Archive through August 18, 2009 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Superstorm / Climate Change » Post Your Weird Weather Here » Archive through August 18, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

blue
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 522
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

watcher, if this is, indeed, the end/beginning of a cycle of generational import -- dont you think your time cld be better spent sharing solutions rather than pointing fingers?

who has been found wanting? not all of us, to be sure . . . and perhaps many less of us than you realize.

(Message edited by jennyblue on March 28, 2009)
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

Orion
Username: the_watcher

Post Number: 3537
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 9:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If a cataclysm is brewing, if in the year 2012, the "electromagnetic catastrophe" that abductees claim they are shown visions of, then there simply isn't any individual solution, as there will likely be no future for most of us. The economic melt down and "strange" weather patterns are likely merely a prelude to the pole shift that will occur when Orion, the judger of mankind, weighs us as a race, in the scales. Dec 21st-22nd Orion will be in the same position it was some 12,000 years ago. The earth's magnetic field shuts down at the same time the sun's magnetic field reverses. The continents will shift, that relatively thin layer that we live on called the crust, as the earth's magnetic iron core will become charged and crash and start spinning in the other direction.

The result will be mile high tidal waves sloshing across the continents, massive volcanoes and earthquakes, and newly displaced polar winds will rip across the land at speeds estimated to exceed 300 mph.

An advanced race of beings that tell us these scenes are in our near future have invested a great deal of time and energy into creating a hybrid race. Apparently they have no doubt whatsoever that our "civilization" will be wiped out, and according to Dr David Jacobs, in the very near future. @012 is less than 4 years away, and I suspect few if any of us will be around to talk about it, as the conditions become ideal for the implementation of their new "human form". If you really think about it, there is no other way for them to re-seed the earth until "there are fewer of you" (another quote from one of Dr Mack's abductees)(like the other one, "you have been weighed in the scales and found wanting", and "sooner or later, the sheets get balanced", quotes from the case studies of abductees performed by the late harvard psychiatrist and UFO researcher, Dr John E Mack)

It is also suggested the collective human psyche has an influence on our environment, and that negative human emotions actually affect weather patterns. We are told we out of balance with the laws of the universe, that we have not used the earth's resources properly. The earth, we are told by abductees, is like a living entity, and has been infested with a disease that is making her sick, namely, the human race. The earth itself is about to "puke us off" and 'swat some bugs off'. Ecologists and climatologists tell us we are self destructing, there is no shortage of selfishness and violence in present human society, only now it seems we are on the brink. If we are not stopped, and it seems even if we all changed our nature and way of doing things, it would be too little too late, then we are likely to destroy all life on the earth and drag it down with us.

Call me crazy, negative, whatever you want, I do not care. I view the world objectively. Maybe we should have repected the earth a little better, maybe we should have treated each other and not been so greedy and viscious. This is the message aliens give abductees and it all makes sense if you really think about it. As such, there is no quick fix, no solutions, as human nature will not change. The indingenous people who held the earth in great respect were annihilated, and now people must reap what they have sewn. A brief look at European and US history proves that people of the xtian faith have been the biggest plunderers, rapists, and murderers in the history of the world. Their way of doing things are finally coming back to haunt them. Like I said, karma can be a biotch sometimes.

Orion

Post Number: 3538
Posted on Saturday, March 28, 2009 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I should clarify one thing. Dr david Jacobs in his book The Threat concludes that the reason behind the massive hybrid program is to integrate into society, to cohabitate and presumably control the planet. He does not state any belief in any earth shattering cataclysm, only that he views the future with "great apprehension and dread".

My conclusion of a pole shift triggered by an electromagnetic change in the year 2012 comes from other sources, namely Edgar Cayce, The Orion Prophecy, The Threat, The Watchers, and the late Dr John E Mack's book "Abduction", and this intuition I have had for most of my waking life. Believe what you will. Sooner or later, we are history and we did it to ourselves.

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 2676
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's an update to some of the flooding around Fargo, North Dakota: Red River receding; 2 dead in North Dakota flooding.

I'm getting a little worried because we haven't heard from Aprylla since the 25th. I continue to include her and all the others affected by this flooding in my thoughts and prayers.

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 4564
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

miaree,

How close is she to the floods?
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

Orion

Post Number: 3544
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 4:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Like that last tsunami, the animals were unaffected for the most part. They seemed to know and survive. Just a coincidence? The quarrel is not with the animals whom we exploit and should not, it seems to be with the human race, collectively (and not anyone individually, do not get me wrong here. I may disagree with some people in here but that is because they do not know any better, as so I don't wish any individual here any harm). The human experiment, in its present form, failed.

miaree9

Post Number: 2679
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 6:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

AS, I cannot recall her exact location in North Dakota, but I suspect that she lives in the Fargo area. I do know that she had been busy helping place sandbags since last weekend. The pictures of the flooding in that area are horrendous. All that water in addition to lots of ice and snow with more snow expected just sound like such a nightmare experience for those who must live through it.

Orion

Post Number: 3550
Posted on Sunday, March 29, 2009 - 7:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Tis sad. The Sioux knew how to weather the storm,literally, and even though another group of people came over and raped, poisoned, and pillaged the earth like it was their littering box, it is kinda sad to see their descendants, especially old ladies and other white collar people who are not physically fit for manual labor frantically digging and filling sand bags, not even remotely suspecting the earth itself is the cause and that we are likely in the end stages, so it's all futile anyways.

Speaking of weird weather, it's snowing up here. My hyacinths and other perennials were starting to open, it looks like winter just will not leave us anytime soon this year. If the summer comes and starts scorching like it did in Australia this year, then maybe some will realize that we have been and remain out of balance with Mother Earth and the laws of nature and are wearing out our welcome on this planet. It was such a beautiful planet too. Such a shame that humans lost touch with the inner core of their being.

anna
Username: anna

Post Number: 1827
Posted on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 12:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Snowed hard yesterday, almost 60 today, supposed to be 70 tomorrow!
Be the wave....

anna

Post Number: 1830
Posted on Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 7:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

77 today, ugh, mixed with chemtrails, sticks... :-(
Be the wave....

anna

Post Number: 1834
Posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 12:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

87 today, supposed to drop 30 in the next day and a half...
Be the wave....

anna

Post Number: 1836
Posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 11:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We have almost set an all time record for the wettest May on record. It's so GREEN!!! I love it :-)
Be the wave....

Cosmic Seeker
Username: mikelmn

Post Number: 896
Posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 11:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The Sun has missed its regular sunspot cycle, so we are either going into a long minimum (cooling) phase (even a mini ice-age) or the next sunspot cycle will cause a big rise in temperature.

esoterica
Username: esoterica

Post Number: 582
Posted on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 8:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

a "gravity wave" (aka a 'wave front') on the day after easter sunday, and a 'special weather statement' from the national weather service

a "derecho" a few days ago, another 'special weather statement' from the nws

the water is coming through the basement walls today due to the flooding rains - the entire northern half of alabama is under a 'special weather statement'

i had never seen a 'special weather satement' except when we had the ice storm in 93

i no like special weather

Jimmy
Username: chippyo

Post Number: 1069
Posted on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Chemtrails are fiction, that is a 0% paranoia rating by the conspirasey rating service.

Rain rain rain rain here all week in Philly, feels like Seattle

"We have the Information, now what do we do with it?"

wolfshadow
Username: wolfshadow

Post Number: 1030
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 12:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We have had rain since the start of MAy and we have around 8 inches so far with more to come.

I love Seattle
We are all in the same boat,going up the same creek without a paddle

miaree9

Post Number: 2923
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 1:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

See if you can send some of that rain down to us in Texas. We have been really dry.

Today, it's supposed to get up to 104. Last down at 10:30, the heat index outside was at 92. I hope this is not a trend which will continue throughout the summer. Of course, tomorrow, it's not expected to get above 70.

Ah, well, in spite of it all, I love Texas!

wolfshadow

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 1:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Actually Miaree(no wait I'm calling you the Oracle ) we are neighboring states I live in Arkansas.I'm not looking forward to our heat when it gets here.

miaree9

Post Number: 2925
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 1:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, so you know. I used to live in Mt. Pleasant which is on I30 about 60 miles west of Texarkana. Pretty hot there, too, but lots more rain than here. Not as cold as Abilene in the winter, either.

wolfshadow

Post Number: 1036
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 1:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Actually I did not know that.I've only lived here for about 7 years now but I have gone to Dallas. in July what was I thinking.

susi t
Username: just_visiting

Post Number: 3369
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 1:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

2 days ago was our first triple digit day. it came way earlier than usual.

the farmer's almanac is usually pretty accurate-they predicted for us an abnormally dry summer. like it isn't dry enough! lol
i would never die for my beliefs because i might be wrong.

-bertrand russell

`

miaree9

Post Number: 2926
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 1:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, according to the Farmer's Almanac, we're supposed to have a hotter and drier summer.

miaree9

Post Number: 2930
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's just after 8:30 in the evening local time, and the temperature is 93. At least the humidity has gone down to 34%. That makes the heat a little more bearable.

susi t

Post Number: 3379
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

our humidity is 6%! haha
i would never die for my beliefs because i might be wrong.

-bertrand russell

`

Lassen Sage
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 825
Posted on Friday, May 08, 2009 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Beautiful 74 F and sunny here today.Really nice day. And we had a good wk of rain so the yard is looking good. Wish I had some energy,, maybe a few days of this and I will get some.

anna

Post Number: 1837
Posted on Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 8:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We had 100 degrees, an all time high record, 2 days ago. Today 68. That was quite a shift...
Be the wave....

anna

Post Number: 1844
Posted on Friday, May 29, 2009 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

96 today, too hot :-(
Be the wave....

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 857
Posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 2:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Chilly 62 today,brrr. Glad I left a few winter clothes in my closet. We had some nice rain and there's more on the way. The thunder and lightening storm yesterday had the fire-spotter planes out and about. Happily no lightening fires started.

anna

Post Number: 1879
Posted on Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 1:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We have had a lot of cool, cloudy, wet weather, very unusual for June. 1/2 inch of rain already...
Be the wave....

miaree9

Post Number: 3156
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 2:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We're already having 100 degree days here. Here's what they are forecasting for our area this summer:

Summer temperatures will be two to three degrees above normal, on average, with the hottest periods in late June, the greater part of July, and early August. Expect a hurricane in late July or early August.

Sounds about right for Texas.

anna

Post Number: 1912
Posted on Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 11:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ugh, it's been pouring rain here off and on today. I planted veggies yesterday, hopefully they will grow. If we ever get some SUN :-)
Be the wave....

scion
Username: scion

Post Number: 2434
Posted on Friday, June 19, 2009 - 6:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Up here in the Palisades you wouldn't know we are this close to the Summer Solstice! It is still cool at night, sometimes darn-right cold! The days are much better after the overcast burns off if it appears. I just can never remember a year like this, do you?
Look a golden winged ship is passing my way
And it really didn't have to stop, it just kept on going...
And so castles made of sand slips into the sea, eventually

anna

Post Number: 1950
Posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 5:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

COLD last night and poured. We had to turn on the furnace a bit this morning, had a frost warning in eastern Oregon too. Supposed to be 90 by Wed. My veggies and shrubs are getting HUGE from all the rain!!! OMG :-)
Be the wave....

anna

Post Number: 1954
Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 7:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

93 today and cooler tomorrow. Looks like summer may have finally come. We had a lot of rain for June, almost 2"!!!
Be the wave....

scion
Username: scion

Post Number: 2471
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 9:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We are finally getting relief from the cold! I hope we have a really l...o...n...g Indian Summer!
"Klaatu barada nikto."

anna

Post Number: 1958
Posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 6:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

90's here all week, HOT!!!
Be the wave....

susi t

Post Number: 3956
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 10:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

we have the strangest winds here.

yesterday i pulled into the carport and the second i got out of the jeep a wind shear came rolling through. you could see things flying horizontally through the air at hurricane speed.

i thought it safer to be in the carport rather than run to the front door but the wind eddied in the carport and i still was pummeled with dirt, leaves and branches. my garbage cans ended up 3 doors down and huge limbs were all over my yard.

weird.

it comes in a small path like a tornado. once we had one and it ripped off my fence gate (solid wood with strong hinges) but left a plastic yard chair a few feet away.

and no rain with it. our monsoon started but we just got the wind yesterday.
red meat is not bad for you. fuzzy, green meat is bad for you.

`

animalspirits

Post Number: 5145
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 10:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi,

Perhaps it was a mild Cockeyed Bob.

~Yotee Coyote

susi t

Post Number: 3958
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 11:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

huh?

`

animalspirits

Post Number: 5146
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

got google?

~Yotee Coyote

susi t

Post Number: 3959
Posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

oh, ok. :-)

`

gridghost
Intermediate Member
Username: gridghost

Post Number: 136
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 3:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yesterday we had a quite bad thunderstorm where i live. This is not strange per se, but before the storm both me and my wife detected something that resonated in some of the metal parts in our house. It sounded like a very low base note that had an eerie quality that i cant describe. No windows ratteled and nothing really moved so it didnt go through ground... so it seems it originated from the air. Now i dont know if it could happen but my theory is that the previous high air pressure (very warm weather and clear skies) colliding w a low pressure front (Overcast clouds and lots and lots of rain) coupled w electric discharge (lightning) creates VLF signals... is this even possible?
"Life is like a golfball. A series of hard blows, just to end up in a hole in the ground"

animalspirits

Post Number: 5166
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 7:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

gridghost,

We had a similar thing happen during that terrible thunderstorm we had (6000 lightening strikes). The thunder sounded more like explosions and they were at a lower resonance frequency than any I have ever heard before. It was very strange...sounded more like artillery explosions than thunder. There were what I would call 'normal' close strikes, but these sounded very different. Never remember that happening before. It was very strange.

~Yotee Coyote

Skin Shed Mon
Username: shedmyskin

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 7:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in Connecticut in New England, its just been one massive thunderstorm after another for weeks now almost every day. Lots of flooding some areas, downed trees. Had a tornado as well last week in Whethersfield, CT. One lightning strike yesterday was very close, sounded like a shotgun going off outside my back door. Nothing but spring type weather here in the N.E. so far this summer.

Yeah the shotgun blast I described, have heard a few of those, not the normal rumble, just a massive fast quick explotion sound.

(Message edited by shedmyskin on July 02, 2009)
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -George Washington

Skin Shed Mon

Post Number: 1850
Posted on Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 7:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi I remember experiencing something like what you described when I was about 13 years old. It was like a lil mini hurricane came down the street. It was around 4pm on garbage day, so all the trash had been picked up, all the neighbors coming home around 5-6 were wondering the streets trying to figure out who's garbage can was who's, it was actually kind of funny looking back on it.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -George Washington

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 919
Posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 3:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dropped to 40 last night here,,dang nippy. Had to heat up my bathroom for a shower this morning. And a breezy sunny 72 right now. Beautiful day and I feel like snot...ah well.

Yesterday the shift in barometric pressure sent my neighbor in for Migraine shots. I just have a bad case of sinus slime with the typical overall body aches of unsettled weather.

I slept with a few pounds of fluorite on my face( felt like a few lbs) and averted a developing sinus headache.

Ldyhawk369
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 778
Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 7:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The weather has been strange these past few weeks. Lots of rain, cool, on Sunday morning it was 46. Last night we had some wicked thunderstorms. In Yonkers, NY they had to bring out the snow plows because there was 5 inches of hail, plus lots of trees down. The national weather guy said it wasn't a tornado but straight sheer winds 70-80 miles , he also said it was strange to have such strong thunderstorms so late at night with the low temps. It has been in the 70's and 50's at night. Just weird. The ocean water is too cold to go swimming. I hope the winter doesn't turn out to be nasty.

anna

Post Number: 2150
Posted on Sunday, July 19, 2009 - 7:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Record setting heat here yesterday- 107, ugh....
"To insist that the only reality are phenomenon that can be submitted to the paradigm of classical science is itself a religion" Dietrick Thomson

sonorK
Username: sonork

Post Number: 1132
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 9:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ahhhh - nothing but mid-70's in the Midwest this week. If this is Global Warming, bring it on.
Universal Health Care: The DMV with wounds.

Jimmy

Post Number: 1110
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 3:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I have only had the AC on once for humidity.
A very cool summer thus far

Jimmy

Post Number: 1111
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 4:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was watching the Canadian Weather Channel when they explained that the reason for the cooler weather in Eastern Canada was possibly due to changes in the North Atlantic ocean current!

Jimmy

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A quick peak of the artic ice pack retreat on nasa or woods hole will tell you all you need to know about global warming, my right wing friend.

miaree9

Post Number: 3266
Posted on Monday, July 20, 2009 - 4:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So far this summer, our weather here has been just as predicted: slighter hotter and very dry.

Over the weekend, a cool front has moved in, delivering some much needed rain and cooling things off just a few degrees. I am enjoying it very much!

Skin Shed Mon

Post Number: 1916
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 6:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah other than a lil too much rain the weather in the north east this summer has been......awesome, hehe. 70s-80s, I'll take it!

sonorK

Post Number: 1140
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 2:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Jimmy, right wing? Nah, just fairly conservative. According to those political chart thingies, I'm just a hair to the right of dead center. As for the Arctic ice pack...let me know when they get those fading sensors replaced and recalibrate their system.

On a slightly related note, I cut down a Slippery Elm yesterday that decided to kill itself on my barn roof (grew into the metal roofing and got cut up). It was 8" in diameter and was only 8 years old. Seemed to be sucking huge amounts of carbon out of the air to grow like that. It'll burn nicely at the next bonfire.

Since it was only 52 degrees this morning when I hopped in my car, I gotta do something to help warm things up.

anna

Post Number: 2192
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 7:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sonork, you should save a bit of the bark and grind it up, it's great for sore throats :-)
"To insist that the only reality are phenomenon that can be submitted to the paradigm of classical science is itself a religion" Dietrick Thomson

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 935
Posted on Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 11:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Very soothing for the tummy, too.

sonorK

Post Number: 1145
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 9:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

anna,
I'll have to check that out. I'd never heard that that elm was good for anything...thanks.

sonorK

Post Number: 1146
Posted on Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 11:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's one for Al Gorelioni -

Coolest July 21 recorded in Nashville as cool wave continues in Tenn.
By Associated Press
7:59 AM CDT, July 21, 2009

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) Cool weather has broken a previous low temperature for July 21 in Nashville that was set when Rutherford B. Hayes was president.

When the temperature at the National Weather Service station dipped to 58 degrees at 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday, it wiped out the previous record low for the date of 60 degrees, which was set in 1877.

NWS forecaster Bobby Boyd noted it was the third consecutive morning when Nashville either tied or broke a daily low temperature record.

Temperatures were cool, but did not break records at several Tennessee cities.

Knoxville dropped to 59 degrees Tuesday morning, Chattanooga had 60 degrees, Tri-Cities recorded 58 degrees and Memphis was 69 degrees.

anna

Post Number: 2203
Posted on Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 1:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, it's an old remedy, you can still buy the lozenges for sore throats at most drug stores...

Lucky you, it was 104 yesterday and about the same today. But it's a dry heat :-)

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 965
Posted on Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thunderstorms and forest fires this wk in my part of Northern California. And 40 degrees F. at night,brrr...Not Normal.

anna

Post Number: 2291
Posted on Thursday, August 06, 2009 - 3:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, we're supposed to have a record LOW for the HIGH tomorrow, 65!!! It's been 90-ish for the last couple of weeks. Rained really hard today with 2 more storms coming thru this afternoon, but cooler and we needed the rain :-)

wolfshadow

Post Number: 1160
Posted on Saturday, August 08, 2009 - 3:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lot of records being broken.Seattle had record highs since 1891 and down by me we had the wettest July since 1891 a lot of records being broken.
Paddle faster I hear banjo music!

sonorK

Post Number: 1173
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 8:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, we had one the coldest Julys on record in the Midwest.

Leibowitz
Advanced Member
Username: liebowitz

Post Number: 267
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's one for Al Gorelioni -

Ah yes, lets slam Al Gore. Global warming is the measure of average global temperatures, not what's happening locally. What has been predicted is wilder swings in extremes, which is exactly what is happening.

Cool summer here too. I'll take it though, I hate the humidity.
"Are you gonna make it all 220?"
"Yeah. 220... 221, whatever it takes"

graciesmom
Username: jmb

Post Number: 1488
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 12:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Gorelioni! HA! We've had a very cool summer in central PA. We came up here to Lake Erie yesterday and the beach was JAMMED. We asked a few people who said it was one of the few days they'd been to the beach all summer! They also said the waves were unusually rough. I was at Lake Ontario 30 years ago, and they were barely lapping the shore; these were real pounders. I got pulled under and nearly lost my glasses! Today is equally sticky and around 87.
But there are dreams that cannot be,
And there are storms we cannot weather ....

cmi517
Advanced Member
Username: cmi517

Post Number: 208
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 1:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in Jefferson County Alabama we are not able to grow Spanish Moss from the trees. From Montgomery to Selma and on south, it grows everywhere, but here Jefferson County has always been too cold (cold?), yes too cold, to allow the growth of Spanish Moss.
Years ago one of my sisters tried to transplant some Spanish Moss into her backyard, tried and tried to get that stuff to grow, but it was just too mild/cold/whatever. Here in Jefferson County (Birmingham).
Yesterday I'm driving down a busy road (here in Jefferson County) and what do I see--Spanish Moss hanging from a tree.
Birmingham is about 1 hour's drive north of Montgomery. And now we have Spanish Moss. Mind you, I've only seen it that one time, but I'm keeping my eyes open.

Leibowitz
Advanced Member

Post Number: 269
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 1:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, Al Gore's heart's in the right place. It doesn't help that he's a rich guy that who's "carbon footprint" is as big as a greyhound bus. But he's an easy target.

I was on Lake Superior not to long ago and the water was like glass. I'd never seen it that way, and most I talked to that day felt the same. eerie. I'll take the cool summer, it's just the COLD winter I could do without.

sonorK

Post Number: 1176
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 2:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If Al Gore had a heart, I doubt it would be in the right place. He's an elitist wonk who found a gravy train.

Temps have flat lined or cooled since our 'hottest' year in 1998. Eerily following sunspot activity - or lack thereof.

Just the opinion of a small scale environmental scientist turned full time soldier....

Bob Friedman
Username: bobufo

Post Number: 3395
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 5:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

strange skies over the San Fernando Valley.
There have not been any chemtrails for about a week!
"it's the cracked ones
that let the light in"

Leibowitz
Advanced Member

Post Number: 273
Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"If Al Gore had a heart, I doubt it would be in the right place. He's an elitist wonk who found a gravy train."

maybe he should see the wizard of oz for a new one?

anna

Post Number: 2321
Posted on Thursday, August 13, 2009 - 4:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting local news tidbit today- BLM reported due to the "unusual" weather this spring/summer season we had 2,000 acres of fires from july - august instead of the "normal" 44,000!!! Excellent!!!

wolfshadow

Post Number: 1182
Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 8:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Our summer has been mild to what it usually is temps only got into the 100's for about a week and a half and then dropped to the point of 60's at night.i just hope I get snow this winter.
Paddle faster I hear banjo music!

anna

Post Number: 2348
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 12:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ooooo, it's been in the 70's this week, it's heavenly! Usually in the 90's or 100's!!! And we had lots of "fall" rain a week or so ago, really greened everything up :-)

Bob Friedman
Username: bobufo

Post Number: 3408
Posted on Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 9:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

still no chemtrails here in San Fernando Valley, 2 weeks now!
"it's the cracked ones
that let the light in"