Archive through January 04, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Dreams » Archive through January 04, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Grace
Username: g_keetose

Post Number: 1147
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 1:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Agh, I get so angry over it all, which only hurts me more. I'd cut off my nose to spite my face, and have, but the angels protecting me pull me back from the brink.
I slept till noon today! Something I haven't done in thirty years. The PTSD would wake me at 5 am and I'd be as tense as though ready for the battle. So many people suffering with PTSD, in the world, without the benefit of understanding, makes me so grateful for what I do have.
I dreamt I was living in a country mansion. A little dilapidated but still very elegant. I was told I could receive fantastic compensation for the parts of the house that were damaged.
I was caring for a couple of children, they went to a school in the water and swam with penguins. I found them a school where they could swim with dolphins. The college here is offering a new program for working with autistic children, I think I'll take it.
The above-mentioned lawyer showed up and was interested in how angry I was at him. He wasn't concerned for his own transgressions but whether or not I'd get him in trouble socially. I thought he was weak and missing the boat entirely, pitied him and he left to meet his own fate.
Then I went to a concert where a dream acquaintance who was kind of a Christ figure was singing. At first I was very small, then I realized I could stand up straighter and doubled my stature.
I also dreamt of my neighbor who had a beautiful but potentially dangerous german shepard. Allegory for social interaction for me, attracted to the enrichment society brings but so scared of the cruelty humans are capable of. Also I think a warning: my new neighbor abuses his wife and his children have that deer caught in the headlights look all the time. He's always trying to entangle me in his sick little controlling games. He's bit off more than he can chew though, I can't afford resentments and have consigned his attentions to the Virgin Mary.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 1052
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 4:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Isnt easy to rise above any of it and perceive it in a different light.
My path has a distinctive turning within it like walking through a mirror. There have been times it been easy to view myself as one of God's playthings.
When God wasnt watching over us, I called upon the strength of the line my spiritual heritage for a calm centre.

ldyhawk369
Intermediate Member
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 164
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 5:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had a dream last night ,saw lots of black smoke, over water, could just make out a new volcano erupting.Do not know where this happened, was looking down on it, like from a plane.

Grace

Post Number: 1190
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 12:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I dreamt of two people from my past. One on the red road, the other a little lost. It was clear to me that all my dealings with the red road are mercies quite beyond my own capacity. Left to my own devices, I know only how to relate to being lost.

Grace

Post Number: 1213
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 8:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

lol, Must have been all that kokopelli talk before bed: Dreamt of a lover I had for 14 years. Both of us wood-water tigers, so we always maintained a safe distance. Spent alot of time playing with the high adrenaline low effort toys: skies, motorcycles, jet skies, even flew a small airplane with him. He was begging me to see him again, I've closed the chapter and he doesn't know where I live. I won't be going back down that rabbit-hole, but it was nice to hear him beg.

I had asked for my mother to come see me and she did. In high school, I'd joined the gymnastics team and was always first at practice, morning, noon and night. Then I would stretch and do hand-stands all evening, which really irritated mom who readily voiced her annoyance. Last night she invited me to a meet and stood cheering me on beaming with pride.

Sneaky kokopelli and the infernal springs of hope.
I suppose the healing process has begun, but it's unnecessary and redundant. Love exists in the brokenness, just as we are. I know mom loved me all along. As for the fellow, silly bit of diversion that.

nomadrat
Username: nomadrat

Post Number: 6063
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 6:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Love exists in the brokenness, just as we are. "

I LOVE that!
Grace, you have such a way with words.
I'm assuming that away from here you are some famous, gifted writer, or artist of some sort.
Maybe a professor, even?
Some famous intellectual.
Your posts are just too brilliant.

And if you're not..you should be.
What benefit will it be to you
if you gain the whole world
but lose your own soul?
(Mark 8:36)

Grace

Post Number: 1230
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 7:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Only in my dreams, but I love you too.
Nah, I have a noble love above my station, which has served only to increase the ire my 'comrades' have against me.

agnes maria
Username: anonarchista

Post Number: 3334
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 3:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dunno Grace, I wouldn't trust those Ire-ish comrades ...
Death Before Dishonour

Shaido
Username: miller

Post Number: 2002
Posted on Monday, December 19, 2005 - 6:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nomadrat, even broken, we can rebuild by learning to love ourselves. Loving even our broken state.

But what is "broken"? This is an external definition.

It's like saying someone is "too fat" without knowing them. Maybe they are are in training to be a Sumo Wrestler. We just don't know and it's not our place to judge others.

I have never met a person that was truly broken because bones heal.

There are people who believe that they are broken but they are whole and have just been lied to, so they continue telling themselves the lie. Even I do. It's comfortable and warm.

We are complete, worthy and whole. We've just forgotten.

Yeah Grace, your mother does love you. Her annoyance at your stretching was only from her being easily agitated. It's like watching a parent berate their child when they are jumping around playing.

I find it harmless as long as they stay away from the road, and yet because the parents in a bad mood they think such behaviour is naughty.

Grace, their jealousy is not your concern. If they had done what you had then they would be in the same spot you are. Only have themselves to blame. Don't let them hold you back. Keep going.

Oh and report back occasionally, we're taking notes up the back here. *wink*.

My father loves me too, but the anger drowned out everything.

xretsim
Username: xretsim

Post Number: 754
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 3:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

please don't post "long" links.. the board won't wrap them. replace everything after the comma with your title. like this:

\newurl{http://www.biosphaerenparks.at/
biosphaerenparks/bsr/englisch/gurglerkamm/
gurglerkamm_research.html,
Biosphere Reserve Gurgler Kamm
}

result:
Biosphere Reserve Gurgler Kamm

Grace

Post Number: 1254
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2005 - 2:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I dreamt of a portrait, but when I looked closely, I noticed it was painted on an antique mirror. Camouflage, all my thoughts of myself are camouflage. I thought, if I could take the paint off, I could go through it and travel anywhere. But then people would also be able to come through it to me.

There was parts where the mirror was exposed, I guess that's progress.

What is grief and ire? I trust that God doesn't need to trust me. If I go crazy from all the cruelty, God won't forsake me. I just have to be able to admit I'm hurt, to myself; have compassion for the things I hate about me.

I once thought that I would spend eternity alone rather than have to spend another minute in the company of people, but you guys aren't so bad.

nomadrat

Post Number: 6149
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 5:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"...but you guys aren't so bad."

And we like you, too

I had a pencil box once
(I've mentioned it here, before)
it had Lucy on it (from Peanuts)
She was at her psychiatrist stand,
leaning on her hand,
mumbling to herself,
"I love mankind.
It's people I can't stand"
It's one of my all time favorite lines.

(Message edited by nomadrat on December 22, 2005)
but lose your own soul?

bean
Advanced Member
Username: tina

Post Number: 423
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 11:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Grace, Grace, Grace.........You are so beautiful.

The camouflage is what YOU think......not what is.
It you could take the paint off, People would have the OPPORTUNITY to "become themselves fully," because of you.

Trust?? All of live is dependent upon the rest to do it's part in the keeping of life. Completely.

God won't forsake you.......don't forsake God!

God couldn't spend eternity alone......neither can you.

Blessings you sweet thing.

Bean

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 8656
Posted on Friday, December 23, 2005 - 1:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No dreams recalled for a long time, then this weird one last night:

I was in a touristy sort of place near the sea--reminded me of the Florida Keys. To get away from the crowds, I wandered into an old fashioned butcher shop in a rickety old wooden building. I knew the people who ran it, so I told them I'd work sales for them for a few hours.

It was very cold inside, so the cuts of meat were lying out on tables in long rows. As I was straightening up the rows, I heard the butcher say that he'd just gotten a call and we'd soon have some fresh meat...and that it would be from someone I knew...! [He named someone who posts to this board] I got very upset at that, but he and his staff laughed at me--it's her choice, they said.

But I knew it meant she was suicidal and I was very upset that they were just going to take advantage of her while she was in that state. I decided to go downstairs to the small art gallery that was beneath the butcher shop, to get away from them.

As I went in, the guy I think is my handler in real life came out of the door and scowled at me. I ducked inside and talked to some young artists who were doing painting demonstrations--one was painting a marina scene with the sky filled with boat masts in black and white. They told me that my handler now owned the gallery, so I decided I'd be better off upstairs and went back to the butcher shop.

They were putting out new cuts of meat and now that I realized that they could be from people, I was very uncomfortable and didn't want to work there anymore. I picked up a pair of scissors and cut my long hair short on both sides at the front, leaving a long, long tail at the back--somehow, this had to do with mourning and showing respect. [?]

Trying to remember a word that would express my revulsion toward their practices, I began to walk around the shop [the word was "taboo"] racking my brain for a way to stop them. I came to the end of a long table and saw a number of small cauldrons brimming over with a whitish-gray, thick liquid. When I asked what it was, I was told, "Sperm." That grossed me out and I asked where the eggs were. "They need more refridgeration," they said.

I was getting more and more upset, so I went outside and mingled with the crowds. I found an open air craft market and tried to hide among the artisans, but some beautiful, blonde young women in a flying vehicle of some sort spotted me and fired a shiny silver weapon in my direction. In an instant, a cloud of tiny bright silver space ships surrounded me and the woman in charge came up to me with a shiny silver weapon pointed at me.

She was angry with me and took me back to the butcher shop, where I was made to clean the incoming meat in machines that looked like washing machines. They rolled around on casters on a steeply sloped, dirty black floor. I could smell rodents and really disliked the room. I decided to do something wrong, deliberately, so that I'd be asked to leave. I dumped a whole lot of a chemical they were using into one "washer" and they were very angry and began draining it, so I was able to slip out...

Right then, the phone rang and wakened me, which I think is how I managed to remember this dream. The whole thing was like a slow-motion nightmare. Once I woke up, I was able to see the possible symbolic aspects of it and the links to a very unpleasant blend of abductions and cattle mutilations, but the only space alien elements were in that one part with the beautiful blonde women and the silver ships....?

slw
Username: slw

Post Number: 982
Posted on Monday, December 26, 2005 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I dreamed that my husband and I went into a large old unpainted warehouse type building. Rows and rows of shamrocks were being grown in large long box type beds. They were very green, some were tiny up to dinner plate sizes. At the corners of some of the boxes were posts with shamrocks growing up them like ivy. The only other person there was a tall old man with white hair. He said something to me about growing all the shamrocks and was very proud of them. My husband and I went down different aisles of the big warehouse until he was completely out of sight. Then he yelled to me "Man, you won't believe this kitchen!" and I woke up. darn!

Though it was a pretty dream, I don't think it was a sign of anything good.

The night before, I dreamed of sitting on the floor of a structure that was 23 stories high. I don't remember much more of the dream except that I was in awe at the height of the structure. I don't know what the significance was but it made me aware of my insignificance!

nomadrat

Post Number: 6211
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 3:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Shamrocks are good luck, aren't they?
A four leaved clover.
but lose your own soul?

slw

Post Number: 985
Posted on Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Shamrocks are supposed to be lucky but the dream's atmosphere didn't feel very good. They also stand for the holy trinity and hope. The part of the dream that was sort of gloomy was when we went down different aisles. Silly, I guess. I hope I haven't jinxed my luck! LOL!

agnes maria

Post Number: 3399
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 12:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lately I've had a few wild, beautiful dreams, and more than a few out of body experiences. Last night I was in a lucid dream being nudged up against by a grey entity that I was still too nervous to look at. The energy was loving and impatient, anxious. We're just dying to meet each other. I could see the entity though I didn't turn to look directly at him. I could see all around me, not just in front; since it was still a dream, a part of me was able to overlook this while the larger part was aware of everything. It was in a haze. The structure of the dream itself - the projection - was vague and only secondarily meaningful. All I remember seeing is that I was standing in the window of a walkway above a bus terminal, waiting with a gym bag. The entity nudged up against the bag, not even directly against me. This bus terminal was just a symbol for waiting to travel - a general assessment of how things are going for me right now, I'm ready for / to take-off and waiting for the ride / chance - and it was clear to me even then that it was just a projection in space, while I was out of body with this entity. A lucid dream (again). Lots of insight lately, too :-)

(Message edited by anonarchista on December 28, 2005)
Death Before Dishonour

agnes maria

Post Number: 3400
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 12:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well I wouldn't say that the projection was meaningless, but it was like being inside of a dim vision. It doesn't even have anything to look at beyond a few meters, but fades into a dim blend of all of the colours before it becomes the vacuum of dark empty space. That is what I saw last night. In this one there was only black, white, grey and gold, plus the colour of my flesh and hair. My dreams have always been in super vivid, beyond-living colour. This was very significant because it showed me that I was right about the projections. I even wrote about this in a post yesterday on the thread I started in the UFO section the other day ("Being pulled or called from your body"), but then felt unsure so I took it out and wrote that I'm unsure. Ha! So I will go expand there now ... :-) :-)
Death Before Dishonour

russadams
Username: lightsleeper

Post Number: 1638
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night, I was bombarded with dreams. The only one that I remember is the same old dream that I've had for almost as long as I can remember. I'm waiting in the theater wings, as the curtain is going up on a play. I'm waiting for my cue to go out and I realize that I've never learned my lines, never attended a single rehearsal, never even bothered to read the play. That's it, but it's a very aggravating dream!

Shaido

Post Number: 2060
Posted on Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Not really a dream: I picked up my mobile phone and it was green, meaning that it had been activated. There was a message from a girl named "Kelli" wishing me a merry christmas and a happy new year, etc.

So, I go through the menu to read it properly and it's not there.

I was half asleep when I picked up the phone but fully awake going through the menu.

Kelli is someone on a web based journal program I use.

Weird.

agnes maria

Post Number: 3409
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 2:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A Bit Graphic: Last night I had a seriously intense, vivid lucid dream. In it I was conversing with the newly deceased father of my ex boyfriend. This is the second time I've dreamt about speaking to this man since his death last summer (northern hemisphere 2005). He and I were in my old apartment, which is a popular setting for my lucid, intense, et and/or ufo dreams. Some strangers entered carrying my ex, who sick from drinking too much. We all attended to him, which is the reverse of similar dreams in which I am injured and and the strangers are ridiculing me and he is kicking me to the curb, literally. (Vivid symbolism, no?). He began to choke on his own vomit, and I had the strangers turn him over. Sometimes the strangers are in a group, among others whom I know. All human, these are dreams set up between many human and et minds. Out of body, so the dreamscape is KA RAZY. The colours were spectacular last night. Well his father and I walked out of the room and left him to the strangers. In the living room we finished our conversation (plans to go somewhere, do something) and the only sentence that I remember from this dream is was what my ex's father said next. He said, "Poor (Ex's name), he just wanted to go out and have a good time with his friends, but obviously he ruined it for himself." This implied my ex's relative innocence and naivete, despite what he himelf believed. The whole scene also implied his grief. I wept for him for a few moments then, but at that point his father told me that he was going to go bring the vehicle around and have us all load packages and my ex into it, for the trip that we were planning. Those were his words, but not verbatim this time. It was a very cool dream, but very horrible too. What hurts me most is that I can't take care of my ex. In this dream, that was expressed in how I felt when the strangers were tending to him being sick (in my sister's old bed, HA!), which was that he would not appreciate my even getting near him. That is why I left his care to the strangers in this dream. I felt pretty bad all day, but this time it was because I could feel that he is or was hurting and that while I could do anything for him now - and well - it is too late. That was the source of my worst pain all along in our relationship (which still hurts), the fact that while I could do so much, I wasn't ... and then (now) it was (is) too late.

(Message edited by anonarchista on December 29, 2005)
Death Before Dishonour

Shaido

Post Number: 2064
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 9:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream that I missed seeing Whoopi Goldberg live on stage, by reading a poster.

The strange part was, that I was in my bed, but the bed was on the street and just when I thought "Oh, No! I've missed the show!" she rides past me on a white horse and blows me a kiss.

I think the white horse is from "Made in America".
But I haven't seen that movie in a while.

agnes maria

Post Number: 3414
Posted on Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 4:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You watch too many movies Shaido. To the point where your mind uses them and celebrities for personal symbolism.

Last night I was oot and aboot, dreaming above faeries/elves who were rescuing me as an assassin from my own misery. It was cool.
Death Before Dishonour

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 11154
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 8:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ew......last night i dreamed i was walking around a cruise ship and seeing dead passengers in their bunks. like there was a serial killer loose.

oh and agnes, what does it matter who brings a message? john wayne or yoda? does that change the message?

Quigs
Username: astralgazer

Post Number: 818
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 3:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hadn't dreamt much lately. But I fell back asleep after my alarm went off. Opps! Well I had a weird one. I was working in this building that looked like a warehouse on the outside but on the inside it was filled with cubicles. We were working on secret projects.

I had just finished an assignment in Kazjistan (sp?). I don't know if they have desert there but I was slinking around in the desert spying on this group of people and someone happened to see me. They took shots at me. Somehow I escaped and got back to the warehouse. I told my boss about it and he told me not to worry about it. Those things happened in this business. Well this chick comes up to my desk and I told her what happened. She said that had been happening a lot lately with our people. That somehow we have been getting spotted more and more, almost like people had been informed that we were coming. I started to research the files of all missions in the last few months. Someone caught me researching this and told me not to. I told them I thought there was a mole. I won't tell the whole dream. It was pretty long. It was like an Alias type dream but I've only watched that show once and it was a few months ago. I love those dreams! I feel like I'm really there.
"Cities cannot be destroyed. They will be rebuilt seventy times seven because the gods know where they have placed them, and they have need of them there." Excerpt from The Fifth Mountain,

agnes maria

Post Number: 3431
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi, the point is that Shaido continuously tries to PUSH me into watching these movies. I cannot afford it and I am freaking tired of hearing about them IN EVERY EMAIL AND POST from him. The messege is what matters, true, but Shaido's mind (and please do not tell me not to asess him, he does it to me ALL the time, and very very badly) uses the movie scenery, etc, to get it's OWN messege across to him. That's not the best state for your mind to be in. It's clutter.
Death Before Dishonour

sharlr
Username: sharlr

Post Number: 730
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 5:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I guess whatever is a part of our personal culture will colour our dreams to one extent or another. A movie buff will take note of a specific character or scene that crops up; a gardening enthusiast will take note of the presence of certain blooms that they see; a painter may be moved more by the prsence of colour than others.

For me, it is trees, birds and animals. I love nature, love to be in it and to read about it; it holds a special kind of magic for me. It's where I'm at, so it's what I see.

We all take our messages from somewhere; my messages will appear magical to some, and like clutter to others. Such is life.

Happy New Year to you all, may your dreams (the good ones) come true....
"Don't give me the Star Trek crap. It's too early in the morning."
Lister, The Last Day - Red Dwarf

russadams

Post Number: 1640
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 8:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night I dreamed that there were visitors coming--not like the Smiths from Jersey City, but the grey type of visitors. Only in this dream, they weren't the typical greys. And I'm not sure how we knew they were coming, but I think it was like a lot of people were made aware through some kind of psychic means. So they showed up, and they came from up in the sky but, instead of coming from a UFO or something, they came through some kind of portal, and at first, sort of just hovered up there. Instead of greys, these were bald headed looking dudes, or maybe they shaved their heads, but they looked pretty much like regular humans, except they all wore long black, or dark blue robes. They didn't talk to us, although they seemed to talk to each other in a foreign language. They communicated with me and the other people telepathically, except it was more like when they looked at you, you just knew the message that they were trying to convey. They seemed to want us to believe that they were here for one reason but then they killed a couple of people, and it was pretty clear that they were lying. They also seemed to want us to think that the greys were responsible for the deaths, but I saw these guys do it and knew that it was b.s. This was an extremely vivid dream that started out scary but when I saw that it wasn't greys doing the killing, I got angry. Then I woke up.

slw

Post Number: 988
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2005 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't mean to be morbid but this is what I dreamed last night. My Mother (deceased) and son-in-law (deceased) and several other people (I don't remember who they were) were moving my big dresser with the mirror attached. I was trying to lift up the end but it was very heavy. My daughter was also there and we seemed to be a happy bunch. Then my son-in-law handed me the little yellow cat vase that I bought when I was eight years old (over 50 years ago, I still have it). I was mainly worried about something getting broken. In the dream I was thinking that moving was a good thing. Which it would be! I don't like the house or neighborhood that I live in.

Shaido

Post Number: 2078
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 1:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Agnes, you are right. Part of me says "Agnes could benefit from seeing this" but I know that I have to see certain scenes of a particular movie again to get the point. It's me that needs to see it.

However, I originally mentioned a certain film (I admit to mentioning in adnauseum) because it said artistically what I could not in email form.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11163
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 8:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i had another weird one last night...

someone had been murdered near a bridge but the police couldn't find the body.

it was like an old fashioned bridge-underneath was like a tunnel of earth held back by boards. i told them the body was buried in the earthen side. and i 'heard' the word kaiser which meant it had something to do with germany.

?? nope, no pizza last night.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 8730
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 4:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I dreamed very chaotically last night, with intervals of insomnia. Too much wine at dinner, I'm thinking. All I can now recall is my being obsessed with covering up an odd burn on my back on the left side. I'd look at it in a floor-length mirror and worry that The Skeptic was going to notice it and try to find bandaids large enough to cover it, but couldn't. It was about an inch and a quarter high and 4-5 inches long and looked as it it was actually a sequence of round burns all close to each other.

And I was in a burned-out office building, going through the smelly, sticky ashes looking for something important. But I kept forgetting what it was and knew I'd be in trouble for that--an anxiety dream, IOW.

russ, that is a very disturbing dream

agnes maria

Post Number: 3433
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 4:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Shaido, thanks. Very good apology, I'm proud
Death Before Dishonour

slw

Post Number: 991
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi, Your dream sounds like it may be of a psychic nature. It may be a good idea to see if anything like it comes up on the news.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11175
Posted on Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 11:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

slw

hmm, could be. i've had those kind before.

russadams

Post Number: 1642
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 6:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi, It wasn't a dream, but I used to get this image that popped into my head of something eerily like your dream. The image was of an old railroad bridge made of wood pilings. There was a body buried underneath it, sort of where the wood supports were dug into the side of the hill. It was in a heavily wooded area of upstate New York. I have no idea where that image came from but it insistently came into my mind for many years. It had to do with something that happened in the late 1940's, years before I was born, so I have no idea.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11193
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 8:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hmm...THAT'S interesting. i was born in '47.

never lived in ny.

if i did live there, i think i would be going through old newspaper clippings looking for something similar.

russadams

Post Number: 1644
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 8:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've never lived in New York either. I just knew that's where it was. To be honest, I thought it might be some kind of past life memory or something like that because it was so vivid. I thought that maybe I had been this little kid who disappeared from this little diner type place on a lake in upstate New York. I can even remember that the diner had old, genuine wood paneling and high, wooden booths with red vinyl seats and backs. There were red and white checked tablecloths on all the tables. I really don't know what was going on with this "memory" or whatever it was, but I (or whoever this child was) went out to the front entrance to use the bathroom and the next thing I know, I'm outside of my body looking at this freshly dug grave underneath the railroad trestle. And actually, it was 1947 or 1948. This is the first time I've ever mentioned this particular bit of weirdness, but it was something I just was aware of from a fairly young age. I hadn't thought about it lately, and then I read about your dream. I don't know what it was all about.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11196
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 8:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ain't life interesting?

susi t learn

Post Number: 11197
Posted on Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 8:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

just a thought but are you of german heritage? i'm wondering why i got a german connection.

russadams

Post Number: 1645
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We're German on my dad's side of the family. He's related to a famous Nazi. Which is not something we brag about.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11207
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 3:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

this fascinates me!

nomadrat

Post Number: 6284
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 5:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi, Tha tdeema might hav ebeen a convoluted premonition of Melody's passing.

Bridges can also stand for the Bi Frost, the rainbow bridge, the bridge to be crossed over to the other side..the soul side.

Kaiser?

Her insurance wasn't Kaiser Permanente, was it?

Does a par tof you feel tha tshe wans't given the treatment, the full treatment and tests she could have gotten through all that intact? (as often happens with cancer, especially if you have HMO insurance)

Do you think corrupt health insurance could be a culprit in her eventual demise (that of her body, I mean)?

I know..I'm really reaching, here.

it';s jsut tha thtese days..the medical community and the inurance communty are such bed buddies..corrupt bed buddies.
A-lot of really sick people don't get the care they need..care that could have saved their lives.
"No oneís telling you how to live your
life. But itís a setup, until youíre fed up."
From the song, "Nobody Knows be" by her awesomeness, lady Madonna

susi t learn

Post Number: 11215
Posted on Monday, January 02, 2006 - 6:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

nomie

i never thought about that...

i don't know what her insurance was but her cost was over a million dollars and who ever her insurance was paid it. and she went to university (arizona) medical which is the best cancer treatment center in the nation. and she also used alternative treatments combined with her regular medical stuff.

so i feel she did all she could and was treated well.

but it's something to think about.

russadams

Post Number: 1647
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 2:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Susi, I often wondered whether or not I should pursue it and see if it really did happen, but I also sometimes think it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Last night, I dreamed that I went to the closet where we have our stackable washer and dryer. I pulled open the door and there on top of the dryer, lying flat on its stomach with its wings spread out on either side, was a huge bat with its face looking directly at mine! I shut the closet door and promptly woke up.

susi t learn

Post Number: 11237
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 4:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

russ

bats are cool...they mean transition.

maybe because it was 'hiding' transition will come unexpectedly?

wookiecrisp
Username: wookiecrisp

Post Number: 11
Posted on Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had a dream within a dream last night about a meeting with a grey. While I was dreaming like I always do, I went into another dream where I was in a sort of hospital room type area with my wife.

I knew that I was about to meet the alien, and I wasn't too scared. My wife got up and left for some reason because I was supposed to do it alone. Then the alien came in, walked towards me. I wasn't afraid. I reached out and touched (her) hand (seemed feminine to me). She (the grey) was confused as to why I wanted to touch her hand. I went into some explanation about how I felt close to her and this was a human way of showing affection.

She then proceeded to ask me about physical problems I've had through my life, scars from past surgeries, etc... She ran a sort of Star Trek like tri-quarter over my body while I told her these things. After that I asked how I would get back (home, I think). She made me curl up into a ball on the ground, and then when I uncurled, I was back in my first-level dream again. Also when that happened, I felt a type of vibration/buzzing, but only for a short moment. Strange huh...

Perhaps it was just a manifested dream from reading The Key again. Thought I would share.

agnes maria

Post Number: 3456
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wookiecrip, that sounds a lot like dreams I've had.
Death Before Dishonour

wookiecrisp
Username: wookiecrisp

Post Number: 12
Posted on Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 5:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Agnes.. I'll have to go back through the posts to see if there are any similarities that come to mind, thanks for having a read.

The next day though I felt much happier, like there was an entirely new facet of life. Hard to put into words.