Archive through March 16, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through March 16, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9361
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 10:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat wanders in wearing a brilliant blue/purple/green tie-dye LS T-shirt bought on Telegraph Ave. in Berkeley, a block from UC Berkeley, from a stoned street merchant about my age

nadm, hope your migraine is a thing of the past! (but if not, then don't look directly at this T-shirt without sunglasses

Sal, what's the special tonight?? I's hungry!

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie303

Post Number: 499
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 11:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh Pat tell me more stories. Berkley..
What about OHIO..
Only if you want too ??
Love the Tie Dye.. and the grannie dress..
How do you feel about patchouli Oil ?
I love it in small doses.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9362
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Patchouli? VERY small doses! *LOL* Dunno much about Ohio, buddie. I grew up next door in Western PA. But Berkeley is Hippie Central and the whole East Bay is full of hippie artist types I went to the movies with two other artist friends not long ago and I had the shortest hair...and it was waist length then! And we were all in our late 50's!!! I whacked off 7 or 8 inches last fall, but it's just getting down to my waist in back again. I love it when very conventional women look shocked when I'm wearing my hippie chick look--if they make a comment, I just thank them sweetly for their concern (!) and grin at them...P*sses them off, doncha know

Mmm--those brownies Sal's making smell heavenly! Wonder what's in 'em?

Brighid
Username: brighid_moon

Post Number: 685
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 12:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brownies?!

Someone mention brownies!?

The green kind or the gold kind? *snickers*

I love Berzerkley with a passion, but you want to make sure you have some money and not live on the streets there. About oh.... 15 years ago we bought a sheet of dud acid from a dude in People's Park. That was funny. My ex thought he knew everything ROTF that's what he gets for not listening to me! Best used clothing stores are in Bezerkley too... all those rich kids going to the college there have to have the latest look each season! Do not stay at the Hare Krishna Temple, but do go visit there for some of the best vegi-food ever! If you stay they make you wake up at 4 am for services (and then don't even have the decency to tell you what you're chanting means!) Also fun is dancing down the street with them when they're on a roll!

Vente caramel-mocha with non-fat please? Hold the junk on top, that's what puts on the pounds.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167)

"Watakushi wa shishi desu"
--From Harley

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 474
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 4:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's a photo of Sal and her best friend Ola-May outside the trailer that they share together. Look closely and you'll see what's going to be the lunch special at Sal's for the next week!
SAL with lunch special
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 475
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 4:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brighid, you're so right about those Hare Krishna meals. Many many moons ago I went to their temple with some friends. Can't remember why I was there now but they served us the most fantastic vegetarian food that I have ever tasted!
Pog Mo Thoin.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 500
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 5:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh Sheila...
couldn't get any better than that...
Sal I'll have a hot fudge sundae..Thanks

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 476
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 7:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi stopped by the studio yesterday for a fitting and her costume fit her to perfection. She looks great and ready to step into her role in our new upcoming movie.
She said she would like to portray a "Xena" type character so I of course obliged and wrote one into the script.
In the movie she works as a messenger delivering letters and parcels around town on her little moped and fighting any crime or wrongdoing she encounters along the way. Here's a photo of her all kitted out and ready for action.

Ladies and gentlemen I give to you Tina The Courier Princess!
Pog Mo Thoin.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12041
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 9:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sheila

gadzooks! i look a bit crazed, but LUV the outfit!

patricia

western penn, huh? i was born in new castle-know where that is?

speaking of hippie chic, my daughter posed in 'hippie chic' for an article on it in a florida society magazine. she always loved that era. and now HER daughter, now 11, is our baby hippie.

there's just some kind of allure to all that.

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 329
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

after Sheila's trailer pic, is it easier to see my gender confusion about our host? Sal & friend look *just* like my favorite neighborhood drag queens. i'm not implying *anything.*

i'll pass on the spam. triple espresso, pleeze. gotta hit this lingering migrainer with a caffeine sledgehammer.

i hate patchouli, but i can just sniff this crusted little bottle of vanilla extract somebody left out (from the brownies?), to stave off patchouli overdose. Sal, any chance of a piece of organic fresh fruit with this coffee?

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5254
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Throws the skis and the bag up against the wall...)Goin' skiing this morning, so fill up me "jug" to go, please Jon (orders hot oatmeal) The only thing that stays with me until lunch. If I eat too much, I lose concentration, it's awful to ski after lunch (barrels down the bunny hill.) See you at the apre-ski massage!!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9371
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 4:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat looks admiringly at L. A. B., all kitted out for actual real skiing, something that she hasn't even tried since childhood...when she found her Dad's old hand-made wooden skis up on the rafters in her grandma's garage and strapped them on. And fell down a lot.

Oy! Spam!! But I can't read the type on the box Sal's holding...? (aging eyeballs) What, oh, WHAT are we in for, special-wise, today? Inquiring minds (and tummies) want to know

In the meantime, I'll take a venti double latte with no whip--Brighid's right about at least some of the calories, but still deep in De Land of Denial about the rest of them But that's OK, since I personally ascribe to the theory that 'Vacation calories don't count'....heh, heh

nadm, I'm sorry you're still migraine-ridden. I'll bet John would make you up an ice pack--that was such a comfort to me back when I was getting them for weeks on end. Ask him to make it from crushed ice, so that it molds to your pore achy noggin. My Dad used to make ones for me out of a package of frozen peas--no sharp edges!

Can't wait for susi's big theatrical debut Yup, I do know New Castle PA. I once dated a boy from there. That's coal mining country, too, isn't it? Lots of us Welsh-Americans live there, due to ancestors who came here to do what they did back in Wales.

Brighid, I think The Skeptic has gone to those vegetarian feasts! Me, I love roast beast far too well to have tagged along. He used to go with a friend who was part of an anarchist communal household in Berkeley. Gods, I wonder if I walked right past you on the mean streets of Berzerkely, way back when?!! I always gave quarters to any of the young girls I saw, because I actually wanted to rescue all of them and take them home and feed them myself, to get them away from their exploitative boyfriends. Huh.

Pat takes her latte "to go" and heads for her studio to *paint* (Yah!)

susi t learn

Post Number: 12047
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 5:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

my grandpa from wales, after coming to alberta, moved his family to new castle. my aunt lived there most of her life; she was a professional artist and a celebrity in her own right in that town. i spent many happy days at my favorite aunt and uncle's home.

susi daydreams off in the distance thinking about the beautiful woods around their home and seeing her first shiney blue-black mole scutter across the lawn. the snow...aaahhh....

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5260
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 5:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The "blizzard" of tuesday, is all melting today, but skiing was rough, (the wind was blowing powder all over the runs, couldn't see, had to "ski" below my comfort zone, which "ow"ied my legs....the pain pills only take so much. (I'm an advanced beginner or beginner intermediate, which means, all green runs, even when they turn blue due to weather.) Sun finally came out, but I was tuckered. It was good to breath clean, crisp, fresh air though.

(Grabs the hot chocolate, and pours a "large" with huge squirt of whipped cream!!) Hey Sal, got any "sprinkles??"

buddie

Post Number: 501
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 6:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat I like your story...
you sound like the mischievous fun type and
with what ( has happened ) and is happening to you that is a gift. Leave me one anytime you drop into Sals .Those must have been great days.
I got to experience a simi hippie era
only because where I come from (used) to be 10 years behind the times when I was growing up.
But you actually lived it..cool..

Lab.hope the bunny trail didn't shake Lab up too
much..I hear you it's not fun after lunch
when you can't wait to get back to the chalet
the fire and fancy coffees..

susi t learn

Post Number: 12050
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i admire you lab, i would never attempt to try to ski. can you say t-r-a-c-t-i-o-n?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5264
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 9:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Believe me, starting at age 53 was not smart, but got hooked, broke a thumb/collarbone, but still at it. Once you feel the breeze on your face, and get over the fear of "speed" (believe me, I go very slow, in comparison to the young bucks.) We have several resorts to choose from, that we drive up to, from "easy" (Solitude) to tough (Powder Mountain.) My favorite is Wolf Mountain, (old Nordic Valley) very easy and fun, then Solitude, then Alta, Powder Mountain and Snow Basin.

(Warms hands by fire, puts on fluffy, fuzzy slippers and sips the hot chocolate slowly.)

We need some music, how 'bout some Josh Grobin??

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9379
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 12:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ooooh--yes! How about "To Where You Are" followed by his duet with Babs Streisand "All I Know Of Love" and "You Raise Me Up"

You STARTED skiing at *53*--?!!! Pat subsides into reverence as she plunks the quarters into the juke box. Wow.

buddie, I *am* mischievious (sp?) and I tend to see the funny side of even really dark stuff, all of which (I hope) really POs those who would oppress me

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1956
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

HI group!

A little story...I decided to take advantage of the calm weather yesterday and climb the extention ladder to get the leaf pack out of the eavestrough's downspout in the front of the house. But, as I was finishing up, a massive blast of wind began to rock my world, so I flattened my bod against the siding and held on.
My cap, however lifted slowly off my head and flew away, straight up. I couldn't look to see where it went, because I was doing my imitation of Spiderman.
But, when I did walk down the street to find the cap, it was gone. I went inside wondering how it could be to lose a cap like that and not be able to find it ... then I saw a Ladybug on my upstairs window (it spent the winter inside) and in the act of letting it go, I opened the airing deck door, and lo and behold - the cap was sitting right there on my tiny airing deck!
It had to have flown up and over the roof, and then travel against the wind for about 12', finally coming to a landing on the 2nd floor airing deck.
Go figure.
Simple story - the lucky hat? Kite flying? Now I know what it feels like to blow my top.

Good night.

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1177
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 1:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

that was a good story mark.

hey brigid welcome to sals.

I have had a rough few days and not very congienial. hopefully my attitude will adjust I love the conversations and stories here please carry on and know my thoughts are with you all. be back on in a few days.

they are my problems i have to work them out....

blessed be to all who dine here

some one play the juke box please

buddie

Post Number: 502
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 3:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good morning fellow insomniacs..

goes over to play Jackson Brown's
" running on empty " John I was wondering
where you were? Sal Hot fudge please.

Sits on bar stool dragging insidious feelings
behind her..

Lab I'm glad you had a great day..
all our snow is gone here..almost time to break
out the bike .

Pat thats the best form of attach

buddie

Post Number: 503
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 4:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab are you from Utah ? I found some of your
chalets and they were in that state..
Not stalking just awake too early.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5265
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's the place where the best "fluffy, powdery" snow is (which is why we got the Olympics in 2002.)

You have to understand, I'm a couch-potato most of the time, why skiing appealed to me, have no idea. Maybe it was the challenge of doing something so against my comfort zone, or that knee surgery wasn't going to keep me down. (Had that triple ligament thingy where they cut one, stretch one, and play with the knee-cap.) It took me 5 years to quit limping heavily, and all my family took ski lessons while Mom sat in the lodge, watching. I vowed if I could, would try skiing. Got those "parabolic" skis that do all the "turning" for you, and got down a really tiny bunny hill, the exhilaration of that accomplishment steeled my resolve, learned how to manage a chair lift, do more and more hills, it was very goal oriented. And nuts. (pushes the peanuts and pretzels closer, begins munching loudly.)

It's something strange about changing course on a path of complacency, so late in life. Doing things you would have done, had parents been supportive of such activities. (Went to all the "re-cycled" ski garages for used materials, so it didn't cost a fortune to have the "get-up" and we ski at the cheapest places.)

What started my thinking was many years ago, Oprah had a show, which encouraged people to take up hobbies or dreams they had when they were children, and I thought "art" was one, and skiing was the other. It's been enriching (as are those napoleons with all the lovely "creme" and raspberry sauce, chocolate swirls on vanilla icing!! Yum!!)

John

Post Number: 1179
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ok johnís home remedy corner to make a great ice pack take a wash cloth actually several and fold it in fourths wet it ring our some the water but not all and put it in a ziplock and squeeze out all the air and then mold it to the part of your body that you have trouble with and then freeze it. make several so when you have the pain or swelling its ready at a moments notice.//

other wise do use the crushed ice like pat said. it molds to the curves well/

morning all! I think that we will have eggs and sausage for breakfast and beef tips over noodles for lunch today. there are the specials but order anything you want. bringing coffee around.

Lab people just donít know how beautiful Utah is

some day I hope to get back to see the red earth and the salty ground.

Brighid

Post Number: 694
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey John, thanks for the welcome. I'll take two over easy with hashbrowns, cracked wheat and blackberry jam (real butter please, that imitation stuff makes me cry) and a stout cup of French roast with sugar and cream.

Lab, you're my new hero for the day for being 53 and starting something so new and dangerous! I look up to you for that! Its an inspiration.

(Message edited by Brighid_Moon on March 15, 2006)
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Harley

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5269
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 1:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Twiddles thumbs) should I really say that you have to be a bit on the looney side to do the above suggestion (not for the faint of heart.) But people have dreams, young and old. The saddest thing is to see some "old" person, sitting in a rocker/recliner and lamenting on "wish I'd done that, wish I coulda seen that, you are so brave/great/etc. etc." If you have a dream, explore it, research it, find where you fit, and then do it. That thread about "Hell." It's hell thinking back on what one aught to have done but didn't. That's Hell.

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 331
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 1:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks for the migraine sympathy and practical advice. even the thought of ice when i am in the M zone gives me the creeps, but to each her own. i do love the frozen peas for other boo-boos. here's my pseudo-Bhuddist meditation for the day.

Migraine Shmigraine, or How I Learned To Love Bodily Dysfunction.

when i get migraine--and this might not apply to anybody else--it's a signal from soul to body to mind (if ya can follow that path). i need to breathe in, breathe out, and stop pushing the envelope for a spell. i never get them if i'm not on overload and trying to juggle way too many plates in air at once. and they won't let go till i get off it and let some plates crash.

but i have a queer attitude towards my illnesses in general. i have yet to meet one which did not come to teach something i profoundly need to learn. i have not yet been afflicted by one which did not leave me a better human bean.

and speaking of the bean, i think i need a dirty chai today (frothed up with a couple espresso shots), vegan version if ya got it.

cheers, everybody.

John

Post Number: 1180
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 1:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think we make our own hell. the trick is not to spend much time there.

nadm, pat has a link to green bomb programming that you should look at if she comes maybe she will put it up for you . its a most interesting read.

I suffer migraines too and I thought for the longest it was something that was incurable. and spent most of my time on pain relievers. now I donít take them hardly at all.

I believe mine were to make me forget but I DID push the envelope and pushed through the pain. it was so hard to face the truth on events in my life as well all know being at UC. we quest. come times we consciously rebel or unconsciously do so.

my memories are returning. my lessons are coming in my freedom from this pain.

one veggie cup on the way, and brigid butter and black berry? a person that knows the beauty of the flavor. one of my favorites.

buddie

Post Number: 504
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 6:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi John ..quick ..Sal's scram & sam to go.
I have That oil on ..got to run.

Lab you got it ..age is lifestyle.You Rock!
Skiing is a relatively safe adrenaline rush sport.Except if someone even slightly hits into you or you fall badly and remember that rash of famous people skiing into (trees??). Poor Sonny.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5281
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 6:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Which is exactly why I'm a "greeny" skier, no trees, nicely groomed (most of the time) mapped out, no off into the powder. No "extreme" stuff for me, I got damaged enough learning.

(Picks up the cherry coke John made special for my headache.) I hope Sal keeps the "old" syrups and doesn't by the "new/improved" stuff to make sodas with, it just doesn't taste the same as years ago.
(Love fountain sodas, with chocolate foamy ice cream.)

buddie

Post Number: 505
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 7:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG! well YEARS ago they probably had drugs in the soda's that you were hooked on.Not the taste..Or maybe it was the waste Yuck !!
LAB I ski about 6 times a year.I have not made it
past the beginner intermediate Zone.Mostly little
kids.But it's for fun and thats what I have.

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 334
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 9:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

never heard of the G bomb, John.

i take rest, meditation, fluids and an occasional Ibuprofen for migraine. and of course my beloved caffeine i first had them years ago during 100 hour work weeks, and have always been able to work through them, with hyperfocus. they would boink up to high gear when i'd stop to rest.

when they come back these days, it's because i am not giving my self enough space, too many caretaking tasks. so for me, they have been a good teacher, one who pops back in to remind me when i am slipping.

i think we can get semantically criss-crossed on the subject of pain. i pray the Buddhist prayer for an end to the suffering of all sentient beings. i certainly include myself in that intention. but i also find there is something worthwhile to learn in each obstacle i encounter, and that has included (for me) instances of physical pain. i don't seek 'em out, but i will use whatever is before me.

we each have our own path. i agree we make our own hell, and our own heaven as well. curiously, it is possible to survive great pain in a variety of states, and the more we learn this, the more we are free to choose happiness, to choose joy, irrespective of circumstance.

i would never have learned that without the teacher of pain, or without the example of others whose grace mutates suffering to joy. don't mistake this for some sort of masochistic confusion. it is not. but it does have to do with not resisting what is. making a friend of whatever reality is present.

i now return to our previously scheduled program. anyone for a hand of poker?

John

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

penny candy any one, i think my generation was the very last to know that. what a joy to get a bag of candy for a dime.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5286
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Red licorice strips, little dots of sugar candy on paper, Neccos, Zero candy bars, Mountain Bars and Almond Roca. John, you really stock a great candy counter. (Sniffs for the lovely smell of fresh honeycomb chocolates.) Ah. Two pounds mixed please!!

susi t learn

Post Number: 12063
Posted on Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

mary janes. sugar daddy.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9400
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Non-pareils (sp?) my favorite 1950's movie candy. My best friend found me a bag of them for my birthday and I'm saving them for the opening of "V for Vendetta"

And those strange chewy white squares with bits of bright candied fruit in them--no memory of their name...?

I used to buy a loooooong piece of red licorice and wrap it around my skinny little arm and nibble on it all the way home from school. Hadn't thought of that in a dog's years...!

John

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

strange chewy white squares with bits of bright candied fruit in them

they are from brock's candy i love those!

now id have to say i like ikes and mikes the best. all about the jellybean these days!

John

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 12:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

pat they are called and it only took me 30 minutes to find them...

Jelly Nougats Brachs

they dont make them square any more though. kinda oblong and softer then they use to be too. I liked when they were kind of hard.

Brighid

Post Number: 699
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dots... I loved Dots... I miss Dots... *sobs*

--From Harley

Brighid

Post Number: 700
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OOOOO and "Dip-em"s!

<.<
>.>

I feel old, thanks guys.

--From Harley

John

Post Number: 1188
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john passes out pop rocks as we all lace our roller skates, some one puts don't ya think i' sexy on the juke box.

woah, great moves buddie and pat i never knew you could do those jumps! Lab and susi are skating backwards and people watch in amazement as john does not fall down.

John

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brigid, here we can have spirt candy and we dont have to miss it.

excuse me while i relace my skate.

care for a skate any one.

Brighid

Post Number: 701
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*hands out cans of Coke for the pop-rocks, then slips them all some Black Velvet from a brown paper bag (which goes back in the fringed leather purse over her shoulder), before continuing on to the skate-floor in her hip-hugger bell-bottoms, tube top and satin jacket*

What who me?

--From Harley

John

Post Number: 1190
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey I am wareing my sky blue satin jacket with jean shory shorts and a white tank top.

woah that black velvet made me woozy ya blame the liquor they will never know I cant skate

I really like you brigid

Brighid

Post Number: 702
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just don't ask what else is in the purse...

*winks slyly as she skates in circles away*

--From Harley

John

Post Number: 1191
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 1:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ok meet ya in back in 5 minutes.
wink wink

the wall magically disappear and sals grill morphs in to a DJ booth and the whole kitchen area turns around and rises in the air as sal slips into a hot pink halter and her hair feathers back perfectly with a spray of red on each side. flipping burgers suddenly becomes spin'n disks as she turns disco inferno and silently starts rockin

shane finds him self in the skate check out. the girls all are trying to flert with him

buddie

Post Number: 506
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 6:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH LAB
YEAH Pat "V"

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 479
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 7:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning all! Sal, I'll be having a coffee mocha and a spam on rye to go.

While waiting for her order Sheila checks out the
the contents of Sal's Bulletin Board
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 480
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 7:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

An Announcement
Pog Mo Thoin.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5287
Posted on Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 9:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Grabs the "Wintergreen" Lifesavers while John turns down the lights.) Sparks flying as I whirl around that first corner to "Why do Birds fall down from the sky, every time, you walk by...." Karen Carpenter's voice slinky and low wafts out of the loud speakers. Susi's fallen down again, guess I'll slow up and pick up her bones. You need to change skates, Sus.

(Slides by the "eats" counter, grabbing a pepperoni pizza slice.) Waiting for John and his "white" shirt, (slaps it on the front.) There ya go, it really makes lovely red art.