Archive through February 18, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Sal’s Insomniacs paranoia café » Archive through February 18, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 933
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

woaw if he has a live active culture he has got something very good indeed.

Night susi

StarMaiden
Username: carla

Post Number: 73
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 1:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Slides into the cafe, (there is ice on everything here.) Hey John! Chili cheezy fries pleeze...been thinking about those all day. Tiptoes around where John has just mopped. Cold pepsi to pleeze. Finaly a night off. Puts a quarter into the juke box..hits b73 plays an old Fleetwood Mac song...'don't stop thinkin about tomorrow....don't it will soon be here..better than before....'

John

Post Number: 934
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 2:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi star maiden I put your order up and Ill have to make it too sal is out for a bit.

loveing the fleetwood mac too. makes you feel good.

johngets starmaidens pepsi for her and goes in to the kitchen and ladles out some thich rich chilly and tops it with cheese and buts a cup of sour cream and a cup of onions a nd crackers on the side. thinks its good to have choices but not evey one wants it all on their chilly. john serves starmaidens chilly and smiles at her and hopes she is well tonight?

As sal pulls in to the drive past cappy’s place Shane pits start to go it to over drive is this really happening he says to him self, he answers too, Ya must be look how far I have gotten on nothing but hope. What’s she going to think when she finds out that I am just 17.

It was a rough time for Shane as he left home at 14. It was not so much that he was a bad kid he was helpful and polite but weird shi—just followed him where ever he went. Like the time in the school hall while class was in session. He found himself with no memory of getting to where he was and did not even remember what class he was to be in at the time. 9th grade was hard enough but he Had just got the gist of reading and was finally starting to do better in school. Up until that point every thing was a struggle for him. He just could not focus his attention and seemed to always be dreaming. The other place was at times wonderful and magical yet at other times horrific and perverse. He tried to resolve that it was nothing but never seemed to quite put it in the back of his mind.

That day in the hall he came too clutching his books to his chest and found he was also holding a UFO book it had pictures of tall pasty beings in it he was hiding it under a book about tropical fish a love of his. He started down the hall and encountered his history teacher, thinking he was in big trouble as he realizes that is the class he is supposed to be in. his teacher has this look on his face like he’ seen a ghost. “Shane are you not supposed to be.” Shane drops his books and bends down to pick up the books and Mr. Bluetree meets his gaze as he bends down and helps retrieve the books and looks at them. “Shane are you being abducted” Shane’s world closes in on him and looks for an escape but there was none. “we don't know whats going on. my dad thinks I am possessed but its happening to every one in my house. “ he takes the books from Mr. Bluetree and they head back to class

Now Mr. Bluetree was well respected by the kids he was young and had a jovial nature and was a healer, much to the chagrin of the parents as there was a fear of anything cult sounding in that part of the country. He also coached the wrestling team and lead them to many victories and state championships. This was his saving grace and why the parents never pursued him in his other life. He seemed to have the ability of making things ok for the kids, when he knew that most of them came from terrible homes. He was a believer in the heart and its power to heal. And he was taped in to it. He had hot hands always they looked as though they were on fire and were red. Students would go to him with their pains and be healed and learned in the process that all adults were not the bad guys.

Mr. Bluetree was pondering what he had seen. It was as if the boy materialized out of no where and he had to think that this was not the first time he had seen this with this boy. They enter the class room and all the kids that sit in the back were cutting up and swearing. Now Shane take your seat and you guys in the back pipe down as we have a lot to cover today. Shane slinks in to a seat that was next to another boy that had no friends who he ate lunch with and who he sits by in most classes they have together. If Shane had a friend BJ was the closest he got to it. Bj was from Norway and spoke broken English and was actually a Laplander. His logic was unlike the other kids and Shane found this familiar and an association was started between the 2 boys. Shane had helped stack wood for Bj’s family and spent many nights at his place trying to get out of eating goat cheese and salt fish. Yuck. But Bj’s mom like Shane and hoped he would stay around so her on would have a friend.
Shane opens his book and starts to do the vocab words on his note book he writes the words down and in the text looks for their meaning but is overwhelmed by flash backs of beings in robes with white bony hands and long rods. And the cold floor. He starts to see in his minds eye the events but can not fix them in his memory. He gets a headache and closes the book and rests his head on the desk and rubs his eyes. Mr. Bluetree makes no mention for Shane to get back to work. He just lets him do his thing.

That was a day like other days where Shane could not explain what he had been doing. And as he sees sal stop the car and open the door he gets his meager bag of worldly possessions he hears Sal say is that all you got honey. That's OK I have some of my Ex’s shirts and pants we’ll fix ya up. Hope your hungry I brought you a big sandwich from the café

Miss sally, thank you so much but you did not have to do that.

I don't have to do anything I don't want to. You are most welcome. She retorts silkily and gives him a big smile. Well we better get to getting. Got a big day planed.

They get in to her 1988 eldorado and back out of cappy’s drive and the car is jarred this way and that when they his the ruts.

They make their way through the spruce forests and onto the highway in town sal's double wide is behind the restaurant. Very convenient no excuses to not work.

She settles him in and he likes her place and his room, she even put a hand made quilt on the bed for him it’s a pattern that his mom did some times “Corn and beans”

Sal tells him to take his time but she had to get to the café and she hands him a towel and toiletries. She smiles at him and leaves though the front door.

Shane makes his way to the bathroom and strips off his cloths and starts the shower. The water is warm and soothing and he slips in and thinks as the shower gently washes away his past and he feels reinvigorated and thinks of clouds and flying.

StarMaiden

Post Number: 74
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 2:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pours the onions and sour cream over the chili/cheese concoction. mmmm The best ever.
Intently listens to the story of Shane. 'sigh' Nods in understand.
Starts to think about her most vivit memory of missing time. The whole thing just stumps me even 28 years later. More Pepsi, this is along story.
I was living in south central Florida on the edge of Small Boat swamp. ( I am going to change some of the places here). My x husband Jeff and I had started a small business in a warehouse behind our house. It was good place approx. 8 to 10 miles from anything and anybody. On a clear sunny day we decided to drive into town to do some shopping. When we were done we left town turning onto the county road toward home. It was early evening 5:30 6pm. As we drove there was a dense fog as we drove into it, it turned to total darkness. Soon the car engine to the car cut out and we rolled to a stop. We looked at each other. I looked to my right out the window and saw 3 lights in the distance....I thought it was a gas station. I started to open the door to the car...we were soon surrounded by little luminessent beings. I remember hearing my husband yelling my name and saying how scared he was. Terrified he kept trying to start the car. I proceeded to get out of the car. My next memory is of my X crouched naked next to a wall screaming my name. At the time I could not understand why he was acting that way. I then went into another room. ....After that my next memory is of driving up to the house. The door to the ware house was wide open, and the lights were all on. I know I shut those doors. The dogs had little water left and no food. In the next week or so business associated stopped by and wanted to know where we had been. Apparently they had stopped it was the same the doors open and the lights on. sigh. This whole even has haunted me for all these years. I am wondering now if the shopping trip to town was a screen memory, because we never would have left the warehouse open like that. Plus there was nothing in the car that would normally be there from a shopping trip, mainly bags of groceries etc.
More pepsi please.

John

Post Number: 935
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 3:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow that’s a story and a half. John looks at star maiden and understands completely.

it reminds me of a encounter home invasion that was definitely the aliens. I shared a room with my brother and his friend that lived with us at the time and they came in late and we laughing and telling me their antics of the evening. they were falling asleep and I woke dead awake and light were shining in the room then it kicked up and the walls melted away an I could see out side and small beings were coming into the room though where the walls were I screamed and told my brother and his friend to get away from the wall and that is the memory. we had bloody noses and were sore all over the next day.

here is you Pepsi

StarMaiden

Post Number: 75
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 4:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

THanks for the cold pepsi.
We probably stayed another 6 months in that house. It was very eventfull as far as visitations.
About a year ago I drove down to Florida and made a stop in that area. There was a Publix less than 3 miles from the place. The old house had been torn down and a fancy new one built in its place. There was still an open field where I thought the obduction started. I sat there in the early dawn hours staring,,,,trying to remember. I wonder if there will ever come a day when all this becomes clear.

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie303

Post Number: 326
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 4:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Good Morning StarM..Morning John..
buddie slides in to ask StarM about her story.
Has your X ever spoke about it ? John I'll have
a Rootbeer float please..Susi has me craving one ever since she ordered hers.I'm eating backwards today.She removes the stale gum she's been chewing and sticks it under her chair.

Open arms to change,
but don't let go of your values.

StarMaiden

Post Number: 76
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 5:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey Buddy, No my X would not talk about it. This only thing I got from him was anger. The marriage only lasted 3 or 4 more years after that. During the time in that house there were many 'visits', all I remember is him blaming me everytime. I tried to contact him a couple of years ago. The only thing I could find was a relative of his. The relative told me Jeff had lost everything, no car, no job, no home, no phone. After we broke up he went on a downhill slide. I often wonder if it had something to do with what happened.
That root beer float looks mighty good, I'll have one of those.....who care about the calories!

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 11794
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 9:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hi ya'll!

star...i heard the word 'publix'. it's strange to hear that out west. my kid was a meat cutter for them in florida.

just grabbing a coffee to go, on my way to gate's pass to just chill and look out over the caldera and mountains. but i wanted to leave this recepie for sal...the cherokee sourdough biscuits.

1 cup sourdough starter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp sode
1 tbsp shortening
3-4 cups flour

place flour in mixing bowl, make a well in center and add sourdough starter. stir in salt, sugar and soda. add shortening. add flour to make stiff dough. pinch of dough, one buscuit at a time, form a ball and roll in melted shortening. place buscuits, crowned in a pan and let rise 20-30 minutes. bake at 425* until browned.

i'll be back for lunch...i'm craving fried green tomatoes. :-)

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 4914
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Chess?? (Counts the black and white squares on the floor, and the dots on the ceiling tiles.) Those squares were in some of the repetitive dreams that occurred years ago, and cannot be forgotten.

Love biscuits, but can I substitute a bit of yeast bubbly with buttermilk, for the starter? (Don't have any growing on the window sill.)

Puts a coin in the Juke Box, and punches up "Bridge Over Trouble Waters," and wipes away a tear. Too many sad memories of college years/break-ups. Accidentally hits "Close to you" and sings all the words, unconsciously. "Muskrat Love" jumps on afterward, the "Captain and Tennile" sing and frogs cree.

Hey John, thanks for the walk down memory lane. Next time, could you order the street department to fill in all the pitfalls and tire-destroyers!!

Skied yesterday during a blizzard, was a weird claustrophobic feeling, but the weirdness was, felt like I was skiing inside a "bubble" of protection, so it was doubly claustrophobic.

Didn't fall, (even though there was 4 inches of powder) stopped frequently to let the shaky legs rest, and managed to survive.

(Hey Shane, wanna dance with a "moldie oldie!!")

John

Post Number: 936
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey susi thanks for the recipe, every body’s orders are up.

Lab the one good thing about tiers is that they can be replaced.

would you tell us of another old movie?

John hands buddie a napkin and points to the gum, shakes his head and smiles

well the relationship /abduction ratio of success is low I am afraid. even if they are an experience themselves the blame thing always creeps in. I don’t put it past my ex that this was part of the problem. even though I know he was taken too. but who cares about that today. were having a dance party. who wants to decorate. its sal's birthday and all the regulars are invited.

john hands lab the streamers and the balloons to susi. he wheels out the helium tank.

john topes every bodies soda and coffees off and servers the orders that are up.

sends buddie to get the Champaign cake from the bakers. yes pink

susi t learn

Post Number: 11797
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oooh, this is fun! (susi says in her helium minnie mouse voice) then gets the giggles at how she sounds.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4919
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Sucks the helium from one balloon, uses Minnie Mouse voice) "Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me, M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!"

Old movies, Maytime, Wuthering Heights, Rebecca, Dr. Zhivago, Becket, Lion in Winter old TV shows (Have Gun Will Travel, The Rifleman, Wanted: Dead or Alive, Maverick/Sugarfoot/Cheyenne, My Favorite Martian.)

Ah Naustalgia, and Nick-at-Night. (Hangs the twisted crape paper high and through the lighting.
Reaches for the chinese lanterns.)

What are we celebrating? (Hums "A very happy unbirthday, to you...to me??")

susi t learn

Post Number: 11799
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i faithfully watched 'have gun'. i had a mega crush on richard boone. i know, not your stereotypical heart throb but he got ME to throbbing!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4921
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Did anyone used to watch "Broken Arrow" with Michael Ansara as "Cochice" and John Luptin as the Indian Agent with a heart. Great show. (wipes away a tear.)
Dick Boone and Michael A. were my favs back then. (For Trekkers, Michael Ansara was "Kang!!")

(Hangs up the "trivia" sign and puts the gold statues out for all to grab.)

susi t learn

Post Number: 11800
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 1:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

michael ansara married barbra eden. unfortunately they lost their son to drugs.

ok, enough of that; john, for future reference let me tell you what my friend and i did when her husband left her. we got a balsa boat from the craft store, about a foot long. took photos of him and a few other items, put them on the boat and added a 'combustiable' mixture. we lit it and pushed it off into our pond and watched it explode then burn then sink. felt goooood. we have a different idea of 'closure'.

balloons are up, i'm going to run out for flowers.

John

Post Number: 937
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 1:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lab did you like the remake of wuthering hights that was on a and e? also it sound like you had an anxiety attack yesterday. are you OK, I had one the day before it was not fun.

john laughs at the gals cutting up. and sucks in some helium and speaks in the Marvin the Martian voice "of course you know this means war"

john sees Shane enter the cafe and tries to put on a serious face and asks Shane to help move the tables. Sal looks from the kitchen window perplexed about how she lost control of the cafe "John what the hell is going on" she shouts from the window just then tiny shows up with a bouquet of roses and a case of Champaign.

the gals made the diner pretty. Shane has no idea what’s going on and decides that he better head to the kitchen and get started washing dishes.

SAR01
Username: sar01

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 1:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Guys! Sar smiles big as she comes through the down, spies her favorite booth empty, but decided she doesn;t need it today!.

I brought Shamrocks and green beer to honor the Irish part of me.

(Sorry I've been away, but sometimes dealing with other things come up and then I have limited time so I have to hit my BB.. this is my "get away" place. heheheh (Just meaning I can come and read and not post, just be, if you know what I mean.)

but I heard the word...DANCE" so I will help decorate and come back with bells on!

I LOVE TO DANCE!

(ps, been trying to keep up with the posts, but have no time to answer or add to them right now)

have a great day!

Sar, does a little Irish jig and dances out the door.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4922
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 1:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Huffs helium) "Wascally Wabbit!!" "Ehhh...What's up Doc!!" (prepares to attack Yosemite Sam's baracade fort.) Rolls down the old screen and puts in the film into the wheezy projector. "Everyone ready for Looney Tunes!!"

John

Post Number: 938
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

elmor fud, chimes in kill da wabit kill da rabit kiil da wabit. lol

hey sar its loose around here jump in any old time.

john gets his popcorn and a big grin.

Shane makes his way to the dishwasher and sees a huge pile of dirty dishes his heart starts to sink, but decides that he had better get started. he gets the racks and rinses cups glasses dishes tea pots and fills the racks until he finds the counter is clear. He turns around to find all the pans and pots that sal brought to him..

He hears sal mumbling over the dishwashing machine saying something about she better get out there to see what the ruckus is all about. She exits the kitchen and he hears the crowd yelling surprise and hears jolly good fella being sang by the people. He smiles and turns back to the work laughter and music come from the other room. As he takes a steal wool to a large baking sheet he drifts to that other place and thinks of this garden suddenly he is there. And in this garden he sees the garden of his great grand mother and then he sees her, Hi Shane I have been keeping watch over you, he cant believe its her. He missed her.

Great grand ma, its been a long journey, she replies I know but we have guided you to this place they want you to join them out front.

Suddenly Shane is back to the here and now. Only going out front will I start to be a part of it all. As he rinses the last baking sheet he raises enough courage to go through the swinging door. Sal hugs him and brings him some cake. Some one made enchiladas Shane salivates and wonders if many people get this kind of welcome he wishes sal happy birthday, and asks why she said nothing about it to him. she says well we all have secrets now don't we. He drops his head only to find himself smothered in her bosom and she hugs him. he looks at her and asks what it is that she wants to know.

In time you’ll tell me. But your not who you say you are you. He says no. I am 17 I ran from home when I was 14. been on the road since. My dad ran me off. I have been lucky to this point to get where I am. I have encounter many kind people and I was sent to you.

Sal looks at him and says I know I met your grand mother. She looks at the crowd and softly says I have been taken too. Then her mood changes and she runs up behind tiny and pinches his butt. he turns around smiling and hands her some Champaign. And kisses her. She is taken back but does not fight it and returns the kiss

Shane sits at the counter and stares at john I swear I know him he says to his self. Maybe its that he has one of those faces. Shane eats the cake and makes his way to the enchiladas and serves him self 3 and some rice.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11802
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 2:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi slowly walks in the front door, mud on her knees and face, torn jeans, grass sticking to her clothes.

uh, hi guys. had a 'slight' problem getting the flowers. on my way to the florist i spied these lovely purple wildflowers in a field and thought they would be prettier than store bought so i kinda parked the jeep, got out and squeezed under the barb wire fence and began picking.

until i heard a snort. i whipped around to see a bull i didn't notice before pawing the ground and indicating i should get the heck out of his field.

had a little trouble getting back through the wire. i think i dropped the flowers along the way. hehe walks red faced to the ladies room.

John

Post Number: 939
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 2:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi t learn

Post Number: 11803
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi exits the ladies room and gives sal a big hug. checks out the new guy and gives him a wink. (a motherly wink) :-)

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9119
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 4:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"a motherly wink" Yeah, right, susi--pull the other one, it's got bells on it

StarMaiden, I do that too, when I go back to PA to visit--I borrow someone's car and drive to the sites of various weird occurences and try to find understanding or some new insight. But usually, I just sit there confused and a little sad and very frustrated. Then I start feeling very self-conscious. Then I go home.

L. A. B., how about one of my all-time favorite movies "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir"?! I can still lose myself completely in that one and I still cry like a baby when that glass falls from her hand at the end....[sigh]

Today's cold and gray and rainy and I'm feeling down, so I'm about to go start a big pot of vegetable beef soup. Sal's is way better, but I need to stand in front of a bubbling pot and stir for a while. That always makes me feel better...and it's SO much cheaper than therapy

susi t learn

Post Number: 11805
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 4:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

no, REALLY, patricia...REALLY!

my favorite all time old movie is 'blithe spirit'. loved it.

i think i'm going to have to go home and change...even *I* can't stand the smell of cow dung on my boots.

catcha later.

John

Post Number: 941
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 4:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

2 months ago I visited the site of an occurence and at first it did not look right but then the light changed and the carlot behind the resteraunt reflected off the windows and then the whole insident came back to me. it was an amaizing moment but after the shock wore off I was left feeling empty. hang in there pat we need ya

enchanted cottage is a great one btw

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4924
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 4:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Really enjoyed Rex Harrison's version, but also thought the old TV version with Edward Muldaur as the Captain, was also done very well.

The most influential film when I was very young teenager was "Green Mansions" with Tony Perkins and Audrey Hepburn, it was spooky and wonderous, filled with mystery and lovely "paradise" things. Wished to have been there, but knowing in reality, it would be more like "survivor" with all the bugs, bitty critters etc. rather than the heavenly smelling, flower-filled hidden delicious place. But it was a wonderous film.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 328
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 6:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB..girl age is Lifestyle..you don't sound like an oldie moldie ..I'm supposed to go skiing
tomorrow,,If the Blizzard by passes us??
I also would like very much to hear your
repetitive dream stories.....

Buddie pulls into parking lot..Hi Pat as Pat leaves.. disgards gum outside and says a hasty prayer..if someone is supposed to walk on this ..please don't let it be John..amen.
I love any Audrey Hepburn and Betty Davis movie
the older the better..My favourite movie that has stayed with me all my life is "The Secret Garden"
I think it's been remade??..but I loved the original I believe it's with British kid actors.

John I got word there was a party at Sal's tonight? The place looks great you even dug up the ole Disco globe..I love those shinny little mirror sparkly turning thingies,great party ambience ,looks like my Prom.
Where is Susi? Is this a dress up affair??
Open arms to change,

susi t learn

Post Number: 11806
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 6:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ack! i'm here. just stopped by to put up a poster. i happened to look out the window and saw a small black dog in front of the house. i freaked because i thought xena escaped. (catching breath) but it was a smaller dod, a puppy. but it's eerie how much he looks like xena. i live on a busy road so i brought it in then made a sign for the front of my drive saying 'FOUND PUPPY' and hopefully the owner will see it.

can't party yet, have to take care of this runaway.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 330
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 7:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ok Susi.. Priorities I understand..Meantime I'm going out to find some Dance partners..geeze it's just Sal and us gals..well John but he will try and cut us off..No green beer..We may stay too late..!
Open arms to change,

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 332
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 8:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Geeze wish Kathy were here..Bad Bad Leroy Brown...
I could learn some moves.
Open arms to change,

John

Post Number: 942
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 9:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

party is on, its serve your self and bubdie is in control of the music.

look how happy sal is tiny looks happy too.

some one forgot shane is here now, dance with him.

green beer is welcome. yummy

party! and be happy

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 731
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 9:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What's that you say, Buddie? You want to learn some MOVES? I am the queen of moves.
My Dad's name is LeRoy. And I have always LOOved Jim Croce.
(starts that shimmy move again and John and Sal grab hold of her and try to restrain her before she wrecks the place)
Okay, Okay, but really-I've got them under control now. I just shopped the closeout store for some Delta Burke Bras-they are holding me tighter than my first husband on our honeymoon.

I'm glad to see everybody, and look-I brought the flowers!
(holds out a pot of shamrocks with white flowers, )
and look what I found in a field when I stopped to contemplate some bull
(produces a huge bunch of purple wildflowers from behind her back)

And some one had already PICKED them! When I ask for a favor from mother earth, she really goes all out!

Gosh, I'm thirsty. Got any fresh strawberry lemonade to go with that cake?
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

SAR01
Username: sar01

Post Number: 36
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 9:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Popping back in and bringing some extra supplies, Oh I just love impromptu gatherings, especially DANCING!

and you know what.. I can with anyone.....you, you, or you.. or me myself and I! we all have a good time!

hehehehehhe ooops, I had me a wee slip errr sip og the brew!

back later.. have horses to feed and dogs to let out and kitties to love, and a fire to stoke.. then I hope I am still awake enough to BOOGIE!

Sar, flits out the door singing.. "She loves the night life..she's got to boogie....

susi t learn

Post Number: 11807
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 9:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi waves at sar on her way in.

i'm back! so far no one's claimed the dog. dumb dug's ignoring him, xena wants to play 'sniff my butt' and wesa's p*ssed that i brought home yet another dog! at least he seems house trained.

walks by a vase of purple wildflowers....looks around...raises an eyebrow...back at the flowers. hmmm...

ok, put on some little richard and let's rock!

StarMaiden

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 9:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey everyone!!! Nice party. Looks at Sal....hands her an envelope. (it has a gift certificate for the local boutique) Star know that Sal has been looking at a special dress there.
Grabs some encheladas and rice in a togo box. "sniff' sorry to say I have to work tonight. Ya'll have fun.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11809
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 9:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

aw, call in! (as susi whirls star around) oh well, take some cake with you.

John

Post Number: 943
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 10:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hand jive? why id love too buddie

john slips on some cake and goes down.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4926
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(puts in a nickel and listens) "There's a Summer Place" wafts through the air, and the floor sparkles with reflected mirror light, as everyone glides around. Then Susi starts a popcorn fight and the world becomes white with snow.

John

Post Number: 958
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john pulls cake out of his hair and finds popcorn stuck all over his body. frosting popcorn go figure.

liking the song lab picked out.

darnditall, I have to clean this mess up. Shane comes and helps john pick up the empties and people wander around. Shane thinks these people are nice weird but nice. hopes that one day he can let loose like they all can.

sal and tiny have mysteriously disappeared, hum what’s that about. the ladies are all around a table laughing and carrying on about every thing

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 333
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 5:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Morning Shane..Well the place still looks in one piece..but whats that Big pink thing hanging from the disc ba ...OH.. Kathy was here!
Shane turns three shades of red as he
removes K's (ladies wear).

Buddie's glad its quiet and still dark.She had a relaps with the Ex last night ( said OK in a moment of weakness )and wants to clear her head.Sal brings her a tea and she sips and thinks.1st time in 6 mths.thats not so bad.I got all the good stuff last night but I know the real person and I can never live with him again.
S.O.B has everything I look for in a man otherwise..Oh well this will pass..Hope I'm up to skiing ..
I'm tired ,it's minus 15 windchill an hours ride away.Lots of time still to call and cancel. .Hummmm ????

Thanks for the tea Sal ..by the way how's Tiny
Open arms to change,

susi t learn

Post Number: 11811
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 9:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

good morn....strong, black coffee. cuban if you have it. rough night last night.

susi sits down then feels something on her leg. picks off a piece of popcorn. oh yeah, hehe

the kid had a bad night. even the morphine tablets didn't work. all i could do was give him reiki til he fell asleep.

our renter/friend asked to keep the found puppy in his room. he slept with brian then he got up for work and brought him back to me. still no inqueries. wesa's STILL p*ssed.

looks around...did the party gear up after i left?? i swear, that's cake on the juke box.

settles down to sip the strong brew.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4928
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 10:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Starts with mop and pail to help Sal clean up the sticky stuff, Mr. Clean does wonders.) Yeah, it got pretty funny when John rolled around in the stuff, stood up, and looked like the "Stay-Puff" Marshmellow guy from "Ghostbusters."

Sal and Shane have spent the night washing out each other's hair (sounds romantic, but they were fully clothed.) Seems someone threw M & M's and they melted (they aren't supposed to do that??) so they were both pretty knotty. With all that long hair on both of them, it's taken them hours. They need their sleep, so we'll have to mind the fort, scrambled eggs anyone?

(Sorry about Bryn, hope he can get to feeling better, does he have a neck brace?)

susi t learn

Post Number: 11812
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 10:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

no neck brace. he starts therapy next week, if we can get him through the next few days.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4932
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It might be wise to wrap a towel around his neck, loosely with a big safety pin to hold it, just to keep the tension from building? When hubby over-works in the yard, he does that, and it eases the pain in his muscles, particularly if he's been trimming tree branches and having to reach over his head.

John

Post Number: 964
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 11:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

every one is shocked and amaized that sudenly nomes and fairies come in and make quick work of the clean up and sudenly vanish

Morning all, be around for refills. in a moment.

susi sorry to hear about the kid, and I bet your beat yourself. Hugs susi. steams her a nice cut of cuban..

buddie that is my greatest fear back sliding. but it happens youll be ok

morning lab I got the stay puff out.

like where you are takeing the people.

one last big thing to move today and thats it I am sure i have things in boxes still but is it worth the efort. I strangely feel at peace about the whole thing and that would be because of you all. thanks for letting this boy be a pain. and susi I thought intently about your method of closure and thought hummmm, but id need a bigger boat.

anyway looks like its pretty here today after raining most of the night.

some one put some tunes on.

I wish I could still ski, have a drop foot from my auto accident 20 years ago have to be carfull of it and cant do the kicking motion any more.

scrambles and home fries any one?

susi t learn

Post Number: 11813
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks john, i guess i'm ready for some home fries, with the works.

one day at a time.

oh, can you give this to the new kid? i felt compelled to put this together for him. (susi hands john a medicine pouch)

today i take the puppy to f.a.i.r. and see if he's microchipped to find his owner. he did the weirdest and funniest thing this morning. when he squated to poop, he lifted his back legs off the ground, resting only on his front legs. he's an acrobat, i tell ya! i've never seen anything like that in my life! talk about balance! i'm taking a camera out the next time. shakes head.

lab, ever work in clay? i got the painting out of my system, now i want to get back to clay. i have to be careful to keep it high up. the kid got some play dough for fun and it ended up in the back yard. most colorful poop i've ever seen. now you know why i call her dumb dog.

mmm...smells good in here. my sister recommended a good book, by jane goodall. i think the title was 'harvesting for health'. she's seriously thinking of turning vegetarian now.

i don't have the nerve to try skiing. i'm a bit on the clumsy side. and i don't fall down well.

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 732
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 1:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi everybody! Some party, huh? Looks like someone worked awful hard cleaning the mess up.
Hey anybody see a pink...Uh oh
(cracks up as a very red-faced shane hands her a pink lacy thing, folded tightly, then opens it up and waves it around)
Its ok guys, I'm back to the sports bra.

Gee, I'd love an egg salad sandwich on a hard roll with a cup of vegetable soup on the side.
(moseys over to the juke and plays "heard it through the grapevine)

doo da doo doo

Guess what? My ex-husband got married AGAIN! All his kids got drunk at the wedding, I of course was not invited. Can't imagine why not.

Our one daughter didn't attend, I guess my grandson was driving her wild that day.My other daughter went, but did not get drunk-she is a photographer so she took pictures. Can't wait to see that fiasco!My son went, got drunk.

Hey, susi-I feel cleaner somehow when I don't eat meat. I have been backsliding a little this week though.Ate a slice of Prime rib on Valentines day and a chicken wing the other night.

I keep trying, though. Just seems menu options are more limited.

Don't know how vegans do it.

(finishes soup and eyeballs a cinnamon scone)

Maybe I'll stop by for that and some tea after I paint for a little while.

Good luck with the sculpting,suze.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11815
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 1:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks, see ya later. i should mosey on too, sick kid and wayward dog calls.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4934
Posted on Saturday, February 18, 2006 - 1:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tried sculpting (making doll heads) they didn't work out, perhaps because it wasn't a real person to work from. Have difficulty putting my imagination on paper or in porcelain, just isn't good. Dream about being Michelangelo sometimes.

John, where did you want the people taken? They're here and there, in the booths, on the swivel stools, just chilling. (Giggles remembering John trying to clear his eyebrows of popcorn and cake!!) You clean up nicely!!