Archive through March 13, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through March 13, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1158
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ya sal short for sally,

high octane coming right up!

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 321
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

as for the name confusion, i worked in Little Italy too long... (blame that for the espresso habit too).

not sure how ah'm a gunna pass off the gender confusion, though.

[chug-a-lugs coffee, holds out mug for refill]

John

Post Number: 1159
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 10:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

she is a mother goddess type to me with her gifts of love and cooking she is every ones sister mother grandmother. she has warm red hand and a big heart.

and we neednít worry about health issues with her food as it is of the soul and nourishes just what needs fixing for the time being in he people that consume it.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1948
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...and big boobs, and tennis shoes, and a hair net, and ...?

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5213
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 11:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sitting watching the "blizzard" outside my window (snow is dumping piles, it's two inches in less than an hour!!) Pour that "hot" stuff into me, it's cold!!!

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie303

Post Number: 488
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

nadam

I picture Sal as that TV lady from Hollywood Sqs.
RoseMarie..(I think Sally from old Dick Van .re-runs)
(OMG! THE BOARD WON'T LET ME SAY HIS LAST NAME)
Lol..

and Tiny is either Charles Bronson or
Micky Roonie..I can't decide .

Hi all.. John that sounds delicious but I'll have
a half potion please..Large ice water for now.

John

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 11:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sal comes out of the kitchen and rearranges marks disposition with a long handled scrub brush.

Sheís a goddess not a lunch lady!

Mark

Post Number: 1950
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Whip me!
beat me!
...make me cheap, lady.

John

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

apparently she is a dominatrix to some.

OMG, this is deteriorating rapidly.

mark I wonder about you and your subservience to a lunch lady mistress

Mark

Post Number: 1951
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I believe in giving women what they want.
Usually they return the favor.

John

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 12:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

speaking of which sal wants to know what you want for breakfast and if you have any art to put up on the walls.

BTW mark I really liked what you had to say in the being harassed thread. it made a lot of sense. its like a pendulum to me the way people experience spirituality and how I have been, my self, in the past. but I am now just accepting the experiences as they come. I still question things but now I am not so hard on the answers I get. its being and witnessing for me now

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 322
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 1:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

okay, that's just discrimination. how come i can say Dick but i can't say woman-who-partners-with-woman?

here's the thing. i suspect Sal is a closet transvestite. cuz i swear i have seen him/her in a sweaty men's t shirt, big beer gut hanging over "his" belt, apron riding low and big brawny arms poking out the sleeves. and then there's that chin fuzz goin' on.

[ducking for cover].

but maybe i just stepped into a parallel cafe universe.

[nadm sweeps up remains of sand and collects discarded beach umbrella and folding chairs, skulks back outside, grabbing a slice of sweet potato pie for the road]

John

Post Number: 1165
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 1:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

your talking about sal at folton's fish market.

nice fellow....

ya there is beach stuff all over still

sal is omnipresent and transdimensional so its a possibility!

oh you can say woman who partners with woman here. absolutely!

I am of that persuasion. only my partner went on his way. but life goes on and we are who we are. and welcome the new in our lifes. and stand up for our rights. oh gosh is a parade about to start. fealing right joyfull today it can be anoying for those around me.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5217
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 1:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Takes up broom and dust pan, sweeps under the booths, under the stools, under the glass shelves, etc. etc.) Someone left the box of tiny paper umbrellas, and some beautiful couch sea shells.
(Puts the glasses and punch bowl in the dishwasher.)

Next mini-vacation, we'll all chill at the Ski lodge, by the crackling fire, toasting marshmellows.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 489
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 1:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you just described half the male
population in my home town..glad I left early.

Your right about Dick WUWT ??

John or LAB..
I'm being serious just for a minute Sal,,

John you have that thread about the book of enoch.I've read references from it in other books
and I find very interesting.
I want to read enochs version of Christ's incarnation and death on the cross .
I googled enoch and got 10 years worth of material.I don't have the patience..
I only want to read that part for now so if
there is a link could you send it to me ?
Thanks

Back to regular programming

tuuli kki
Intermediate Member
Username: tigerseye

Post Number: 124
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 1:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal's one comely woman!

Oh L.A.B., let Mark do that.

Let's go to one where there's horses.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5219
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 1:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Use "wikipedia" Buddie, it "simplifies" things.

John

Post Number: 1167
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 1:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

let me look in it and ill get back to you on it I have put it down for the time being and just have not gotten back to it.

but your right other books do reference it a lot and it does have some cross over to but not just Christianity but a lot of beliefs.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5220
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Just type the thing you want in their "search" and the pages come up.

John

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 2:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

labs right its easier to look on wikipedia. I always forget about it. for some reason. its kind of becoming the virtual combine knowledge of humanity.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9350
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 2:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat wanders in late, peering into the booths in the back for nomie, but she doesn't seem to be here yet. Darn!

Vision still bleary and only partly caffeinated, Pat cannot grasp the gist of the conversation about Sal....a *guy*--!!!! Orders a double Mocha on the rocks and a Mimosa (heavy on the Champagne) and lets them fight it out

Sal slides a biscuits n'gravy into the window just as John sets the Mimosa in front of me and in seconds the tantalizing aroma of sausage gravy wafts up and fills my suffering sinuses....*Bliss* on a plate!

Was going to post those pastel drawings of Hong Kong movie stars yesterday, but forgot. Will do it today as soon as I finish sucking up all this wondrous manna from Heaven.....

tuuli kki
Intermediate Member
Username: tigerseye

Post Number: 125
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 2:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll be cross-eyed if I read any more begats, for now. Cryptic tales of fallen angels and their illicit relations with women is well documented in Harlequin.

lol, sorry, couldn't resist.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 490
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 3:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Lab,John
This will keep me out of trouble
Hi Pat looking forward to the pastels.
Hi tuuli

OH John.I( my friend )sold my car... ..that list is diminishing

John

Post Number: 1169
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 3:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

cool! hope you got what you wanted out of it. so things will find a normalcy again....

things are getting to a good point for me again. i want to keep it that way for awhile. a good long while.

anyway i have been on here too lng and hope that you have a good rest of the day ill be back on tonight.

have to plan an entertainment tonight for us.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9355
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 5:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat tacks two tiny little old pastel drawings up on the Art Wall and launches into her "Hong Kong film spiel--short version"--

Only can find two of my old pastel scans--one of Chow Yun Fat when he was young and THE coolest film noir/gangster actor in Hong Kong cinema. On that graffittiied wall he's leaning against, I scribbled the titles of some of his greatest movies--"Full Contact", "A Better Tomorrow (1,2 & 3!)", "Hard Boiled" and "City On Fire". Somehow, I left off one of my all-time favorites--"The Killer" where he accidentally blinds a young nightclub singer in a shoot-out. It's one of--if not the best Hong Kong films ever made and was directed by John Woo. Chow and Woo together created the noir Hong Kong cop/gangster genre and their long collaboration saved both of their faltering careers and made them into international stars.

The other one is of a young Jet Li from one of the fun Chinese historical movies that he made. Not sure if it's from "Fong Sai Yuk/The Legend" or "Wong Fei Hung/Last Hero in China" but both were loads of fun to watch.

Pat collapses onto a stool at the counter and wishes John were around. She suspects he somehow KNEW she was going to talk everyone's ear off on the subject of HK films and slipped out for just that reason Everyone else just silently gives thanks that it was the "short version" and goes back to their reading while Sal, trying hard to look interested, pours Pat a whistle-wetting tall glass of iced tea with lemon, no sugar

John

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 6:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

checked back in pat you can talk about Chinese cinema any time....

thatís how I take my tea too!

(Message edited by johnalbert on March 12, 2006)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5232
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 6:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think Jet Li could be the "Brad Pitt" of China, he's gorgeous and so wonderous to watch (the last "Lethal Weapon" he stole the film from Mel!!) His presence on the screen was arresting. Wish he'd make more movies here!!

John

Post Number: 1171
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 6:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

great pastels btw

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9358
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 7:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, John. I've done very few of them, compared to acrylic paintings, but I really like the medium a lot

L. A. B., me too! What a *doll*! I just wish he hadn't fallen into the hands of the "C" movie/hip-hop producers so early on (after the fall of the Hong Kong cinema)--he's made some really bad movies here. Which is so weird, when he made such great ones in China and was such a huge star...?? It's like the only decent producers who hire him cast him as the villain. I just don't get it at all...?

I'm so glad Sal has a fire going in the fireplace today--it's cold and damp today. Even my Scrub Jays are soaked to the skin and pitiful-looking. But we had a whole tree full of Cedar Waxwings this AM perched in a purple-leaved plum tree among the pale pink blossoms...in the mist they looked like a Japanese brush painting.

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 768
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(runs in, soaking wet, hair dripping in eyes and goes directly to the juke-plays Crystal Gale's Ready for the Times to Get Better)

It's been too long a time with no peace of mind and I'm ready for the times to get better

Okay, I'll stop

I've had enough of this perpetual rain hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hmmm

all right, sorry

(hangs head)

What's this? A fire? Great. Just what I need to dry off

Hot chocolate would be great, thanks Sal.

(sniffs)

I always knew Sal was a woman

I was talking to my friend today and I realized my state of mind is not that great.I am sure I must have cancer-if not one kind then another. Skin cancer, ovarian cancer, breast cancer, do they have tooth cancer? I swear, I think I am covered in tumors.

Okay, I'll settle down. Fear is an ugly thing, to be sure. With my dad having colon cancer and my sister having ovarian cancer, I just have had enough.

Things are going to get better, I just know it.

Phenomenal artwork, pat. I am in awe of your talent.

(Grabs the windex and starts washing the windows)

There. Now when the sun shines again we can enjoy it all the more.
Wish I had seen those cedar waxwings. Sounds beautiful.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 466
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 12:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila saunters in, orders an Irish cream coffee with REAL liquor and sits by the fire next to Kathy.
"Yeah Kathy, you betcha. Things are gonna get better. Just keep on hitting those positive vibe buttons."

After the Crystal Gale song ends Sheila goes to the jukebox and selects "The Times They Are A Changing" By Peter, Paul and Mary.

Pat, your artwork (along with L.A.B's) is just phenomenal. I loved Chow Yun Fat in "The Replacement Killers." Jet Li I have yet to become aquainted with. Know the name though.

L.A.B, here's a little something just for you. When you mentioned that my little matador piccie should have been X-rated, I thought I would put a REAL X-rated pic on here for you. Just to compare. Enjoy! Do The X!
Pog Mo Thoin.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 491
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 5:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning Kathy,Shiela..Ya Sal just tea..
Kathy you must come on our next virtual
Vacation it will get your mind off those
negative nasties..Shiela cute..
Pat the pics are brilliant.
Food Film trivia..
the title contains an edible item..hee..hee
name the film from the 60's & 70s..
1/ 1969..the life of a shy
schoolteacher at a boys private school.
peter o'toole..petula clarke..

Yes John things worked out with in $100.
of what he said I'd get..I'm glad he did it for me but it Really Ticks me off that I would need to have him to do the talking..Women and cars..men just see Victim..I think anyway..

Mark

Post Number: 1952
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 6:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Goodbye Mr. Chips

Name the 60's British film that featured David Warner in a gorilla suit riding a motor scooter.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 467
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 9:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Umm, The Killing Of Sister George?

No, wait a minute, that was Beryl Reid and she wore a nurses uniform.

I'm guessing "Casino Royale."
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 468
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 9:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Or one of the "Carry On" movies.
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 469
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 9:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila sits at the counter and spreads out her newspaper while John pours her a coffee. Strong, double-double please. And I'll have one of your excellent pecan danishes as well.

After a while she can be heard giggling softly to herself. She passes round theNews Storythat she finds so amusing to everyone.
Pog Mo Thoin.

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 323
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 9:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

tuuli, yep, made me too cross-eyed to post to that thread.

John, just cuz i can: Dick Van Woman-Who-Partners-With-Woman.

sorry, that was a pretty lame joke, but i'll take any yuks i can get with this migraine. Sheila--my kinda news bite! ye ha!

Fulton Fish, i knew i'd seen that Sal somewhere. [holds out mug] hit me again, wouldja, and i ain't talkin' whiskey.

i'm all for the ski lodge, but i am not doing any shussing. veg in front of the fire, that's my ticket. [stretches out in front of Sal's fireplace and promptly begins snoring]

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5235
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 9:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Read the "article") Hey Sheila, that made my day, gives us old "hippies" hope, (passes out luv beads and peace signs) don't ya think it's time for the John Lennon "Revolution" (Throws it in the CD player.) Sniff, wish John were still here. And George too.

(Pours a cup of "Constant Comment" teas with the oranges and spices wafting up nostrils, and pours in sugar...) Ahhh... the fire could use a few more logs.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12022
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi walks in, hears the word 'hippie'...glances down at her tie dyed shirt and smiles. i think i'm in the right place.

sidles up next to sheila and wonders if she can do the crossword.

coffee please. maybe sourdough toast with marmelade. not much appitite these days. ah, but i've lost 10 pounds.

so.....whazzuup?

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 471
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yo sooze, L.A.B, nadm and y'all! Looks like we're all just a bunch of old hippies round here.(Sheila passes round patchouli oil to all, puts up a couple of psychedelic posters on the wall and boogies along to "Revolution."

Here's the crossward sooze. I've only done 5 down and 7 across. Got stumped on the rest.

Anyway,I was reading another news item here at home this morning. Seriously this time. Amazing story. Google the name "Alison Lapper" if you have not heard of her already. What an amazing woman.
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 472
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, you can go to her website http://www.alisonlapper.com
There's a chapter from her book you can read there.
Pog Mo Thoin.

John

Post Number: 1172
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

liked the news story sheila just waking up now I had to re build my fire. I slept the whole night through again! whatís up with that. I might just get use to it.

ya that ainít right buddie, but when men need something like support or a hot meal or some other thing they always come back to the woman. the trick is not to give in. but cool about the car.

I should have put my tie-dye on this morning I think my sister stole it. I am an 80's baby myself, but I donít long for the days of bad German fashion or flashdance attire.

anyway morning all hope the day clears up here and I have a fresh pot of coffee going and will be around for your orders soon

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 770
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 4:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey everybody

Time for The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 2006 induction ceremony.

(plays Crazy Train by good ole Ozzie)

The twenty-first annual induction ceremony will take place at the Waldorf Astoria hotel in New York City on March 13, 2006. The inductees are:
Black Sabbath
Blondie
Miles Davis
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Sex Pistols
Herb Alpert & Jerry Moss

Wish I had a ticket.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 324
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 4:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

[nadm's eyes crack open. nadm rubs eyes with both fists, stares at sooze's shirt, bursts out laughing, and looks down]

uhn, buncha old hippies, alright. half mah dang wardrobe is dyed with da tie. an' i just pulled out Cindi Lauper's true Colors from the CD player in the van...

okay. Tuesday is purple tie dye day. Wednesday will be orange tie dye day. Thursday is green tie dye. Friday yellow. see how far ya can get. high score buys a round of hemp juice Saturday. (is there such a thing as hemp juice? Sal may need to special order.)

coffee's kinda sludgy. any chance of a fresh pot, Sally?

[nadm digs down in coat, pulls out bag of homemade granola, munches happily.]

susi t learn

Post Number: 12033
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey, speaking of hemp...did you know the declaration of independance was written on hemp paper?

tis true. tis true.

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 327
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 5:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wonder what was in them hand rolled ciggies they was smokin.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 494
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 7:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Sal..John..cough..cough..the incense wafting through the the cafe screen door is Lovely.
Memories of a ..Oh what the hell..

Sheila just catching up..Thats the kind of news I like to here..there is hope..
Susi..I love Patchouli oil.. so much so I bought some recently ??

Buddie has daisy in here hair and around her neck
and plays" Are you Going to San Francisco.."
John ,the Lava lamps work?? We need windex they look smudgy... FAR OUT !!
Will are next vacation really be " A Trip " ?

susi t learn

Post Number: 12037
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, maybe i'm not a 'genuine' hippie...hate patchoulli.

prefer amber and musk.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5250
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 7:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Gag...sniff...sneeze...) Is that Patulli Oil or Elsha?? (Must be trying to drown out the smell of MJ!!) (Opens vents and screen doors,..the fire roars higher!!) Ack, wait a bit for the "smores!!"

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 496
Posted on Monday, March 13, 2006 - 8:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

O god I love it.. what do you mean ! Is it bad for your health ?? If not I love it.