Archive through March 10, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through March 10, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 11981
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 9:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john

it comes and it goes, like little ripples washing over your body. yes, it 'does' fade. it may not ever go away but at least you can think back on it and feel ok about it. it won't have the same impact.

it's all about change. look at this as an opportunity. TIME FOR YOU! yippie skippy! i may be wrong, but from what i've noticed in your posts, he may have been the taker and you the giver. not balanced?

your house can now become YOUR house.

hang tight, you're gonna be fine.

oh, by the way, i just need a coffee to go...tons of housework. blech...

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5157
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Not gonna have the coffee, (it's irritating the nether regions.) So hot tea to settle things would be nice, with a bit of sugar and come cookies.

Not feeling so hot, must be all the stress lately. Need a vacation, but all the mons are going to basement bathroom building....so, just have to grit the teeth and move on.

(Hangs head and droops.)

nadm
Advanced Member
Username: nadm

Post Number: 314
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L.A.B., i need that unaffordable vacation, too. how bout we all have a little impromptu vacation right here at Sal's? i have some lawn chairs out in the van. we can throw a bit of sand on the floor if Sal doesn't object, and prop my [only slightly tattered] beach umbrella right here against the counter. i've even got some sea shells and large beach stones we can spread around, out in the van [don't ask]...

as for my nether regions, serve me up a triple espresso with a twist, wouldja pleeze? vacation rules: everybody gets to drink whatever they want!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5160
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 1:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Tosses tanning lotion for the 'ultimate' coconut smell.) Hawaiian/Tahitian dancers optional, something tall and cool would do it, with soft "New Agey" music wafting through (tacks up an ocean view on the back wall. Pachibelli's canto with waves drifts in.)
Very nice....nadm, great idea. Now if the "beach hunks" would just stop trying to jump into the picture and save the "pretty girls." (Worry about their "brain drain.")

susi t learn

Post Number: 11983
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 1:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

after the new agey music, could we play the beach boys, 'kokomo'? :-)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5162
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 1:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sure, anything ya want, as long as it reminds one of "vacation" even a bit of reggae comes next. (Love those "oil" drum rhythms. Hands Susi, the tall glass with the "paper" umbrella.) Bit of lemon squish??

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1127
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

in the door walks Annett. she still looks good in her one piece.

john is warring surf shorts and an aloha shirt with a tray of pina coladas. his straw hat wafting it the warm breeze. he miss steps on his flip-flop and amazingly maintains control of the tray of drinks.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11984
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ooh. i LOVE those little umbrellas. lol

wearing a sundress myself...(still waiting for those black and white stripped suits of the 20's to come back).

John

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 3:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

every body puts their shades on when the see the blinding whiteness of johns legs

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5163
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, thought you had that new "spray-on" tan salon attached to the kitchen? Those mighty whites will signal the skies if you're not careful!!

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 439
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, they say that it takes as many years as the relationship lasted to get over it and finally feel neutral and at peace about that person. I know that seemed to be the case with me. But seeing that my longest relationship lasted all of 9 years, I am obviously not quite the expert to base this theory on. I know though that with each passing month that it does get easier. So you just hang in there kid. You're made of the best possible stuff and if someone or other in your life just can't finally see that then it's their humongous loss.
Don't worry, the right one's there and waiting in the wings to connect with the beautiful and sensitive soul that you are.

In the meantime John, I'd just love one of those pina coladas off your tray.
(When John comes over Sheila grabs a cocktail off his tray, steals his straw hat and runs down into the ocean looking for susi in her black and white striped swimsuit. "You there sooze? I gotta drink for ya!"

(Message edited by wimminsknickers on March 08, 2006)
Pog Mo Thoin.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5164
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 4:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It is hard when "love" takes a hike, mostly you look so deep at yourself laying blame where there should be none. Still, it's very like an amputation, experiences as you go along will trigger the "phantom pain" of the relationship, the missed fun times.

Just know that it eases up after awhile and barely becomes a memory. The "whole" you will grow back, it's Spring John (sets the tulip jonquils down and grabs the flower pot) There ya go, the crocus' are up!!!

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9313
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 5:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat comes in wind-blown and slightly drunk from painkillers, but smiling--there was a robin perched in my neighbor's intertwingled pear and plum trees, which happen to be in full, fluffy bloom today What a sight!

I'll have one of those pina-coladas, but "virgin" since I'm having dental surgery this PM and codeine and alcohol might not mix well. Come 3:30 Pacific time, I need a moment of vibe-sending from here at Sal's. The Skeptic is going to go straight there from work and drive me home, bless his skeptical-and-sometimes-annoying-but-otherwise-wonderful heart

Settles into a beach chair--Ahhhhhhhhh...this is just the ticket! Especially since my vacation $$$ will be handed over to an endodontist in a couple of hours [sigh]

susi t learn

Post Number: 11987
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 5:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sure can sheila...marguarita.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5165
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 5:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Sending healing vibes to Pat.) Your cabana is waiting when you get back, with warm tropical breezes and soft white sand between your toes.

Yawns and squirts some water on the hot "mobey whales" (John ain't the only pasty ghost here!!)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5166
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 5:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Tacks up another sketchy) Son told me I was too heavy-handed so I tried something different (for those who remember Charles Dance's "Phantom of the Opera.")http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Leathab/CharlesDance_Phantom.jpg

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 442
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 5:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila smilingly hands over to susi the pina colada that she is holding and tells her that it's an Irish marguarita.

After tossing John's hat into the sea and watching it sail off into the horizon she turns around and notices that Patricia is now sitting in the beach chair that she had vacated earlier because it was swarming with...sand fleas! Sheila smiles and waves to her and skips off humming a merry little tune to herself as Pat starts to scratch behind her neck.
Pog Mo Thoin.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 443
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 5:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Healing vibes bouncing your way Patricia. May the drill be merciful and the dentist be quick!

L.A.B. I love that drawing. Such soulful eyes.
Pog Mo Thoin.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5167
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 6:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you, be sure to "increase" to get the full picture.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 445
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 6:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yep, made sure to.
L.A.B. Is it ok if I print it out? Just for my own personal use of course.
Pog Mo Thoin.

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie303

Post Number: 456
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 7:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sals has KO-KO-Mo's playing on the outside
speakers.A pathway of half empty drinks lead
you inside..Fun filled day me thinks..
Pat going to the dentist is always rough
hope your ok.
John you know how I feel,it's probably
because you saw him again.
Lab another great sketch.I don't know if you
were serious about that dream,or just letting
certain people know how the tread is slipping
now.I hope you didn't take offense to my
coffee stress comment,RE..not sleeping ..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5168
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 7:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Anything I post is "grabable." Enjoy. (Buddie, the "dream" was true.)

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 447
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 8:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L.A.B.
Thanks.
Pog Mo Thoin.

John

Post Number: 1130
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 9:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

as the magenta sun sets sal lays out a the roast pig and the trimming and a vegetarian version too. sals hot pink moo moo just makes her the vision of the mother goddess.

ah what a wonderful little vacation this is you know what gets me is creamy white skin was a valued beauty at one pint in time and people even wore makeup to be white as ghosts.

thanks for the advise on relation ships but if it was actually over years ago like I was informed then my wait is shortened. but for now alone is nice and darned him for zapping my strength Sunday wont let that happen again.

Hawaiian electric guitars smooth peoples moods as the Polynesian dancers get ready to start their show.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9315
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L. A. B., That's Charles Dance *precisely* even with the mask covering so much of his face--and you did it in such a lovely, loose, 'painterly' style, too! Be-yoo-teefull! I loved him in "Aliens3", too.

Pat spritzes herself all over with Benedryl Spray and her eyes narrow as she plots revenge upon Sheila...heh, heh, heh AHAH! She murmurs a spell, then tiptoes over and drops a tiny squirmy blue faerie into Sheila's open bottle of absinthe (which she cunningly hid behind L. A. B.'s flower pot--naughty Sheila, should have shared!).

Moments later, sounds of angry teeny tiny voices are heard and the blue faerie is forcibly ejected from the bottle by a *very* irate green faerie, who angrily snaps her wee fingers and she and her bottle disappear in a *poof!*

Patricia looks innocent and wanders over to see what John's up to.....

susi t learn

Post Number: 11990
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi grabs a grass skirt and with a marguarita (that doesn't taste like one...she eyes sheila suspiciously) she joins the dancers. me too! me too! love to shake that booty. lol

c'mon john, MOVE those hips!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5170
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Pat, all Charles had to "act" with were his eyes...which are amazing. (Anyone catch him on "Bleak House" PBS, he played the villain and got killed off.)

John

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 10:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john takes the drink for susi and hands her an picture of real margaritas that were made with fresh lime and the best quervo gold. and takes another grass skirt and starts shaking his hips. the crowd throws rotten poi at the duo.

pat eagerly escaping the wrath of fairies and Sheila hides behind a big buff Polynesian guy

riots of laughter ensue as the three slink off the stage.

John

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 10:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lab nice pic!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5171
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Finds "kooties" in my grass skirt) Ok.. all you "bug wranglers" call off your pets!! (attempts the 'tahitian' and throws out the back) Yup, too old for the dancing, but will watch and snarf the "piggy" and pineapples.

John

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 10:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fairies, gosh hope we are not on monster island with mothra! oh but mothra was a good monster protector of all children.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9317
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John, here's a link for you--Sheila's favorite green fairy. No need to worry about any infestations of the wee critters But those sand fleas are another story entirely--! [scratch, scratch, scratch]

John

Post Number: 1136
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 1:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

did I tell you my mother was a beatnik,,
well she was, and on the tecno-colored high way she knew of this drink. to see her when she tells of that time in her life is a rare and mysterious treat.

one day I might have to try the drink myself and see if I do see fairies.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member

Post Number: 450
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 4:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila arrives quite late at the now deserted beach in order to retrieve the bottle of Absinthe that she had hidden earlier behind L.A.B.'s favourite flower pot.
The entire area is bathed in the soft silvery light of a full moon. Several grass skirts lie scattered about in the sand and a black and white striped swimsuit lies across the arm of a nearby beach chair. Sheila saunters on towards L.A.B.'s beach house. A half-devoured roast pig on a spit rises up to greet her as she reaches the house. Several Don Ho cd's lie piled up on a nearby picnic table. Sheila smiles slightly as she is a great lover of Hawaiian music. She herself plays Hawaiian guitar with a chopstick.

She steps onto the veranda and walks to the vase beside the glass doors. All is quiet inside. She reaches behind the vase and her hand meets...air.
She looks closer. No, not a sign of the Absinthe.
"Bloody Hell," she says softly to herself "just wait 'till I get me hands on the scamp that purloined me fairy."
She is about to leave when she notices a piece of paper almost hidden in the shadows behind the vase. She picks it up. Upon closer inspection it looks to be a page torn from a small notebook.
There's some writing written in blue ink on it.
Sheila leans closer in order to read it.

"Pick up the Skeptic's suit from the cleaners before Saturday.

Irish dancing lessons start next Monday.

Return Book of Spells to library."

Sheila smiles and crumples the piece of paper into a tiny ball. "Gotcha, ye little trickster, she hisses into the cool night air."

She sits and plots her revenge...
Pog Mo Thoin.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 457
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 4:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning all..

susi t learn

Post Number: 11993
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 7:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

haha...laove to laugh when i just wake up.

i don't usually eat when i wake up buti think i'd like a waffle. need something on the sweet side.

feeling pretty good, considering. guess i can drink tequilla better than i thought.

but for now...coffee.....

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5174
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 10:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Realizes what absinthe does to Sheila, makes her into a artist/writer.) If she turns it into a "romance novel" we're all in trouble. Publishers will want to know the "inside scoop" about Sal's and the coffee klatch. (Pours some lemonade into a tall glass, and a bag of ice cubes for the head.) Dang hang-overs, watched "America's Top Model" and noticed one of them drinking heavily.

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 317
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

here's some more atmosphere. [dumps out a bucket of more stones onto the sandy floor]. wish i had some time for the frikking virtual vacation i started here! [grabs jumbo takeout coffee off the counter]. thanks, Sal! y'all try this on for size. [punches quarters quickly into the juke and racks up three slack key guitar numbers, and one last ukelele number by Iz] great selection, Sal!

[darts back out the door, forgetting coffee on top of the jukebox]

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 460
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 1:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie rushes in slips and slides into the juke box plays Piano Man for John.Hey bud your supposed to play with your little alien to make you smile ..wait that dosen't sound right..
anyway John you know what I mean...
Got to fly...

susi t learn

Post Number: 11998
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 1:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi sees nadm's coffee, grabs it and tries to catch her....slip! oops!

dang....i KNEW i shouldn't have worn white!

nadm
Advanced Member

Post Number: 318
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 1:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

argh. now i got your dry cleaning bill and a cold coffee. [head smack]

sorrrrryyy! [snatches remains of coffee, reaches down to help susi up] ...AWK!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9323
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 4:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat pops in long enough to grab a double mocha, makes sure Sheila's not here and decides to sit a spell. Did anybody here see a note in my weird handwriting? I lost one last night, darn it, and now I can't remember what the hay I was supposed to do today

Oh, well....WAIT--"dry cleaning" you say, nadm? THAT was it--I was supposed to pick up my Irish Dancing costume at the library, from The Skeptic...right? In the Wicca section. Something like that. Pat stands up to head for the library, slightly confused, but then, that's normal for her

On the way out, she hugs John and wishes she could could have met his mother, who surely was a kindred soul....

John

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sending you all BIG love today dont have time to chat but know my thoughts are with you at sals

John

Post Number: 1138
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 5:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat you would most definately love my mother. she had no choises and that time of her life was probebly the last tast of freedom she knew. but she does not complain and knows eveything. and is a lover of words.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 462
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 7:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John although your not around tonight
at some time please acknowledge I sent you a little alien to make you smile..
That way my dry Canadian humor remains in tack.
Have you ever heard of the song
" A mothers Love is a Blessing " ?
it's old might even be a War song
it's beautiful.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 463
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 8:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hug for LAB
I never would have guessed ?
I was shocked to see you post in there.
But a good shock

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 757
Posted on Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(putters into Sal's in pink pajamas, hair sticking up angrily, barefootin)

Arrgh. I'll have a screwdriver and a bowl of those smokehouse almonds, make that with lots of vitamins and vodka

We decided to have our taxes done today. Since we had to eat $10,000. in uninsured casualty losses from the flood last year (yep, folks, I live in the silent federal disaster area) we filed long form.

We only got an extra 200.00 back for our refund.

The tax preparer cost $182.00.

We might as well have filed short form ourselves.

(Plays Dirty Deeds on the box)

Cooking marathon tomorrow. I will cook up a few meals for my sister and her husband and deliver them(meatloaf and mashed potatos,corn, fruit salad and sugar cookies, and smothered chicken with carrots and peas, noodles, salad, and chocolate cake). They could use a little comfort food.

MmMM good drink.Too bad the Green Fairy is illegal here in the States.
Figures.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

John

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 1:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie sent me an alien! its true i have it in my truck. it dosa creepy little dance and has some funny music that it goes along with. its cute.

aug! kathy i hope that this turns around for you guys. sounds like you need a lot of love and some cold hard cash. one wonders what federal desaster reliefe is. i saw on the news those fema traliers sitting empty and sinking in the ground when people could have been living in them it sure makes ya wonder. anyway hope that your luck turns around soon.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 464
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 4:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie hugs Kathy..God Kathy , I see that on the news.. it's digusting.That would be very hard to live with.It's Cruel.
Buddie watches Susi,LAB & Pat on their barstool
throwns but she understands they are just
virtual friends..

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5186
Posted on Friday, March 10, 2006 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Sends good vibes to Kathy) Fema just admitted that they purchased the wrong type of trailers, ones that were made for "dry" areas, not wet ones. So they are being allowed to sing and rot, instead of spending money to remove them and bring in the right ones. Someone got a lucrative government contract!!

(Pours a cuppa tea, squeezes lemon and drops in the sugar cubes.) Switches on the "bar" TV and channels up "Starting Over House." Sorry guys, it's only for an hour.