NEW!... not always showing up Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

The Board » NEW!... not always showing up « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 3701
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 9:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW, I did that too for about a week. My inbox could have more than 40 new messages in it. I didn't know the board was so busy at times.

I couldn't keep up so had to stop doing that.
Our life is determined by the choices we make!

Astro
Username: astroboy

Post Number: 6508
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Plus, that way, I get to see posts that are posted and then deleted!"

Finally figured that out, didya?
"...and the Lion roams..."

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 5178
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2011 - 1:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Astro, actually, I "finally" figured it out a LONG time ago.

---------

Sharon, yes, I agree, it is a LOT of emails, especially on some days. But, I probably have more "time on my hands" than some others do. Besides, like I said, I only get emails for threads I like to read, and I would be spending pretty much the same amount of time reading them on the board anyway.

It was just a suggestion that might not work for everyone.
"In the end, only kindness matters."

Smith
Intermediate Member
Username: fractld

Post Number: 128
Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 12:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

maybe found a work around for
not showing up.
go back to thread you just posted in,
go to 'Add Your Message Here'(a new post)and
click on the smily icon and then when that opens
click on new and then post that icon without
logging in, get the error message and exit thread

Stephen Tenace
Username: manymansions2

Post Number: 49
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 3:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

test
"Fear is the Thief of Dreams"

Stephen Tenace

Post Number: 50
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 3:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

test 2

Stephen Tenace

Post Number: 53
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 3:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

test 3

Whitley Strieber
Username: strieber

Post Number: 789
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 1:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A lot of people have left the board recently. Anyone know why? Is it that the software is compromised. We've had a massive attrition.

buu
Username: buu

Post Number: 1499
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 5:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Do you mean they haven't logged in or that they cancelled their account? The board seems to be working normally for me on my old Mac.

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 9819
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 7:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Whitley,

The 'new' doesn't show up for me now either. I just signed up to get emails for all new posts and when I first go to the board I click on the 'topics' at the top of the page and it brings up the latest entries for me.

That one inconvenience is certainly not sufficient for me to leave the board.

I understand that you can't change anything as the company is out of business and I sure don't want all our past posts lost. There is way too much history there.

As to why people are leaving, perhaps it is part of a normal cycle. I do know that a lot of the people that don't post to the board anymore are on Facebook (and friends of mine now). I have begun to share news stories from UC on my facebook page in hopes of drawing them to UC.

IMO, the board has been rather quiet recently.

I also try and get people to become subscribers so they can do the chats and listen to the interviews that are 'subscriber only'. I recently re-upped for another year, even though I wasn't due to do so until December of this year. I did have to email you all in order to do that as there is no longer a feature that allows for early renewal. You might want to look into that as it is part of your new site.
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

Blog: http://animalspirits--withoutfear.blogspot.com

flux
Intermediate Member
Username: flux

Post Number: 139
Posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 5:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It is not surprising and with continued neglect perhaps the choir preaching to the choir will suffice. This BBS is antiquated and essentially part of history.
If you have read any of the posts, they are from that point on ...... archived!!

If any party considers their reply so important to any current discussion that you find it too inconvenient to type the "historical" information, then cut and paste it from where ever you have it stored.
In terms of the web and its users this 10+ y.o. software, properly functioning, is just short of the paleolithic!!
They will go elsewhere. And have!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: