W/Micah Hanks Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Dreamland » W/Micah Hanks « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark A. Foster
Intermediate Member
Username: markfoster

Post Number: 191
Posted on Monday, April 29, 2013 - 5:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I really enjoyed Anne’s and Whitley’s interviews of Micah Hanks.

Hanks' views of speculation are similar to the approach taken by the originator of (British) Critical Realism, Roy Bhaskar. This philosophy has been dominated by philosophers and social scientists (especially sociologists).

All of a sudden, in 2000, Roy published a new book, "From East to West: Odyssey of a Soul." He began the book by elaborating his previous human incarnations. That book was followed by the third "turn" of Critical Realism, i.e., metaReality.

Immediately, there was a split. Many, perhaps most, of the continental and analytic philosophers and the social scientists who identified with Critical Realism rejected the third turn. They argued, incorrectly in my view, that Bhaskar had abandoned Critical Realism for objective idealism (Platonism).

Others, like myself, were excited by the third turn. Bhaskar’s approach now brought my approach to sociology into alignment with my approach to spirituality - going back to the early 1970s.

As Hanks said, there is nothing wrong with speculation. Critical Realism is a type of speculative and representational realism. My own speculations have allowed me to integrate my sociology with my view of 14 dimensions (or worlds), my approach to meditation (Heartfulness Inquiry), and my thoughts on departed and transterrestrial beings.

Some of the transterrestrials might, as Anne said, might even be transtemporals or time travelers. Others could be visionary or spiritual experiences.
Cheers, Mark
Portal to 29 domains: http://www.markfoster.net
Radio Show: http://www.markalanfoster.com

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: