Archive through May 11, 2011 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Superstorm / Climate Change » Post Your Weird Weather Here » Archive through May 11, 2011 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

badpony
Advanced Member
Username: badpony

Post Number: 266
Posted on Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 3:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In the Straits of Juan de Fuca? I can't remember when the last big snow here was, but I know we were stuck up here on the hill, and a 'friend' of mine (who was a tweeker) was supposed to come up with her 4-wheel drive so I and my neighbours could get some groceries...that wasn't pleasant! And I don't just mean the snow...LOL

anna
Username: anna

Post Number: 3277
Posted on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Record highs here, still 65+, supposed to drop 15 degrees this weekend, hopefully for good. Turkey day two weeks away and 67, ugh :-(
"To insist that the only reality are phenomenon that can be submitted to the paradigm of classical science is itself a religion" - Dietrick Thomson, Science Magazine

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3278
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 1:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Supposed to snow by Monday night :-)

(Message edited by anna on November 07, 2010)
"To insist that the only reality are phenomenon that can be submitted to the paradigm of classical science is itself a religion" - Dietrick Thomson, Science Magazine

Energy-Creations.com

esotericha
Advanced Member
Username: esotericha

Post Number: 269
Posted on Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 7:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

>>When I was a kid, we used to get big, deep snows...now we seldom get any

too many people pushing too many ways? - hmmmm

cataloochee ski area (in the smoky mountains) got natural snow and opened early - http://www.cataloochee.com/report/index.php

anna

Post Number: 3281
Posted on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waiting for the white stuff. I wish for a SNOW DAY!!! :-)

Energy-Creations.com

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3657
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 1:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I find it really unusual..
The weather yesterday was
FOGGED IN.. during the morning
hours..by Noon it burned off..
and was 13 degrees and Sunny..
Until 5 pm and the Sun was no
longer strong enough Then we
were FOGGED IN until just now
and the sun is beginning to
shine..if things remain the
same we will be FOGGED in again
by 5PM..weird for this area..but
I don't mind FOG as Thick as Pea
Soup..just hope folks are not caught
in it while driving..

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 3627
Posted on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We're having 'Indian Summer' here in Central Ohio. Its been balmy and beautiful the past week. In the 70s most days. I'll take it while it lasts.

Winter will be here soon enough. I don't like the cold at all.
Our life is determined by the choices we make!

Buddie

Post Number: 3669
Posted on Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 2:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just got home and the Wind
pitched UP a Lot..
watched 2 cloud fronts
merging..one from the South
the other from the West..
actually saw a small tornado
forming WAY UP THERE then it
dissipated..as the Stronger
Southern Front merged across
what was left of the blue sky
now pouring rain..its cool living
7 floors up :-)

anna

Post Number: 3283
Posted on Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cold settling in here, supposed to snow on and off next week! Yeah! I love the white stuff...

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3284
Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 1:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Small today, now big snowstorm ready to hit nest 2 days, yeah! Glad I'm not travelling!

Energy-Creations.com

Victoria
Username: victoria

Post Number: 763
Posted on Sunday, November 21, 2010 - 3:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Anna,
I hope your girls (the hens) will be nice and comfy-warm... burrrr heading your way! ~ V
Too many people enjoy the comfort of opinion
without struggling through the labor of thought. JFK

Victoria

Post Number: 765
Posted on Monday, November 22, 2010 - 9:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Heavy snow and blow (up to 60mph) here on the Pacific NW Coast, from Olympia to Vancouver. Unusually early winter weather... from El Nino effect, probably.

Great for skiers though!

anna

Post Number: 3289
Posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 - 7:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

High today 20, 4 degrees last night. Girls got warm oatmeal w/raisens after dark, and first thing this morning. Heat lamp's on, just too cold... I'm hoping it will snow this weekend, which means a wam up :-)

Energy-Creations.com

Victoria

Post Number: 771
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 2:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

3 inches of new snow here on the NW coast this morning... more to come!

I wonder if the girls are "giving thanks" for being chickies and not turkeys? (Chortle!)

Happy TG! ;-)

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 9153
Posted on Thursday, November 25, 2010 - 3:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Anna better not eat my Pru. I am connected to that Hen!

Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

anna

Post Number: 3290
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 3:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I see that :-) They're happy, new bedding, heat, treats, very well fed and content... We only eat their eggs!

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3291
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 3:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'll put some new winter, snow pics on my chicken page and post a link.

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3292
Posted on Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 6:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

New pics of Pru :-) And the other 2 as well...

http://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=52301

Energy-Creations.com

Victoria

Post Number: 780
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 7:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Anna ~ I saw the big river-rocks lining the path to the girls' crib. They look like giant eggs! Maybe you should paint them gold, and the girls'll take a hint and lay some "golden-eggs!" ;-)

allen
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 2311
Posted on Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 9:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's some weird weather alright.

anna

Post Number: 3295
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 11:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ha! Today- Major storm ranks in top 10 on record in Boise- from the local weather man.

We got 8" of snow since about 1 pm yesterday, no school, woo hoo! BUT I think this is a sign of ongoing weather pattern changes. We seem to get more snow of some kind of every winter (we didn't for years), and now it's escalating to MORE snow overall. The national weather service really missed the boat, predicting 1-3", we got 8" and it's still snowing...

Energy-Creations.com

Victoria

Post Number: 794
Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 7:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Anna ~ time to polish up those cross-country skis! Have some fun and make some snow angels for me, K?

allan
Username: allan

Post Number: 19
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well looks like it may be happening again. Last year was a colder winter in SW Florida than anyone around here could remember and the weather records showed it to be true. I just checked the temps for todays date back to 1946 and found the avg low temp to be around 70. 2007 low was 68.9, 2008 was 65.9, last year was 58.3 and last night it got down to 41.2 degrees. Thats almost 30 degrees below avg in 64 years of records. I don't know if this really means anything but it sure feels quite a bit different from the 80's we had last week. Time to go up in the attic and find some warm clothes for sure..........

anna

Post Number: 3296
Posted on Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 7:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Raining today, roads a mess, really wet!

Energy-Creations.com

Buddie

Post Number: 3750
Posted on Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 2:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Looks like the kids in most
of the UK are enjoying the Snow :-)

anna

Post Number: 3297
Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I added more pics!
http://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=52301

Energy-Creations.com

allan

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 10:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nice pic's anna and site. Just had to type in and say my current temp down here is 34 degrees and it is going below freezing tonight. I am over 100 miles south of Tampa and can not believe it...........

anna

Post Number: 3298
Posted on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 12:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brrrr, that cold dude!!! Gray, cold and foggy here, waiting for the sun...

Energy-Creations.com

allan

Post Number: 23
Posted on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 9:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well we are back below freezing here again tonight. Wind chills in the mid 20's. For 24 hours we have had gale warnings up and a constant 35 knot wind with gusts to 45 knots. Wave heights in the gulf off Charlotte Harbor are 9 to 12 feet and from 20 to 60 nautical miles waves are 14 to 18 feet. That is really kicking. Not to much boating going on....

animalspirits

Post Number: 9247
Posted on Monday, December 13, 2010 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

allan,

Those idiot weather forecasters said we were going to have a mild, dry winter.

Idiots! We are breaking records here for low temperatures.

~Yotee Coyote

Blog: http://animalspirits--withoutfear.blogspot.com/

Sharon2

Post Number: 3654
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 3:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Winter hasn't even officially started and we had 4 degrees last night!!! That's freakin' cold even for January, in central Ohio!!!

The local schools around here have already used up their allotted three days off. If it keeps this up, they'll be going all summer!

ManyMansions
Username: manymansions

Post Number: 5037
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 12:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

RAIN... in So Cali forecast for the next 12 days. Personally, I love it. We need it.
... Fear is the Thief of Dreams! ...

animalspirits

Post Number: 9290
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 4:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Australia Summer Marked By Snow, Heavy Flooding

~Yotee Coyote

Blog: http://animalspirits--withoutfear.blogspot.com

animalspirits

Post Number: 9313
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We are having snow flurries here in Tallahassee.

Geez....

~Yotee Coyote

lisa
Advanced Member
Username: thunderchicken

Post Number: 218
Posted on Sunday, December 26, 2010 - 4:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in southwest florida (an hour south of sarasota) it is 51 degrees and windy as hell. Weird.
The circle of life sure has some sharp edges!

anna

Post Number: 3305
Posted on Friday, December 31, 2010 - 9:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Colder than usual, 20 degrees below usual, but sunny!

Energy-Creations.com

Sharon2

Post Number: 3697
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 12:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Happy New Year!

Today it was like spring for the first time in ages.
The snow on the ground finally melted.
It almost made it to fifty.

Buddie

Post Number: 3813
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 6:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Same here S2..
10 C..50 F and fogged in this morning..
we have no snow yet but we did have
wind ~~~chills~~~~ Brrrrr..
Plenty of snow in the Snowbelt areas
but thats expected..I'm lov'en any warmth
we get in January :-) and that also is not
new..alas I guess I have nothing 'weird' to
report in here

Sharon2

Post Number: 3699
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 9:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, Buddie, I thought it was always cold in Canada ;-)

Buddie

Post Number: 3817
Posted on Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

its our little secret

Ldyhawk369
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 1050
Posted on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - 8:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Too much snow!!! My car looks like a big white lump. Still snowing ,must be over a foot of new snow on top of the previous storms. Dreaming of spring!!!

anna

Post Number: 3307
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lots of very cold temps last several weeks, now pouring rain and mild...
http://www.cartville.com/app/?af=1287624

Energy-Creations.com

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 5236
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 11:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, it's really cold here, too, but not having to deal with all the snow or other extremes.

***Knocks on wood***

The lows have been into the upper teens, until tonight. It's only supposed to get down to 27 tonight, and be back up to 70 by Monday or so.

I hope you all are staying safe and warm, despite conditions.

Yep, I am dreaming of spring, too.

I want to live in Arizona, around the Scottsdale area!

Like that would ever happen!
"In the end, only kindness matters."

john
Advanced Member
Username: zentarantino

Post Number: 273
Posted on Friday, January 14, 2011 - 8:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here have 24 hour a day coverage of the Queensland floods. It has been well paced for television, floods in Rockhampton, then an inland tsunami in Toowoomba, which is about 700m above sea level, then flooding imminent for the capital Brisbane, which is past the peak now. Floods now occurring in northern NSW, and now in Victoria. QLD Premier said about 3/4 of the state was affected by floods, not sure of that accuracy. Now floods in Victoria, but Victoria is very different to QLD. The sky actually looks bigger in QLD. Any time there is some heavy rain in Victoria there are reports of flooding somewhere, but it is serious in some parts of the state. Then reports of many dead in floods in Brazil. Then watching Letterman and reports of blizzards coming, but accuracy is difficult on that show. And also reports of flooding in Germany due to snow melting.

The phrase 'inland tsunami' has been doing the rounds in the media. It annoyed me for a while because I assumed tsunami only referred to water from seismic activity. I first heard it said by a policeman during a TV report, which could have been the first use.

(Message edited by zentarantino on January 14, 2011)

Buddie

Post Number: 3854
Posted on Friday, January 14, 2011 - 9:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks John..
I've seen many vidoes in Canada
and its Awfull..I Pray YOU and
NINA and both your Families are safe

Nina if you can please log in

ManyMansions

Post Number: 5426
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Huge Ring Appears Over Australia, is HAARP involved?
http://vaticproject.blogspot.com/2011/01/huge-ring-appears-over-australia-is.htm l

ManyMansions

Post Number: 5427
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Recent Circles & Rings Discovered in Ice, Clouds
and Radar Returns Raise Serious Questions
http://www.colinandrews.net/OtherCircles.html

Geoff
Username: geoff

Post Number: 1233
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 6:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

MM, that ring over Australia is an old story from early 2010. It was a false reading caused by a glitch in the radar system. It actually happens quite often.

ManyMansions

Post Number: 5431
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the update... I appreciate that, Geoff.

ManyMansions

Post Number: 5432
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 12:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

For us in California...

Scientists Detail Super-Storm Threat to California
http://abcnews.go.com/Travel/wireStory?id=12620620

anna

Post Number: 3308
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 8:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

MM, yes could be HAARP, or something similar. We just had near record highs, major flooding locally after heavy rain on frozen ground, ugh!

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3309
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 8:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting article on Cal. Having grown up there, they are not prepared for huge deluges, since most of the state (populated areas) are heavily paved in concrete, heat islands, etc. No where for the water to go. Even the flash flood canals aren't that big....

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3310
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 8:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And tonite it's supposed to snow :-) Almost 60 yesterday...

Energy-Creations.com

susi
Username: etsi

Post Number: 3905
Posted on Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it's going down to 15* tonight! set a record.

unbelievable!
sure you can trust the government....just ask an indian.

anna

Post Number: 3330
Posted on Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Swings here, within 20 degrees back and forth. I just wish we'd get some serious rain, it's so dry. My back yard looks like a frozen dust bowl :-(

Energy-Creations.com

susi
Username: etsi

Post Number: 3987
Posted on Monday, February 28, 2011 - 11:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

the day after it was 15* it was in the 70's.

last night it froze and today it will be in the 80's.

crazy!
sure you can trust the government....just ask an indian.

man in
Username: thirdpal

Post Number: 560
Posted on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 - 7:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It was around 70 degrees in my part of NC last week. Yesterday morning we had 2 inches of snow, all melted by the afternoon. Weird.

anna

Post Number: 3348
Posted on Sunday, April 03, 2011 - 2:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It was a record high Friday, almost 70, then a high yesterday of 48, down to 30 last night...

Energy-Creations.com

cmi517
Advanced Member
Username: cmi517

Post Number: 256
Posted on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 8:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last night we had a severe thunderstorm, like everyone else in the south (I'm in Birmingham, AL). As the storm passed, I was lying down in the den, with a view of the sky and the mountain just south of our home. It was around 8:30 pm.

In my time I have seen blue-white lightning (usually in a snowstorm), I have seen ball lightning, but last night I saw lightning, as the storm was subsiding, that was, I kid you not, turquoise. Perhaps there is some sort of optical/natural explanation for this, but has anyone seen lightning like this? Just one flash, and I did not actually see the "finger projection", just the flash in the sky.

animalspirits

Post Number: 9844
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 4:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Am I the only one watching these tornadoes on the Weather Channel?

Yesterday one formed 10 miles north of where my sister lives near Jackson, MS and stayed on the ground for 200 miles.

Pictures of the one that hit Raleigh, NC looks like it is a couple of miles wide.

Now they just showed a triplet...three tornadoes side-by-side in North Carolina, I believe.

...and this is not the peak season for them, May is.

...and its snowing in the North.

Roscoe woke me up at 4:30 AM here, just in time to shut everything down. He took care of the huge super cell that was headed for us. He took good care of my Sister also as their tornadoes went right north and south of them. I was looking at the live radar for where they live, and I swear he jumped the worst part of another super cell past them. They were just getting the leading edge and then 2 minutes later the whole cell was past them. I have no clue how he does that, but he has done it for us here too.

~Yotee Coyote

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 4701
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 9:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The best word to describe conditions in Texas: FIRE!

bidaabin
Intermediate Member
Username: bidaabin

Post Number: 161
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In light of today's (last night's) tragedy in the South, I have been made aware of a youtube video posted 2 days ago that actually predicted this to happen and said it was due to HAARP. Please watch and decide for yourself if you think this could be true. Very sad times. I am praying for those in the areas that have been hit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-8YIEA6J4s
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” (author unknown)

animalspirits

Post Number: 9891
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 2:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It just looks like various radar sites overlapping. It is normal to see squares and circles like that if one of the radar sites is either not functioning correctly, it's view is affected by weather, or there isn't a radar site in the vicinity. I see that all the time and have for years.

Also, I don't know whose radar he was using. Half the time I could not even get Accuweather's radar to come up and I know the Weather Channel was having trouble with their radar because they kept saying so.

As for this being HAARP, don't believe it for a minute.

Also, I don't believe he was accurate in his predictions either. My Sister told me that this weather was coming in to them 4 days before it hit and that it was going to be very bad. It was predicted by the weather people...so this guy's 'predictions' weren't anything new.

But Hey! If people want to believe it is the evil ones and their HAARP machine doing this, have at it.

~Yotee Coyote

bidaabin
Intermediate Member
Username: bidaabin

Post Number: 163
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 3:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for the input AS, I can always count on you to give me the best advice. A friend emailed me that link and I thought that I would post it and see what responses I would get or if anyone else had heard of this before. I do not believe anything that does not "speak" to me somehow. This is why I posted for everyone to decide for themselves.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” (author unknown)

mthood
Advanced Member
Username: dspaulding

Post Number: 251
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 3:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

cold, cold, cold and rainy spring. Crazy weather down south. crazy.

anna

Post Number: 3351
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 2:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Coldest April on record ever. It was 34 last night, high yesterday high was 45. Supposed to moderate to 70 next week. This is a real trend I have seen here for the last 2 years- cold/wet spring then going into a moderate summer. Then hot late in the summer. We had more snow than usual too, and 0 degree weather in late Nov...

Energy-Creations.com

kyle
Intermediate Member
Username: kyle

Post Number: 128
Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 10:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If this isn't a scene from the 'Day After Tomorrow,' i don't know what is.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110503/us_yblog_thelookout/double-wat erspouts-form-off-hawaii-shore

Mike
Intermediate Member
Username: xevious

Post Number: 179
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 8:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was checking the infrared satellite view and noticed that a well developed system is forming with a large pool of cool air being dragged down from the north behind it. I'm sure when this hits the areas already previously impacted by the series of storms, it's bound to be much worse. I hope not but I thought I'd mention it.

http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_vis.php?image=ir&inv=0&t=l12&region=us

allan

Post Number: 28
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 3:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I must say this huge circling double low pressure system in the Atlantic is very interesting. It has been growing larger for the last couple of days. Can't say I have ever seen anything quite like it?

animalspirits

Post Number: 9947
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

allan,

Can you provide a link to the images you are seeing? I can't find one.

Thanks!

~Yotee Coyote

allan

Post Number: 29
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 4:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This is a good one.......

http://www.orbit.nesdis.noaa.gov/smcd/opdb/aviation/loops/realtime/atlwv_loope.h tml

animalspirits

Post Number: 9948
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 4:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

allan,

Did you see an eye form in that thing and then collapse?

Is it me or is is it drifting Eastward?

Man, that thing is odd.

~Yotee Coyote

allan

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 5:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes spirits I have been watching it since Sunday night and it's had that eye several times. Mostly these things just drift off or get pushed off to the east after a day or less. This one is just sitting there and appears to be getting larger. The drift back towards the US is very odd. Just have to see what it does next.....

anna

Post Number: 3360
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 7:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, my thread has been on here for 6 years!!!

Still we have snow up in the foothills, but supposed to be 80 by Sat...

Energy-Creations.com

chesserw
Intermediate Member
Username: chesserw

Post Number: 200
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

These are from a site I get e-mail info from.

Spectacular CME, active region approaching Earth
http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2011/05/11/approaching-active-region/

* Italians tremble at prediction of May 11 Earthquake
http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2011/05/11/italians-tremble-at-prediction-of-ma y-11-earthquake/

* Multiple vortex forming over Northern America
http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2011/05/11/multiple-vortex-forming-over-norther n-america/

* Highest water level for Memphis since 1937
http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2011/05/11/highest-water-level-for-memphis-sinc e-1937/

* Comet hit the Sun?
http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2011/05/11/comet-hit-the-sun/
God give me the grace to accept the things that I cannot change. And grant unto me the power to change the things that I cannot accept.