Anyone use magicjack plus or somethin... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Living Off The Grid » Anyone use magicjack plus or something similar? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lily
Advanced Member
Username: lilaclily

Post Number: 281
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2012 - 9:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Instead of the regular landline?
-:---.God and the Universe Love and Adore you, bringing you Mystical, Wonderful Gifts each moment :-...

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 6158
Posted on Friday, April 06, 2012 - 1:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have come close to trying this...or something similar, due to the high cost of my landline....but I am still to afraid to let go of my landline.

During Hurricane Ike, if my sister had not had a landline, and a corded telephone, we would have been unable to communicate for 10 days.
"In the end, only kindness matters."

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 6159
Posted on Friday, April 06, 2012 - 1:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And......I doubt that it's a stretch to say that within 10 years, maybe even within 5 years????, we will no longer have land lines as an option.
"In the end, only kindness matters."

Hagbard Celine
Username: hagbard

Post Number: 25
Posted on Friday, April 06, 2012 - 6:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We use a "regular" PC based Magic Jack in Brazil with a local number to communicate with our family. It works like a champ as long as no one there is downloading large files. They only have DSL there so bandwidth use is pretty good. We also use Vonage for our "land line" here and unlimited international long distance rocks as well.

anna
Username: anna

Post Number: 3505
Posted on Friday, April 06, 2012 - 2:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I still have a landline, very good for emergency, and a non electric phone too....
http://energy-creations.blogspot.com/

http://littlehomesteadinboise.blogspot.com/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: