Archive through May 17, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Psychology, Sociology & the Mind » Out of Body Experiences » Archive through May 17, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

wender
Username: wender

Post Number: 1289
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 2:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

dirk - i know, you're in VA, right?
my ex boyfriend was from Charles, do you know where that is?

So maybe whe meet in the astral???

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 727
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 2:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No Dirk,
I haven't done rebirthing. The web site looks interesting, though. I wonder if it's all hooked up in any way to my love of the water and diving? I do use breathing patterns each time I need to calm myself, and that's been a lot lately. It seems that Budd Hopkins' new book opened up a hornet's nest of buried memories for me from my childhood, like the light/spark showers that would come for me every night when I was lying in my crib. That's one of my fist memories - just lie there and wait for the lights.

dirkwright
Advanced Member
Username: dirkwright

Post Number: 322
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Wendy, do you mean Charles county, VA? I have heard of the place but can't recall right now how close it is to Fredericksburg. It would be a pleasure to be with you in whatever form is convenient, astral or otherwise.

Southern, rebirthing is called what it is because the breathing process supposedly takes people back to their births. I did not have that experience, but I seemed to recall something about conception, about being non-physical, then becoming attached to a baby-to-be in my mother's womb. It was all pretty vague for me at the time. Rebirthing is used to heal trauma, whatever the cause, and to cleanse the body by pumping much more than normal amounts of oxygen into it. The breathing pattern is apparently identical to the "breathing" that a fetus does in the womb, hence the connection to birth. I used to do it towards the end of a juice fast, and had remarkable energy flow during the session. I should try that again, now that I think of it. They have rebirthers in Australia, assuming you are from there.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 729
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 12:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ha Ha Ha Dirk,
I'm in Southern California. I've been to Australia a number of times, and have friends there. I grew up in New England and also lived in the Midwest. I didn't know about the particular breathing patterns of the fetus. Healing trauma is something I could use, because I've certainly had my share. Maybe that's what comes from never having a dull life. I seen to drag high drama behind me like a ball and chain. I will look into the process further. Thanks.

wender

Post Number: 1297
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

fetus's dont breathe - they are submersed in amniotic fluid.
but can you imaging how traumatic it is for a baby to be born? it's the opposite of drowning, i guess.

the idea of going through that really upsets me. i think it is because i never ever felt any kind of bond with my mother, i think it was her choice, and that would just be so traumatic and upsetting.

i dont think i could go there.....

Southern Cross

Post Number: 731
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 12:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wender,
Sorry, I thought it was understood that the breath part was in quotation marks. The breathing pattern must do something to recreate the first neural pathway of breathing? Just guessing, of course. I am currently dealing with lots of early memories that I'm trying to clear. I store them somewhere in a large black vault room somewhere in my subconscious. It's like my closets. As soon as something gets cleared out, another bagful gets carted in. When will I ever learn?

wender

Post Number: 1302
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 12:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

southern - i throw the bags out, and that's not a good thing.
somewheres down the road i always say,,,,now why did i do that?
that's probably why i am so messed up
i never finished a relationship or an experience from beginning to end

dirk- isnt the 'birthing' done with other people inthe room that sort of simulate the whole process? and you are unable to communicate with them?
maybe i am think ing of something else.

it just creeps me out.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 325
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 7:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wendy, it isn't the same "rebirthing" that is done by psychologists, where the wrap the child in a blanket and sit on them and force them to fight their way out. That's just plain stupid crap in my opinion. No, this is far more profound. Rebirthing as described in that website, and many others, is a great mystery. It is interacting with the unknown. It is profoundly loving. Rebirthers are the most compassionate people I have every known.

Southern, I presumed from you moniker that you were from the land down under. Sorry for the confusion. There are probably rebirthers on every street corner in your neck of the desert. Just through a rock and you'll hit one.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 326
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 8:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, and the rebirthing sessions are arranged such that for the first ten sessions, you have a trained spotter there to support you. Rebirthing is done in a quite place, like a bedroom, and lasts about an hour and a half per session. The sessions change over time as issues come up. It's important to pick the gender of your rebirther based on which one you feel more comfortable with at the time.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 735
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Dirk. I'm a sailor and always love the song. I also have some very special memories of Australia. Let's just say that you don't want to run out of petting zoo "feed" with the kangaroos. Cheeky sons of guns.

wender

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i guess i am not in a stable enough emotional place to want to dig up any emotions having to do with my mother...
whew!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 737
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cool Wender, I can relate. I'm in the middle of a bit of a mother crisis now myself. But if i read Dirk correctly, whatever this rebirthing is, it clears all kinds of trauma. Right now what sounds good to me is the kind of unconditional love that one would expect a mother figure to give us. We DO have that, although we may not know it. Remember, you are infinite, immortal, eternal, and universal. And what you are has beauty and grace. This not my sentiment, but I forget who the author is?

wender

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Sunday, May 01, 2005 - 9:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Southern - sounds like something Wayne Dyer would say. and yes, i know that, thanks for reminding me.
It seems that my mother is (was) the only person that could evoke such negative feelings in me.
If I was going to do something like rebirthing, it would have to be with people i knew and trusted, and woudl feel comfortable with.
i would imagine that there would have to be a lot of followup work, too.

i am sure it is a good thing - facing reality and your fears is always a good thing.
maybe next year

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 333
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 6:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well Wendy, if we lived nearer, I'd offer to do it for free. You'd more than likely wind up dealing with your issues with men than with your mother with me, since I'm not a woman.

Southern, I grew up with sail boats, my father still has a 40 foot boat. I'm not interested in them any more though. Do you live aboard one?

I don't have any OBE activity to report right now, but I have been having a interesting experiences with alternative realities. I have this theory that when we are asleep in this reality, we wake up in another, and vis versa. I've often had expereinces where I wake up in a bed in another place, typically the house I grew up in, then I do various things in that reality, then go back to bed and wake up in this reality. I find that interesting at the least.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 747
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
I don't have a sailboat now. I used to have one when I lived in San Francisco and could sail the bay. Now I live in the mountains in a pine forest at 6000 ft. I'm don't like light wind sailing much. All there is to do in SO CAL is reach out to Catalina. The wind almost never blows over 12.

That's an interesting concept about waking up in another reality. Kind of sounds like things I've read about life and death. I've never experienced it, myself.

wender

Post Number: 1347
Posted on Monday, May 02, 2005 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thanks, dirk.

so, you automatically assume i have issues with men?

does it show that much?

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 343
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 6:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No sweetie, I didn't mean that at all. I would never assume anything about you or anyone else. That's such a rude thing to do. What I meant was that the gender of your rebirther is important in that it has an influence on which issues the rebirthee deals with during the sessions. Women rebirthers tend to stimulate issues about women, and male rebirthers tend to stimulate issues about men, regardless of the gender of the rebirthee. I hope that's clearer.

I'm sorry if you do have issues with men. I wish I could help you with that.

wender

Post Number: 1350
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 3:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i was only teasing, dirk. no need to defend yourself where i am concerned
you're one the bestest boys on the board.

i see what you say about how you would relate to your guide. it would probably be a good thing to go thru the process with both a male and a female, to really get it all out!

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 348
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 4:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

awe shucks wender, I'm blushing! I love you too!

yeah, they recommend ten sessions with each gender. I haven't done it completely though, so apparently there isn't a serious problem with not doing it that way. Free rebirthing to anyone on this board that wants to drive out to Fredericksburg, VA. I think I'll specialize in abductees and other experiencers. That should be fun!

wender

Post Number: 1355
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

twenty sessions!
i think it would have to be free to undertake something like that.
i have offererd free hypnosis to anyone that wants it, but being able to hynotize, regress, is not a big gift.
i wish i really knew how to do something that i could help people with
i have a hard time with all these classes given by great and powerful gurus, and they charge and arm and a leg!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 751
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wender,
You've already helped me a lot.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 354
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 5:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah Wendy, your wisdom is much appreciated.

Of course, the sessions don't happen all in one day, but over weeks and months. Nobody ever died from breathing.

wender

Post Number: 1367
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

thank you SC, right back at you!

this is a good place, isnt it?

dirk- you just said on the 'other kind of sex' thread that up close an personal interactions make you uncomfortable..

seems as if it might only make you that we if you are the giver?
a mean, to go thru a process like this, i mean BIRTH, is very personal.
you've got something deep down inside that must want to come out....you can give it but you cant take it.
i think that is very interesting
a psychologist could make a lot of money clearing that mystery up!

Southern Cross

Post Number: 760
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 1:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What "other kind of sex thread?" Dirk, you are amazingly open about some of your problems. You also seem like a very giving person on the net. If you trained in rebirthing, did you have to do it all yourself? I'm not making a lot of sense. The strong wind has me up with its noise. I think I need to give it up and go to sleep.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 369
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 5:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I tend to magnify my problems, mostly because I'm near sighted... I really haven't had too many complaints in regards to sex over the years. Of course, my first wife would complain if she didn't get to have an orgasm, but that's another story...As compared with other men, I believe I am far more comfortable being intimate than most men. I believe that I am just more honest about my own experience than other men appear to be. Being afraid of women is a taboo subject in men's circles. I am taking a risk with other men by talking about it. The more I work on my fear of women, the less it affects me. The more I talk about it, the less of a problem it becomes. Thanks for letting me talk about it.

You see, rebirthing teaches you that you are not much different from other folks, that you can be open about your issues without regard for condemnation. If someone makes fun of what I say, it's completely a reflection of themselves and has nothing to do with me, except for the fact that I said something that made them uncomfortable.

I trained at the rebirthing center in Philadelphia, PA. They were extremely supportive and I will always be grateful for their love. So no, I didn't have to get trained on my own.

Underwater rebirthing is really cool.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 761
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 9:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I woke up around three this morning with sort of a strange dream memory. Something about Dirk being at my house. Were you wandering last night?

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 374
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah, I had an OBE. I got up, tried to flip on the light switch, it didn't work, went outside, and found myself in a different neighborhood. I was upset that someone was digging in my garden in the back yard, so I went across the street to their back yard and started digging there for revenge. Then I came back to my house and there were people there, including a baby, and I was trying to explain that I was upset because these other people had been digging in my backyard and damaging my plants. I don't recall focusing on finding you Southern. I did not get much sleep last night, I was on fire with ideas. I had a visitor also, but I did not get a visual perception of him. I believe it may have been Jesus because he said "tell everyone that I still exist". I was thinking intently about this message board most of the night, since I was on fire about people taking responsibility for their experiences. Perhaps this person will make themselves more evident for me sometime soon, because at first I thought it was the devil, which is strange, but I was mostly sleepy at the time anyway. I need more information to really figure this out though.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 766
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 8:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
Possible symbols: garden, plants, or planting seeds of thoughts or ideas. digging in your yard garden - uprooting or disturbing concepts or ideas that you had nurtured. Digging in their garden - revenge by uprooting their ideas. Jesus vs the Devil? Possibly concepts of good and evil really existing on this level and battling for the upper hand? It looks like your OBE's come packed with a lot of symbols. I think mine are similar sometimes. The Robert Bruce book points out that the near real time place closest to our "earth" has things existing and happening that we don't see when we are here. It also speaks about how our brains merge data both from the OBE's and dreams at the same time so the upload can sometimes admix the two. Maybe you have some of this going on? Please forgive me for being so bold as to try to interpret your experience. I don't want to be out of line.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 380
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 6:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, I don't mind at all Southern. I think back and the OBE kindof reminded me of when I was digging in the back yard to prepare an area for blueberries. For some reason, I had a lot of angry energy at that time while I was digging. It was strange because I normally love digging in the garden. I suppose it was just my intensity while I was working, but it does make me pause to think what the effect of my attitude is while I'm doing that. Sometimes, I can feel the energy in the ground, particularly in former battlefields and in cemetaries. I get this overwhelming sadness and pain while I am there, and I believe it is from the energy of what happened on that spot so long ago. I believe that the soil, and other things too, holds this emotional energy. The stronger the emotions, the longer the energy stays there. I recently visited a civil war museum in Fredericksburg with relatives, and after a few minutes of viewing the artifacts there, I started to feel this really, really deep sadness and pain. It was so strong that I felt like I was choking on it. I had to get out of there. I pretty much stay away from these things for this reason. I remember walking on Manasas battlefield with my palms facing the ground with tears streaming down my face from the sadness. The sadness doesn't scare me, it's just tough on my body. It would be interesting to do a deep meditation in those battlefields to see what kinds of visions would manifest, but I'm sure it would be unpleasant. I hope my blueberries do well.

wender

Post Number: 1376
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2005 - 10:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i hope your blueberries are ok, too, dirk.
you're so cute.

you must be very empthatic. sp?

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 391
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 7:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

empathetic? Well...I think my wife may disagree with that sometimes...perhaps I relate better with plants and rocks than with people. People are just so hard to understand sometimes...

wender

Post Number: 1390
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2005 - 8:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

plants and rocks are so wonderful to be around and communicate with because they are perfect.
a rock is a rock and doesnt try to be a plant, or ask the plant, why aren't you a rock? rocks are better than plants.

dirk , or anyone else that considers themselves successful at ODEs -

why do you think that some people can have them at will and some can't?

i've been working really hard for the past couple of weeks, to take things a step farther, and i just cant seem to do it

and i dont think i am afraid..
a little ,,,apprehensive, but not really fearful.

any suggestions??

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 405
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 7:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My understanding is that you have to remain conscious to very deep levels of relaxation, which is why I use that delta CD. I can't have OBE's at will, but that CD has been the most successful tool I have ever used. I also think any apprehension will stop you also. There has to be a "hum ho, here we go again" kind of feeling about it, like it's ordinary everyday thing. I can send you some Bob Monroe books if you're interested in reading his experiences and technique. I don't really understand this stuff very well either, so maybe if there's someone more adept at OBE's they can contribute to this thread? Oh, I ordered Pamela Stonebrooke's book on CD. She's apparently very adept at it. I'm going to start a "sex with reptilians" thread after I read her book. That should be good.

wender

Post Number: 1399
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2005 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

what an instigator you are dirk!

ok, so no apprehension at all. that could be it, because i am always waiting for it to happen, or rather, i think that i have to be in control of it.
so i should just sit back and see what happens?
i just wish i could find a way to keep from falling asleep all the time

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 408
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 5:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, what a really nice OBE I had just 3 hours ago! It was after my CD session, and after I got my energy flow going good, and not being able to take it a higher level, I decided to try and just get out of my body and it worked. So, I just walked around the room, went to the front door, nothing exciting there. I was having some difficulty keeping my eyes open, so I tried to open them with my fingers and that seemed to help. I decided to go to the bathroom window and see if there were any spaceships there like last time, but no, only heavy construction equipment, which I found very disturbing, since I live in a wooded area. Then I sat down in a chair I made in the bedroom, and there was another couple there also, with much more ornate chairs, then I looked down and saw that I did indeed have a penis, so I decided to ask my wife for sex, then it got weird and I fell back into my body. Oh well, such is life!

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 412
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 8:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, and I forgot to add that I noticed that during the OBE, I have this invisible layer around my body which appears to be about an inch thick. I say this because when I looked at my arm, for example, the area of the background about an inch away from my arm was distorted, like I was looking through some kind of layer that distorted the background. This the second time I've seen this, so at least it's consistent.

nomadrat
Username: nomadrat

Post Number: 3316
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dirk,
You are getting so good at it.

That invisible layer, if you look closely at your body in the physical there's like and inch, a layer of some kind of energy around it.

It can even glow a bit.

(I'm not talking about the blobs of color that make up an aura either)

It's about a half inch to an inch thick. At first it just looks like a distortion.
An energy layer.

But if you adjust your eyes just the right way, it sort of glows. (I wonder if it's the organ surrounding the body that the MOTK spoke of)
"Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun
But mama...
that's where the fun is" -Bruce Springsteen

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 419
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2005 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't see that at all in normal physical waking life nomie, but thanks for the compliment! I wish my wife would say that too!

Anyway, I will try and see if I can see what you are talking about. I have problems with seeing things. I don't know if it's the fact that I had surgery when I was little, or my eyes have always been screwy, or if there is some other cause. I don't recall having imaginary friends either, for example. I can't see auras either, except I think I saw one once, it was multi-colored and radiating from the person's head a foot or more as I recall. That was 20 some years ago I think. I don't even recall who it was now. dang it.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 770
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had several OBE's last night. I was wearing clothing, though. I also manufactured some reading glasses but I didn't need them.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 428
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 11:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I guess some of us are more modest...

Southern Cross

Post Number: 772
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 3:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Do you ever notice that your hands glow in an OBE? I forgot to ask and I'm always trying to sort the OBE's and the lucid dreams. I made a point of looking last night and it seemed like my body looked a little fuzzy and glowed. Definitely no wings last night.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 429
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 3:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No, everything is usually sort of dim during my OBE's, except for the one last January 1st, it was light like morning, but my hands don't normally glow. My last one however I did feel my energy flow much more distinctly in my other body during the OBE, if that makes sense. I don't if I've explained before that I have the Reiki-like energy flowing through the palms of my hands 24/7, as well as around the crown chakra, the third eye, and the temples? Lately I have focused on generating the energy in a circular area on the soles of my feet. I have seen this energy during my intensifying exercises, and it glows purple. I think I once mentioned that I was able to generate a beam of white light between my palms also once. I just don't have time to really work on this stuff like I should be doing because I have to work, and work, and commute and commute, kiss the wife and pet the cat, take out the trash and fix the house, etc, etc, etc....

I think you should try and feel your wings more often, that would be cool.

Oh, and one thing I have done during OBE is that if I focus on an area of the room, I have this like search light above my head that illuminates that area and then I can see the colors, otherwise most of the time everything is pretty much in black and white.

Southern Cross

Post Number: 775
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 11:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wonder how easy it is to change your outfit or surroundings in the OBE state? I bet I made the wings. I always liked costumes when I was a kid. I was obsessed with fairies and would draw them all the time.

How interesting about the light from your hands, Dirk. I can't imagine how that would feel.

wender

Post Number: 1416
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ok this is really a stupid question. i have only have had maybe three OBEs, and i dont ever remember looking at myself, my physical body.

do you mean to tell me that you are naked? if that is so, then i am NOT going to try it anymore.

that's just weird, but i guess it makes sense.

nomadrat
Username: nomadrat

Post Number: 3334
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Whenever I OBE, when I have looked at my astral body, I am in the clothes that my physical body is wearing while I am OBEing.
My mind must create clothes for my astral double.

I haven't OBE'd ina while. About eight months ago i did, not really meaning to, but it wasn't a really lucid OBE.

I've just felt too drained and lazy to try it of late.

Usually, when I do OBE it's not when I am actually trying to, but like, the next day for some reason.

I think it's because when I am actually trying to, I don't allow myself to relax enough. (all that nervous anticipation gets in the way)
"Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun
But mama...
that's where the fun is" -Bruce Springsteen

Southern Cross

Post Number: 776
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wender,
I haven't had that many lucid ones, but I swear that I'm wearing clothes. For me, the Robert Bruce book answered so many questions, such as "Why can't I see?" For so many years the OBE has been like the Holy Grail to me, but I'd get right down to it and scare myself silly.

Nomie,
Thanks for the comment about the glow that you see about an inch from the physical body. I see something like it but I thought it was some kind of afterimage. I know what you mean about the OBE's. As soon as I think, "I'm going to have an OBE," I'm already coming out of it.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 433
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 6:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think sometimes I have clothes on, and sometimes not. Maybe it depends on my mood at the time?

Southern, the energy feels like a pressure on that area, like something is pressing there. I've had it every since my enlightenment experience over 20 years ago. I've only recently learned that I can intensify it, which is leading to many other things.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 1133
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 8:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Being naked - in dream = great sign!
Being true to yourself.

clothing - personality (what we currently express ourselves in).

Southern Cross

Post Number: 779
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Mark,
Good interpretation. I'll have to think about it in light my own experiences.

dirkwright
Advanced Member

Post Number: 461
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 10:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This morning was good. I didn't really have an OBE, but what is new is that I was able to get into the energy state pretty much at will. My DVD player is broken because the motor makes too much noise, so I had to just lay there and try and increase my energy flow all by myself. I was able to get into the state but since I was on my back, I couldn't breathe and had to come out and roll on my side. I was able to get back into it then, but I had more of a lucid dream than an OBE. Something about my hifi stereo and too many power strips, who knows?

But, the new thing is the fact that I was able to get into this pretty much at will.