Archive through February 25, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through February 25, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 11859
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 4:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lemon merangne.

tuuli kki
Username: tigerseye

Post Number: 24
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 5:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Of those, I would have to choose carrot cake with pineapple cream cheese icing.

Sidles over to peruse Patricia's books.

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 1009
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 5:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

gosh now I am hungry for pie and cake!

brings coffee around for the gals and gives them the smile of a life time.

been sorting my junk today, and found my self asking why on earth do we keep it all? honestly my ex brought home a silver punch bowl and I wanted to throttle him for it as I had made a ceramic one he promptly dropped at a party we had. I got to leave all the shiny stuff behind and got to put out some of my beloved treasures today yea!
found books meaning to read movies meant to watch craft supplies. my most coveted possessions.

found my diary. found pieces that I forgot about actually. and I took it all in and got rid of the trash and the had items.

put out my yellow glass collection. for got about it actually. my big pots! they are like old friends to me. my paintings and the ones my Korean painter friend gave to me. a true spiritual soul I hope to get back in touch with. a teapot my Dutch potter friend made and rakued for me it just tells of her spirit and her love for life.

any way waiting for that baker to bring the pies. got a yen.

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie303

Post Number: 365
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 6:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OH John..just pick a dessert or I'm not telling you your true personality !!

Maddem Buddiefly
Open arms to change,
but don't let go of your values.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 366
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 6:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OPPS ..geeze sorry john you already told me..

I'm as always in control!!
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 367
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 7:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here we go and my new BOOK will prove it..

Susi..John..lemon m p..
Smooth sexy and articulate with your hands..
You ar an excellent after-dinner speaker and a good teacher.BUT don't try to walk and chew gum
at the same time.A bit of a Diva at times,but you have many good friends...

LAB..Tuuli ..Carrot Cake!! no extras,
You are a very fun loving person,who likes
to laugh,You are fun to be with.People like to hang with you.You are a very warm hearted person and a little quirky at times.You have many loyal friends..

Patricia :Choclate on Cholate..DID someone turn the heat up?
Sexy always ready to give and receive.Very adventurous..ambitious and Passionate.You can appear to have a cold exterior but are warm on the inside.Not afraid to take chances .Will not settle for anything average in life .Love to Laugh

Buddie..brownie
You are adventurours,love new ideas.and are a champion of underdogs and a slayer of dragons.When tempers flare up,you whip out your saber.you are always the oddball with au unique
sense of humor and direction.You tend to be very loyal..WOW..loyal I am I did not read read the results ...Brownies with ice cream ..UMMMM..
Open arms to change,

John

Post Number: 1011
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 8:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie I would say that about sums me up

how funny and on the mark.

tuul kki, did you break your arm some time ago? ouch!

you remind me of this glass blowing friend I used to have. she rocked and showed me so many things about glass we would talk about reds for the longest time and we secretly hated the glass blowing studio assistant who never made one thing of any consequence. but this friend that you remind me of made the most beautiful paper weights. some looked like the galaxies and some looked like sea life. I did not get to keep those in the divorce settlement. and my partner called this person to tell them I needed friends before he left me. jerk maybe I wanted to call her my self. aye me. I do miss that person though and the environment where we made art. a true person she is and defiantly stands up for what she believed in. something I always admired in her.

I donít know why I am going on and on about this. I just miss that person is all and hope that she is well with the world.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11865
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 8:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it IS accurate. lol

john, people cross your path for a reason. and timing is everything. all will be well.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 371
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 8:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This and much more..Buy the Book ..next U will love the Movie..Susi xo to bryan..
Open arms to change,

sitsoncats
Intermediate Member
Username: sitsoncats

Post Number: 124
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 9:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I would like the butterbeans and corn bread, collards and some of them rabbit dumplin's. Blackberry cobbler and a comfort and water.

sitsoncats
'....all that remains is the trim reckoning...'

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 374
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 9:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

JOHN.. service please..
Sitsoncats.while you wait go play the Jukebox
here's 5 cents..pick a good one.the rest is up to you,, well perhaps Sal ..OK ..Sal has a lot to say .always..in everything !!
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 377
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB..in Spirtual Tech.
Man T-4 ..he's long ..do you have an account of what he is saying ..shorter ?
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 379
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 10:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well John and Susi ..I thank you

The winners of the ( hidden up tight UC special peopale 's award ) Goes to ...
THE general public ..ROCK ON !!!!!
Open arms to change,

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 5019
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 10:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Can only give a "best guess" but it seems he's advocating being an "individual" in thinking rising about the mob mentality? (Not good at translating huge verbal eruptions.)

We are all individuals, dipping our fingers in pools of wisdom and only pulling out drops. Not enough life to fully comprehend, but we try.

(Grabs the maple donuts and some warm milk. Trying to get to sleep after Sasha's loss.)

susi t learn

Post Number: 11867
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 10:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey, just popped in to grab dessert to go. treat for the kid.

sits...last week i made some collards with bacon and salt and pepper topped with vinegar. i love my greens.

John

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 11:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey sits on cats welcome what you need comforting of. we have many great huggers here.

and orders are up but buddie wants me to take hers personally tap tap buddie what are you having. I hope you survived the seafood platter the other night its a lot of wiggle for not much jingle.

what is this about man4t what is he saying and where?

always not where the action is.

I went to the market to night and there stood in the store 3 cops and 4 fire men. the gals were fixing their hair and going down the same isle several time to get them to notice them it was a riot. non wore rings at all. and the funny part is that these women that were fixing themselves in the isle one over did not even know that 2 of them were not even interested.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9175
Posted on Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 11:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L. A. B., "Sasha's loss"--? What did I miss?

I'm still ing from my fateful dessert choice...

John, there's a local fire company that often hits the Starbuck's down the street at the same time that I do and I admit that I do enjoy looking at all those gorgeous bods, even if I am old enough to be their granny

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 380
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey joon..oops.john
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 381
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 12:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

HEY HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN SOMEONE TALKS TO YOU??
I KNOW IT HAPPENS ..BECAUSE IT HAPPENS TO ME
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 382
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB..
I should stop trying..Stiky Fingers..
Hey that could become a Million seller
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 383
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 12:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was about ( or as Waxy would say )a boat.To say
Patricia Firemen ..
is john a fireman.!!??
LAB thanks thats what i asked ? My eye has
( salve ? ) on it now..night
Open arms to change,

John

Post Number: 1016
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

buddie aare you talking about when some one conects to you or are you talking about something else. some are telipathic and some have implants that make voices in there heads.

usually i just get a sense of the person being around. but on rare occasion I have had individuals "call" me. its the weirdest. sometimes wonderfull.

John

Post Number: 1017
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 1:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

no nor a flamer either!

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 384
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 6:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No.. John I wanted to know if you can tell in here when someone posts to something you have in a message..Good thing I went to bed when I did.
I can see this conversation going .
..Lavern and Shirley.. Big time!!
Why am I up so early..I have today off also.. I'd like a Large water and a brownie.Tks John.
Open arms to change,

StarMaiden
Username: carla

Post Number: 82
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 8:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stumbles in, I am sooooooo glad it's FRIDAY!! whoohooooo Its been a long tiring week.

Coffee and waffles pleazzzzz
Suzi I am glad your son is home. You will do find with the pic line.

John your pottery sounds beautiful, when do we get to see it? (looks around knowing I need to get my artwork scanned and online)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5022
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat, Buddie asked a question from another thread under "Spiritual", so was trying to interpret what she was referring to.

(Starbucks waters down their coffee) like it here at Sal's where it's "full-bodied" and lots of banter. Keep the conversation going, and the pastries light and fluffy. (Grabs a raspberry Turnover with light delicate frosting, and snarfs!!) Ah...peace, tranquility, fraternity, sorority, all good!!

(Message edited by Leathab on February 24, 2006)

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1897
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 11:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You guys like my charcoal tiger drawing for the wall?

susi t learn

Post Number: 11870
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

excellent!

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 385
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mark thats lovely..I'm sure it will make the wall

LAB ..i love that word snarfs
I can only find my confused look in spiritual?
and can't remember what I asked ?
Open arms to change,

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5026
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I forgot myself, Buddie.

Mark, that's a beautiful cat, a "White?" (Miss Sigfried and Roy, never got to see them perform in Vegas, hope Roy is healing.)

Here's another "sketch" for the wall. It's Richard Burton, when he was very young, (before Elizabeth.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Leathab/RichardBurton.jpg

John

Post Number: 1018
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 1:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey mark wow that is a lovely tiger! lab that Richard Burton sketch is amazing.

john pours coffee and admires the new work.

star maiden I have to take my memory stick to get it put on disk at wall greens been putting it off but I will I am getting so inspired be everyones work and a bit jealous too. wow.

cant wait to see whatís next hope Kathy Decker posts some too but far be it from me to harp on any one as I have put it off myself.

morning buddie! shamiel shamazel hosinphefer incorporated. ya some times i know when people have replied to a post it cool!

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9181
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 2:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat hits Sal's in a rush, orders a double mocha on the rocks to go and looks at the art wall while John works the beautiful old espresso machine. Got way too many errands to do today

Beautiful cat drawing, Mark--! We used to have a huge gray tiger cat who had that exact expression on his face sometimes. I'd forgotten how much I used to love to work on toned charcoal/pastel paper--it provided the middle tone and all I had to do was to pick out the shadows and highlights. Much less work than a white surface, I used to think. Maybe I should try that media again, too....

L. A. B., that's a gorgeous portrait! I remember when he was that young, before age and booze blurred the beautiful contours of his face...[sigh] In his later years, I'd listen to his voice and in my mind's eye, I'd see his younger features again. His voice stayed young/vital much longer than his face did. (Funny how we tend to be attracted to many of the same men, isn't it? *LOL*)

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5028
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 2:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Richard B. could read the phone book and I'd swoon. His voice was so distinctive. Anthony Hopkins tries to imitate Richard occasionally (he did some of the vocal work in Lawrence of Arabia's re-release with David Lean, who went through and added bits of film that didn't have sound, General Allenby's voice (Jack Hawkins) was reworked by Anthony.) He apparently is a great "mime" for voices. (Strange the trivia I know.)

John, another Caramel Macciato please.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 386
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB that's great work .All you people have such Talent.
Guess I'll have to send a pic of my guitar to Sals for the wall as I have not sketched in years.I seem to remember having to be in a particular Mood in order to get the creative urge?
Open arms to change,

susi t learn

Post Number: 11871
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 2:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

burton and hopkins...love them both. gotta love the welsh.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5029
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 3:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Scots, Irish and Welsh the "indiginous" people of Great Britain. Fierce and poetic. Friends of pixies, brownies, fairies and devas. Tribes still there after all the mayhem.

Post your guitar, Buddie. Also, any tattoos people are proud of. They're art as well.

Lunch salads anyone?

John

Post Number: 1025
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 5:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

why ill have a salad. ham and turkey on top blue cheese please are there any of those crackers sal. what I will get back to work but I am hungry. ok after the lunch rush then.

lab I have Mr. Peabody on my upper left arm. because he traveled to the past and never got it right despite his intelligence. weird aye. I always think of myself as Sherman. have had it since 94.

its fading now I hope it donít go away totally but its pale now

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5031
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 5:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Got a photo? (Is that the dog from Rocky and Bullwinkle?) He was a favorite character as was Duddley DoRight and Little Nel. But "Fractured Fairytales" was my utmost favorites. (Great grammar ghastly.)

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 388
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2006 - 5:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Rocky & Bullwinkle was a trip..definitely not made for kids.
Maybe it's me but I just looked at a picture of The Tall Whites in UFO and I think I finally
figured out Michael Jacksons eclectic look.
Darndest thing but I taught of him immediately.

Sal.. a garden salad to go
have a good night Ya'll . LAB your too cool !!
Open arms to change,

John

Post Number: 1029
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 2:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yup from rocky and Bullwinkle. the little time traveling dog with his boy Sherman.

loved the show was addicted to it actually, all of them.

no photos of it but Ill try. ahg your going to make me shave my arm.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 389
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 8:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning John..I slept in !! Yippee !! Hey what's up with the one shaved arm ?

I'll have melon slices toast and tea ..Thanks

I had a dream about someone in here and since I never met them ,I'm guessing your brain formats that image from the keyboard communications going on.
Which leads me to ask .Do people blind from birth dream ?
Open arms to change,

L. A. B.

Post Number: 5038
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 9:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And the answer is: No, they build other senses into that place where dreams would be. (Hearing, smell etc.)
http://vision.about.com/od/severevisionloss/f/blinddreams.htm

(Pours a cuppa french roast coffee and begs Sal to make her world-famous French Pastry, Napoleons!!)

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9189
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 1:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat orders a scramble for brunch and sinks into a booth again, but this time just to have lots of space to spread out her books.

Peabody! I LOVED Peabody! And a friend and I used to do a great Boris & Natasha, too....[sigh] So long ago!

I think I need a Mimosa with that, John--this is shaping up to be one of those nostalgic days.

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 739
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 2:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(drags haggard butt in and plops down at a table)

I need coffee. and maybe a swiss cheese with mustard on a hard roll.

Been busy dreaming. This is a very active dream time for me. a nightmare last night, then another good one this morning. I'll be posting them on the dream thread after I eat.
I heard Whitley's unpublished close encounter story
last night. Wow.that brought up a lot of stuff. Those feral people in the woods have the spookiest voices, sometimes, calling my name out loud.

(Gets up and stumbles over to the juke, punches in the numbers for "Werewolves of London" )

(Sal serves up the cheese sandwich and a really tall glass of water)

Thanks, sal.MMMM lots of mustard, just the way I like it. (Starts howling with the song, then tears into the sandwich as if starving)

This dream and memoryy stuff takes a lot out of me. Please scuse my manners guys, maybe I'll be better tonite.

Well, I better head on down to dreams before I lose them...

Rock On!
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

John

Post Number: 1032
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 2:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john delivers the orders and wonders why pats drinking alone and makes another memosa put pours vodka in his and splashes with Champaign.

he rips marks work down and tosses it out the front door.

embellish this mark!

sal quietly laughs from the kitchen window

he delivers the drinks and sits at pats table and they toast.

eggs Benedict any one?

susi t learn

Post Number: 11876
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 2:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi walks in the door in time to hear 'eggs benedict'.

yep, i'll have some. a bloody mary with mine.

pat...my friend from peru and i were out and a friend ordered a mimosa and she burst out laughing. seems that's a real popular brand name of 'feminine pads' in peru.

got the kid settled and thought i'd take a short break. then i have to go home and clean my oor neglected casa.

any sergio mendez on the juke??

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 742
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 2:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi guys, I'm human again. Boy I'd love some vodka, a martini-straight up,with an olive.

Posted my dreams, now they are out of my head and I can get on with the day.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 391
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ahh..this more like it.Susi glad to see you and hope you and Bryan are fine ..John I did not put Marks work up..You took it down..John you ROCK !!Hi Pat & Kathy welcome.
I have tried twice to post back to LAB and lost it..the last time my PC had a GRINDING thing going on..
So one more time LAB..thank you for the link !
I had more to say but I guess ..As smell can re-claim memories for the sighted and the sense of touch and imagination is explosive .The Blind
have that .Maybe color is all that is missing and everyone I know ( outside of here ) dreams in black and white.So they say..
I love flying dreams and never experienced flight ( per se ? ) we create our own reality don't we ?

Oh Sorry LAB these melon strips are slipery..NO let me do taht..Buddie tries to dust of the melon juice from the delicate French Pastry Nepoleons.
err..oops..ohhh..shish..oops..Oh slippery..
Heads Up ??
Open arms to change,

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9191
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 3:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Mimosa" as "feminine product" huh?! Yikes! Well, I guess I can see that, with the flowers being so soft-looking. [stowing factoid away for possible future reference]

Time for me to go clean my dirty house, too...yuck. But The Skeptic has company coming tomorrow, so.......

John

Post Number: 1033
Posted on Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 3:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

as john mixes morning cocktails for his gals he heeds pat wanting to clean house and thinks that he had just better do the same. my dust bunnies are geting angery and bold

john serves the benidict special and orders one him self.

ummmm bloody mary great idea susi! lots of tobasco and peper in mine mmmmm