macDonald and Nelson Eddy? Here's a picture. EddyMac
Pog Mo Thoin.

Wax Tadpole

Post Number: 686
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila, you asked for it! [evil laughter]

"Pog*s* Mo Thoin"

gelfling

Post Number: 3641
Posted on Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

? A whole cup of butter? Mo thoin!

plomeek