Archive through March 12, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through March 12, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie303

Post Number: 465
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Bar-stool..High/ Pedestal
I have a feeling a comment I made may
have caused some uncomfort..trying to explain
it..what else is new..

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1144
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie i am unomfortable in my own skin too. youll be fine my friend.

lab I did not know that they bought the wrong ones. agh! no its goes from bad to outragious why is this always the case with fema yet is any one being held responsible, probebly som low person on the totem pole.

sad

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 451
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 6:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well L.A.B, not a romance novel. I'm going for another movie this time with you as the star. I hope the surname that I've chosen for you in the billing meets with your satisfaction. You will be billed as "Lab Coatay." Nadm willed be changed to Nadmilla and oh yes, have I ever got a "marvelous" character in mind for Patricia. He-he-he, revenge is sweet.
Expect story scenario and full cast of characters to be up on the board soon.
Must remind myself to call Cecily Heavenridge. That name simply begs to be on a movie marquee.
Pog Mo Thoin.

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5189
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 6:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Hopes she gets to be a pirate!!) Want to learn fencing, lots of swash and buckle (can ya tell I'm waiting for Pirates of the Caribbean 2?)

Pops the popcorn and pours on the butter, (it's Friday, movie night at Sal's, pick yer favorites.)

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 12012
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 6:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

uh, sheila...did i ever tell you xena, warrior princess is my idol??? :-)

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 471
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 7:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

can't wait Sheila..

That movie with Humphrey Bogart
& Kate Hepburn.They are going up the
river in a boat and she is all"prissy"
and he is "Manley"
and she is falling for him..
Yes that one..

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 472
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 8:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sal begins to (on....off) the Dimmer switch
in preperation for Movie night..
just as John walks in for his shift.
Crash..tumble..No no I'm fine Sal..
Lights come up and John is smiling Movie Night.

Buddie claims a bean bag chair and hopes Pat
smuggles in the kittens.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5192
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 8:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(One "African Queen" coming up, then we'll have "Guys and Dolls" with Marlon Brando singing.)

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 452
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 8:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila sneaks in the back entrance unseen, rushes behind the counter and switches the dvd in the player. Now, instead of settling down to "African
Queen" the audience will be treated to "The 1001 Erotic Nights Of Pauline:A Fallen Woman." Hee-Hee.

L.A.B, Sorry no pirates kiddo. Your role will be far more swashbuckling!

susi, was thinking of you playing "God" again but I guess you're probably bored
with that. I'll see if I can fit a tall broad-shouldered amazon into the mix for you.
Pog Mo Thoin.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5193
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 8:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Waits with copy of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" in the wings.) It's merely a flesh wound!!

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 453
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 9:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nyet! Nyet! Nyet! Foiled again! Sheila retreats to gather re-inforcments.

I'll be back!
Pog Mo Thoin.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 473
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 9:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

.it's only a flesh wound I
remember that.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 454
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 9:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As the audience laugh and inhale popcorn to the antics of Monty Python on the screen, suddenly from outside a loud, thundering voice penetrates the interior of Sal's Diner, rattling the glasses on the shelves.

"Would everybody please vacate the building now!
"I repeat, everyone must vacate the premises at once! This is an emergency. Repeat, we have an emergency situation."

When the startled audience rush outside, some choking on their popcorn, they are met by the sight of Sheila flying overhead in a hot air balloon and shouting into a megaphone.

By the time they figure out that they've been had, one of Sheila's lackies has slipped inside Sal's and replaced the Monty Python dvd with "The Sexual Gymnastics of Big Gerta The Russian."

Queen to King four, check!
Pog Mo Thoin.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5194
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 10:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Sees "Wallace and Gromit" in their balloon, and the "moons" collide.) Ah, Sheila...I don't play chess,
(not even Harry Potter's kind.)

Everyone, come on back in, the projector will rewind to where we left off (Robin Hood, Men in Tights) "We're men, men in tights "tight, tights!!"

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 455
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 11:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila agree's to settle down and behave herself. She grabs some popcorn and watches the antics of "Men In Tights." (I don't play chess either L.A.B. I just think I can).
Pog Mo Thoin.

John

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was hoping for cheesy sci-fi but these are great movies! john pockets the fifty sci-fi classics that he has brought. another night.

still looking for green mansions lab. now I am so interested in what it is about that movie that you like.

can I be in your movies too Sheila? I can see my name in lights staring John Albert as the plumber or something which would be my luck

John

Post Number: 1146
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 12:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I hate the part when they sell off the kids to scientific testing.

every sperm is precious........

susi t learn

Post Number: 12013
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 2:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you can be the plumber as long as there's no butt crack!

John

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 2:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wareing suspenders and my melvins

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 759
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 2:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi guys.

Last night I saw that they wanted portraits of George Noory's future incarnation as Dexter Monterrey to be sent in to Coast to Coast.

Now I figured that instead of identifying with our astrological signs, in the future we will choose to simplify and become one with our natural element.

Dexter's element will be water, and cosmetically he will alter his appearance accordingly, flowing hairstyle and blue tinted skin, etc.

He will spend a great deal of time in the submerged city of New York, which will have become a modern day Atlantis.

If you want to see my sketch, its on page two of the Dexter Monterray gallery at www.coasttocoastam.com.

Hey, I will have a cherry pop tart and a glass of milk.

(slips The African Queen back in the dvd player when no one is looking)
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

John

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 2:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

cool kathy! its actually the best one on there by miles!

kathy decker

Post Number: 760
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 2:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Glad you like it.The original is better-it scanned funny (totally NOT used to putting art on the computer).

I actually did not think they would even put it up.

I liked the folks in the tinfoil hats.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

John

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 3:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am so inept at getting my stuff on the computer as its an old computer and I have no scanner was supposed to get all that for Christmas but I guess other plans were instore for me. but as long as I have to possibility of making art life is good.

I so need to get back on track with it. have put it off for too long.

ya the tinfoil hats were good too. I entered in the Ian punet one. they did not accept it though I wonder if its still in my photo bucket. ill have to see. I put him in a granny nitey and a big hat its was to funny I thought. well it was fun at the time.

kathy decker

Post Number: 761
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 3:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sounds funny to me. I don't even know what photobucket is! i use a combination of pencil and ink, looks great but the ink scans too dark and the pencil too light.

I never do this sort of thing, was just bored last night and thought I'd learn to use the scanner.

John

Post Number: 1151
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 4:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Photobucket is a online url genorator for your photos and art work its free and you can rotate the things you have in there. they ask you a lot of questions just say no to them all you will still get the account.

Imageforge, art editing program its real basic but kind of fun and you can edit scanned photos or art work and tweak them a bit if they did not turn out to your liking. Its free ware.

http://photobucket.com/

http://www.cursorarts.com/ca_imffw.html

(Message edited by johnalbert on March 11, 2006)

kathy decker

Post Number: 762
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 4:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Getting tired now, should probably go to bed.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 474
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 5:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John I'm not hungry but I'll hang around until Sal comes in you can go home,puts kathys picture
on the wall..very cool !!

Buddie fluffs her bean bag and grabs one of the sci-fi movies but can't figure out the projector?

I'll just start the disc ball ( on slow )
pick a few tunes ( mellow )and I'll play with the gadgets behind the counter..
soda fountain ,whipped cream dispenser,
milkshake maker.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 476
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 9:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sal here's the money for those 2 brownie delight sundays I ate not feeling
so good.Sal I had this quirky dream last night
it just came to me..although I could swear I didn't sleep..

I was covering a story about a lady who was a champion at out running Bulls..So they start running this huge bull is gaining on her so
she runs off the main road down an embankment
and dives into one of those steel drainage pipes
to get away from the bull.She barely fit but the
bull dove in also.When they came out the other
side she was upset that her shirt got dirty and
the bull had no horns just the stubs .They were
cut off by the steel pipe.Now that it's written
down I can see a correlation to some things I'm
dealing with..cool !!
It made no sense an hour ago.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5197
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 9:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6303120466/sr=8-1/qid=1142086957/r ef=pd_bbs_1/102-7006207-1034528?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

Here's the link to "Green Mansions" John
(Sits down with Kathy to watch the rest of "African Queen") Kate was so vital in that movie, vivacious. The "leech" scene gets me every time.

(Grabs the big glass of coke, the rest of last night's popcorn *I like it cold* and enjoys.)

Hey Kathy, great sketch. Your's actually could look like him (in future!!)

(Message edited by Leathab on March 11, 2006)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5198
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy, there's also "image shack" which you can sign up for, it's free. http://imageshack.us/

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 457
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi pick-up.

Just dropping off susi's new ID card. Said she would pick it up when she stopped by for her morning cup of java.
Guess she's all set to go visit the land of her half ancestors now! susi ID

John, you've already been cast in the movie!

buddie, neat dream you had there. Guess you're not quite ready to catch the bull by the horns yet, eh?
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 459
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 11:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie, this photo reminded me of that bull-chasing dream of yours, only this bull had horns.
sharp horns! John, you squirming yet? Close Call
Pog Mo Thoin.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5201
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Above photo should be rated "X") Is that what is known as the very painful "bikini wax" (done with bull horns rather than the wax!!)

susi t learn

Post Number: 12014
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

uh...what's that about something in the hand and not the bush???

sheila...ooooh...you made me YOUNG!

well, can't stay, we're off to the mall. wheel of fortune is there picking contestants. the kid's a mega fan.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 478
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 1:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sheila I think so.Because even though I was the reporter I was the one running for my life too.

I told the bull he looked like a raindeer then the dream went haywire..friends showed up discussing this bull without horns..I left all that out due to sheer crazyness.
OMG..susi I hope you & bryn get picked.

LAB..
did Marlon Brando actually sing at one time ?
Can we slip by the BA with risky photos ?
The leech scene is the best..but that movie
captures something from long ago productions
I'm assuming it was shot at a studio I love studio stuff now..

John

Post Number: 1152
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 2:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila Na Gig OMG that killed me this morning. that just goes to show a person what being horny will get ya. it could be kind of gory! not to mention I was wishing something like that on an ex-Spaniard that ran from the bull who recently escaped. did you all know I am a Taurus!

Buddie I have a moose that chases me in my dreams only I am dumb because he is trying to warn me of impending danger. he even talks like bulwinkle.

you could have a bull spirit guide.

lab thanks for the links

john pours the coffee and the good cheer all around. have no idea what the specials are today feel in a fog again.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9341
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 3:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat slides onto a counter seat, well-rested and wide awake for a change, and orders the Blue Plate Special, trusting that Sal will produce something heavenly as usual.

And groans at John's pun ("gory" indeed!). That one was worthy of The Skeptic

Nice future incarnation portrait, kathy! I'm glad it's up on our wall here. I'll try to put up some ancient pastel drawings of mine later on today. You know who should enter that C2C gallery? Mark--I believe he does spirit portraits, so it's not a stretch to imagine him doing good future incarnation portraits too.

John slips a hot platter piled with steak smothered in onions and mushrooms, mashed potatos and salad in front of Pat and she swoons off the counter stool and has to be hefted back onto it by buddie, L. A. B., Sheila and susi. I love Sal!

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 480
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 3:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John.your Taurus..thats wonderful because the only guy I ever really connected to happened to be a Taurus..too many years ago.I'm so glad I sent you a Moose for your keychain

Maybe I do have a Bull guide? Sal said I ate too much popcorn ? Very grounded observation..
So whats the intinerary ??

kathy decker

Post Number: 763
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, I think I know that foggy feeling. You, me and buddie stayed up too late last night.

I haven't even showered yet,got up around nine, took the cats out to their fenced in backyard and sat in the sun sipping coffee.

Cleaned the house, please pardon my grubbies, but i need some cottage cheese and fresh fruit salad for brunch. (none of that low-fat stuff, when I'm here I eat the good stuff).

(Plays Hell's Bells)

AAAh, now that should get the blood pumping up to the old brain.

(punches up Iron Man, and then Miles Davis Flamenco Sketches )

There ya go. A little metal to get ya goin' then some cool jazz to help you appreciate being alive.

Loved the peekaboo bull fighter photo.

John

Post Number: 1153
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kind of liked movie night though I missed most of it lets have another as it is cold and looking like rain. hope the yard guy donít show up and he has a mud hole to contend with in the lawn.

April Taurus actually. weird about the dream thing too and the feet. had those before they were want I call my submission dream experiences. but I made it through those experiences. what ever they were. And my key chain is right here by the computer weird that you mention it!

pun the lowest form of humor, I agree pat but they just slip out. besides the Monty python made me to comfortable in that area. I must remember my higher humor, which surprisingly is kicking in today.

John

Post Number: 1154
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 3:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I see Ann but up Gilda Radnerís picture on the todayís head lines on the UC home page today. I cant tell you how much I loved this woman and she was making people laugh right up to the end. It was a horrible loss when we lost her. Well maybe she is making people laugh in spirit now. She still makes me smile

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 481
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 4:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John thats enough..Gilda !! Gilda OMG..I bawled my eyes out for 2 days when she died..The funniest little thing I ever saw..Tod and Lisa..
OMG..noogies..ah Tod !!

John

Post Number: 1155
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 4:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

supposed to remember the good not the tragedy...

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 482
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 4:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy..does Joseph and Amanda Boyden mean anything to you?I saw a piece on the news about them she sings and he's an author I think.
New Orleans Music please..The Sound trax from the Big Easy..start of with PineGrove Blues.
By Dewey Balfa..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5202
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 8:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Comes in from seeing "The Libertine" all bleary-eyed) Johnny definitely has out-done himself with this performance, not for the squeamish. He will get academy award nod for it. Very "period." He sparkles again.

(Pours the coffee and orders a hot fudge banana split to get the strength back!!)

kathy decker

Post Number: 765
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll have a hot mint tea and a blueberry scone, thank you.

Buddie, no, I never heard of those folks.

Folks. I remember the first time a waitress addressed my husband and myself as "folks' we looked at each other and giggled and said "now we are really grown up".

Gilda, Gilda. I adored her. Just thinking about her now brings a smile to my face. I thought she died of ovarian cancer, though.

Johnny Depp. Now that is a fine fellow. I heard the Libertine was not so good, though. Glad to hear otherwise, lab.

We had a lovely afternoon. After I left here, I showered, and my husband mixed up a couple of martinis and a plate of munchies. We closed the curtains and watched "The Fog", one of those movies you love to make fun of. The girls who take off their clothes first are always the first to die.

Then I trundled off into the bedroom and took a two hour nap. I sit here before you, refreshed and joyful.

I do love my husband.

MM this tea is great, and the scone is to die for. Sal, you have outdone yourself again. The best baked goods in cyberspace.

Hey, did you know I have the ghost of John Candy in my basement?

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 487
Posted on Saturday, March 11, 2006 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John Candy..
I have his last movie poster Kathy..here take it put it in your basement he will never hurt you..why is he there ?

Johnny Depp..
Gives LAB an I wish I could make it go away HUG..
Are you posting tonight or sleeping Lab..
I'm pretty tired myself ?

John

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 9:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

morning all,

I slept the whole night trough!!!!!!!

I had wonderful dreams of the people here on these threads. some one showed me their house and was happy I was there. and today its cold and I have made a fire and the dogs are nestled together and keeping warm. normally they are always out doing each other and vying for dog treats.

any way we got the coffee brewing and the biscuits and sausage gravy would be my suggestion with a side of apple smoked beacon.

sal is in a particularly good mood today and it can be tasted in her cooking and her gentle humming wafts from the kitchen like the sound of good food!

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 320
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OMG.

Sal is a *she*...

more coffee, puh-leeze! the hi test stuff.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5210
Posted on Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I picture Sal as being from the South, a legend with all the old "most-fattening" recipes, creating the greatest filling meals that are remembered for a lifetime. Sure, we'll all die of heart disease, diabetes etc. etc. but we will have "lived" those hours, snarfing the best top quality goodness that Sal produces like "magic!!"

And her coffee with the "hidden" ingredients that make the smell hypnotise?? Cannot be beaten anywhere. (Leaves the tip jar lid open, for contributions!!)