Archive through March 03, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through March 03, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I always thought deep purple sounded green it was so pretty.

hang in there pat. we need ya and glad for the company too.

astro boy hope that you come around more often.

now I have to tell this to day in the morning mail I got a surprise. a maple leaf beer hugger and little purple alien that dances and a pen from Canada. I love it thanks buddy! I like the alien I will have to hide him when my family comes to visit my nephews ruin things.
and a magnet too I have a collection going of those

it really made me smile. buddie are you there? it really made me smile

might have to send you something to but I can something from buck's shop

the thing about sal's scramble is that thee eggs are so luffy.

Lab be neet to see that new portrate.

John

Post Number: 1069
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 2:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sorry i have the letter edit thing going on this morning bad i just looked at my post

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5081
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 2:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Tried the "sour cream" fluffies, very nice.) Another "secret ingredient" is evaporated milk. Take a small pan (3-4 c.) put a pat of butter, and cover the bottom with evap (not too deep) then throw in the egg and stir until fluffy. Add salt and pepper. Very good on toast!! (Welsh Grannies recipe.)

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9231
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 3:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The song "Deep Purple" is one of my all-time favorites too, John--it "gets me where I live", in the words of an old friend. Kind of instantly puts me in a reflective, poignant mood.

And I loved "Green Mansions" too, L. A. B. Over the years, I've asked dozens of people if they ever saw it and not a *one* was aware it existed....which tells me that it's one of those "secret identifying signs" for People Like Us

Love that recipe, too--Yum!

Astroboy
Username: astroboy

Post Number: 805
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 3:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Alright, John, sounds great! I'll have what Patricia is having and I'm picking up the tab for the both of us.

Astro sips his coffee, very content with the company he is with.
"And the lion roams..."

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie303

Post Number: 420
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 7:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh John .. just send me a pic of the Bakersfield FOG.That will be enough!!
I'll put it on my wall.
Mystic Pizza..Maine?? how did you end up in California ?
LAB will any milk do for Grannies recipe?
I am an awful breakfast meal maker
? really I am..Guys cook better than I do..

Pat and Lab I inhaled so hard when you both said you liked Deep Purple I got a head rush..then realized it's ALSO a Song .John has so much culture..

Lab..Audrey and Anthony ..OMG !! can you ?

Susi..Linda was she not first from
" the stone pony's "??
I think she was with Dolly and Emmy Lou Harris
early on ? Now thats a beautiful sound .
I'm sure it was those three.

John I guess I wanted to visit after all ..
Your Night shift again..Astro Boy drinks a lot of Sal's Hi test coffee..is that a good thing?

See ya in the Morning then..
Open arms to change,
but don't let go of your values.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 11925
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 7:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie

yes, the stone ponies. linda, dolly and emmylou i think did one album together.

hey astro! susi waves from the counter.

can't stay long, i'm afraid i'm addicted to 'american idol'. :-) i love any kind of talent show.

hey, remember 'the ametuer hour?'

Po
Username: po_man_sings

Post Number: 1162
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ok, ok. I tried something new. A new kind of international cuisine.

I'm thinking, you know, so much Italian, I'm going to do something French. But I don't know much about French. I know only, frogs and snails.

So, I make a nice frogzania.

Leon

Blessings,
Po
The unexamined thought is not worth having.
Neither is it much worth discussing.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 421
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 9:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Po Sal will have to taste test your dish.Perhaps add it to the menu..I love choices..

Susi..I just watched 5 min.of american Idol..Gedeon Kchenney is going to to take it..
He's 18 years old and sounds so promising..who did " sitting on the dock of the bay" and
this one " when a man loves a woman "
That TV show you mentioned I probably would remember it but back then I only had CBC so I never saw it.We have people at the office addicted to Am.Idol, Lost, Whats that first one..that Island challenge one?? I haven't watched much TV since Millennium went off the air..But I still watch the Simpsons..
How is Bryan ? how are you holding up?
/ Request for Susi and Bryan..
Willie Nelson..
Angels Flying to Close to the Ground..

Open arms to change,

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 746
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 9:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just stopping in. Got anything chocolate? I am a little mad at my husband tonight, seems whenever I am in emotional distress he takes a powder.
I got bad news about my sister yesterday, and I was understandably upset, as was everyone else in the family. He completely ignored me, sat down at the computer and proceeded to play games all night(which he never does).
Tonight he went bowling then out to Hooter's afterwards.
Is it me, or is he being a bit insensitive?

Buddie, I like Gideon a lot too. I thought his performance tonight was wonderful.

The last performance was by Chris Daughtry, and I have to say he totally blew me away. He sang "Hemmorhage" and really nailed it.

"Course, I am a rock fan.
Actually, a music fan. I love it all, am the only person in my family with no musical talent.
My dad was a singer, my grandson is immensely talented with Guitar-plays everything, from jazz to "death metal".
My sisters sing and my mom is not bad.
I cannot carry a tune.
Bummer.

So nice to be here for a little while.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11926
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 9:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

'm pulling for taylor hicks. love that hair and the joe cocker mannerisms. and that kind of voice.

oh, just a small correction, it's not bryan, it's bryn. sounds like 'grin'. it's welsh. as in bryn mawr. :-)

kathy decker

Post Number: 747
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

By the way, being aggravated it Billie-boy tonight, I am once again in search of my soul mate.
I watched a movie-"Half Light" with Demi Moore and Hans Matheson. Good ghosty mystery.
Anyhow, Hans got me thinking about my soul mate. He has that quirky scots charm that is so attractive to me, I vaguely remember it from a long ago love, I think.
I think it was the soldier.
Then there was the Israeli fighter jet pilot...not celtic but hottttttttttttttt

He would never be insensitive-might even write poetry to me....

(sniffs disconsolately, wanders over to the juke and plays Unchained Melody.

OOhhhh my loove , my darling

(everyone covers their ears)

I'll be coming hooome, wait for me, wait for me...

(sobs)

Waaait for meeee.

Okay guys, I have it out of my system. I'll stop. Did I break anyone's eardrums?

Chocolate stuff for everyone, Sal. On me!
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

kathy decker

Post Number: 748
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, susi, I have loved Taylor since the beginning!

kathy decker

Post Number: 749
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 10:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Heh-heh-heh

Hubby is home early.

Mysteriously, the bowling lanes broke down and they did not have time to go to Hooters.
He looked at me and said"you did that, didn't you"

Seems whenever I get mad, something harmless like that happens and he is on to me.

Of course I don't try, i think i just have "helpers".

Anyhow he is not happy, and I have to put off the soul-mate search for a while.
Darn.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9237
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 10:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy, you made me Laugh Out Loud and I scared the cats--! I know just the thing for your hubby--you invite him to stop in here at Sal's when susi, L. A. B. and I are all here and we'll kick his sorry azz all the way home for ya Nothing like a little Crone wisdom applied to his insensitive backside to get his attitude adjustment underway...heh, heh

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 423
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi pat,Susi,Kathy..
Susi I have the post it with Bryn stuck on the monitor..Kathy .Dunno..in times of distress with loved ones (me) and my Mom Dying..My Caveman felt uncomfortable because he wanted me
to have time with my family..His thoughts ..
He felt thats where I needed to be ..knowing me he was almost right..Women are different..we are so much stronger..I love his parents still even if he is my EX..and if they were to get sick he'd be here asking my guidence and I'd be there.
AGGHHH!! He looks great in a Kilt!!
Open arms to change,

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5088
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Tiptoes in) I hate "Lost!!!" (tiptoes out.)

John

Post Number: 1074
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 12:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy that was a great story about the bowling lanes breaking down. lol

buddy I am not cultured the only station that would come up in rural Alaska was PBS got exposed to all of it out of shear necessity. later when my dad brought home an old council stereo it was full of big band records. in Alaska when there is nothing to do and you learn to craft and paint or read. all out of necessity. other wise you go bonkers. when we moved there there was only a sears catalog store and a grocery store. but one hell of a craft store thank god.

LAB have to agree, lost for me is a rubber hand shake. mystery covered by mystery. carnival went that way for me too no resolution to the secrets.

anyway bringing around the coffee pot and the special is chocolate cream pie with dark chocolate curls.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9242
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 12:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat stops in for a nightcap and discovers to her relief that she and L. A. B. are NOT actually clones (since she *LOVES* "LOST"), we just have very similar tastes

OMG--! I just glanced at my running tab and noticed that Astro paid for that huge meal I scarfed down--! Thank you, Astro! What a sweetie that man is!

Has the night shift shown up yet? Is John around? Oh, well, I'll just write up my own ticket and hand it across to Sal in the kitchen--I'm a cheap date tonight, anyhow: just a decaf latte to send me off to sleep. And maybe a wee piece of that chocolate bundt cake under the plastic dome by the cash register. Just a sliver. A mere crumb or two. Or three

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9243
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 12:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat whirls around and jumps--Yikes! I never heard you come in, John. You must have tiptoed like L. A. B. *LOL*

John

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 1:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i am here i was posting to your vr response very interesting.

had a great day guys and that may be because of you all. i think of you guys and smile and know in a crule world we got sals

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9245
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 1:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ahah! I'll save it to read first thing tomorrow AM. I'm off to beddy-bye now--long, LONG day and tomorrow it starts raining again. [bleh!]

Oh, and another earthquake just rippled through--our second of the day

kathy decker

Post Number: 750
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 2:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Goodnight, Pat. Pleasant dreams to you!

I fixed my husband.I made him watch the movie with me and I didn't tell him I have truffles(I'll give him some tomorrow, not totally heartless).

You know, I just can't seem to get off this soul mate kick.(CtoC is playing that song that goes "I know you're out there somewhere, and someday I'll return again to you")

Talk about synchronicity.

Thanks, I'll have a cup of that coffee.

I used to think maybe my husband was my soulmate, but he blew that theory all to crap when one day he told me he definitely would not die for me (remember that song from Robin Hood? that's how that subject came up).

Well, I have very stringent requirements for my soulmate. He definitely would not balk at a small thing like sacrificing himself for me.

Seriously, though, don't you guys ever feel drawn to someone who you just can't seem to find? I have had dreams of the safety of his arms, feeling at home, at peace, but I just can't see his face.

Songs like Unchained Melody and the one I just badly quoted have a melancholy effect on me, like someone is waiting for me and I want to go home to him. They always make me cry.

Movies like What Dreams May Come or Somewhere in Time leave me hungry for my missing love.

I love my husband very much and would never leave him, but this is something he just doesn't get. I asked him once if he thought we were soulmates, and he said no.I don't think so either.

Deep thoughts late at night.

John

Post Number: 1080
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 2:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have those thoughts sometimes Kathy "snags a truffle mmmm," as he pores her a fresh cup of coffee.

I see this person, he showed up in my dreams a few years ago. it was like unrequited love. and I always think that this person is going to totally understand me and is so warm and kind hearted. but if this person is out there I have not found him yet. and after my recent fiasco in the love territory makes me so leery. I guess we have to just accept the people that are in our lives as long as they want to stay. I think of Georgia okefe and Arthur steiglets. they were soul mate I am certain of that but they could not stand to live with one another. but their letters to one another were their life together.

soul mates I think they can be varied and different. I have seen people with the most amazing friendships that would make you think they were soul mates. yet each was married or involved with another.

maybe its the longing, and unchained memory ya it dose it to me too.

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 432
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 2:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sheila flies by, sprinkles everyone with fairy dust and leaves.
Pog Mo Thoin.

John

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 3:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow the fairy dust effect makes every thing more wonderful! feels like you got something in your eye until you get use to it.

looks in the mirror and wow I have hair and lost 20 years!

thanks!

ya but i probey have the head of an azz like Bottom

kathy decker

Post Number: 752
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 3:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What the hey??!!

John, yeah, I know. I think I may have met him once, I was very drawn to a man much younger than myself, we met at a workplace.
We struck up an immediate easy friendship. He was married (turns out unhappily so), but we just fit together like puzzle pieces. I drew a picture of an old man for him, I do not know why, but he was pleased with it.
We went our separate ways, he moved out west to become a fire jumper.
Several years later he showed up at my new workplace and gave me a huge hug and kiss ( the girls were impressed, he was pretty buff from theall that firejumping stuff and cute too)
and he told me he still had that picture, it meant a lot to him.

I still think he was a soulmate friend, just as Buddy is my soulmate pet.

(nibbles thoughtfully on a truffle)

By the way, I stopped by your other place, John.
Left another clue to my ongoing madness we call Life.

I think you should keep looking, John.Love is a journey, just like life, and we learn from every one we love, even if they jump out of the plane before we do.

John

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 3:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well I do have those trust issues. we will see. what will happen I just think now it important for me to feel independent. I have no desire now to start any thing. its nice to have the bed to my self. only I have to share with the dogs that reminds me that I have to bathe them tomorrow.

you can connect with your dog? cool. when checkers runs off I just think that I am seeing through his eyes and think of him returning home immediately and he does.

the little one shows up in my dreams some times. she is always trying to show me things she got excited about during the day. this is weird but I planted some plants in terracotta pots and did not have a saucer for the last one I dreamed teenie was pawing at the ground in the back yard and waging her tail and sniffing/ well dug up where she was showing me in the dream and it was a perfect match for the plant I had just potted. I was dumbfounded . but she is our little traveler in the astral. the older dog is a perfect judge of people. never fails what she lets us know.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 424
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 5:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Darn..we were supposed to get hit by a HUGE
snow storm and NOTHING..I so wanted a snow day!!
Oh Morning everyone..Kathy..
(good thing you said Pet..never know what type of story Sal would have spun from that Buddie revelation )

The soulmate issue..well the very
thoughts of starting all over again in a relationship leave a QUEEZY feeling in my stomach
so until that goes away I draw a blank when it comes to how the rest of my life will unfold.
Good thing I live in the here and now,never was
much on long term plans..I wonder why I'm like that???? Thanks John ,
thats a Huge muffin top..my favorite. I'm glad you like the bottoms ..Oh I just remembered a TV show I liked..Twin Peaks..that was really out there for it's time..
Open arms to change,

susi t learn

Post Number: 11929
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 9:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

morning...coffee please.

kathy, i heard you talking about soulmates...it's too early for me to remember which thread it's under, but we have one going on soulmates. i assume under spirituality. soon as i find it, i'll let you know.

got a good rest last night. i need something with salsa. huevos rancheros?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5090
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Stretches and grabs a cup.) Soulmates: We've known zillions of them, each have their little part to play in our lives. Whether we want to live with any of them or not is a matter of choice. But we "knew" lots of them, a long time ago. (When we were all pond slime together, giggle.)

Would rather live with a "friend" who listens to my rants, loves my silliness, and likes me anyway.
Soulmates expect too much.

(Sketchy...sketchy....) It's coming, folks. Rima and Abel are slowly emerging. Soon.

(Picks up the maple twist and takes a bite.) John are they "Dunkin'" Donuts or "Krispy Kreems?"

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9248
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 1:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat staggers in and collapses onto a counter stool--WHY must I be this disfunctional before caffeination?!! Maybe Sal would OK setting up a coffee IV for me and I could just mainline it and get through the AM mental fog faster

Wish Cecily would pop in here--years back, we had a really interesting discussion going here on the board on soulmates. I've been yearning for one all my life, too....or, at least, I did until I was taken to see a psychic about 15 years ago and she told me that my soulmate has never incarnated here at all. We have an agreement that I'll incarnate and he'll stay on the Other Side and work with me from there.

When the psychic told me this, I instantly recognized him--he used to communicate with me via the Tarot deck. When I eventually blocked on using Tarot cards, I missed him terribly. He's my artistic collaborator and has been for many lifetimes, she told me. I've been trying ever since then to design a signature for my paintings that includes him somehow, but no luck so far.

Waking up at last, Pat snags a glazed potato donut and blisses out.....OH! And I found some black and white reproductions of old pencil drawings I did many years ago of sci-fi actors. I'll scan them and see if I can get 'em up on our art wall today. I'd totally forgotten that I had them.

John

Post Number: 1086
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 1:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john pours the rounds of coffee. neither that are from the magical bakery that knows how just to make them so fluffy.

every one here is suspicious of crispy creams they opened up here for 2 years and closed up shop in the middle of the night and no one knows why. left employees with out telling them a thing or even paying them.

aawh soul mates some times wonder if it just something to keep us unsatisfied. but we do live here and now.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11933
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 1:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you have anything wrapped in a tortilla? jalapeno salsa on the side please. and a coors light.

soulmates...originally we were both genders. in our spirit form. as 'evolution' prevailed, one side became prominate and throughout incarnations, we chose to be male or female. (this ties into my theory on homosexuality but that's another topic).

i think the feeling of searching for our soulmate is really, we are searching for our other side to become balanced.

just my one and half cents. :-)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9261
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Okay, finally got some old pencil drawings scanned in. They're from my Dr. Who/Star Trek obsession era, circa 1987. Originals of these are long ago sold and gone--the scans are of half-tones I had shot so that the images could be printed in convention brochures and fanzines:

Sarek

Ladyhawk

Colin Baker - Live

Tom Baker as the Doctor

Colin Baker

Blake's 7 actor (?)

As near as I can recall, I used 2, 4 and 6B pencils on drawing paper from those spiral-bound pads. So many years ago! What a blast from the past I also found 6 original pencil drawings of the first 6 doctors from even earlier, but they'll have to wait for another day to get scanned.

(Message edited by Patricia on March 02, 2006)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5095
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 7:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Very nicely done, Pat. It is fun to go back in time to see art. Thanks for tacking them up there.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 426
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 7:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In fact right now I'm in Love with a dead Handsome British Actor on photo copy paper? I think my soulmate should run..
Pat thats fantastic work ..
back in another thread talking about BBC and CBC Productions and old shows we watched LAB mentioned Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy..I always meant to ask was Dr Who BBC or American?
I remember British ? Loved both and of course Star Trek..I hope Cecily stops by..
Sal would love her.. as long as she takes
the pledge like we all did " hands off "
with Tiny !
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 428
Posted on Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 8:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Pat.Lab.Susi..
John I think I'll try anything wrapped in a Tortilla also..stuff on the side and a white wine..
LAB..I think you have a keeper in the Man department.loves you for you..Beautiful.
very interesting dream..( in spiritual )
I love when I can remember details.It definitly is telling you something ?
You take Melatonin to sleep? what about the other effects ,is that true? I want to sleep but I don't want to not feel ( you know )?
Susi I hope your day went well with Bryn and
these are not just words.Take real good care of you also..xxoo
Open arms to change,

Astroboy
Username: astroboy

Post Number: 809
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 1:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Astro puts a quarter in the jukebox and hits B2.

"I Want You To Want Me" by Lobo.

He saunters over to Susi.

"Do you slowdance?"
"And the lion roams..."

susi t learn

Post Number: 11936
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 9:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

absolutely! (susi tried hard not to step on astro's toes)

John

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 12:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john stagers in and see the dancers turning quietly and the people at that counter are clamoring for coffee. aye me its raining today ever thing will be a miss.

no sign of it letting up might just have to get to the wood pile to get some food for the fire place.

morning special is pancake sandwich with a side of beacon.

John

Post Number: 1092
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

love the drawings pat

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9269
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 1:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat comes in and gravitates straight to the fireplace--heat and light are precious during rainy, dark weather, aren't they?

Thank you for the compliments on the old drawings--that one of Sarek got me dinner with Mark Lenard, one of my longest-running crushes in this lifetime. Cried when he died.

I would *LOVE* a pancake sandwich with a side of bacon--YUM! And while it cooks, I'm going to go tap susi on the shoulder and cut in with Astro

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1924
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 1:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*leaves a message for Patricia on the bulletin board*... Dr.Who is alive and well, the new season beginning in March on Canadian TV. I just found out about this series last year.
Nice artwork, Pat.

And since Dr. Who is a time traveler theme, now I'm wondering about this:
*tacks up an excerpt of John's PM to him
You don't mind, do you John?
Good.

what do you know about 1972? then what do you
know about the mid 80s would be another question.
you are clever and I respect that. but stop
correcting peoples English. (edited for content)
lets talk turkey with out the befuddlement.
sometimes we are time travelers against our will.
but you would know that so would nick begich I
think.
-John

So...what were you looking for, John? Do tell.

And finally, *mark hangs an acrylic painting design on the wall of the establishment, for the color that's in it - "Untitled" or maybe "sunbird"...

and strolls out.*

tuuli kki
Username: tigerseye

Post Number: 82
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OOooohh, I really like it, says tuuli, rubbing her eyes.

Fell asleep in the corner, reading a book.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9272
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's the great thing about Sal's, isn't it? We can hog a table for hours and even fall asleep with our faces in books and not get thrown out

Yeah, we saw an ad on the Sci-Fi channel about the new Dr. Who coming soon to US TV, too And I love that image, Mark! But you really should ask permission before posting anyone's private email correspondence, you know....

John

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 2:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

donít mind at all mark since I have posted about that before.

I donít have my answers yet but it would be nice.

I think at the time you and brown were circling me wondering why I was having your guys' experiences and you had made some other comment at the time that led me to believe you were in the know or had information about that. I remember now you made the comment about time travelers only paying cash or something as to that effect.

dose not really matter now does it.

BTW I am not a handler if that is what your getting at either and have had experiences similar to many on these boards as have others. but one little similarity and people scream and run or get weirded out.

we could compare notes only its a whoís got the bigger ba--s contest now

here is my suspicion. I believe a lot of MC programming takes place in Canada, or did until the 80s

1972 is the biggest enigma in my life. it was a year that was so strange and changes went on in my family and within me that year. any answers or information on 1972 would help me in understanding what happened in my life at the time. only that.

we repeated the first half of that year. or I have memories of 2 time lines for that year.

so do you know anything?

nice pic btw

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1926
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 3:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I see. No, that "time travelers Cash Only" thing was a quote from the Calahan's Crosstime Saloon books that this thread is beginning to remind me of...heh. Did you read them before you began Sal's thread, or is that just a synchronicity?
Anyway, thanks about the sunbird. The original I did by painting a big piece of black Masonite (nothing to do with the Masons so don't go triggering on me) heheh...and then painting 7 colors on paper, and then using an ordinary paper punch to cut the tiny circles out. Then I had to glue these in sequence on the board.
It's a lot easier using pixels, let me tell ya.
1972 - that was a year of transition for me. The 60's were over, folks were getting settled in their work life, some of my friends were becoming "happy idiots and struggling for the legal tender", which is money for your time of life, (as Jackson Browne sang about)...one dream was over, another, less magical maybe, had begun. Janis, Jimi, and soon, Morrison were gone...Nixon got re-elected. I became a factory rat, lots of changes.
But changes in location, jobs, circle of friends, etc. went on as usual.
I think the world became more cynical.
Keep on truckin'

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5101
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 3:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Tacks up "Green Mansions" on the board, for John)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Leathab/GreenMansions.jpg
It's not as good as Pat's but, it was a request.
Want a meatball sandwich, extra cheese please.

(Tiptoes out, don't want to disturb the "slow-dancer.")

(Message edited by Leathab on March 03, 2006)

susi t learn

Post Number: 11937
Posted on Friday, March 03, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi begrudgingly allows pat to cut in.

time to go anyways. (MUST learn how to do the digital camera/computer thing..)