Archive through March 01, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through March 01, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 11877
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 3:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

leave out the celery though...just takes up precious room.

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie303

Post Number: 392
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey ??? Sup ??
Open arms to change,
but don't let go of your values.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 393
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy I read your dreams..the darkness the feel of what your saying feels famiular..somewhere in a dream I think..But I try not to sound derailed in here..crawling along small stooped tunnels looking for something ??
yes I have done it..I leave them dark and blurry ?? it feels like a faint whisp come the morning.
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 394
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy..I think your opening things..but I'm great at ignor..But I want to hear your dreams and stories.
I have a few that are nice .I'll tell this one.
Last February I was waiting for the Bus..it's not a big deal ..but that day was Freezing..minus with
windchills..I waited for the bus and started to feel COLD..Like where in the hell is the Buss..
A Robin came along singing and Chirpping.on the bare branch next to me..I'm totally amazed..A Robin in the dead cold..Then something said
" MY MOM " she loved Robins..It flitted and chirrped and danced from branch to branch chirpping..then flew away !!
after about 3 minutes..Then the Buss came

Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 395
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 4:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab ??
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 399
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 5:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy..your human..I know that FOG ??
Order coming right up..
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 400
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 5:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

John ?? are we in a Fog ??

Don't say anything ?
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 402
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The Question ?
A woman while at the funeral of her own Mother,
met a man whom she did not know.She believed him to be her Dream guy so much ,she fell in love with him right there,but never asked for his number and could not find him.A few days later
she killed her sister!

Question.???
What is the motive for killing her sister ??

Think a boat this.
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 403
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 8:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB please feel free and understood when ( if )
you want to talk .
xxoo
Open arms to change,

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1034
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

been ocupied, will be on tomarow. have to get out tonight.

going to the book store tonight woo hoo!

John

Post Number: 1036
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 3:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

drn john has the night shift again but hope his regulars will show up we have a pie special on to night any kind you like. he takes two Advilís man susi, bloody Maryís before 10am not a good idea. but the headache is diminishing and he sees sal show up with he tiny. they are quite the couple these days and have been spotted at coffee houses poetry reading and art shows. its getting serious. Shane pops out of the kitchen to see whatís going on and has actually worked out quite well. he is the child sal never had.

evening' all can I get you a cup of Joe?

moonwriter365
Intermediate Member
Username: moonwriter365

Post Number: 179
Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 11:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This tread is different

I'll take a cup of Joe no sugar and little cream. It's going to be along interesting night here. Always full of surprises, as I embark on my nightly journey. Make sure that coffee is fresh I hate that stale old stuff.

Moonwriter

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 404
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 6:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning John..buddie slips on,
Van Morrisons,When the leaves come Falling down.
I'll have of tea then got to run.John looks bored.
John gets buddie's tea and a special Muffin.
yumm..Thanks John.. I'll stick around for awhile..want to talk..I see Labrat
is posting..maybe I'll read some of it..That
Thread gets to me at times ? buddie gets John another asprin..damage control.
Open arms to change,

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5053
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Who is "labrat?" Is Nomie back? (Pours a cuppa and pulls out art sketchpad.) Doing Eric Bana, interesting face. Not done yet. (Sketchy...scetchy.)

John

Post Number: 1039
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

morning all! much better today we have dust storms and the wind is warm probably El ninio. gets coffee and headache is gone.

love van morison, so fishing village. reminds me of home. and mystic pizza

breakfast rush is over I see how about we make rubins for the special today. made with sal's home made souer dough.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9203
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 3:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat walks in yawning--woke up WAY too early again, but lots to get done today, so make it a double mocha again...on the rocks to shock my mouth (at least) awake [YAWN]

L. A. B., labrat is an old friend of mine from the mind control boards who's been trying to get together a post to the Witnesses thread. She finally got it (them--multiple posts) up and I'm glad she's there at last. She's been coming to this board just to read that one thread for a long, long time....she's one of the reasons I keep it alive and don't let it drop off the board.

Ruben sandwiches, huh?! Yum! Gotta get some protein into myself somehow--might as well be enjoyable, right?

QueenMab
Username: queenmab

Post Number: 24
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 5:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mab slides in to a booth. "I'll have some of Sal's special and a mocha pleeze"

Hey, John, I'm glad your' headache's better!

Just checking in to catch up on readng the posts--not had much time to get online recently.

Mmmm these are delicious!

TheLabRat
Username: thelabrat

Post Number: 6
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 5:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Labrat peeks inside door, and asks, "Can a long-winded newbie, in need of a cappuccino and a Godiva dark chocolate & cinnamon truffle, come in?"

"Some are treated well, in these games of 'buy and sell'; but some, like poor beasts, are burdened down to breaking."

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5056
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Welcome, welcome Labrat!! (passes the cuppa and truffle tray) remember you can't eat just one!!

(Tacks up sketchy-sketchy of Eric Bana, Troy/Munich fame)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Leathab/EricBana.jpg

(Message edited by Leathab on February 27, 2006)

John

Post Number: 1046
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 6:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

absapositivautely!

afternoon all and hope you all have room for teramisu. made with orange liquor not that almond crud and lots of cocoa powder and chocolate cream and lady fingers. pleas have some before I eat it all.

long winded is respected around here and love to hear more from ya lab rat.

stories are well told here and the coffee is always hot sal cooks with love and a warm heart. and ya can taste it.

John

Post Number: 1047
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

rocking portrait LAB

have you done Anthony Perkins yet?

thanks queen mab headaches gone but the heartache lingers but even that is less and the sky is blue most days

uh pat would you like another Ruben or something else you scarfed that rather quickly.... Ill bring the coffee around.

TheLabRat
Username: thelabrat

Post Number: 8
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 7:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hello LAB! Thanks so much, and I will save the other truffles for later. One cappuccino and one truffle is enough to last me a few hours, at least.

Somebody once said to me, on seeing me consume this combination, said, "Man! That ought to set you free!!!"

Wish that were true on all fronts......but I will take those moments of "freedom" and LAP 'EM UP!

The portrait was really amazing! I will have to catch up with this thread at some point, so I can see more of your artwork!

Hi, again, John, and thanks for the words of encouragement! And I will have just one bite of your dessert.....I'm already rushing from the sugar and caffeine!

Yet, somehow......I'm still hungry!
"Some are treated well, in these games of 'buy and sell'; but some, like poor beasts, are burdened down to breaking."

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 407
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 7:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lots of Love !!
Who's Erid Bana ?? Please no more Handsome Sketches..When I put Mr.Burton on the Waxy,LABie,
Patsy..Wall!!! It was a Hoot.
Everyone asked who he was??..I told those who don't share a me with I't my new guy...I said it's people I talk to on a Message board and some of them download their art..One girl did ask..Is this a place where you all have something in common....Your sketch Lab I had to move it on the wall.The girls were running their fingers over his face..He really was HANDSOME..back then.
Open arms to change,

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5057
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 7:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Eric Bana played "Hector" in Troy (the one with Brad Pitt) and he was in the new Speilburg movie "Munich."

http://vnexpress.net/Vietnam/Van-hoa/San-khau-Dien-anh/2004/11/3B9D804B/1_troy.jpg

He's with Orlando Bloom in this photo shot.
Can't help it if I like to sketchy "handsome" guys.

Will do Anthony P. (Green Mansions/Psycho) for John soon.

Pot roast with baked potatoes and sour cream, please. (pulls plate closer.)

(Message edited by Leathab on February 27, 2006)

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 411
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 8:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Geeze can't get the sketch..NO..SWOONEEE..
I wish I was aloud to SWOON..can you Imagine
someone who refused to look at anyone ..even The beautiful people ..as something I should not be wasting my energy over..It was JUST a Kick??
Sorry Guys This is more a BLOG ??
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 413
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 9:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lab..I can't even Imagine who that is?? Didn't get out much ?? I want to make up for that.

We need more music in here..Hey Susie..
How about..Van Morrison & Linda Gail Lewis..
" You Win Again "

Night
Open arms to change,

John

Post Number: 1048
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

already plunking the coins for Linda ronstast

thunder lightning
the way you love me is frightening
you better knock wood

john likes to see that lab is a good eater and pot roast sound sooooooo good.

Hi buddie, how things with you?

I miss it all these days.

john fills the baskets for the coffee pot and flips the switch/

still trying to find that latter to get that disco ball down

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 414
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 12:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm still here Bud..Just one more Good night..
Pick the tune..Ya I think LAB's freaking
hilarious spiecaly when she talks about food..She should have been a resturant critic..That would have been a HOOT..
Talk in the Morning..lets plan to capture Susi
and put her in a line dance this week-end..Leave that Disco ball up Kathy may still appear.Love Kathy ,never know what to expect..I wonder if she's a Leo ??
Open arms to change,

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5062
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 12:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Pulls ladder from the ceiling attic.) The "ball" is missing some of the pretty mirrors, but the light color wheel still works. (Jiggles to "Flashdance.")

Sheila Na Gig
Advanced Member
Username: wimminsknickers

Post Number: 429
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 1:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Y'all get me some canned spaghetti on toast there John and an extra strong coffee.
Sheila spots L.A.B tinkering with the disco ball and places a quarter in the jukebox.
And out of the jukebox comes...

Shake,shake,shake
Shake,shake,shake
Shake your booty!...

You go L.A.B Girl!
Pog Mo Thoin.

John

Post Number: 1055
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 2:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sal come out of the kitchen shaking her finger at shela saying youíll have pot roast my dear canned spigot indeed. john looks at shela and shrugs she cares about your diet.

welcome shela got a story to tell or just passing time. john pours the coffee for shela and sets up service for her. and smiles

lab is our best patron and friend to all who enter. check out her portraitures

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 416
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 5:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good Morning everyone..
John,hee..hee .. It's very early and my eyes are not focused..
I thought you were going to say " check out her proportions " I was getting ready to send out a search party to find what was left of you once LAB was finished!!

Sal..Carrot Muffin and large milk please..

LAB and Shela inspect the disc ball..buddie plays Y.M.C.A ..and the girls do a fantastic rendition of the Village People's smash hit..

Sal's is such fun..I got a bit mouthy with Mark last night , I'm not giving a retraction so I better stay in here for awhile or he'll feed me to the crows !!
Open arms to change,

susi t learn

Post Number: 11908
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 7:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi drags in and flops into a booth.

COFFEEEEEEEE!

this interupted sleep is getting to me.

hopefully things will settle down and we can get back to half a semblence of 'normal'.

hey sheila! everybody!

susi closes her eyes until the java comes.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1915
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 8:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Heckle and Jeckle hop into the joint, perch on a couple of vacant stools, and begin talking to each other...

"I say, Old Bean, what do you suppose they're serving up today?"

"Sink me if I know...The advert up there says crow is on the menu, looks like that girl over there is eating some right now. By the way - whatever do you suppose she meant? Mouthy? Last night?"

"Most peculiar, Old Bean. We'd best leave them to their devices."

They hop out without paying for their coffees...

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5064
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 9:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Poor old crows, glad the "bird seed" was put away for the spring. (Watch the ball throw loverly rainbows all around the painted walls.) Ah John, it's so perty and sends me back to when me kiddies were babies.

(Pushes the whole pot of coffee in front of Susi.)
Pour to your heart's content. Just don't over do, and try and catch a "cat-nap" when ya can.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 417
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Lab,Susi,John..
Oh!! that ball has such an effect on me..
I feel like twirrlling around and around the cafe..
Instead I'll play "BIRD on a wire"
by Leonard Cohen And help Susi mellow out.
Open arms to change,

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9213
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 2:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat comes in all wet from the rain and orders a steamed milk hot chocolate and a bowl of Sal's home-made veggie beef soup.

Beautiful portrait, L. A. B.! Glad to see a drawing of Eric Bana, too--he was so amazing in "Munich" that it was hard after seeing it to think of him as anyone but that naive young Israeli guy, which is the sign of an excellent actor. Anthony Hopkins is like that too--a human chameleon who can disappear into a role completely.

Hope everyone likes big band music--I brought a whole bunch of quarters to play Linda Ronstadt singing with the Nelson Riddle Orchestra. I remember how shocked my Dad was to learn that a rock singer actually could sing what he called "real songs" *LOL*

John

Post Number: 1057
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 2:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

morning all actual I slept wayyyy over this morning have an earache. but have the energy to get this show on the road.

susi sound like you have some things going on still. I am still keeping good thoughts for you and the young one.

lap did you put those lead crystals in the windows when the kids were small. my mother did that and the kitchen was painted white it was lovely.
ah buddy you best be carfull eating grow. the bones get stuck and they dont taste very good

the special to day is beef tips over noodles with brown sauce with a side of green beans on the side.

coming around with the coffee.

John

Post Number: 1058
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 2:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oooo pat i love that did she and they ever sing stardust? lind is sooo cool.

what can we get ya today.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9215
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 3:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't think they ever got around to recording "Stardust" and that's too bad, since it's a great song and Nelson Riddle's gone now. For some reason, it's mostly been recorded by male singers--or at least that's whose albums I've run into. Did you ever hear Willie Nelson sing it? Amazing!

susi t learn

Post Number: 11914
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i'd listen to willie nelson sing three blind mice...he can make anything sound good. love that voice. so original.

linda's one of my favorites also...she was born here in the old pueblo. the first time i saw her, she was about 14 on hee haw. i don't think many people kow she's mexican. she sings at the mariachi festival. beautiful voice.

i'm a little perkier, thank you all.

finally getting a little more sleep. but i have tons to catch up on so catch ya'll later.

John

Post Number: 1060
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 3:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ya he does it so good. just laid back and that voice of his. I can hear it as you said that. mom has the hots for old Willy. its a neet to see her change to the beautiful person as she sings along with Willy.

I wish I still had me Linda CD of the torch songs. her father I guess is a famous Mexican conductor. fenanbo something I cant remember but I remember a PBS special Linda did honoring her fathers music.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 418
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 5:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi John..well if the message I'm supposed
to get from " eating Crow " is that my reaction was defensive and paranoid , it's true I am
when it comes to Mark.If I can now say that I
misjudged him, thats a good thing because I did not want to feel that way.Does this Make sense?

ALSO.. to everyone who has shown me great kindness and understanding in UC I feel I should explain my comment " I would not be hiding out in a place like this talking on line " if I felt I didn't have to..thats partially true, I'm not a person who uses the chat's, BUT !!! it was in no way intended as a slight to this Board or to any of it's members..espically those people who have made me feel at home and are helping me grow..
If anyone took this blurted out comment as a slight PLEASE EXCEPT MY APPOLIGIES..and please don't hate me.I have a way with words and that is they never comes out right!!
Open arms to change,

Astroboy
Username: astroboy

Post Number: 801
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 - 8:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The bell above the door jingles as Astro enters the cafe shaking off the cold and snow. He sits at a booth in order to stretch out.

A gum chomping waitress approaches. "Whaddya have, boy?"

"Coffee like my attitude, maam. Hot & black."
"And the lion roams..."

John

Post Number: 1063
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 3:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

glad you got to know mark, I tried for the longest to get to know him but it may be the gay thing or he just donít like me which is fine. Or he just likes to talk to the women, something I like to do myself. So much wisdom that we men do not possess

I use to read his quips to other posters when I got to UC and would laugh my but off/ and I still would like to get to know him. if he gave a me a chance.

not that any one cares but, btw I donít date any one off the net or am even interested in promoting that. no harry met sally or charley for me.

I find when I get to just witness a person for just being a person I am enriched so much more by the experience.

John

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 3:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey Astroboy, how are you tonight?

John

Post Number: 1066
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 3:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie why are you back on to thinking anyone thinks anything about you. you communicate the way you communicate.

can I say I make perfect sense No

Astroboy
Username: astroboy

Post Number: 804
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 6:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Howdy John! A little worn out. I've been fighting a cold since I came down from the mountains yesterday. Good to see the place is still going. Good threads are like that, ya know.

(sips coffee the waitress just poured.)

Hey, whats the special for breakfeast today?
"And the lion roams..."

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9223
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 1:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat pops in with a smile on her face and plops herself down beside Astro. You know how it is when you have this premonition that something bad is about to happen and it does? And then you realize it wasn't NEAR as yucky as you were afraid it would be and feel such *relief*?! That's how I feel this AM

Astro, I can recommend Sal's breakfast scramble, but you're a big guy and you may want a side or two with it. Me, I'll just go with the scramble, with sour cream on top, John.

susi, I didn't find out that Linda Ronstadt was Mexican until I fell in love with her big band collaborations with Nelson Riddle a couple of years ago and did some online research on her. And I've got Willy on my iPod--there's no dark, sad mood I've gotten yet that doesn't lighten a little when he sings "Stardust" to me.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5076
Posted on Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 2:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Sketchy...scetchy, a shot from "Green Mansions" with Audrey and Anthony.) A caramel machiatto please, John. Feeling cholesterol-making today!! Yum.

What was the recipe for Sal's breakfast scramble? Is it just eggs, cheese and sour-cream? Or are there some hidden ingredients?

My mother hated "Stardust" (must have been the breakup of an old boyfriend) but I had an old plastic music box in the shape of a pink or blue piano (5"x5"), gotten for a birthday, and the tune was "Stardust", it drove her nuts, but I loved it.

Also loved "Deep Purple," the song.

(sips slowly and hums.)