Archive through November 03, 2010 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Superstorm / Climate Change » Post Your Weird Weather Here » Archive through November 03, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graciesmom
Username: jmm

Post Number: 35
Posted on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 1:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We're in the middle of "Snowmaggedon: Chapter Two" here in central PA. We got over six inches last night, and another foot is expected today. It's like a blizzard out there right now, but so far, we still have electricity. DD got a great video of Gracie and I romping in the snow this morning, before it got bad out. School was canceled today and for TOMORROW already, too. DH may have to hunker down in town for the night. Snowfall records will be the biggest in U.S. HISTORY in D.C., Philly, Baltimore, and elsewhere!
"Even some in the Obama White House secretly wonder if the wonder from Wrentham, Mass., is The One," Maureen Dowd

"I do not believe in coincidences," George Noory

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 2994
Posted on Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 1:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As long as the electic stays on, it's amazing! If the power goes out, it will be a nightmare!
Good luck Gracies!
"Thought is a Creative Force!"

Sharon2

Post Number: 3026
Posted on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 7:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another bad storm yesterday and snowed in today!
I feel like I'm living in Minnesota! The accumulated snow in our yard is over our knees!

Ohio State campus is closed today! They hardly ever do that!

cmi517
Advanced Member
Username: cmi517

Post Number: 230
Posted on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I live in Alabama, snow is rare but not unheard of. Friday the 12th we got 3--4 inches, that much IS pretty rare. Sunday, it rained briefly and iced up the roads. Monday at 5 pm news, the weatherman says--snow is on the way tonight, and yes, we got a couple of inches within two hours of his forecast (usually they forecast snow events about a week in advance--events that never happen). I am amazed that we heard nothing about last night's snow until about 30 minutes before it happened!

anna
Username: anna

Post Number: 2642
Posted on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 11:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

54 today, way too warm, too early.... Send us some freaking snow and cold!!!
Energy-Creations.com

gridghost
Intermediate Member
Username: gridghost

Post Number: 142
Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 8:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, i'd be all to happy to change with you. Right now we are having the coldest and snowiest winter in decades. Another snow-warning is on the weather-forecast telling about 10 - 20 cm of snow coming this night... and we've already up to our thighs in snow.
"Life is like a golfball. A series of hard blows, just to end up in a hole in the ground"

NATiVE ALiEN
Username: blue_screen

Post Number: 3534
Posted on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i live in Philly and i've seen things this year that i've never witnessed before...like record snowfalls... insects flying amid snowflakes in January and February and wild flowers blooming on my lawn in freezing weather...

not to mention birds flying south for the winter not in early November as they usually do but in early January...everything seems to be out of whack.
"This gets me to a question that returns to my mind practically every day of my life: what are the visitors?"

Whitley Strieber

NATiVE ALiEN

Post Number: 3606
Posted on Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 3:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Finally the 71.2 inches of snow melted on my lawn...and sure enough...the purple wild flowers are still blooming...how beautifully bizarre...
"This gets me to a question that returns to my mind practically every day of my life: what are the visitors?"

Whitley Strieber

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 2615
Posted on Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 5:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We have no snow ..
(Thank you Pennsylvania) :-)

Its 32 degrees F today..
warm enough for this Canuck
to be on the balcony watching
the sun go down and finally
give the cat a Much needed
brushing.. Life is good :-)

anna

Post Number: 2645
Posted on Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 6:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Finally cooled off, to 20's at night, 30's day, a little snow yesterday...
Energy-Creations.com

NATiVE ALiEN

Post Number: 3610
Posted on Sunday, February 21, 2010 - 6:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Buddie..."You've Got A Friend In Pennsylvania" was our states motto from 1983 to 1999...now i think its.. "If Ya Don't Own a Snow Blower Stay Out of Pennsylvania"...

Whitley Strieber

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 4027
Posted on Monday, February 22, 2010 - 9:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We are forecast to have up to 3 inches of snow overnight and tomorrow.

Last time they forecast snow, about 2 weeks ago, it didn't happen.

Praying that it won't this time.

Yes, I know 3 inches is nothing compared to other people. But for where I live, it's significant.
"In the end, only kindness matters."

Second Wind

Post Number: 4065
Posted on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 6:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So.....the Weather Channel says we now have an accumulation on the ground of 2.5 inches.

I went out and stuck a ruler in the snow at the flattest part of my yard, and it sunk to 4 inches.

It is still snowing, and they are predicting more....I think they said up to 2 inches more.

It's pretty.....but every bone in my body aches.

Ah, well.

There are poor people freezing. And I am counting my blessings. Yes, really!

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 1382
Posted on Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 1:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Expecting a blizzard tomorrow-a foot to two feet of heavy wet snow combined with 50 mph winds-ugh!They are calling it a snow hurricane-shades of Whitleys superstorm!Expecting it to be a monster.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Second Wind

Post Number: 4108
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

You and everyone dealing with these monster storms, are in my thoughts and prayers.

In fact, I worry A LOT about this; about what we are not hearing in MSM about how many people are suffering, perhaps dying, as a result of these storms, and the power outages that result.

It is terryfying.

Please post again, and let me/us know you are allright, okay?

kathy decker

Post Number: 1384
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 3:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Right now it has been snowing since early morning-but the snow is starting to get heavier and the wind is increasing.

They are saying that the worst of the storm will arrive this evening and continue overnight, with heavier snow and winds gusting to 50 mph..

I hope we don't lose power-but if we do, we will still have heat because we have a gas fireplace.I have no intentions of going out-my work has been canceled,so I will just hunker down and wait it out.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Sharon2

Post Number: 3041
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 3:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, Kathy! I hope you get through your monster storm without too many problems. Let us know what it's like to have two feet of snow from one storm!

kathy decker

Post Number: 1386
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 6:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

haha-we had over three feet in 1993-then it melted real fast and flooded the basement!
It is beautiful to look at though,sitting indoors by the fire sipping red wine.....

kathy decker

Post Number: 1387
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just watched Mike Seidel on the Weather Channel-he is here in the Binghamton area-he said the snow is powdery, not wet and heavy. It may drift a lot more, but power outages are less likely.

Sure is beautiful out there right now,wind blowing sparkling snow across the yard,everything looking pure and white, like Mother Nature just changed the bed linens.

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 6992
Posted on Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 9:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy,

It sounds beautiful. I hope you don't lose power, etc...and that you can enjoy its beauty.

Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

Second Wind

Post Number: 4126
Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 8:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy, I just looked at your current conditions and forecast. You are in my prayers, and I hope that you are able to continue to enjoy the beauty, with none of the danger!

I'm glad to hear that you have a gas fireplace. I have a gas starter in my fireplace, but no gas logs. I am deathly allergic to wood smoke, so I cannot burn wood. Once in a while, I burn one of the fire log things, but just for ambience.

Obviously, the snow we had the other day (I ended up with 5.5 inches) is nothing compared to what you and others are dealing with. But, like I said, where I live, even a couple of inches of snow is a rare thing.

It was beautiful to look at here, as well. And it only snowed for less than 24 hours, and was mostly all melted by the end of the next day.

The way things are going, it appears that the time is coming when even places like where I live will no longer be "safe" from the extremes of weather.

kathy decker

Post Number: 1388
Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 1:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I am worried about my mom. She lives in cornwall, in Orange County NY. There are massive power outages there, the phones are not working (even cell phones) and she is alone in a big house, maybe with no heat.she is 84. I called my daughter, but we lost service. I managed to connect with her on facebook, and she said she will look in on my mom and try to get her to someplace warm if she has no power.

kathy decker

Post Number: 1389
Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 1:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My daughter just called-my mom's old land line works intermittantly-it went in and out and we could barely hear one another.
Mom is fine-refuses to leave the house-but a neighbor came by and shoveled her snow. He has a woodstove and will keep checking on her until my sister can get there tomorrow. Mom has no power or heat, but the neighbors are all home and she will go to them for help if need be.
I threatened her and told her I nearly called the police and she got angry, but at least I think I got through to her about the severity of the situation.

animalspirits

Post Number: 7003
Posted on Friday, February 26, 2010 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Kathy,

That is good news.

They are not easy at that age. Threatening to call the police was good as it made her understand better. She won't be mad at you for long.

You are a very good daughter...and your Mother know it.

~Yotee Coyote

anna

Post Number: 2685
Posted on Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 8:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yo, yoing here- 29 yesterday morning, and almost 65 today....
Energy-Creations.com

Deni
Username: denidani

Post Number: 85
Posted on Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 7:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Did other areas in the U.S. went from having a long winter (cooler temperatures) to sudden warm, almost summer temperatures? I live in Florida and it seems that we didn't have Spring this year... I mean that there wasn't a gradual warming, but a sudden warming... at least it seems that way to me.

anna

Post Number: 2688
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 - 12:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Snowed off and on last week, then 57 yesterday. Now 27 tonite, 60 forecast for Sat....
Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 2767
Posted on Monday, May 03, 2010 - 7:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We are still going thru a yo-yo- 65 today, 32 tonite, 45 tomorrow. Winter, then spring. Record lows predicted the next few days. Ugh, 29?
Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 2775
Posted on Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 11:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another blast today, afer huge winds last night. Now they're talking snow/rain tomorrow! Brrrr...
Energy-Creations.com

allen
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 1893
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

anna, where are you?

anna

Post Number: 2777
Posted on Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 7:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Boise, and man, it's COLD! Wind and hail this afternoon, but no twisters! Forecast for tonite-
Scattered rain showers before midnight, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Areas of blowing dust before 9pm. Snow level 3200 feet. Cloudy, with a low around 31. I'll be wearing my winter jammies tonite :-)
Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 2788
Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've never had to wear my down coat to work before in May. I'm usually in light, short sleeve shirts and a windbreaker. This has been a really cold. long, wet spring, with record breaking cold. I think this trend will continue. It's like we get a hint of warmer, normal, temps and then it doesn't last...
Energy-Creations.com

Alen
Advanced Member
Username: slippywhnwet

Post Number: 240
Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It was cooler here,
I went out and bought,
some cognac,good stuff
wearing my Steff Miller,
Hoodie, It made a diff,
I still don't belief in
god, but i feel better about it
thank god for liquour stores
She's right mate
I could say more, but i
may,might be drunk now
but what the hell why not troll
on about the weathe since the birds
lost and there is life in the bottle,
and it is still not raining......here
but there are still afganis fathers defending there homes and still dying over there....
and I will be secure in mine if I don't have
bad dreams about Whitley's removed Implants
that he found up his butt. It could make a
differencr in his friend count don't you think.
Is Obama still president or is his wife yet.
War is still war.........last time I checked.
Hope you sleep well tonight anna..it could make
a difference

Sharon2

Post Number: 3215
Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 8:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We might get a 'Freeze' tonight in central Ohio! It's happened before but not very often this late.

I'm getting tired of dragging my potted plants into the garage over night.

anna

Post Number: 2790
Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, I usually have hanging baskets out on Mom's day, but it's been too cold. So will wait...
Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 2791
Posted on Sunday, May 09, 2010 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Alen, I think. And that's not where Whit's implant is...
Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 2807
Posted on Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 4:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A lot of record cold, lots of rain and I'm stuck inside wanting to garden, puring rain and 45, yuck!
Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 2809
Posted on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 1:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Snow and rain tonite, what month is this???
Energy-Creations.com

mthood
Advanced Member
Username: mthood

Post Number: 383
Posted on Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 3:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hmmm...94 yesterday, 91 today. about 20 some degrees above normal. We had a very warm and dry spring here in the Upper Midwest.
“Silence is golden, and duct tape is silver”

anna

Post Number: 2839
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2010 - 7:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Very unusual last 2 months- very wet (for here) and very cool. Usually I'm in summer clothes this time of year, today jeans and a flannel shirt. Cool and damp, was 70 yesterday, more rain tomorrow...
Energy-Creations.com

Sharon2

Post Number: 3274
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2010 - 8:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hot and humid in central Ohio. More like July than the end of May!

Skin Shed Mon
Username: shedmyskin

Post Number: 3139
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 5:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

How about a tornado in Bridgeport, CT. They are very rare here, although they do happen. Waterbury for example, which is not far off, has had 4 confirmed since 1955.

The crazy part for me is that...I was there. I was in the city hall building when it went through. What a crazy thing to see.

http://www.examiner.com/x-31031-Providence-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m6d25-Bridgep ort-CT-tornado-is-confirmed-by-Weather-Service-RI-escapes-severe-thunderstorms

I have some pictures on my facebook for anyone who is facebook friends with me, if not and you'd like to be shoot me a pm. Nothing to insane picture wise, just the parking lot of the city hall littered with trees and branches all our work van. The windows were pulsating in and out in the building, thought they were going to all blow out, one did in a stair well and water was coing down the stairs like a water fall.

I'm shocked no one was killed. 30 injured I think. There even pieces of a big street sign all shredded down to sheet metal from a highway bridge that goes over the city streets, big hunks of metal all down on the road, again, amazed no one was killed, and thank god! What an adventure. This was the 1st time I've worked in or even have been in Bridgeport, lol what were the odds!

Still a tough thing for that city, its not the best off city thats for sure, lots of poverty stricken areas and high crime rates, probably the last thing a lot of these people needed. There was a lot of property damage.
In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death. -Anne Frank

anna

Post Number: 3048
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That was a good reminder to have some extra food, water, batteries, etc. on hand... this kind of thing will probably keep getting worse, I'm afraid...
"To insist that the only reality are phenomenon that can be submitted to the paradigm of classical science is itself a religion" - Dietrick Thomson, Science Magazine

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3072
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

103 degrees 2 days ago, down to 75 in a few days. Not "normal"...
"To insist that the only reality are phenomenon that can be submitted to the paradigm of classical science is itself a religion" - Dietrick Thomson, Science Magazine

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3076
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In the 70's today, supposed to be 48 tonite and it's July!!! Brrrrrrrrr.......

Energy-Creations.com

Mike
Intermediate Member
Username: xevious

Post Number: 136
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 1:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In the 1970's, they had as much knowledge as today's forcasters, but with much more groove!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNOoBSkdOjo

Second Wind

Post Number: 4781
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 3:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's been raining almost nonstop for a week. Remnants of Alex.

There is not a day without rain in our forecast (as of this moment on The Weather Channel) until Monday, July 12th.

We were having record highs before the rains came......but, we still had already had WAY more rain than normal, even before Alex.

If there doesn't come a break soon, my grass is going to be a foot high. And the mosquitoes will be coming out, whereas, they HAD been almost nonexistent so far this season.

On the other hand, I have not had to run the air conditioning in over a week now, and things are sure looking green around here, and my water bill for June will be a lot less than it was for May!!

anna

Post Number: 3100
Posted on Sunday, July 11, 2010 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hot here, high 90's hotter than "normal" for now...

Energy-Creations.com

Second Wind

Post Number: 4819
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 2:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It is so strange. The weather here is much more like it used to be during late August/early September.

Even my neighbor commented that the light and the "feel" is more like fall.

The last several nights, it has been amazingly cool, and I have been able to open windows. In fact, it got super cool last night! I had to turn the ceiling fans on low!

The grass is even already starting to go dormant! This usually doesn't show up till late September.

My cats are shedding like crazy, and putting on thicker coats already. VERY unusual.

And the mosquitos! Don't even get me started on them!

animalspirits

Post Number: 8400
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 2:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SW,

Interesting that you are experiencing that type of weather.

Here, even though it is hot as a firecracker my fall plants are blooming now when they normally bloom in late August to mid September. I saw a wooly caterpillar last month that had the thickest 'wool' on it I have ever seen and that is about 2 months early as well.

Interesting. I wonder if we are in for a bad and early Winter. If so, the only up side to that for us is that the hurricanes will subside sooner and not be as bad in their peak of late Sept. through October.

Some of the trees have yellow leaves on them as well.

I guess time will tell....

~Yotee Coyote

Second Wind

Post Number: 4827
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 5:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, yellow leaves on some of the trees. I had not even consciously thought about that till you said it.

I have NOT seen any wooly caterpillars yet.

We had another strange thing this season; the profusion of SO MANY colorful butterflies really early in the season; then, they just disappeared in June.

We usually have lots of them in July, and then another crop in late August and September.

I am just now starting to see a few more showing up. Perhaps they will increase to "normal" for August, and then, the Monarchs will show up in September.

We had an absolute TON of ladybugs in May and June. But, they, too, have pretty much disappeared. I must admit, I don't know that much about what should be "normal", because they had become really rare for many years. I don't remember EVER seeing so many as we had this spring, even in my childhood.

Another "good thing" is that I have seen more bees this year, than for several years. That made me happy.....even though I am deathly allergic!

The humidity gets worse every year. Truly, this year, during June and early July, it was not that different than Houston, in terms of heat index due to humidity.

Some of what I am experiencing is probably due to "micro-climates" within town neighborhoods, and seems so different to me, because of all the years I spent out in the country, surrounded by cotton fields and mesquite-filled desert....where my little home was pretty much the only "oasis" within a hot dry wasteland.

It's entirely different in town, and after 20+ years out in the country, it seems like a different place.

I know one thing for sure, I RARELY dealt with the mosquito problem when I lived out in the desert country.....even though it was only 8 miles from where I live now!

da~an
Username: daan

Post Number: 6840
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

california over the past few years
has had endemic wildfires. now it's
moscow's turn, as forests are dry
inside unprecedented three digit heat.
moscow has smog clouds and the smell
of smoke. recently, i remember the day
when smoke from canadian fires situated
halfway between montreal and hudson's bay
had drifted down to me in N.E, right now
many muscovites must be in an AL GORE shock!
"up"

Victoria
Username: victoria

Post Number: 517
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 6:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I live on Juan de Fuca Strait and the spring and summer weather has been cool. We had ample rain during the spring and early summer, but the leaves on our big tree out on the front lawn has 1/2 the leave as normal, and the leaves which are usually larger than your hand, but they are 1/2 the size as normal. Mother Nature must be getting ready for something this fall/winter.
Too many people enjoy the comfort of opinion
without struggling through the labor of thought. JFK

Victoria

Post Number: 518
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 6:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

When we had that EMP hit us this week, everything, the sky, the grass, trees, cars, people, the whole atmosphere had a pink cast to it the entire time the sun was up. Even when it was partially hazy, the same atmospheric pink was visible to me for 3 whole days. Most other people couldn't see it, but I could and it was really strange. (I can see auras too, so maybe that's why I could see it and others could not!)

blue
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 870
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

wow! cool :-)
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

to be a rock and still to roll . . .
change we can believe in is here -- The Ed Show
Love is the Way. ~ Jesus of Nazareth

Victoria

Post Number: 523
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 4:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Strange is more like it. I'm wondering what the geo-synch satellites that monitor the Earth's magnetosphere, etc. have captured during this solar event... did it rip some of our protective shield away... thus the pink atmosphere allowing in some unknown radiation?

anna

Post Number: 3188
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe it was part of the sun's aura, that we don't usually see??? Reminds me of the scene in lost where the sky turned purple... You should share that with David Sereda see what he thinks?

(Message edited by anna on August 08, 2010)

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3200
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 11:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

60's yesterday and poured rain, heavy, record low...

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3224
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2010 - 8:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Record high today- 103, with up to 65 mph wind tonite, dropping 25 degrees tomorrow. Bad wind for the already existing fires :-( I hope it rains buckets!!!!

Energy-Creations.com

animalspirits

Post Number: 8625
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2010 - 8:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

anna,

Hope you get a Frog Strangler (as we say down South).

~Yotee Coyote

anna

Post Number: 3225
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2010 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Huh???

Energy-Creations.com

Second Wind

Post Number: 4989
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 4:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A frog strangler.....

A gully washer......

A really heavy rainstorm.

anna

Post Number: 3226
Posted on Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 8:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh, get it. Just a little sprinkle last night. Frost warnings in eastern Oregon. Supposed to be 45 here tonite and tomorrow night...

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3262
Posted on Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

90 yesterday, ugh, sick of the heat! Record high temps, but cooling down 20+ degrees this week with some rain tonite and tomorrow. Thank you nature sprites!!!

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3266
Posted on Monday, October 11, 2010 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

90 last week (record high), supposed to freeze tonite... down into the 60's finally!!! :-)

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3269
Posted on Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And the leaves are changing!!!

Energy-Creations.com

Sharon2

Post Number: 3574
Posted on Friday, October 15, 2010 - 8:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Our weather in central Ohio has been beautiful!
This weekend we are planning to do a scenic walk at Conkles Hollow... its GORGE-ious!

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/location/dnap/conkles_hollow/tabid/884/Default.aspx
Our life is determined by the choices we make!

anna

Post Number: 3270
Posted on Monday, October 18, 2010 - 8:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have never harvested tomatoes this late, unusually warm fall. I'm hoping for a more "normal" winter!

Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 3272
Posted on Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 2:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I picked the last of the tomatoes, talk about a late season. Finally colder and raining, snow in the mtns. Supposed to be La nina, wet and colder, lost of snow. I hope so after I cooked this fall....

Energy-Creations.com

mthoodv2.0
Username: r_f

Post Number: 4
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 9:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Strongest Storm Ever Recorded in the Midwest

We experienced some pretty amazing sustained winds. Wow.

Sharon2

Post Number: 3605
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 2:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yesterday afternoon we got hit with it in Central Ohio!

I was looking out my patio door at the ominous dark gray clouds when the cows in the field started to run to the barn. Then I saw a wall of white coming across the field. Have never seen that before. High winds and torrential rain. I grabbed my laptop and scrambled to the basement right before a large tree almost crashed onto the house. Luckily it got caught up in another tree. The storm hit hard and fast! No damage other than that but it was scary! A tornado touched down six miles west of us!

Second Wind

Post Number: 5073
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 3:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sharon, I am so glad that you are okay!

I bet you are glad to have a basement, huh?

Do you get a good internet connection down there in the basement?

I wish I had a basement!

Wishing you no more scary weather!

Sharon2

Post Number: 3606
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 11:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thank you, Second Wind! We have 'Road Runner' and can take our laptops all over the house.
I was too scared to be on it though. I just grabbed it because I wanted to SAVE it! LOL

Tornado season, in Ohio, is typically in the Spring time.

Yes, it is nice to have somewhere to run to if we have to.

badpony
Advanced Member
Username: badpony

Post Number: 263
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 8:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Victoria: I didn't want to go through archives, so, what happened up there during the big storm of Dec. 2/3 2007? We here on the SW coast were hit HARD, but was there much on the news? NOOOOOO...but LEWIS COUNTY FLOODED, OMG!!!!! Hello? Lewis County floods EVERY FREAKING YEAR...and the idiots rebuild in the flood plain every year...and then are surprised when it happens again! We had 150+ mph winds, I lost a lot of roof and a good chunk of my back porch, people lost barns, etc, and what did FEMA do? NOT A DAMN THING!!!! NOTHING! I know of NO ONE who got ANY help from them. We're STILL repairing damage! A big stretch of highway 101 had trees downed just like the old footage you see from Mt. St. Helens...laid out like snapped-off matchsticks.

And lemme tell ya something...this global warming is causing me to freeze my heinie off! Few people had apples this year, there were NO walnuts either here or Eastern Washington/Idaho, NO apricots on the trees that I saw, few hydrangeas, and the ones that did bloom got burned by 100 degree heat in July (the ONE bit of summer we had). Just freakish.

When I was a kid, we used to get big, deep snows...now we seldom get any (which, for the most part, is fine by me). I just don't want any more hurricanes or whatever they're supposed to be called on the west coast! We get wind storms (wind storm season is coming, and my roof is leaking EVERYWHERE)--November is usually the beginning of the big storm season.

Victoria

Post Number: 743
Posted on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't remember much that was outstanding about Dec 2007. but Dec 2008 was a real monster with knee-deep snow and 6" ice on the sidewalks and roads. Big winds too... snow and blow till January. Hope that answers your question badpony.