Archive through October 31, 2006dirkwright50 10-31-06  7:51 am
Archive through November 29, 2007animalspirits75 11-29-07  7:03 am
Archive through March 25, 2010Southern Cross75 3-25-10  11:06 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 2784
Posted on Sunday, March 28, 2010 - 6:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi SW.. hope all is well
I can totally relate to that switch method..
I experienced it when I found myself walking
around my living room in astral..I feel its
about awareness also..yes another part of "us"
I like that description :-)

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 4933
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 9:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Buddie. I've been pretty busy and am tired. I've had some pretty strange experiences of late, and I've just about given up trying to put names and labels on things. One thing I do want to note is that I seem to experience being especially free and happy in my out of body states. I've wondered if that happiness is due to the fact that what I call the "ego" mind of me isn't running the whole show anymore. Lots to ponder. Does anyone else have any more ideas?

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 7242
Posted on Wednesday, March 31, 2010 - 9:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SC,

That is exactly what is happening. As you are able to let go of the left brain/mind/ego and be in the right brain/spiritual, you will continue to find happiness in those experiences...and a lot of knowledge.

Don't try and put a label on what is happening. It is the mind/ego that wants to label everything.

Sounds like you are doing great.

Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

Southern Cross
Username: jolinda

Post Number: 4935
Posted on Friday, April 02, 2010 - 11:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you, AS. That whole left brain wants to conclude, predict and judge and that's flat out impossible. I used to think that it was "me." I've also experienced situations where I am out of body, and suddenly have access to a huge amount of knowledge that I seem to have "forgotten" while in this incarnation, or in my left brain state for want of a better way of saying it. This includes meeting guides and feeling like I having a reunion with people I've somehow forgotten, to experiencing terror in several alien encounters, where I am taken out of body and I suddenly "remember" them and I'm happy to see them. I feel like I'm putting on some kind of blocking helmet that keeps information from me when I move back into what I call ego awareness, or "normal" left brain functioning. This is all a huge process of discovering that "I" am quite different than I like to see myself as being. LOL

defectron
Username: defectron

Post Number: 38
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

For the past week or so I've started training in the ecercises in bruce roberts mastering astral projection book. So far I havent gotten any projections yet, but I remember an incident that occurred about a year ago. At the time I assumed this was just a lucid dream but after reading about how sometimes things seen while projecting may appear different, I think it may be an actual experience, what do you all think?

About a year ago I had an experience where I seemed to float up out of my body while I was asleep. I was in my room but a few things were different, some of the posters on the walls looked different then the ones that are there in real life which is why I initially thought this must have just been a lucid dream. Another thing that happened was a strange lizard like animal resembling a large gecko crawled across the ceiling before vanishing through the wall while I was doing this.

So what's the verdict? Think this was a real projection experience or not?

Buddie

Post Number: 2931
Posted on Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 2:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I had something like that happen
to me..except I do slightly remember
stepping out and then finding myself
in the living room and saying ..
well I didn't say I thought ..then
I was swoooshed through my feet
back to waking for a moment..it was
the feeling not the mind memory that
knows I was there..Don't feel different

Stephen in AZ
Username: stephenm

Post Number: 2444
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 7:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

On Sunday evening, June 6, 2010, I had a dream in which I was at home, but it was different, with a lot more rooms. My mother was also there, and maybe somebody else too. I talked to her a little, but didn't actually see her much, as she spent most of her time in other rooms. Things seemed strange, and everything, even the air, had a kind of grainy feeling. As we talked, I wandered through various rooms, ending up in one that didn't normally exist. It was mostly bare, with pale walls.

I was carrying what seemed to be a bar of very large soap, maybe seven or eight ounces. It was vaguely egg-shaped, but with sharp, almost square, edges, with flat sides and just a little rounded on the top and bottom. I had been intending to take a shower at some time, I think, when I got around to it. Something was going to happen later, it seemed, or somebody was going to come, maybe the next day, in the morning. It was late at night now, and things seemed bleak. I held the heavy soap in my right hand, and glumly looked at the bare, grainy walls.

Suddenly I was drawn away, back to my bedroom, flowing through the air, my body stretched out and distorted, still hearing the voices from the other rooms. As I settled into bed, or my spirit did, I felt a return to more solidity, and became aware that I actually was in bed and had been sleeping, but was now waking up. I still held the large bar of soap in my hand.

Then I felt a change, a kind of coolness, and like my body was changing to bright points and shifting forward, my head and upper body moving partly out of my physical body, moving upward a little, but still not fully out. As it was doing this, my perspective also shifted, the ceiling becoming closer. I recognized what was happening, from the feeling and the shift in vision, the going closer to the ceiling. I was trying to have an out of body experience, an astral projection, and was already partway out of my body. I wanted to have one, and tried to concentrate on making it happen. The ceiling seemed to loom much closer for a moment, like I was right underneath it, so close that I drew my head back some in surprise, squinting at it. I didn't feel too much different, but there seemed to be an increase in outside noise, a kind of muffled roaring and murmuring.

Then I was back where I had been, still on the bed, partway out of my body, but less so than before. I was still holding the heavy soap. Amused, I dumped it out of my hand, to let it fall back over the side of the bed, on the side toward the wall. It didn't seem important now.

I thought, still with amusement, that it might be my soul, like in the book by Roger Zelazny, "Jack of Shadows." In the book, on the dark, magic-controlled side of the earth, a person's soul was contained in an egg-shaped rock that he found he held in his hand, when he died and was resurrected and found himself laying on a mound at the south pole.

If it was my soul, I had just dumped it. Oh well, I could always come back and get it later, I thought, and went back to trying to have an out of body experience. I don't remember much after that, though it seems that something did happen. Maybe even quite a bit, which brings a certain uneasiness to thoughts about it. Thoughts about beings I might have met, and contracts entered into and broken, and struggles with the beings and struggles about them, and an opposing side that helped me, and that I helped, and some difficulty in getting my soul back after all. It seems like something like that might have happened, it feels like it might have, but there's no way to know for sure. I have just the briefest of memories. There was never any soap, though, it was all part of the dream. I know; I looked for it after I woke up.

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 12320
Posted on Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 9:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Stephen,

I enjoyed what you wrote...if I
smile to myself and don't get bored
by something I read...it's good.

The soap thing was probably with you to
keep you aware that what you were experiencing
was not of the ordinary time frame that you
are living in now and you held on to it until
you got back. I've done something similar and
looked under the covers and under the bed for the object.

Then again I never have tried to have an OOB,
my problem is staying in my body. Reason I kinda
keep to myself nowadays.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2460
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Mama Shine.

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2622
Posted on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 10:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Long ago, perhaps in the 1970s, I had what seemed very much to be an out of body experience, where long, thick, soft, pale cables were hanging down through the ceiling, all over my bedroom. It was very late at night, with most of the lights off, and the bedroom was almost dark. Other than the cables, everything in the bedroom seemed normal.

I was very tired and was in the middle of the room attempting to climb them, but couldn't get very far. When I pulled on a cable, more of it came out, like it was on a reel somewhere far above me, and I could only get a little off the floor. I kept slowly trying, hanging on the cable, my distance from the floor ranging from an inch or so to maybe a foot or two. I could never make much progress, and it became harder as time progressed, because I was getting tireder, and losing my strength. Eventually, I wasn't far above the floor at all, sometimes touching it.

It went on for a long time.

Found Goat
Intermediate Member
Username: foundgoat

Post Number: 200
Posted on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Is there a difference between the out-of-body experience and remote viewing, and, if so, what is it? Perhaps the OBE involves the soul leaving the body, whereas others will say that the soul doesn't leave, but that clairvoyance is simply involved. And what is at work with remote viewing, sometimes dubbed "ESPionage"? Astral travel? Accessing the collective unconscious? Clairvoyance? Is the OBE and remote viewing one and the same thing?

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2725
Posted on Monday, August 15, 2011 - 2:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

According to Russell Targ, in his book "Limitless Mind" (page 57), remote viewing is seeing a distant scene on a mental screen, and an out of body experience is traveling to the distant scene mentally.

bidaabin
Advanced Member
Username: bidaabin

Post Number: 290
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 2:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just my 2 cents on this...
I have spontaneously been in the astral plane, on many OBE's, and remote viewed. I do not know exactly how I came into many of these states of consciousness except that in most of the OBE's my Visitor was present. I did not know what was happening until after later reflecting and reading others experiences. Then I understood more of what was occurring.

My most recent travels have occurred either as OBE's or in a simultaneous life, if that makes any sense. Much like Stephen's description above post 2444, but with more details.

BTW- I seriously doubt that Russell Targ has actually traveled or remote viewed anything since his assessment does not agree with what I have personally experienced.
"The only enemy that mankind has ever had, is their devotion to ignorance.." Dr. Robert Ghost Wolf

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 14602
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

bidaabin posted:

"BTW- I seriously doubt that Russell Targ has actually traveled or remote viewed anything since his assessment does not agree with what I have personally experienced."

Are you serious? You feel that you are more experienced in the remote viewer experience than Russell Targ? I would like to know more about your experiences along this line also about your Visitor guide
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

animalspirits

Post Number: 10237
Posted on Friday, August 19, 2011 - 9:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

MS,

Yeah, she is far more adept...and if I were Her I wouldn't breathe a word of it here on this site.

All she will get is the usual fear mongering from the trolls and scaredy cats (sorry Cat, did mean to disparage you...it's another one of those stupid Human sayings). Meow!
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred. ~Yotee Coyote

Blog: http://animalspirits--withoutfear.blogspot.com

Buddie

Post Number: 4543
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What is it called when you
find yourself in your Living
Room .. but things are not as
they should be.. my TV was ON
and I 'Knew' its Off..thats
when I went back to bed through
my feet..I think??

what happened to me..I remember
this happening at least twice?

animalspirits

Post Number: 10240
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 4:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie,

It's an OBE. Remember that you are not travelling as a physical human but as a soul. You can move in time.

As for going back into your body through your feet, you can go back into it at any place.

Maybe Coyote was helping you and said "Well, let's put her back in through her foots."

Sounds like something he would do to me and then roll on the floor laughing his rear off.

Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred. ~Yotee Coyote

Blog: http://animalspirits--withoutfear.blogspot.com

Buddie

Post Number: 4547
Posted on Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 5:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It didn't bother me..
I have a few others
That are rememberable..

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2818
Posted on Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 1:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I haven't had any out of body experiences lately, at least none that I remember, though one time while laying in bed a few weeks ago it did feel like my whole body was vibrating.

kathy decker
Username: fand

Post Number: 76
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 4:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That is,as I am sure you know,a signal of the onset.I have had that too, but have not done any traveling in quite some time. I wonder what is up?

Buddie

Post Number: 5189
Posted on Friday, May 04, 2012 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We have turned into
our Mothers

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2852
Posted on Thursday, August 02, 2012 - 5:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Does anybody have any out-of-body experiences to report, or thoughts on the subject?

man in
Username: thirdpal

Post Number: 872
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 4:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Recently read Robert Monroe last two books. They are incredible. If you really want to know what happens after you die (OBE's are a sampling) read those books. Interesting to say the least. The Monroe Institute in Faber, VA has started to have open houses in which you can get on a list to experience Hemi-Sync. That is a technique of absorbing sound to put one in a state in which you can leave the body consciously, mind awake, body asleep. I attended one in November. The sessions are expensive, but you can get a feel for what can happen if you attend an open house, which is free. Two, hour long sessions.
I will probably go to a long session one of these days, when I can spare the time.

Beautiful country up there and Faber is an artsy community which is fairly liberal, especially compared with so many other spots in VA.

man in

Post Number: 873
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 4:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just backed up and looked at what people wrote earlier. The Monroe Institute is discussed above by some other folks who have spent some time there.

kathy decker
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 179
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2012 - 7:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I read Robert Monroe's book- I think it was called "Journeys out of the Body" or something like that in the early 1970's. Shortly thereafter I experiences a period of OOBE's that were intense and more real than life here in the body. I think aligning oneself with ley lines has a lot to do with traveling easily-have not been able to do it in such a controlled way since I moved from that location.

man in

Post Number: 894
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy, I really would recommend Monroe's last two books. I feel like he has explored the afterlife, by way of OBE, and his take on it surpasses any religion.

kathy decker
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 188
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 7:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I did quite a bit of exploring myself...would be interested in Monroe's take on it.

Jill
Username: jill

Post Number: 70
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 8:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm looking at the hemi-sync products from The Monroe Institute. Anyone have suggestions on where to start? I'm looking at Gateway Experience-Wave 1. I think there are folks here who have been to the Monroe Institute, hoping they can offer some insight on where to begin. Thanks!

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 4512
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 9:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I googled 'Hemi-Sync' and found this...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd_sl_9466qje7et_b?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahemi+sync&keywor ds=hemi+sync&ie=UTF8&psrk=hemi+sync+music
Our life is determined by the choices we make!

Jill

Post Number: 71
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 10:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Sharon. I'm not having trouble finding them online, I was really hoping to get some recommendations from people who have used them.

man in

Post Number: 907
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 11:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm still a neophyte with Hemi-Sync. I bought the first six sets of DVD's when I was at the institute recently, but I haven't given them a good enough chance yet. From reports, however, I was snoring pretty intensely.

But, as mentioned, I haven't given them a real chance yet.
Further up in the thread, there is a discussion about it, though I haven't read thru them thoroughly.

I don't really doubt that they work quite well, as so many have had success.

Jill

Post Number: 72
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 4:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

man in, thanks. Did you just visit the institute or did you go through a program there? And thanks for the suggestion to read further up this thread - I will do that!

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 4513
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 4:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Jill, You're welcome!

I've never played any of them but after seeing them, I might try one in particular. They sound interesting!
Our life is determined by the choices we make!

man in

Post Number: 909
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 5:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

HI Jill,
they just started having free Open Houses this past Sept. I went to one in November and there is or was one this month. Check out their website. It's free, and you can experience two sessions, each about an hour long. They serve lunch and the food is very good. At least that is how it was set up when I visited. Both sessions involve laying in bed (many beds, many rooms) putting on headphones, relaxing and listen to Hemi Sync. Robert Monroe speaks the objective is for your body to fall asleep but your mind stays awake. That is the point when all sorts of interesting things can happen.

Stephen in AZ

Post Number: 2958
Posted on Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 9:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This website has a free ebook on how to have an out of body experience:

http://obe4u.com/

Buddie

Post Number: 6200
Posted on Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 9:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Does it have a soft takeOff
and landing exersize..one of
my arms always smack me in
the Face dead weight :0)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: