Archive through February 17, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through February 17, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 721
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 11:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry to hear that John-ending a relationship is always sad.

Beautiful drawing lab I love it. you have a marvelous talent.

i don't have any of my work on the computer yet-it is framed and/or unfinished and I have to get one of the kids to help me scan it etc.

Had a funny night last night-slipped into bed around 2 am-could swear i woke up and the power was out in the bedroom only-i couldn't turn on the lights or anything-but the bathroom light worked. My husband said that was stupid-they are on the same circuit.
He didn't remember this morning.

I felt a sense of foreboding-like "oh no, not this again".

I'm back to eating sensibly, so i think i'd like a bowl of fresh fruit salad and a steaming pot of African orange mango rooibus tea.
(It's OK if you don't have the tea sal, I have a whole bunch of the teabags in my coat pocket.)
Delicious. Anybody else care for a cup?

Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

SAR01
Username: sar01

Post Number: 29
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy, I'll have a night cap of tea with you.. I hope I sleep tonight. can;t say as anything has happened lately, but I sure am waking up light I fought the bed covers all night. my main clue is if I wake up and no kitties on the bed, or even in the room.....

Susi, I can help ya just a little while, I am really dragging tonight.

oh, Happy Valentines day to everyone. :-)

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 4870
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 10:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah John, and on Valentine's day too?? (Pours a bit of the "nip" in his coffee cup, just to warm the heart a bit.)

You come back here when you feel strong and we'll listen.

Had a weird dream last night (finally) was "sewing" soft big toenails back on feet of abused people....don't know why, but that was very strange.

Re: the "Robe" drawing, thanks all. Been feeling compelled to do that one, as it was one of the first movies I ever remember seeing as a child, the other was "Caine Mutiny" with Humphrey Bogart.

The Robe scene with Demetrius, always impressed me, because one never saw Jesus, except in the face of Victor Mature, he didn't over-play it, just stood there and reacted. It was truly a beautiful scene that stayed with me the 52 years (I'm 59, so was 7-8 when I saw it, was made in 1954.) John dreaming about a "Robe" may also have some significance with this website. Have been reading other threads that are dealing with people's interpretations of various "evil" events or accusations. It just affected me somehow on a subliminal level, maybe it's affecting others too??

(Grabs an over-easy egg and some toast with strawberry jam, wolfs down and slides away.) Have a lovely loving "V" day, all.

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 920
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 1:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes happy valentines, I am good actually. john gets dizzy spell from the nip in his coffee. has to sit down and is amazed at the wonderful job susi and sar did in his absence.

Lab sent you an E. thanks for the information its is so fascinating I see why you like to do it. Lots of Danes kept pooping up I see.

the robe was a good movie, I donít know what that dream meant for me. but lab I have had dreams of helping people. this morning was a little girl and her parents and she was telling me what wonderful people the Hans's were they made the sheets colorful. the mother was happy I guess the daughter had been ill for some time. all this from a dream. but they had big quilts in their entry and you had to push them to the side to enter their house. the weird thing was they were expecting me.

not much to do here john plays the jukebox for his friends. and loads it with quarters so they can choose songs too.

John pushes the digits for hit the road jack

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9107
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 1:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

{{{HUGS}}} for John--it ain't easy breaking up the day before Valentine's Day. But this has been coming on for a while now, so anytime is a good time, methinks. Love your choice of songs!

[feeds a quarter into the machine and pushes the numbers for "I Will Survive" by Gloria Gaynor, while ordering 2 eggs scrambled into home fries, peppers and onions, with 2 links of chicken-apple sausage on the side]

John

Post Number: 921
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

today I am peacfull, went to see pink panther last night it was stupid. could not stay through the first hour. came home and he was gone still came back late tried to avoid me but I was kind this morning. it was his decision to end it. and I am OK with that.

gets pats order and pours her som coffee and winks at her

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 11763
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 2:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi looks for a cajun selection...finds a queen ida number and jigs around the diner in her cowboy boots. (sal frowns as she swings him around the grill.) (just trying to lighten the load.) :-)

John

Post Number: 922
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 2:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

QUEEN IDA! I love her. she use to play there several times a year. I have never seen some one so able to get an audence up to dance and be happy like her. I saw her at the Kern county fairgrounds and she winked at me.

there is that one cuban singer too that reminds me alot of Ida.

thanks susi!

Sal will get over it. laughfter erupts as susi crashes her partner in to a table of people and looks for some one else to dance.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11764
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 2:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i went to visit my mom once when she was about 80 yrs old. i heard the coolest music coming from her home. when i walked in, my mom was dancing around the kitchen. she's the one who turned me onto the queen.

(i think i bruised my hip) lol

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie303

Post Number: 311
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 6:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie now walks in ( the confusion has lifted )
I love Sourdoughs Jukebox and my coin is converted and most of all ..I want to be warm,
and amungts people who can spell.
(LAB you are(helariously ?) funny (I'm snorting) ya I know.. not very lady like ..but I can't help it.. I love your art as I also use to sketch.

John I'll be in most mornings Approx 3.30 AM
you are the Greatest..
I can relate, no Flowers for me either ..
Nervous Indigestion Rocks..
Know where your going in life
..as you may already be there !

kathy decker

Post Number: 722
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 11:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, i am back. Glad to see you are here John. Wish Nomie would come back soon.
I woke up to chocolate this morning.
Went to brush my teeth-a chocolate kiss on the faucet. another in my medicine cabinet as I reached for my lipstick.
Someone has been watching me and knows my routine well.

a kiss in my coffeecup.A dozen in the shape of a heart next to my morning paper.A kiss on top of my little robotic vacuum cleaner.
You get the drift.

I think I know the culprit. As a matter of fact, I stocked up on peanut M&Ms and a mushy card for when he shows his sneaky old face...

Tonight we had dinner in a little Italian place, strolling musicians, candlelight, the works.

Needless to say, that kind of attention does not go unrewarded.He's sleeping soundly now, so I thought I'd drop in for a while.
(pors herself a huge glass of ice water) this will do for tonight, thanks. I'm full of chocolate and kisses.

I feel spoiled, but it's nice to be indulged after such a long dry spell. After we went through the flood last spring, it was hell around here. I feared the stress would finally break our marriage.
We barely spoke except to fight about things. Now we are finished with the house and can take some time to find ourselves again.
(pushes the buttons for Bon Jovi 'livin on a prayer"

OOOwah OOwah oowah oowah OOwah OOwah ooo
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

John

Post Number: 923
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 12:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow Kathy that is a keeper you got there. its nice to know their are some good guys left and renovations oh man you have a good thing.

refills ice water and as bonjovi ends john presses the digits for Canadian railroad trilogy by Gordon lightfoot. in honor of his friend buddie. and will accept her currency any time.

wipes tables down and wonders if many people made out as good as Kathy for valentines. and hopes every one did.

the moon sure stil looks full tonight.

Ya Nomadrat is missed. we will have to save her a seat here as she is a most welcome guest.

john pours coffee. all around and buss' some tables.

SAR01

Post Number: 32
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sar comes in, looks at John, says nothing, just (((hugs)) him.(Brotherly type hug)

her hubby is sleeping soundly, and she slips silently into her booth, and winks at Kathy....

"""""wonders if many people made out as good as Kathy
for valentines. and hopes every one did."""""

Sar, sitting back, with a satisfied smile ....knows at least TWO did.

John

Post Number: 924
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john buries his head in his work and thinks about snow and ice, ya thats it snow and ice. nice clean snow working way working away

whatcha having sar?

kathy decker

Post Number: 725
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 1:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mmmmhmmm-hi sar, way to go
Gordon lightfoot-one of my faves.
John, I sure know he's a keeper, I just hope I'm good enough for him.
Hey we had a nearly full moon tonight,way up there in clear skies. The local news just showed a picture of her rising-tinted a beautiful shade of red! Guess even that lady sends her best wishes for our Valentine's day. The guy said it was a strange combination of dust pigmentation in the sky and cloud reflection-I say it was a message from the lady herself-Love is the key.

(Gives John a big hug)
I know there is a lot of love in your future, John. Just be open to it.

(Starts singing "if you could read my mind love" with GL-WAYYYY off key)

SAR01

Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 1:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Actually I'm good, not staying long, really hoping I can sleep tonight. I have to have the radio on low so I don;t hear the tones they use to get us...so I let him get a good deep sleep going before I put the radio on, then I listen to C2C I just wanted to come to the place everyone knows and understands "where" we have been.

Somehow, it makes it a bit easier sometimes.
Sar, getting up, stretching say's "See ya all later, gators..." Puts a few bucks in the tip jar.

John

Post Number: 925
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 1:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john plunks more quarters in the juke box and resumes Kathyís bon jovi. and he assumes she likes deaf leopard too. and punches those in as well pretty electric guitars fill the cafe' "hysteria when your near."

well the kisses all over the house would be a good indication of you being worthy don't ya think.

sar know what you mean about coast and the noises. cant listen some times. thanks for the tips!

susi t learn

Post Number: 11767
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 8:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi drags her tired butt into the cafe and slides into a booth. need....caffeine....now....!

she hears the tail end of a sentence-hearing nomie's name perks her up.

'where IS she! she's been gone long enough! i NEED her here! yesterday had to suck for her.'

leans back to contemplate the situation.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 312
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 8:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie whispers to John..I'm ultra hyper do ya have any herbal ? John. play Broken Down Angel
by SuperTramp 1..Last..Time for me..then I'm flipping this page !!
Buddie scans room for ways to burn up excess energy.( other than house work )
Sits fidgeting and foot swinging on bar stool trying to distract John from his hurt.

StarMaiden
Username: carla

Post Number: 72
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 8:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey buddie, susi and john good to see you all this morning. Sniffing the air....is that pecan sticky buns I smell??? Herbal tea for me this morning, I have to sleep today. Gives John a hug, and a kiss....candy kiss that is! lol....good I that made you smile. When you are down john, just remember all of the friends you have here. This is such a special diner.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4886
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Grabs Sue's elbow toward the home-cup that's twice the size of house-cups.) Filler-up and keep at it.
John, my son had similar problems, now he's by himself, working hard. He's saved enough for a down-payment on a house, where he can make his painting studio dream come true. Time heals, just don't get down.

Hope Nomie's strong too.

(Picks up the apple-cinnamon tiger paw, and nibbles slowly, sipping brew.) You guys make the best pastries!!

susi t learn

Post Number: 11768
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hi ya'll. think i'll have the home fries with onions and peppers. and sourdough toast. mmmm....

one eye is now open. lab, that's neat your son will have his own studio. my 'studio' is a tv table and easel next to the computer. lol whatever works.

hey, my friend who teaches the disabled kids made this morning's newspaper. hopefully the publicity will bring in donations. i'm so proud of her. :-)

another friend made the paper yesterday...john vomholt...he's switching genres from sci-fi to teen romance. but with a twist. will still have some woo-woo in it. he writes for 'buffy the vampire slayer' and star trek. he's kind of a goof ball but really sweet.

if i make the news it'll probably involve picketing somewhere and a large bail amount.

oooh, thanks for the coffee. smells the aroma and lovingly sips away.

John

Post Number: 926
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 11:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

morning gang really I am OK, I am moving stuff from storage today. I think Ill be ok and your support is noted and appreciated.

Coffee any one? john puts orders up and thinks that he might just have eggs and home fries himself.

You got it buddie john hits the digits for buddies request

well I have a long day so talk to you all later I have to find a place to put my junk!

kathy decker

Post Number: 727
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 7:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(strolls in and saunters over to the jukebox-pushes the buttons for 'Bad, bad LeRoy Brown" by Jim Croce)

How about a bowl of that homemade vegetable soup with a side of fresh baked bread and real butter?
And a glass of organic milk, too, although I really shouldn't...

(shimmies massive boobs to "badder than ole king kong" and knocks over ketchup and salt and pepper and hot sauce)

Whoopsie! well I had a great day painting. Did I ever tell you about my first art teacher? I quit school in ninth grade so I went for art classes at the community college, and I met richard. He was great, lived out in the country in upstate NY.
His wife is a sculptor so he converted the whole barn into a studio for her-glass walls on one side and a heated floor.
He worked at Disney when he started out-then became an art director, did some stuff for The New Yorker, was teaching advertising art and design when I met him. I learned how to use a copy camera, set type, do paste-ups-never used any of it except to design my business card-it was cool, a bisected circle that incorporated my initials and represented a phoenix rising from the ashes.

He was real nice.I knew I was in the wrong class, he even told me to go after fine arts, that would be perfect for me, but I was so hungry for knowledge of the medium I kept going,anyway.I became sort of a teacher's pet after I drove the twenty some miles in an ice storm and he and I were the only ones who showed up for class.
This was around 1980, I guess, before I moved to MA. Anyhow, we spent that night chatting about the art world and he advised me to learn about computers because that was where so much art would be created, bought and sold in the future.

Guess that time is here now.
I sometimes wonder how he is doing and if he made a go of it in the country, or if he and his wife moved back to the city.Most of the other graduates of the class got jobs with ad agencies in the city, I had no interest in that.

MMMM soups great. I love bread and milk, too, but this is the only place I feel I can eat whatever I like without guilt.
Think I'll stick around for a while, bowling night for hubs, so I'm alone, and full of beans.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 317
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 9:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey??? UFO MONTHLY ..is a problem..it just BLASTED me out of UC ????
I was posting to Sal's and at the finish WHAM!!
Could that be SOMEONE wants to discourage posts??
Hey Sal..Good to see John has other duties.I have a surprise for him..Don't tell..OK Sal..
Sal busy's herself and looks away as if she's not listening.

.Last Friday/Saturday I had a missing time experience.I'm going to the Bottom Line here.Most of you seem so layed back with all this..I am skitsy by nature..Hyper. I was thinking it was 10 pm and it was 1.45 am Saturday.I was still sitting at the computer because I had to message him.Well when I came to ..head fogged up but OK lets check the TV time..YUP!! 1.45 Saturday..
I FREAKED..
I E-mailed John..like I was supposed to.
But I was Totally f***ed up..He spoke with me until I calmed down and I got tired ..which I'll forever be grateful for because I've never had this kind understanding like I have in The Cafe'

Sal yes another Water Large..plenty Ice .
This is a surprise for John..From Canada..
I'm glad I read his Soughdough Cafe . Now he's moving ..I need his new address ..I want him to have this so much..
John remindes me of My younger 1st cousin Gary he went through a lot coming from a small town.
I was the one he talked to first.

Lucinda Williams music plays in the back ground..
Buddie has her boots on waiting for queen ida.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 318
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 9:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy thats all ??? I'll talk if you talk

susi t learn

Post Number: 11775
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 9:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oooh...lucinda! love her!

hey kathy...you and i are 2 women who DON'T need the wonder bra! lol

hmmm...i feel like a well done burger with the works. and crisp fries.

hey sal! do you serve beer? i could go for a cold one.

not too crowded tonight. where is everyone?

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4895
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Slides into a booth, for the poor old back muscles.)
A cool brew and cheeze fries please, need those carbs. Guess everyone is watching Olympics??
Lost will be on in a few, but here anyway.
(Burp) Pardon!!!

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 319
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah.Cool brew..Susi and Lab are tempar.distracted.
Buddie slides in and PICKS from LAbs plate(s)
Are we dancing yet??

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 320
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 10:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

All right not funny.Can any of us get Johns New Address?? I'm glad I did not send his package?

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 321
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 10:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi I am such a Sissy Tomboy ..Hips ..Boobs,,??
not much ..

kathy decker

Post Number: 728
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lucky you. I never liked being zaftig-admire slender figures.

If everyone is having beer, I'll have a cold one too.

I had a dream this morning that really pissed me off.
Seems I just got the house fixed up and the government moved in and said they were taking my property (this is the dream part).
I said "no, we don't get much water, this year was a fluke". They said, "too bad, we are taking it. We are going to turn the whole area into a nice lake so the more privileged in our society can use it for recreation, swimming, boating, etc."
They said, "don't be mad-we will pay you what we think it is worth.
Of course, it won't be enough to buy anything else. so you will have to move into the nice new projects we are going to build for people like you."
I was really teed off when I woke up.
Because, they could do something like that, and no one would stop them.

We are pretty lucky here. The town officials actually said they won't use the emminent domain thing to take our property, they will only buy out the homes of those who want to leave.

So far, only a few have taken them up on the offer.

I'm ready for a snack. Maybe some fries, with salt and ketchup.

Got any Hendrix on that box?

kathy decker

Post Number: 729
Posted on Wednesday, February 15, 2006 - 11:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Never mind-AC/DC's Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap suits my mood for the moment.

(takes a long pull from the cold beer in front of her and settles into a depressed and paranoid contemplation of this morning's dream)

John

Post Number: 927
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 1:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey gang! why the long faces.

buddie I am not moving. I am still at that address. he's moving! my stuff was in storage. I got my equipment today and my minerals Might just get to make potery after all. all I have is blue and green glazes. I want something red and orange and something sparkly like gold.

buddie besides that we all need people to talk to we have all been alone. I tried to my wits ends to tell my mother about the little doctors, and guess what 35 years later she is starting to listen. and I am finding out that my sibs are coming forward too. after all this time.

john put his arm around Kathy and gives her the understanding look and also wonders why we have not seen her work here. then john realizes that he has not shown his either. getting on it

johns turn at the juke, he puts on arowsmith back in the sadle again

John

John

Post Number: 929
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 3:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was researching that robe dream I had a few days ago. All it was was a vision of myself removeing the hood of the robe from my face and stareing at myself. I had a very serious look on my face and that was it this is what I found on the dread moods site.

Cloak
To dream that you are wearing a cloak, signifies the need for security, warmth and the feeling of being well protected. It may also mean that you are trying to cover-up or hide something. If see a torn or ragged cloak in your dream, signifies a separation between you and a friend or lover.

Hood
To see a hood in your dream, signifies that you are hiding and cowering from a person or situation. Consider also the saying, "having the hood pulled over your eyes".

Robe
To see or wear a robe in your dream, signifies personal issues that you need to confront. The dream may also refer to your secret desire to let loose.

Black
Black symbolizes the unknown, unconscious, danger, mystery, darkness, death, mourning, hate or malice.
If the feeling in the dream is one of joy, blackness could imply hidden spirituality and divine qualities.

http://www.dreammoods.com/

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 322
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 5:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh this is a good day..I can send my " surprise "
to John after all..Sal would have spilled it
anyway..she never can keep secrets..remember that time..oh never mind ..her she comes..
Thanks Sal just toast and tea right now.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4901
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 9:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Hums the theme from "Ben Hur") Spirituality? (Pours coffee into mug, and waits for the flap jacks and bacon.) That's why we are all here, John. To raise our "spirits."

(Puts extra syrup on top of the butter pat.) Ohmmmmmmmm. Ah, that's better. (Hic!!!) Opps, ate too fast.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 323
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LAB
I really should avoid Sal's when I'm at work.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4906
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wiping down the monitor are we?? (Gotta stop drinkin' that joe when you're reading!!)

susi t learn

Post Number: 11780
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 12:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey! (hops up on stool) I'd like a root beer float. haven't had one for years. i'm celebrating losing 11 pounds! 10 more to go and i'll be happy.

my kid's losing weight also...but his is due to losing his appetite due to one of his meds.

what's up everybody?

John

Post Number: 930
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 2:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

scooping the ice cream for susi's float and watches as th root beer foams up. helps susi to get down off the stool and serves her her float. yae on the 11 lbs susi!

LAB, ben hur huh? that was a good movie actually. my grand mother loved that movie too. she had a thing for charleton heston I think.

well I will be checking my mail Buddie but you did not have to send me anything that is sweet of ya. like lab said we are here to raise our spirits, I include others aswell.

john gets clearing tables and is think he has so much to do to day.

buddie
Advanced Member

Post Number: 325
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 5:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi great stuff.congrats!
LAB yes that.. only it's water..and the fact I'v got this image in my head that gets me laughing at inappropriate times..lol
John my friend it's just some Canadian Touristie stuff and I want tooooooo...
Open arms to change,
but don't let go of your values.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1864
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 5:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ben Hur?

...guy with the hammer saying, "Triple speed, you lazy slave dogs - the General wants to go water skiing!"

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4909
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The Robe, 10 Commandments, Ben Hur, Lawrence of Arabia, King of Kings, El Cid, Cleopatra, and tons of other "mega" movies from the 50's and 60's. Many were very religious.
I'll have a cherry coke and nachos. "It's supper-time." (sings Snoopy!!!)

susi t learn

Post Number: 11785
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 8:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey! i just dropped in to grab a coffee to go...on my way to class. no time to eat.

after class, maybe someone will be up for a game of chess?

susi t learn

Post Number: 11789
Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i'm back. hey, where is everybody? sal, how 'bout a cup of joe? maybe someone will wander in.

susi drops a quarter and plays 'unchained melody'.

John

Post Number: 931
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh you know how to pull the heart strings there susi! john wishes he knew how to play chess but never got around to it. pours a cup for susi and and hope that she is well.

loving the unchained melody

john damp mops the floor while the restaurant is slow and makes quick work of it.

sal is pre occupied these days john could just about get away with anything.

Shane starts work tomorrow john wonders if the gals are going to give him a hard time and hopes they do as that might bring him out of his shell.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11790
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi picks up her feet and john runs the mop under them.

and what time does shane start?? hmmm? (she asks sweetly) if i can't bring him out of his shell, he ain't living. lol

john, i fell in love once, dancing to 'unchained melody'. susi gets reflective and stares across the room...

John

Post Number: 932
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

its a great song and the history of it is so sad and touching. i get choked up knowing they never got together. but I bet they did in spirit. I bet in spirit they had the best of love.

well shane will start some time tomarrow sal is going to pick him up at cappy's place and get his stuff I am certain that he will have to clean up first as that trappers cabin has no bathtub.

but with that being said, he is going to do just fine here.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11791
Posted on Friday, February 17, 2006 - 12:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

well, i'm fading fast. i'll leave you night owls for now. catch ya in the morning.

i'll look for the cherokee recipie for sourdough bisquits and compare notes with sal.

nite!