Archive through March 25, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through March 25, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5356
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 8:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Starts coughing as the air fills with kapok and feathers.) Pillow fights, you got fluff on my sausages!! (Covers the cherry coke.) I'll do repairs later.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12173
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 8:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ooh, i love black hollyhocks. we have them here.

'loved the fur off it' too cute!

i would love to garden but i have a brown thumb. my accomplishment last year was one little ole jalapeno plant. the peppers got to be the size of thimbles then it kicked the bucket.

found out a neighbor's cat had been peeing on it.

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1229
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 9:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

plant matches they need the sulfer and beets like borax weird aye.

whack! i took a stuffed gorillia to the neck how did that.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9470
Posted on Monday, March 20, 2006 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, back before I got phobic about my back yard, I put in a garden for my Black Virgin, behind my shed, and planted all "black" flowers--hollyhocks, "black" roses (really just deep red), Pincushion flowers, a very dark carnation, "black" dahlias, a weird sage with purple/black flowers and my favorites--some almost black *irises*.

My friend who gardens there says most of them are still alive, growing half-wild in my absence.

Whoa--KAPOC! WTF?! I haven't seen that stuff since my hand-crocheted wool penguin that I had as a tiny tot finally unraveled Too cool! [blows a bunch of it at John and susi and tries to get it into L. A. B.'s drink, but fails]

John

Post Number: 1234
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 12:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

a black garden I would have never thought of that we have an inadvertent white garden. with splashes of blue yellow orange and red. alyssum every where white iris the only one that will grow. daises for days. I purposefully pull most of the white flowers to encourage the others but is slow in coming but is having an effect.

every thing grows so wild here then august hits and it just ugly have to have plenty of sages and lavenders interplant with the dusty millers to have something during that time. gardening is weird here.

but with time you get something

I love lobelia and all blue and purple and magenta flowers. I have planted at least 20 rose bushes for my mother to have cut roses we go for the smell and the old fashion looking ones. but have some real beauties of the most popular ones.

but gardening is something that is a life style and its getting hard to find things to grow here and they spray that junk on stuff that retards the growth so starting things is your best option.

bet that is something to see a black garden cool

kerplat!, some one just beened my with Scooby doo

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 736
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 2:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hm, 10 things I love? I don't even know if I can do that right now! LOL Let me try:

1. Obviously my new puppy.
2. animals in general, all of them, I'm a mush.
3. horseback riding, especially on a nice spring day by the water!
4. the woods, I love the woods and nature.
5. peace and quiet! (including my solitude!)
6. anything creative... especially writing.
7. studying new things.
8. anything esoteric.
9. hippy clothes!
10. mmmm... espresso with a cigarette.

Wow, I could have actually gone on! I'm amazed! That's very therapeutic.

I like to garden too, but have been a failure at it for the past few years, mainly due to finances. Planter gardens are expensive to start out. But I'm very good with plants!

Patricia! I've always wanted a black garden! That's so nifty!

I love roses too, the big fat cabbage old fashioned ones with the great smell. Always wanted to make my own rosewater and rose oils from them! And lavender too, its my other favourite scent.

Today is day what? Two or three of hell? I'm losing track now. Afraid to sleep now! My Dad has been constantly on me when he's awake, then I take my quiet time after he's asleep, so I don't get to bed til one or two, then the pup's up at 5 and that's all she wrote. I'm wearing thin, people! *DIES*
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

susi t learn

Post Number: 12177
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 7:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

mmm...trying hard to wake up. coffee please.

i don't do it intentionally, but after i've gone to home depot and bought bunches of flowers to plant, i later notice they're all orange/red and purple. no pink or white for me. i love bright.

now, where's that coffee?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5357
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 9:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Sweeps up the little white balls from all the beanie babies that exploded on the walls.) Need a triple macchiatto, didn't sleep well at all last night. Almost believe that "something/someone" is actually using nighttime to get my nerves to shoot, it stops at 5 a.m. but is worse between midnight and 3 a.m., been going on for months now. Wake up and have dry skin/freckles. It's like I'm being cooked by ultra-sound waves or something.

(Grabs whats left of bear, a blanket, and heads from the pillows, to try and catch a bit of shut eye.)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9473
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 2:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat comes in, soaked to the knees and frazzled and orders strong coffee in large quantities.

We just had a water main break 4 doors up the street and I had to go rescue the Prius before it floated away! Our street was like a river and the tarmac is all buckled over the break. And we have no water for the foreseeable future--[groan!] Good thing I have a bunch of "earthquake water" put up in plastic jugs down in the cellar

I started out with antique roses here--pinks, reds and the occasional yellow. Then for years, most of the roses I bought were big, fat, fragrant David Austin ones--modern versions of cabbage roses. Then I got to be even less of a purist and bought some modern floribundas with lots of tea rose-like blooms. But they haven't been pruned since my backyard phobia kicked in, so it's a bit like a jungle down there now

Brighid

Post Number: 737
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 3:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A true Victorian garden eh? Everything is in perfect order, just seems wild and climbing all over? HOW PERFECT! I love that look!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9477
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 4:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Except that the weeds' growing season here is 12 months--some of the ones that have grown and seeded repeatedly for over a year are literally taller than I am! Ugh. I hate to even think of the weeding that awaits me down there. And it's a huge garden--I think I counted over 60 roses 2 years ago

Now I'm listening to the lovely sound of jackhammers ripping up our poor street. What a day!

I'm glad I have Sal's to go to and hide from it today. I think I'll have a Reuben sandwich and a tossed baby greens salad with basalmic vinegar and olive oil dressing. And a big slice of cherry pie for dessert....YUM! There, I feel more cheerful already

Brighid

Post Number: 740
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 9:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LOL Try to not think of them as "weeds", try to think of them as indigenous herbs which you didn't have to plan or plant!

<.<
>.>

Okay well, it sounds good anyhow.

--From Harley

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9485
Posted on Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 9:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat comes in doing her "Happy Dance" due to the water being back on--no need to go without a shower tonight after all Though there are men and trucks working under lights up the street, still.

Brighid, "indigenous herbs" my ancient...well, never mind Some of those "herbs" are escapees from secret government bioweapons labs, if you ask me. They're unkillable and unstoppable and they have *teeth* and even *fangs* in some cases If $hrub really wanted to distract Iraq, he could just have some of their seeds dropped here and there and the whole population would have to turn out to get them under control. In the desert!

There's water in my basement--I need comfort food. Maybe some of Sal's soup (whatever she's got cookin') and some sliced, toasted French bread. With a nice glass of Merlot. Life *always* looks better through a ruby red glass of Merlot

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5366
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 12:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just got a call from my other son, sliced his finger badly and is at hospital having it sewn, could use some "meditations/blessings" for him right now!! His friend took him there, wife has to stay with the kids, so I gotta pick him up.

(Setting up the pump for Pat's basement.) It must be the full moon!!

ARGH!!

John

Post Number: 1236
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 1:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ya know the full moon this last time was a wicked one. cranky people weird events and it was huge in the sky too wonder if that means anything. and its still lingering.

Lab hope his finger is ok that is the highest pain center on the body the hands and fingers. I sliced my thumb , took the pad right off of it. and I swear pardon the analogy but it stuck out like a sore thumb and a magnet for people to abuse it unintentionally. I saw stars when it would get bumped.

any way hope all is well the computer is being weird and donít any one freak but my E mail is wacky I cant open half of it. or it opens up blank so if you sent something I might not know it.

donít worry

the X puled an emotional bomb on me today too. but he found a place the good thoughts worked in his favor there. but I still have things in his storage that I need to get out. and he told me that he would be glad when my junk was out of there. he left, not me. I had so much time to get what I could and he was unhappy with me I am moving on and he wants to play the Iím going to hurt ya game. well I called him back and said there was no need to try to hurt me. I ainít in his life any more why would he care. oh ya he came over Saturday too and needed me to take care of him while he visited the dogs. but my heart was not in it. he really does not get it. I am fine without him and have not asked help from him either. maybe that is the problem. OH well I just cant let him do this to me. I wish him well but he walked out on me.

why on earth am I saying this. I think because I actually came from a place with peace of mind from it. it did not effect me like he thought it would. I am stronger. and I feel good knock wood.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12200
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 7:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john he sounds manipulative and immature.

good for you you won't buy into his games.

healing energy to lab's son.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5370
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you, he's going to need it. He called (didn't need me to pick him up) and told the story. He was on his computer studying (he's working on the final bits of his business degree/masters) his wife (who's expecting in May another boy) had fallen asleep comforting the oldest grand son, number 2 g-son decided to climb out of bed, climb the kitchen drawers to the top cupboard, get out the vitamins, and feed the goldfish with them. He dumped them into the glass fish bowl. Son found him, made sure he didn't consume any, and saved the poor fish, who was upending. While cleaning the bowl, it broke in his hand. The hospital said he cut 1/4 of the tendon in his hand (not sure where, probably the palm.) Hope and pray he doesn't do a Rosie O'Donnell, he has to go to a plastic surgeon to have it checked out. (Now he will believe me when I say his kids are "rangy.")

John, you are stronger without "the ex", the stress of that type of personality, will just put the rubber tire around your middle and lead to heart problems physically. Build yourself more and more, enjoy the power of "the ONE/Yourself." Then you will be ready when someone fully mature and "one" himself will find his way to you.

(Grabs the left-over popcorn/pizza and crams into face, shaky hands pour the 4-bean into a cup.)

Maybe today will be better? (Kisses bear.)

John

Post Number: 1237
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 1:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

rangy kids. my nephew got in to everything when he was small. broke a glass top table one time trying to climb on it took the baby powder and squeezed it in to the air and when his mother come out to see what he was doing. he looked like Ronald McDonald. as he has that red hair. she asked him what he had gotten in to his response I am not doing any thing . a week later he was shaking the pepper can in to the air and got it in his eyes.

when it is quiet that is when he was doing this stuff. almost too quiet.

I my self as a child stuck the tweezers in the outlet. what else did I do stuck my finger in the blender just dumb stuff. but we out grew it and my brothers and sisters were like that too. my poor mother. we wanted to know about everything and limits just made us more curious.

hang in there lab we survived to adult hood I know yours will too. keep the Advil on hand for the headaches that are to come.

you guys have such nice words for me you know that is something I get very little of in real time. Thanks

but things are changing for why I donít know and for what the better I think.

the X is self centered I knew that. at times an angel but he has demons no one would want. I thought that when we were together it would change or the healing and love I had would be enough. it wasnít, but I think he is alive because of me and a little more patient.

I think he will be OK, just growing pains

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5375
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 2:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sometimes, the wisest thing is to know that you cannot cure what ails them, and to save yourself, you have to seperate. That's true wisdom, knowing when enough is enough and you are worth more than that.

(Takes the free psychology book down from the shelf, draws a black moustache, hair on Dr. Phil, and puts it back!!) Would rather read LOTR instead, (shoves the hobbits over, they always are eating all the good stuff!!) My strawberry shortcake, you guys!!! (Squirts the whipped cream high.)

John

Post Number: 1238
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 2:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dont you mean Dr. swill

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 773
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(peeks in the door)
Hi-can i come in? I've been lurking outside for a couple days now, feeling a little insecure. John, I saw you through the window last night and wanted so badly to stop in and talk to you, but just couldn't do it. I'm sorry. Sometimes I am uncontrollably shy.

It is unbelievable how kids can get into things that you have carefully put out of reach. Rangy is a good word.

(gulps down coffee)

Things are tough and getting tougher.Glad you all are here right now. Even if I don't say anything, I am still here, peeking in the windows (pun intended).
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5377
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Old "money bags" McGraw, Oprah's hand-holder.

kathy decker

Post Number: 774
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 3:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(snorts and goes to sit in the corner, muttering to self)

I HATE dr Phil. Creepy guy. Mark my words-something weird will come out about him.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

John

Post Number: 1239
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 3:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy you may have conversation with me at any time and be comfortable that i know you. I love your posts!

but i know what you mean. shy seems to be a place we retreat too. I just have a terible time with it in public myself. I always think people have an alterior motive. or I am not good enough. but it dont matter because we re good enough!

Money bags megraw

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5378
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 3:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy/John we are "good enough" and we have the answers within. Don't need anyone else to "tell" us what to do. We already know. (Shyly sits at the counter waiting for the crescent and cheeze/bacon/egg sandwich to be made.) Pass the Girl Scout cookies, Sal. (grins evilly.)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9489
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 4:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG--Girl Scout Cookies!!! THAT'S what John kept dipping into as we chatted--! Gimme one of each one that has chocolate in it [gobbling sounds] [showers of crumbs falling on the floor that John *just* swept]

L. A. B., healing vibes for your son--thank all the gods he didn't quite sever that tendon! My grandmother did, and she had real problems picking up and holding things for 50 years afterwards. And those sudden "quiet moments" with small children--my dusty old mommy instincts flare up when one occurs with my friend's toddler now. He can NOT understand why Aunt Pat *always* knows when he's into something he shouldn't be

How cool that you guys can see through Dr. Phil He irritates me so hugely that I swear my teeth itch every time I'm flipping through channels and come across him being condescending and morally superior to some poor twit

John, you're doing extremely well for the "break-up stage" you're at now. You're not falling for the ex's BS and you're looking ahead...it's taken me a year to get to that point in the past. As Granny says, "Good on you!"

Well, those Girl Scout Cookies have totally ruined my appetite A late lunch seems to be in order--see ya then.

John

Post Number: 1240
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 4:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ill take 2 boxes of the thin mints and 3 boxes of the peanut butter. hey that sign up sheets is looking bare gang some one need to go to girl scout camp.

sal comes out and signs up for 6 boxes of the Carmel delights.

pie special today any kind ya like. spirit pie umm no calories or guilt just the good nourishment of the love of the divine.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9492
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 4:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat pops back in with a funny for y'all, sent to her by her demented mother-in-law--*LOL*

And I'll take a slice of coconut creme To Go, John! Oh, and a cuppa decaf to wash it down with...Yum!

John

Post Number: 1241
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 5:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh my god your are so right!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5380
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Hogs all the Samoas) Their mine, I tell ya, MINE!! (Shoves about 4 in the old mouth.) I don't care if they put 50 lbs. on me, they're scruptious!!!

(And I'm not going to send Pat's video to five of my friends. Chain mails are a curse, a curse I tell you!!! Pulls out the soap box from under the cartoon guy.)

John

Post Number: 1242
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john unpockets one of lab's special delights and pops it in his mouth despite her coveting the box.

smiles with chocolate covered teeth.

ya chain letters whatís up with them. Fortunately my E mail can scan them out most of the time. But I am some lists. I don't know why I am but I am. So if you receive a chain with my e mail on it I did not send it. It took this long to get my uncle to stop sending them we had the Trojan horse conversation. Got his feelings hurt but stopped. And had to get his computer defragged imagine that

susi t learn

Post Number: 12211
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

think kids are rangy? they're brats i tell you! brats!lol

between my two i've extracted raisens out of nostrils with tweezers, removed dead flies out of mouths, scraped cheese out of a 9 months old mouth 'cause the other wanted to feed him and packed it solid to the tonsils, painted the great dane with my cover girl make up, painted their sleeping daddy's fingernails pink; being colorblind he didn't notice...but all the guys at work did. lol cleaned poop off a crib and the wall, cleaned crayolas off my newly painted walls, removed red ink from carpet, tried to catch a running kid in sears and tell them they HAD to put their clothes back on. when corey was two she pulled my bikini top off, which was no biggie 'cept we were at a 4th of july picnic. (i DID get a round of applause) told them teddy bears DON'T swim when you flush them, etc, etc,.....

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5385
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 6:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi, memories of a gross "kiddie" experience reminds me of yours, but don't want to share and have everyone lose their lunch in Sal's potties. Better not to know. (Sees John's chocolate moustache and begins to count the cookies.) Alright, who took half?? (Tries to hide them under the "stuffies.")

kathy decker

Post Number: 775
Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 7:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Samoas-mmmm (tucks a full box into waistband of scruffy sweatpants) not fair to hog them all, you know. We can order more-andmore- and more

Spirit pie, John, sounds great. I will have a slice of cherry-
Ever hear the pie song in the movie Michael?

(starts to sing"pie pie me oh my i love pie" everyone covers their ears at the sound of the horrible caterwauling)

OOps sorry.

Thanks, John, for everything.

John

Post Number: 1245
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 9:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey cat no problem,

well sal is in the kitchen doing prep work for the day and we are all happy today some one put celestial music on the juke box Lab has a sugar hangover from the cookies and Suzy is still shaking her head over rangy kids and john feels free today pats thinking about coconut pie still brigid is arranging the stuffies and protecting them and we are as usual just here to have fun. wonder if Sheila is going to fairy dust us today. things get mighty strange when the fairies are about. I see an gnome peaking from behind the juke box something is in the air!

hum wonder what that could be.

Hey LAB whatís the movie for tomorrow?

Brighid

Post Number: 750
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 9:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I finally got sleep!

*wanders in and orders her espresso*

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5387
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Coconut pie with the high topped fluffy white peaks, and 4-bean please (gotta help the "hang-over" along)
Sal's recipe is scrumptious.

Called son, he cut just around the right-hand knuckle, said he was feeling the throbbing. (Today is day three, when all the anesthetic wears off from the sewing.) He's got Lortabs, for night time, but he's working full-time and going to school. This may be Mother Nature's way of slowing him up a bit???

(Sniffs the bubbling coffee and sighs happy!!)

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 343
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

urgh. all along i've been thinking 4-bean was salad! but for the life of me, i can't see how beans help a hangover.

what kind of coffee is 4-bean, L.A.B.?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5393
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 12:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Four different coffee beans mixed together (French, Columbian, African, Indian) There are diffent blends.

http://www.caffecalabria.com/home/blends.htm

http://www.oldcitycoffee.com/shop/coffee.html

Brighid

Post Number: 757
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 6:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Chocolate please... lots of chocolate... and... a blanket... and the stuffie...

I'll be in the corner.

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5395
Posted on Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 6:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(pats Brighid's head) you ok?? Hug the stuffie, here's the fudge!!

Sheila Na Gig
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 508
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 6:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal, I'll have some fish and chips please and a pot of tea. Looks around amd waves to everyone. "Hi y'all!" Spots Brighid with her new puppy coming through the door. Puppy heads straight for L.A.B. who's scoffing down some custard tarts by the fireplace. Puppy dog looks up at her with the sweetest little expression on his face and then does a NO-NO
L.A.B. is not amused as it's put her right off her custard tarts.
Pog Mo Thoin.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5411
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Curb your dog, Sheila!! (Gets the doggy diapers and gets the mutt into the crate.) Board of health is going to shut down this place, food and poo don't mix!!

Sal, throw the fish and chips into that newspaper!! (hands Sheila the malt vinegar.)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9509
Posted on Friday, March 24, 2006 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

But it's *Brighid's* puppy! And pups will be pups

I've had one of those "interesting days" that I wish I could hit the rewind button on, but I can never find the damn thing!

I need a stiff drink and a blankie. [goes over to the corner and curls up with Brighid and Tandy, who's been forgiven]

Brighid

Post Number: 758
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 1:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*sulks and sucks on a hot toddy, in the corner with Tandy and the blankie and the stuffie (which Tandy has helped break in) and... Patricia!*

She did do her first two no-nos... first she ate my dad's shoes, then she proceeded to poop all over his room. It was sad, I had to clean it up. Good thing he's more patient with animals than he is with humans!

But other than that she really is housebroken!

--From Harley

John

Post Number: 1251
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 2:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

brigid that dog has arc angel potential

what is the movie and move over i need by that fire. john hugs a stuffed squid

susi t learn

Post Number: 12237
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 3:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

how 'bout 'the burbs'? it was hilarious.

Sheila Na Gig
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 509
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 4:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila sneaks into Sal's disguised as a Moslem lady (full purdah) and settles down in the back with the girls and their blankies to watch "The Burbs." Hey Sal, ya got any falafals in the deep fryer tonight? Yeah, it's me Sheila. Just got back from a costume party. Everyone looks at her suspiciously.
Alright, alright already. If you must know I'm on the run from the Board Of Education. They're tracking me down and ready to hang me out to dry.
Sheila notices from the corner of her eye that L.A.B. has got a hold of the yellow pages and has it open on the B's and is now furiously dialing a number. Getting back at me for that damn dog business, Sheila thinks.

Anyway, I thought I'd start in with the movie night hi-jinks again and me naughty joke movie got sent to the WRONG PLACE! and now I'm in it up to me eyeballs. I'll have one of those "toddies" that the Brigger is having, Sal.
Pog Mo Thoin.

susi t learn

Post Number: 12239
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 9:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

rubs eyes......i haven't even had my coffee yet...was that what i thought it was?????

oh well...(ambles over to booth and plops down).

hmmm...need salsa. need home fries. need green chili eggs.

stares at table top in stupor.

Astroboy
Username: astroboy

Post Number: 836
Posted on Saturday, March 25, 2006 - 9:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The bell above the corner of the entrance door tinkles yet again as Astro saunters in, removes his hardhat, and asks Susi, "May I join you?"

"Only if you're buying the coffee!"

"So be it!" Astro offers to pick up the java tab for everyone and buys Susi the breakfeast her mouth is watering for. Astro has toast with strawberry jelly and some freshly cut melon.

"Good morning, friends..."
"And the lion roams..."