Archive through February 13, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Sourdough Salís Insomniacs paranoia cafť » Archive through February 13, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John
Username: johnalbert

Post Number: 897
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 3:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Come on in and share you worries over a cup of Joe. Might as well you can't sleep neither can I.

Is it the monsters in the dark? the shadow people? aliens? it don't matter. They keep me awake too. Lets swap stories and give comfort to one another where we can

Wont you come on in and have a cup and a story,,,,

Sal's is open 24 hours a day. cant you smell the pan cakes and eggs

StarMaiden
Username: carla

Post Number: 65
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 3:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I could use a cup of that coffee! I am too awake to sleep and to sleepy to get much done!
I am not sure it is the aliens this time or the things that go bump in the shadows.

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 4830
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 9:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wish I could sleep through the "1:23 a.m." wake-up call!! Thanks, two flapjacks, some maple syrup and powdered sugar, and eggs-over-easy please, with bacon??

John

Post Number: 898
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 2:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sorry about the slow service grabs 2 cups pours steaming hot coffee and placed LABS order in the window.

Hi star maiden, I don't think I ever talked to you before.

Hi lab orders up. wake up call, whats that about?

john wipes the counter and places silver and napkin down in front of lab , he pours ice water for both people and waits for the stories and the order to be up.

sal is cooking this morning, she is a little slow these days and has lots on her mind.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4836
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 3:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Grabs the food and begins to "wolf-down") You're a great cook John, maybe if I eat enough, will be able to "sleep" (due to illness have been up nights for about two weeks. Feel dull and washed out, even if the Tylenol sinus was helping, still the "wake-up at 1:23 a.m.) Every night, for two weeks straight, same time same station....(Pushes plate for more!!)

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 9088
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 4:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now THIS is a good idea! Wish I'd known about it last night when I was tossing and turning, wide awake for hours You can be sure that if it happens again tonight, I'll pop in for an early breakfast

John

Post Number: 900
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 5:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john takes plate from lab, places second order and picks up the tab for his good friend.

cant seem to go to sleep at all myself around 4am I get tired and the dogs bug me like I should pay attention to them. but today its sunny and maybe yard work after my shift here will inspire sleep. still have the vibrating feeling off and on.

john wipes counter and pours refills. brings pat a ice water and a cup of decaf. sets service for her.

lab's order is up serves her second helping.

some one put supper tramp on the juke box "dreamer"

looks as though the fishing crews are coming in for breakfast, the runs this year have been disappointing and they say its the global warming and the Japanese fishing boats following the schools of salmon. as the captain of on crew sits down he has a long look on his face as he ponders having to ax one of his crew. they are all good workers. but with them all wanting a percentage he will not be able to make his boat payment this season and its almost over. he might have to take a job on the slope but he wont get to see his family and he has hoped that he would be able to bring on his oldest son to the boat next year. but his son has no interest and has gotten accepted to Stanford university as a freshen this coming fall. Cappy knows he wont even be able to help with the costs of education.

the crew orders john pours coffee and water and places the order.

Shane is the newest crew member and actually a hard worker but is still green and a liability. Cappy focuses in on Shane and asks what other job prospects he might have.

Shane knew this was coming and has had his name in at the fertilizer plants for some time. its hard when no one really knows you to get a job at these places it old boy network and they smell weakness you gone or donít even get a chance. he thought of going back to Oklahoma, but then there was that mess about his dad running him off and he could not stand to see his mother hurt so.

so he left.

"hey Cappy Ill be OK lets just eat breakfast"

order is up and john serves the food 2 egg and beacon plates and 3 Denverís. john places the food down and retrieves tobasco and catsup for the guys and turns his attention back to the counter and his regulars.

takes a moment writes a note and slips it to Shane. we need a dish washer, you can work for us until you get something better.
Sal's 000-0000

Shaneís eyes brighten when he sees this but does not let Cappy know as he still owes him money and has to play the poverty card

Shane gobbles his breakfast and has hope

John

Post Number: 901
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 5:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

juke box is now playing fleetwoodmac cant place the song one I have not heard in some time.

people come in and people leave. tips were great today.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4838
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 5:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hums "Everywhere." Settles into the 2nd helping, praying it won't go straight to hips, but maybe skiing last Thursday helped, Wolf Mountain (old Nordic Valley) was sunny and beautiful shiny snow, fresh air for 3 hours.

If only the pains in the bod would leave and allow sleep. That "flu/adult pertussis" or whatever is going around is killer on the nerves!! Better than it was, but still have to have the meds. Family is enjoying the laryngitis.

SAR01
Username: sar01

Post Number: 24
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 6:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SAR comes in and brings some sloppy jo's and corn chips for the night crowd.

walks on over and plays Bat outta Hell by Meatloaf, grabs a cuppa jo, and sits in the back booth with my back against the wall and facing the door.

Just re-grouping and thinking about how far I've come in the last few yrs, and willing to share some of the experiences a bit more openly.

John

Post Number: 902
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 7:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey sar! welcome.

mmmmmm sloppy Joeís are great!

love to hear your experiences. weird, non weird, any. lover of the story.

hope you stick around

lab we have no snow here but I just weeded the flower beds have tons more to do. spring is early this year.

I had that flu croop last winter. it was horrible. eating fresh fruit really helped. and I could not find a comfortable position at all.

lively chatter erupts as the kids from the roller rink enter, its always the same three things French fries soda and hot tea. well they are young. have little money and they are learning social skills. Thank god john had the juke box vender guy remove all the new music. all oldies

the roller rink always sponsors dances on the week ends. kids from all over the area come to dance and socialize.

SAR01

Post Number: 25
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2006 - 8:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks John. I'll be around I come and go. we are under the Snow watch for the Nor'Easter to wrap around.

I love to dance. hope to find a few dance partners stopping by!.

I used to roller skate , oh so many years ago!

StarMaiden

Post Number: 66
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 1:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey John,
Thanks for the great coffee. I have been on the board for many many years I just don't post alot. I do like to read everyones blogs. This cafe is GREAT. I have always had trouble sleeping at night, thats why I currently work the 11p to 7a shift.
I love the decorations in the dinner, good job John. Tonight I want eggs and taters on the side. mmmmmmmm

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 1:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Customer:
"Hey waiter-this coffee tastes like mud!"

Waiter:
"It should. It was ground this morning..."

get it?

John

Post Number: 906
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 1:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

do you want coffee with that or herbal tea? john sets service for star maiden. and puts the order up.

Sal looks as if she has been crying as her head pops in the window to read the order.

now Sal is one of those truly kind hearted people that lived to long with an abusing husband and only got her freedom when her sister from Michigan led an intervention. the girls were the best of friends growing up. sally was 1 and a half years older then her sister and protected Megan from the bullies and she was the small thin sickly type.

the girls shared a room and would chatter in though the we hours of the morning sharing their secrets and wishes.

they also shared something else and sally tried to tell every one but she got labeled the imaginative one and that set up a cycle of abuse that lasted a life time. Megan believed her sister always because of the shared dreams they must have been real. well the 2 had fertility problems that plagued their marriages. this for sally was her only wish in life to be a mother but after her divorce it did not much matter as she took the money and sunk it in the cafe. she decided that she would love the people that came through her doors instead.

star maidens order is up john places it in front of her. is there anything else that you care for?

Any story you care to tell?

John

Post Number: 907
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 1:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john notices that there is egg stuck to the inside of the cup he pours marks coffee in to

places coffee in front of mark

will there be anything else and you had have better exchanged that Canadian currency by now too.

15% my eye

john busies himself with clearing table left a mess by the teens earlier in the day

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1850
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 2:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

...I am the egg man
koo koo ka-joob

StarMaiden

Post Number: 67
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 2:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Looks at John 'sigh' (gulp I guess he is trust worthy) Just more coffe John, it looks like this is going to be along night.
Here goes: The last thing I remember is leaving the house 4 hours ago to get a pepsi from the 7-11. When I 'awoke' there was a warm pepsi next to me and two bumps on my head. One on the upper right forehead the other on the left temple. Pulling hair away to show John. Running fingers over the bumps causes a very small scab to fall off. OK OK what the 'bleep' This isn't the first time this have happened. 'sigh' THinking I am so glad I found this cafe open tonight. Somehow telling a real person validates the missing time.

John

Post Number: 908
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 2:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

customers ask john if that man is soft in the head, john rolls his eyes and notices tiny walking in the door. "hey tiny long time no see" ya john you too Ill have the usual. tiny sets himself next to mark which is no easy feat for the 6 foot 5 frame of the burly man.

hey tiny I have that existential psychology book you lent me, I loved it, we hear Sal yell from the kitchen.

Truth be known Tiny was smitten with Sal, and sally truly returned those affections but she just could not make another mistake, so they became the best of friends and talked books which her x would never allow her to even read a book. Tiny thought if he shaved his beard and she lit in to him telling him not to change a thing but she was afraid.

John pours tiny's coffee and sets up service for him. tiny looks sideways at mark then glances at john, john shrugs his shoulders and starts rolling silver ware, thinking he better get to those salt shakers while he can.

John

Post Number: 909
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 2:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john personally makes sure that star maiden has a spotless sanitary cup for her next cup. puts fresh cream picture in front of her then shows star maiden the 2 holes behind his ear john gives her a knowing look. at least they could have put your Pepsi in the fridge what gives with these dudes who ever they are.

the missing time thing that is the worst. and they are bold with me they will take me in public. but recently its back to night visitation, and its both camps too if you catch my drift. I hope you are OK. I have become so apathetic about it lately. I half want it and to be left with the memory and half want it all to go away.

How many time has this happened to you starmaiden?

John

Post Number: 910
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 2:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

your from michigan?

StarMaiden

Post Number: 68
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 3:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

OK! I just typed an entire post and it went *poof* arrgggg I will try again.
Yes I am from Western Michigan, about 50 miles from Lk Michigan.
Pours cream into a fresh cup of coffee., mmmm
Several weeks ago I got the same type of bump in the middle of my forehead, usually there is only one at a time. I don't understand why two now. owell its not worth worrying about. I could never even begin to guess how many time this has all happened. I have had these visits/missing time for as long as I can remember. If I were to guess at a time frame as to when it started I would say 6 or 7 years of age.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4846
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 8:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's early in the morning on a Sunday, (yawn) waiting for the cafe to open in the "cold" (brrrrr)
going to a play daughter is Assistant Stage Managing (gotta support those student plays.) So need my "joe" to hold me until we hit the Red Lobster for luncheon. Nope John, don't tempt me with those sticky buns!! (Did I say something wrong, I hear snickering!!)

Janet Rivenbark
Username: janetgr

Post Number: 592
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 9:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Where were you guys last Friday morning when there was a conspiracy to keep me from sleeping?

I went to bed about 11:30 and went right to sleep, but my husband came to bed about a half an hour later. He sat on the edge of the bed and took off his shoes and the bouncing woke me up. I couldn't get back to sleep so I came into my office and played a computer game, then I listened to C2C for a while.

I went back to bed about 2am and went to sleep and then my husband got the hiccups and they woke me up; they didn't wake him up. I got up again and wandered around the house for a while then I read a little. I finally flaked out on the couch. The cat woke me up. I must have been moving my hand under the blanket because he was trying to catch it. He decided he had to sleep on my hip. That cat weighs 18 pounds and when he lays on you, you know you have a cat on you!

I finally dozed off again, just as it was starting to get grey outside, then the power went off about 6am and the UPS units in three separate rooms started to beep. I got up, cussed a little, turned off all the computers and unplugged all the UPS units and went to bed. I did finally get about 4 hours of sleep. Luckily I didn't have to go anywhere or do anything on Friday.
Janet

Work like you donít need the money;
Love like youíve never been hurt;
Dance like no one is watching.

SAR01

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 1:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sar, comes in to her familar booth in the back, and listens to Star maidens tale of missing time. and John's tale of being taken in crowds. Hmmmm wonder what they'd think if I were to pipe in and tell them I've been taken in the middle of a football game and replaced under fenced off bleechers and had to have help getting out. if they had parents running around like fools looking for them because they know I;d never be gone that long with out telling them.

I wonder if they were ever taken from a baseball field where they were the last one off to the house for kool-aid, and was later found in the haymow, and everyone thought it was "cute" I fell asleep in the hay.

I bet they had some nasty bloody noses like I did, I just wonder......

guess I'll wait a bit to tell them some of my tales.

JOHN! more coffee please?
thanks

hey why don;t you rest for just a bit, I'll refill the cups and brew a fresh pot,..no.. really I don;t mind, I enjoy making others feel at home!

there you go, you just sit and have you OWN coffee break!.

John

Post Number: 911
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 2:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hey sar my old dodge pooped out on me, took me some time to get here, that look on Sal's face she ainít happy..... taking orders. Pan cakes any one?

starmaiden they took me since I was 4. I wanted to float like I saw my brother do in the middle of the night some times, I was so jealous. little did I know that they had been taking me. then around that time they would show up in the middle of the afternoon and examine me and my brother. these were beings with 4 fingers only and wrinkled faces they were 4 feet tall. then Christmas eve they came and took my youngest brother and told me they were going to fix him. we had seen a huge craft black the sky out. we had been looking for Santa. my sister liked to play along and was telling us the lights in the sky was Santaís slay. but it was not.

john pours a refill for starmaiden.

John sets a big slice of apple cake in front of Lab with cream cheese frosting.

Hi Janet Rivenbark, like your last name. I have such bad sleeping habits that I just donít know what a goodnights sleep is any more. then the conspiracy stuff on coast some times donít help. I force myself to go out in the dark and say nothings there. and that works. anyway welcome to Sal's would you like some pecan Pie?

sar that is way weird about the football game abduction. and sometimes when they take you the people around you donít even remember you being gone which makes it doubly heard to prove it to them. and you can put the apron on any time you like.

I was having trouble posting last night too. I donít know what it was about. just frustrating. but things are back to normal today.

john wipes counters freshens coffee and turns the juke box on.

Gordon lightfoot time in a bottle

tiny finally gets up to go sal waves to him from the window to come get his book he goes in the kitchen and they chat momentarily and he leaves with a smile on his face.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 11743
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi comes crawling through the front door, begging for coffee.

last night the kid, our renter and i went to kareoke then after we came home, the kid went to bed and brian and i sat out back talking metaphysics until about 2:30am. now i know that's no biggie for some of you guys; but that's waaaaay past my bedtime.

i can't wake up!

perhaps a double shot expresso.

John

Post Number: 912
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john, measures and tamps coffee locks it in the expresso machine steam and whooshing sound accompanied by the aroma of Jamaican black mountain fills the air.

john sets expresso down in front of susi with a nice piece of cheese Danish.

so what aspect were you talking about to 230am?

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 719
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 9:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just noticed your lights on, and I think I may be at the beginning of another long night.
I would love a cup of coffee, strong and black. Have you got any more of that pecan pie?
I don't know if you guys want me around, i don't seem to fit in much anywhere any more. I changed my job, changed my hair, changed the way I think about things in my life.
Do you ever feel that life is short, and you really might not be able to accomplish something you are here to do?
Of course, i have no idea what it is, and I am sure if i could just figure it out, maybe i could find a way to do it. But i am getting old, and i fear time is running out.Sometimes i just try not to think very much at all.
There is this writer fella named Whitley Streiber, maybe you have heard of him? Any way, darndest thing,he somehow is able to force me to think about things I would rather leave alone. Yet i keep reading and listening to his stuff, sort of like waggling a sore tooth, i guess.
He's got me thinking again, and i bet i won't be doing much sleeping tonight.
I like to paint. I haven't done it in a while, went through a dry spell and satisfied myself with doing a bit of drawing. Last summer i found myself spending a lot of time in my hometown, my Dad was very sick and so i went home for a while. I spent a lot of time just gazing at the Hudson River, down by Storm King Mountain, and the idea that I would like to paint it popped into my head.
So I took some photos, but honestly, that river is my sister, so I can paint it from my soul. Anyhow i got my best friend to spring for some new brushes, and the old river and mountains are looking mighty fine on my canvas.
Geesh, i sure do talk a lot. Most folks think i am shy,except when i am at work,than i have a whole charming friendly persona i throw on. Fortunately, i am temporarily unemployed.
You guys sure are nice. i feel i can really be myself with you all. Do you mind if i stick around for a while? I would love to hear your stories.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4850
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 9:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Four bean please, (slowly, it's nearly bedtime) still woke up at 2 a.m., what keeps waking me up!! So annoying!!! (watched Barry Manilow on Sunday Morning and wondered why he's still singing?? He's lost his voice.) Like Michelle Kwan, some should know when to pack it in.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11746
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john

you name it, we talked about it. he's into thinking he's a warrior-getting ready for the ultimate confrontation. martial arts, healing, chakras, manipulating energy...of course he was pretty tipsy and i was exhausted so i don't remember much.

hey, how 'bout huevos rancheros and a decent side of salsa? i'm not into sweets.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9096
Posted on Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Slides onto the empty stool beside susi and snags that cheese Danish before ordering a decaf coffee with space for lots of milk to go on top, then settles in to listen to kathy, who actually doesn't talk nearly enough....

John

Post Number: 913
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy decker is always welcome here or anywhere. I dont fit anywhere any more either.

john serves up pecan pie and a nice scoop of Icecream.

John catching up on what people are talking about here.

John

Post Number: 914
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 1:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you got it susi, pores coffee all around and gets Pat a decaf with a special doily to distinguish her from the regular coffee drinkers

john feels pat need something more then cheese Danish and dishes up her a bowl of Sal's most tasty home made beef vegetable soup. sal donít believe in caned soup

lab I finally got take a nap today and actually slept. hope tonight I do as well I worked in the yard today and got a little too much sun. but my efforts are finally showing.

john gets labs order and sets service

John notices that Shane is here and calls Sal. she emerges from the kitchen with a clean apron and damp hands and has a warm smile as she greets Shane and motions him to a table in the corner. they sit and she asks him questions but he is evasive and john wonders how its going and looks over constantly.

regardless of the how he answers her she sees he need a job and truly likes him. but she cant place what it is that is not right about him. he is tall and strong and not hard to look at and has an earnest quality to him.... she asks if he has a place to stay and he drops his eyes and said that he was staying out at cappys place in an old trappers cabin on the property.

Sal said well then you really need my help then. I have an extra room in my double wide and would gladly rent a room to ya but you also have to help out with domestic stuff too. we will get along just fine and you will have space as I take classes in the evening.

Shane cant believe that this woman that he just met is helping him and he cant even tell her about his past would she like him if he told her about the events of his life. he says, are you sure you barely know me and Ill be as neat and clean as you want and Ill help out and thank you.

the tears were streaming down his face Sal was chokeing back a lump herself. well you might as well learn your duties here. they get up from the table and Sal introduces him to the gang and takes him into the kitchen to explain.

john smiles as he catches Shane eyes from the window. Shane looks like he has come home

john wipes down the table s and freshens the coffees all around. He hears Sal shout from the kitchen ďJohn I really like him I think he is going to work out just fin around hear.Ē

Astroboy
Username: astroboy

Post Number: 784
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 1:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The courtesy bell atop the door jamb jingles as the door opens and in steps Astro.

"Just dropping by for caffine nightcap." he says as he pulls up a chair and rests his elbows on the table. He greets everyone with a nod and his gregarious grin. "Howdy!"
"And the lion roams..."

John

Post Number: 915
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 2:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

john greets and welcomes astro boy pours a fresh cup and wonders if he will have something else? he sets survive. hey astro boy what ya know, got any stories?

Btw, Kathy we have a blank wall for our local artists will you display your work for us to enjoy? you too pat show your work here please!

susi we have open mike knight almost any time will you share one of you lovely poems with us?

StarMaiden

Post Number: 69
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 2:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Walks in the cafe, looking around and at the crowd.
Hey John, Morning everyone. Coffee pleaz. Starting to feel at home, it is hard to fit in when you always feel different that most of the planets population.
Looks at Shane in the back, and smiles that Sal has givin him a job.

kathy, I can relate to what you are saying about changing your life. I quite a high pressure management job last summer so I could spend more time with nature and my painting. I took 4 months off, it was not nearly enough but a good start.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4854
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 8:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Is there room on the "wall" for a sketch?
(Takes the maple twist from the plastic cake stand and sets on plate.) Hey Sal, hope John's paying you enough!! (Sal winks, and pours, the fresh bean smell wafts from the coffee maker.) Got cane sugar?
Thanks.

Taking kid to airport with his wifey and grandkids, they get to fly to Hawaii, (jealousy rears it's ugly head, haven't had a vacation in 5 years.) Remodeling sucks.

Still woke at 2 something, naps are out, they just make me take longer to sleep.

(Buzzes down the donut and waits for the sugar high to hit!!!) AHHhhhhh!!!

John

Post Number: 916
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

you bet lab, the blank wall is for all art. goes in back and retrieves the cane sugar.

I was falling in to that lucid state and was seeing a vision of myself in a long dark robe last night. I Kind of like it when I have hair in my dreams. but then I was starting to see something else and I started coughing. most frustrating. I lost the dream and lost chance to sleep. watched TV.

morning star maiden is there anything other then coffee I can get ya?

john clears the tables and wipes down the counters and Finds he got a 20$ tip. hot diggity!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4860
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(Tacks up the sketch.) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Leathab/DemetriusVictorMature.jpg

For those who remember Victor Mature in "The Robe."

Wish those helicopters would stop buzzing the house at night, noisy beasties (this just started couple of months ago, seems the city allows air traffic now!!) Used to be a nice quiet farmish village, now it's a metro.

(Puts a few bucks down for Sue and John!!) (Looks at empty pockets.)

John

Post Number: 917
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 12:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

we had helicopters all day yesterday they busted some meth houses (yea!) about 6 months ago and there was drug traffic on the street over from here. It is was bad too. these young kids in the neighborhood all got caught in it. but it still goes on and we have robberies here. I caught this kid going down the neighbors drive with a load of my fathers PVC irrigation pipes. he just looked at me like what was I going to do about it. so this I can account for the helicopters in my neighbor hood. but one day I was cleaning the pool, one circles me 27 times. I never knew cleaning the swimming pool was so interesting.

cool drawing LAB! weird about the robe thing. your drawings have a strange quality to them like you capture the inner life of the person. like you see what is not readily apparent. true art!

SAR01

Post Number: 28
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 2:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Awesome sketch, LAB. I wish I could do people.

Had a sleeping night but sure don't feel rested. need to run errands and am moving very slow today.

guess I need a coffee IV!

have the fireplace going and I am still cold.

every time I get warm, it is time to go to the barn or go to the shed and take care of critters.

hope you all have a great day

L. A. B.

Post Number: 4862
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 6:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(sent e-mails to John on his mum's genealogy) Need "fooooood!!" Hamburger with cheese and the works, with fried and a coke, easy ice. (Sits on stool, kicking feet against the boot stop.) Is that handsome young hunk gonna be here to dance a jig with?? (Looks like Brad, dances like Brad, tall as Brad!!)

susi t learn

Post Number: 11756
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 6:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

good work. lab! you're so talented.

(slides into a booth and stretches out.)

i need something spicy! salsa! chili! lousiana hot sauce!

(watching the muscles in john's arms as he wipes the tables...oh well, one can dream)

Astroboy
Username: astroboy

Post Number: 785
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 6:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Astro just laughs as he holds out his cup for another refill.

"I'm taking another greenhorn apprentice up to the mountains again tomorrow. We'll be taking the scenic route through Leadville which will mean we will be going over that rickety old bridge there in Red Cliff."

http://www.city-data.com/cpicv/vfiles3856.jpg

"We'll it with the horn blastin' and both stacks blowing black as coal!"

"Hey, is it to late to get breakfeast? That would sure taste good about now. We're taking up the pole trailer to Battle Mountain. Got a full load of Class 2's for the line repair up on the crossing..."
"And the lion roams..."

buddie
Advanced Member
Username: buddie303

Post Number: 307
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 8:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Is this where you've been..You have it so right..
All your customers are my kind of people!
But the threads look skimpy?? So we let John Thread Die ??
I found where I left of ..With Susi as I said.
( open to discussion cafe ..rite )
9.45 ..1.45 am..??? wilderness ??
May I request some Maritime music.
Know where your going in life
..as you may already be there !

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 9101
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

*Beautiful* drawing, L. A. B.! I had such a crush on him when I was a little girl--I went to see all the historical epic films back then....[sigh]

Astro, good to finally meet up with ya! You be careful on that bridge!!! Hate heights, myself...I think I'll sit here and have a "Twin Peaks" moment--cherry pie and joe

StarMaiden

Post Number: 71
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 9:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey everyone, Looks like the group is getting bigger everyday. Asks John for a to-go order to take to work. A good ol' burger and fries sounds great. umm and a cold pepsi.

John

Post Number: 919
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 11:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

puts up togo order and pours coffee all around. some of it even manages to get in the cups

wow this has turned out better then expected. I have to be short tonight I just ended my relationship of 8 years not that I shoud say anything about it to ya all, but I am surprisingly ok.

but its nice to come in to all these friendly faces and it gives me hope.

I am good actually.

some one can take over if they want tonight

Ill be back for my shift tomarrow gang.

you all really brighten my day

susi t learn

Post Number: 11760
Posted on Monday, February 13, 2006 - 11:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

(susi grabs an apron and starts pouring coffee)

take all the time you want. as gloria gaynor said, 'you will survive!' :-)