Archive through February 09, 2010 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Superstorm / Climate Change » Post Your Weird Weather Here » Archive through February 09, 2010 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bob Friedman
Username: bobufo

Post Number: 3415
Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 5:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

now today we have massive chemtrails over the San Fernando Valley! Even an oily rainbow, like when you see an oily puddle with colors on the ground.
like that, but in the sky in the chemtrail made wispy "cloud"-cover drips. very humid and sticky!YUK!
"it's the cracked ones
that let the light in"

anna
Username: anna

Post Number: 2377
Posted on Friday, August 21, 2009 - 9:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

They hit us yesterday in a very clear grid... ugh. BAD air quality today too...
"To insist that the only reality are phenomenon that can be submitted to the paradigm of classical science is itself a religion" Dietrick Thomson

Leibowitz
Advanced Member
Username: liebowitz

Post Number: 350
Posted on Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What about those tubular clouds, man?

"These long, crazy-looking clouds can grow to be 600 miles long and can move at up to 35 miles per hour, causing problems for aircraft even on windless days.

Known as Morning Glory clouds, they appear every fall over Burketown, Queensland, Australia, a remote town with fewer than 200 residents. A small number of pilots and tourists travel there each year in hopes of “cloud surfing” with the mysterious phenomenon."

Got to love Australia.
"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah. 220... 221, whatever it takes"

blue
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 621
Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 9:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.spaceweather.com/swpod2009/06sep09/godard1.gif?PHPSESSID=qqcvat3dao1u pha7jns1m16uc4

The caption reads "I've never seen a fast ejection like this before," says Godard. "I recorded the action using a 3-inch refracting telescope and a Coronado SolarMax filter."

look for the ejection on the right half of the screen.

http://www.spaceweather.com/

Altho there seems to be no suspicion that this event "escaped" from the sun -- what if? and then multiply that by gazillions caught up in the solar wind racing into space -- cld the phenomenon be considered "raining fire"?
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

to be a rock and still to roll . . .

anna

Post Number: 2432
Posted on Sunday, September 13, 2009 - 1:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think those "tube clouds" may be chemtrails. They're VERY parallel, which is odd....
"To insist that the only reality are phenomenon that can be submitted to the paradigm of classical science is itself a religion" Dietrick Thomson

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 3569
Posted on Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We have finally had a very blessed 5 days of rain here in central Texas, bringing our yearly rainfall total almost to the normal level, replenishing area lakes, and relieving the crushing drought--and heat--we have been experiencing all summer.

anna

Post Number: 2442
Posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 11:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Record high today- 93, ugh. I'm ready for fall!!!

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 5766
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 6:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It is supposed to be in the upper 50s here at night in about 3-5 days.

This is quite unusual for us since we are in the prime of hurricane season...and it is usually much warmer.

This is actually good news for those of us in the South as it will begin to cool the upper Gulf of Mexico sooner and decrease the chance of strong hurricanes hitting us.
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

allan
Username: allan

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 3:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The news story on the 23rd AP/NASA about the alarming rate of ice melt in Greenland was another surprise. Not the story but the fact that it was reported even in our little newspaper down here on Cape Haze. It seems like such a short time ago that Whitley and Anne were way out on the fringe with this information. When will the tipping point be? The ice core data is very clear about what happens when the Gulf stream stops. I have been watching the flow every day for a long time. Thought we would have to move back off the coast to central FL but don't think so now. By the way animalspirits the section from south of Sebring to the top of Okeechobee is very beautiful. So vast and emty almost like an African savanna. You would expect Giraffs and Elephants to come walking out of the treeline as you pass by. The amazing thing is the archaeological remains found in places like the warm mineral springs in North Port show that their ancestors were here. Trying to escape the ice most likely. The dates match up very well. I have just returned from the Randell Research Center in Pineland on the north end of Pine Island. The Calusa people have been taking up all my research time for a couple of years now. What is left of the mounds and shell islands they built in this area in most interesting. They were here for a very long time. Will not bore everyone with all the numbers. Anyway it is cooling down here as well and I am also happy for the decrease in the chance of a strong hurricane. We are however getting allot of late season thunderstorms and rain around here. That is good though because we needed the rain and I really like thunderstorms. Thank you all for being here

allen
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 1397
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 3:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nice to have you on the board allan!

wolfshadow
Username: wolfshadow

Post Number: 1200
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 3:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now there are two of you?
Sometimes to move forward in life,we must first step out of our own way

allen

Post Number: 1399
Posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 - 3:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

double the trouble A2!

anna

Post Number: 2443
Posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Supposed to be 90 tomorrow, with snow in the foothills by Wed.
Be the Change~~~

anna

Post Number: 2460
Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was watching the national weather and it's heavy snow in low elevations in the Tetons, way colder than usual in Montana and Wyoming. Almost 1 month or more colder than usual. Maybe the climate changes settling in???
Be the Change~~~

Found Goat
Username: found_goat

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 10:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One should never rule out the possibility that the unusual meteorological patterns this planet has been experiencing over the last two decades, and which will only increase in intensity and span over the ensuing years, isn't the result of some mad panel of frocked scientists operating out of an underwater laboratory, with megalomaniacal designs of wanting to govern all of humankind.

This past week I revisited the 1966 spy-flick In Like Flint, which has our suave and spiffy-dressed hero, James Coburn, up against a group of power-hungry lab-coats who have mastered the means of stabilizing Earth's atmospheric conditions, and, thus, have been up to manipulating this very environment so as to suit their own villainous, ambitious purposes. “You control the weather, and you control the world,” explains one of these mad temperature regulators.

Might we be currently experiencing a case of life-mirroring-art at work upon the Earth?

In keeping with this cinematic scenario, we may reach a point where all of Earth's inhabitants are made to realize the dire state of their biosphere ... for a reason – due to these irregular topsy-turvy global forecasts – so as for it to be revealed that our salvation rests solely in the palms of a handful of frizzy-haired, bespectacled and goateed fogies who have been causing the hurricanes and tsunamis that we have been seeing all along, via the push of a button, with paradisaical weather reports offered us if all we do is surrender to the scientists' demands.

Found Goat
Username: found_goat

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 10:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Correction: In Like Flint is the incorrect film title. The movie that was seen last week and that is being referred to in the above post is that picture's predecessor, 1966's Our Man Flint.

I apologize to anyone that might have rented the wrong movie.

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2154
Posted on Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In Like Flint came first with the villain being the Phone Company.
Wasn't it?

graciesmom
Username: jmb

Post Number: 1605
Posted on Friday, October 16, 2009 - 8:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Back onto weather, we had a freak snowstorm here in central PA yesterday. Centre County (I'm in Mifflin County, southwest), really got clobbered) was featured on "The Today Show." We're in the possible crosshairs of another winter storm tomorrow! This is the first October snow storm I can ever remember around these parts.
But there are dreams that cannot be,
And there are storms we cannot weather ....

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 2673
Posted on Friday, October 16, 2009 - 8:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In central Ohio, we've had early frosts and freezes. Normally we can still harvest vegetables till the end of October, but not this year. All of my flowers were hit, too.

They were predicting snow for today but think they cancelled it.
"When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

anna

Post Number: 2474
Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 12:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Almost 80 here today, ugh! BAD air!!!
Be the Change~~~

allan

Post Number: 2
Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 10:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was working on our old truck in the garage on Friday and it was 95 degrees. We have had record heat here in SW Florida for September and October. Currently it is 50 degrees. A 45 degree temp swing in 24 hours. After the longest stretch of 90 degree days anyone around here can remember it is amazing how fast it has changed.

Sharon2

Post Number: 2678
Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 11:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Allan, Welcome! How are housing values in Florida these days?

Today in Central Ohio it is sunny and getting warmer. Back to normal temps this week.

animalspirits

Post Number: 5935
Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 1:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sharon,

They are in the tank, with a prediction that it will take years for them to come back.

I am in North Florida. They are worse in South and Central Florida.

Part of the problem is that we are in a homeowners insurance crisis here with all the major national companies either no longer selling insurance in the State or leaving.

DO NOT move to Florida. No jobs, no insurance, etc.

~Yotee Coyote

Sharon2

Post Number: 2680
Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 5:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks, Animalspirits. I guess it's bad all over.

Hope your stomach is feeling better.

anna

Post Number: 2476
Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cooler here today, and rain moving in, hurrah!
Be the Change~~~

allan

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, October 19, 2009 - 9:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Sharon, I must say animalspirits has summed up the situation very well. Tanked is about all you can say. Good time to buy if you don't need a job. Woke up to 50 degree temps again this morning. Hard to get used to when it happens so quickly. Spent most of my life in New England and would never have believed 50 was cold.

anna

Post Number: 2480
Posted on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 5:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow, the leaves are really changing colors now! Finally wetter, and cooler....
Be the Change~~~

allan

Post Number: 7
Posted on Friday, October 23, 2009 - 4:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well back to normal here. It's 86 now. Can't wait for the next cold front to arrive. I must do some research on the temps at the equator over the last hundred years. I think Anne said on a chat that Whitley does not care for to much heat. I can understand that totally. Our poor air conditioner has taken a beating this year. Miss leaves changing colors for sure..........

anna

Post Number: 2485
Posted on Friday, October 23, 2009 - 9:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Raining again and cooler....
Be the Change~~~
Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 2501
Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 10:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

45 mph gusts last night and COLD!!! 27 tomorrow morning, winter's here!!!
Be the Change~~~
Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 2503
Posted on Friday, October 30, 2009 - 7:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And it SNOWED yesterday! Didn't last but was WEIRD!!! I was actually hoping for a snow day :-)
Be the Change~~~
Energy-Creations.com

Cosmos
Username: astroboy

Post Number: 5408
Posted on Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The Big Melt Down is well underway.

Measured three feet of the white stuff in our front yard.

This reminds me of Colorado as it used to be back in the '70's. I hope it stays like this.
"...and the Lion roams..."

Lassen Sage
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 1091
Posted on Monday, November 02, 2009 - 12:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Snow's a little late here, still waiting. Sunny 60 F today and 42 tonight. Rather nice Fall weather. Kind of strange that we have not had any snow, yet.

Jimmy
Username: chippyo

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Monday, November 02, 2009 - 9:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

animal spirts--

Indeed. I recall FLA was 'the' cool place to move to for all us 80's New Orleans kids. Sorta a sunny California type mystique. Well it's great for a vacation and if you can live near the beach.

Fla is for the nearly dead and the newly wed. It is a police state, gawd help you if you get into any trouble in that state. No insurance & housing slumps, giant bugs & oppressive heat. Hurricanes blow you out every other year. Alwaysamazes me when Nothereners live their entire life in a temperate climate then retire to FLA to complain about humidity, bugs & heat. A stat somewhere I read said that 1/2 move to NC mountains after 1 year.

If you must live there try the panhandle.
"Don't take life to seriously;no one gets out alive."

anna

Post Number: 2506
Posted on Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Snowed last week, supposed to be in the 60's this week, ugh....
Be the Change~~~
Energy-Creations.com

animalspirits

Post Number: 6066
Posted on Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 9:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Jimmy,

Your post just about nailed it.

Yep, those Palmetto Bugs (Roaches) are big enough to saddle. Yet if the Yanks didn't put pesticides and fertilizer on everything and kill the spade-headed Skinks (which eat almost exclusively Palmetto Bugs) they would find they are quite effective keeping the Palmetto Bugs under control.

North Carolina can have them.

I do live in the panhandle.

~Yotee Coyote

anna

Post Number: 2522
Posted on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 3:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Back in the 50's now, pretty fall days...
Energy-Creations.com

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 10586
Posted on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 5:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now this is WEIRD weather for
this time of year ..

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/weather/index.html
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

anna

Post Number: 2528
Posted on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And big hurricane heading for Texas, etc. Ida, ugh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 2529
Posted on Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 11:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tornado hits Oregon coast at one of my favorite towns, Lincoln City~~~~~~~~~~~
Energy-Creations.com

allan

Post Number: 9
Posted on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 5:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Looks like southwest Florida has missed Ida. We were starting to get worried for a few days there but a strong wind coming across the state from the Atlantic kept it out in the middle of the gulf. It has been grey and dark with a few rain bands going over but thats about it. Very strange that we had the hottest summer anyone can remember and got nothing. The gulf water temps were very high. Now that the air and water temps have cooled way down we get a very late season storm? Good luck to the folks up in the panhandle looks like they are about to get the worst of it soon.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 10600
Posted on Monday, November 09, 2009 - 6:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's the latest for me. I'm right on Lake
Pontchartrain in Eden Isles..my Daughter is
further in Slidell on Palm Lake. Ugh..what
a nuisance...not much rain yet. Its the tides
that get me..water up high in my canal.

http://www.nola.com/hurricane/index.ssf/2009/11/slidell_officials_urge_residen_1 .html

anna

Post Number: 2531
Posted on Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 9:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Snow on the way for tomorrow night, maybe winter's finally here ???
Energy-Creations.com

moonbeam
Username: mia

Post Number: 70
Posted on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 2:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Flooding here in Roanoke Valley and New River Valley. Thanks Ida!

Nina
Username: nina

Post Number: 615
Posted on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 4:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sweltering heat in the high 30's (celcius)for southern Australia at the moment. We are heading to our second week in a row, Bushfire season has already begun, with dry conditions and lightening strikes. We don't usually get weather like this until January and February!
Dona Nobis Pacem.

anna

Post Number: 2537
Posted on Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 9:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

21 tomorrow night, brrrrrrrrrrrr........
Energy-Creations.com

anna

Post Number: 2549
Posted on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 7:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yo-yoing weather here, cold, then warm, then cold, I can't figure what to wear!:-(
Energy-Creations.com

Nina
Username: nina

Post Number: 618
Posted on Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Two weeks of horrible, dry, scorching, sizzle and then over the weekend we had a whole MONTH's rain dumped on us! Something is seriously WRONG with this. Low 20's this week but then it's predicted to be back in the 30's by the weekend. Yoyo weather? You bet!
Dona Nobis Pacem.

Buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 2307
Posted on Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 7:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

With more interior fires
raging .. be safe

Sharon2

Post Number: 2809
Posted on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 10:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The day after Thanksgiving and it's 32 and snowing in Central Ohio!

Not ready for this!

Lassen Sage
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 4:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We had a big wind storm with trees down and a power outage the day after Thanksgiving, but somehow we never got the foot of snow that was forecast.

Not much snow this year, just very cold rain.

allan

Post Number: 11
Posted on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 9:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Got down in the mid 40's last night in SW Florida after 2 days of cold rain.

Sharon2

Post Number: 2827
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 4:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In Central Ohio - High winds today! Trees down across our driveway.
In the 50s earlier but tonight the wind chill will be below zero!

allen

Post Number: 1591
Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 5:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My brother lives in Carson City NV and told me that today on his trip to the store it never got above 2 degrees.

anna

Post Number: 2570
Posted on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 10:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Incredible cold in the last week, below zero and now in the 40's and pouring rain! Give me some moderate snowy, temps!
Energy-Creations.com

moonbeam
Intermediate Member
Username: mia

Post Number: 160
Posted on Friday, December 18, 2009 - 3:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Expecting 12 to 18 inches here in the Roanoke valley of southwest va. Said we could experience "snow thunder" tonight, never heard that one before.

allan

Post Number: 14
Posted on Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 10:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Red flag and freeze warnings all over south Florida for this weekend and most of the week. Was 39 here last night. Turned on the heating system for only the second time in five years.

Sharon2

Post Number: 2894
Posted on Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

3 degrees this morning in central Ohio! Way too cold this early in the winter!

animalspirits

Post Number: 6533
Posted on Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It is going to be either in the low 20s or upper teens here for the next five days. Can't remember it being that cold for that long.

~Yotee Coyote

Sharon2

Post Number: 2895
Posted on Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 3:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Are the orange growers worried? I bought the best naval oranges the other day!

animalspirits

Post Number: 6534
Posted on Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sharon,

Yes, more than likely the Orange crop will be affected. As to how much, it will depend on how long it is freezing or below freezing during each night.

~Yotee Coyote

John_Doe420
Advanced Member
Username: john_doe420

Post Number: 209
Posted on Monday, January 04, 2010 - 4:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Definitely the coldest snowiest winter around these parts (W.Va.) in quite some time.
Sonny: Do you think we were all created for a purpose? Id like to
think so. [looks at his hand] Denser alloy. My father gave it to
me. I think he wanted me to kill you.
-I Robot -2004

graciesmom
Username: jmb

Post Number: 1714
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 8:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Headlines like this are popping up all over the world:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/100104/world/as_asia_storms_1

So many U.S. snowfall records were shattered on Christmas Day ALONE it boggles the mind. I may have seen this elsewhere on the board, so forgive me if somebody else posted it already. Look at all the dots down South!

http://www.climatechangefraud.com/climate-reports/5957-877-new-snowfall-records- set-or-tied-in-the-usa-in-the-last-week
"Some of the comments on YouTube make you weep for the future of humanity, just for the spelling alone, never mind the obscenity and naked hatred."
-- Les Grossman

animalspirits

Post Number: 6537
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 9:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

GM,

Yes, we may get some flurries later this week.

If I am not mistaken, the more below freezing hours the better the Peach crop...love those Georgia Peaches.

Still frozen in North Florida...

~Yotee Coyote

Mark
Username: mark

Post Number: 2317
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 12:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The best peaches in a can we get up North is the Osage brand - from Georgia - picked ripe and canned quick.

mthood
Username: mthood2

Post Number: 64
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 1:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, this winter is much like last winter in the upper midwest. Cold and a lot of snow. Is that weird weather? I think everyone is having weird weather these days, at least at some point.

Mama Shine

Post Number: 10973
Posted on Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 6:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another hard freeze for the Northshore
of lake Pontchartrain (Greater New Orleans
area). It's the coldest for this time of
year since 1996. I remember it back then and lost many beautiful outdoor tropicals..may happen
again.

anna

Post Number: 2629
Posted on Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 7:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

54 degrees one dat last week, with snow the next day...
Energy-Creations.com

Sharon2

Post Number: 2936
Posted on Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We had a thunder storm with pouring rain this morning! Unusual for Ohio in January!
"Thought is a Creative Force!"

Mike
Intermediate Member
Username: xevious

Post Number: 112
Posted on Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 9:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Superstorm movie becomes reality! Tornado in L.A.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80891179

Skin Shed Mon
Username: shedmyskin

Post Number: 2646
Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 5:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Its 54 degrees here in the north east with tons and tons of rain. My cats behavior is more wierd than the weather though. He has been on edge all day, hasn't slept all day long, not normal for him during the day. He keeps going to the window and just yelling at the wind and rain outside. Don't fret though, I don't think hes a feline profit of weather doom, lol He always does this when its very windy. He HATES loud windy days. He was rescued cold and wet under a porch in another town as a kitten, so I wonder if he has bad little kitten memories.
In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death. -Anne Frank

Skin Shed Mon

Post Number: 2647
Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 5:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think tornado's do happen even in S. Cali, although rare. We actually usually get 1 or 2 a year here in Connecticut, we have our own lil tornado ally. Northern CT, Southern/Western Mass.

some tornado break down #'s by states
http://lwf.ncdc.noaa.gov/img/climate/research/tornado/avgt5304.gif

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/archive/tornadoes/st-trank.html

below is copies from http://www.usatoday.com/weather/resources/askjack/archives-tornado-history.htm
Q: How common are tornadoes in California? When they hit, people always say how unusual they are, but is that really the case?

A: Tornadoes are not as rare in the Golden State as most people seem to think. From 1950-2004, there were 303 documented tornadoes in California, and, since 1993, an additional 57 waterspouts in the state’s coastal waters — an average of almost six tornadoes and five waterspouts per year. But so far in 2005, California is more like Tornado Alley, with about 20 tornadoes in the state, including 12 in Sacramento County — more than in the Oklahoma City metro area!

Though 80% of California tornadoes are weak, with Fujita scale rankings of F-0 or F-1, there have been a number of significant storms in populated areas. With 41 tornadoes, Los Angeles County ranks as the tornado capital of the state, five of which were ranked as F-2. Nearby Orange County has had 28 tornadoes and at least as many waterspouts concentrated in its relatively small area of 798 square miles.

In a recent study, veteran California tornado expert John Monteverdi of San Francisco State University estimates that approximately half of the state’s tornadoes are spawned by supercells. The remainder are the result of smaller circulations, including a number of “cold air funnels.”

California has had two unique tornado events in the past decade. In 1998, an F-2 tornado in Sunnyvale was the first anticyclonic supercell and anticyclonic tornado to be documented with the WSR-88D NEXRAD radar. And in July 2004, the highest-elevation tornado ever observed in the USA. was photographed along Rockwell Pass in the Sequoia National Park, at an elevation of about 12,000 feet.

Until a bunch more break out in L.A. I'd say no need to panic.
In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart. I simply can't build up my hopes on a foundation consisting of confusion, misery and death. -Anne Frank

animalspirits

Post Number: 6741
Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SSM,

They never forget those bad times. Roscoe was abused and then abandoned and I have had him 10 years. He is still scared of rain, thunder, and wind...so is Shadow and although she lived inside she was in Ft. Walton Beach (near Pensacola) and I know there were several bad hurricanes that went through there. She is scared of the dark and wind/rain too.

They are both totally indoor Dogs here and safe finally.

~Yotee Coyote

Skin Shed Mon

Post Number: 2648
Posted on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 6:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AS yeah definitely!

Both my fathers dogs are rescues from abusive homes. Sometimes we forget when there is a fly inside and roll up a newspaper, and that poor dog runs for the hills.

Sharon2

Post Number: 2992
Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 10:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We had a huge winter storm last Friday, dumping a foot of snow in central Ohio. Today we had another one. We haven't had weather like this since 78!
"Thought is a Creative Force!"