Archive through March 26, 2009 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Superstorm / Climate Change » Post Your Weird Weather Here » Archive through March 26, 2009 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sharon2
Username: sharon2468

Post Number: 1726
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Anna, I did a lot of preparing before y2k. I tend to worry about things so the peace of mind was invaluable. We looked into solar but were told Ohio did not have enough sun to be able to depend on that option. We also looked into a hand pump but the well was too deep.

Second Wind, We bought our generator the end of '99'. We had an electrician install it to our power box so all we had to do was click over to the pre-planned switches we needed. THIS was the first time we have ever had to use it. It worked great but it was REALLY NOISY! We parked it outside our attached garage. We ran it four hours in the morning and four hours in the evening. The milk that was in the frige is still OK. My husband had to find a gas station that was still open. We never thought of that. A generator wouldn't do much good without gas.

Animalspirits, tell your friend hello for me. We'll never forget this one! The day seemed so long without electricity. No computer! Our land line was out as well but the cell phones worked fine. We used our 'crank' radio and our stockpile of votive candles. Very glad for those!
Yesterday our daughter and her husband helped us clean up the yard. Their work places were still without power.

Only two days without power but it seemed a lot longer!

animalspirits
Username: animalspiritstalstarcom

Post Number: 3780
Posted on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sharon,

She said the same thing. I just got an email from her telling me her landline phone was working, but they still have no power. They have to have a generator as they are on well water.

Yep...you have to have gas. We have about 10 or so cans to fill before the storm hits. If we don't need the gas, we use it in the cars. You can also add a stabilizer to the cans that allows you to keep the gas for months.

They are noisy. Just make sure you don't use it in a garage/enclosed space or you can get carbon monoxide in your house.

I am very happy you have your power back.
Understand that all things are sacred--yet nothing is sacred.

~Yotee Coyote

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member
Username: lassen_sage

Post Number: 278
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 3:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Strange thunder storm,all rolling booms and major sheet lightning.

I thought it was the nightime chemtrail planes,LOL...

Feels like extra electric alright,makes every movement feel bouncy to me.Sounds like fun,but it's NOT..

Extra loud buzz in my head,kinda eeeee sound..

Guess everyone went to bed..

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 1993
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

LS.....yeppers, got the "eeeeee" sound really bad in my head tonight.

About the weird and extremely loud thunder/explosions.....

This has been happening here is West Texas, for about the past couple of years.

Even neighbors and local news people have remarked about it being the loudest, and strangest, thunder and lightning they have ever experienced.

It really freaks me out, because it reminds me of something....but I don't know what.

All I can say is....and please don't laugh.....

When I saw Spielberg's "War Of The Worlds", the thing that scared me the most - and, in fact, sent me into a ridiculous, out-of-proportion anxiety reaction so bad I had to call my sister - was the lightning and thunder during the beginning of the "invasion".

I do not know why I had such a reaction. And I don't know what it "reminds" me of.

I try to tell myself that it just reminds me of being scared by thunderstorms when I was little.....but it's more than that. But what?
"In the end, only kindness matters."

blue
Advanced Member
Username: jennyblue

Post Number: 368
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 9:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it makes sense, second wind. you cld be remembering the storm that is to come -- the edge of the "changes" in my visions involves a storm of earth changing proportions.

it is the time that "halloween" remembers -- when all the doors between worlds shake loose (lots of lightning and thunder -- even w/out the rain) and all kinds of beings and things flying in/out/thru our world It was so eerie in that movie -- almost like the atmosphere was not quite right, like it was altered. I still find it quite frightening as well ...

also, i love storms but the wind and lightening are frighten me more often during the past decade or so than in the previous four-- or so it seems to me.

mary, jesus' mother, when she has appeared to others to speak of this event, has advised people to go inside with plenty of candles, water, and blankets. It sounds as tho the whole thing starts with the sun. she has said an enormous storm will be followed by a darkness that will last three days and three nights. demons and all kinds of "other worldly" creatures will roam the world oustide one's doors. My guess is that many of us carry a genetic memory of the event. One's soul may also carry memories of such events on earth.
We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Hopi Elders 2001.

Second Wind
Username: second_wind

Post Number: 2021
Posted on Wednesday, September 24, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Those are very good observations, blue. You could be right on the money.

"you cld be remembering the storm that is to come -- the edge of the "changes" in my visions involves a storm of earth changing proportions."

WOW! That's exactly how it feels, now that I actually think about what you just said!! It is more like a premonition, than a memory of something past. Dear Lord.....

"It was so eerie in that movie -- almost like the atmosphere was not quite right, like it was altered."

BINGO!

Once again, one understands the simplistic truth of the expression, "Ignorance is bliss"!!
"In the end, only kindness matters."

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 385
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 7:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Brrr,30 here this morning with high winds all night.
Our light snow flurries consisted of 3 snow flakes!!!

anna
Username: anna

Post Number: 1782
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Snow here too! Really early!
Be the wave....

anna

Post Number: 1784
Posted on Saturday, October 11, 2008 - 4:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

29 tonite with 30 mile per hour winds. Brrrr....
Be the wave....

gridghost
Intermediate Member
Username: gridghost

Post Number: 130
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 7:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yesterday was weird here in sweden. Its autumn here and usually this time of year its cold, rain and wind... cold winds, i might add.

Yesterday, though, it was nearly 20 degrees celsius, clear, and almost summery weather with warm winds... not that i complain, but its strange nonetheless.
"Life is like a golfball. A series of hard blows, just to end up in a hole in the ground"

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Monday, October 13, 2008 - 8:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We are having the same type of
weather here in my part of Canada..
S/B 14c and its 25c but out west
its snowing..better them than me

anna

Post Number: 1785
Posted on Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 10:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Supposed to be 70 by end of the week
Be the wave....

Kokopelli
Advanced Member
Username: auriga560

Post Number: 347
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 9:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Bad news on AOL today ...

http://news.aol.com/article/arctic-temperatures-hit-record-highs/214670
Knowing is arrogant; not knowing is stupidity; the way is far beyond both of these.

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 426
Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 9:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's too warm here during the day for this time of year. High 70's during the day and almost freezing most nights. Normal would be 42 to 52 during the day and freezing at night.

I had to get the hoses out and start watering again.

And what is with all the twins? We saw more twin fawns this yr then single fawns, so it seemed the normal was twins this year.

Whenever I make phone calls to take care of business I always ask about weather conditions. This yr I also asked about deer and found twin fawns being born until very late all the way back to New York.

graciesmom
Username: jmb

Post Number: 1164
Posted on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 7:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lassen, really toasty here in central PA during the day, too. Also, it has been balmy and windy, but dark and creepy! At night the moon is so bright, I can walk Gracie, as she's had to get up and pee twice. I love walking in the moonlight. No UFOS lol! No twin fawns here, just singles, but a much bigger deer population, in general. WAY too much road kill, sad.
De profundis clamavi ad te Domine
Donae nobis pacem

(Out of the deep have I cried to you, Lord, Grant us peace.}

anna

Post Number: 1786
Posted on Saturday, October 18, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Warmer and indian-summerish. Pretty! :-)
Be the wave....

blue
Advanced Member

Post Number: 396
Posted on Friday, October 24, 2008 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

found this on Halloween

Celtic sagas tell of many important heroic and prophetic events occurring on Samhain. It was a sacred time, during which warriors were ordered to lay down arms and observe a peace. Great feasting and ritualized drunkenness were the rule: revelers consumed huge quantities of mead and beer. Yet it was a serious event: anyone who missed the festival ran the risk of going mad and dying, according to legend.

"In marking the onset of winter, Samhain was closely associated with darkness and the supernatural," adds Nicholas Rogers, a York University history professor and author of Halloween: From Pagan Ritual To Party Night. "The festival was closely related with prophecy and story-telling." It was a time out of time, "charged with a peculiar preternatural energy."

sidhe (burial mound) in Ireland

Samhain was considered a period "between years," a magical interval during which the spirits of the dead spilled out of the sidhe, the ancient burial mounds of the Celts, and walked among the living. "It was an intensely spiritual time, for it was the one period when the Otherworld became visible to mankind," writes Peter Ellis in The Dictionary Of Celtic Mythology.

from http://www.cultureplanet.com/news2.htm

i have often wondered where the earth's axis wld be if November 1st was the winter solstice.

(Message edited by jennyblue on October 24, 2008)
Hopi Elders 2001.

buddie

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 3:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well something Did happen in 1972..
something to do with the Sun and
Earth wobbles and I think X help..
Maybe we had not reached our full
potential here on Earth..and the
True Soul Savers stepped in to make
us happy ..there is documentation of
such a stand off in the research of
the Cosmos in some books ..

I'm happy because back in 1972 I only
had my first

lisa
Username: thunderchicken

Post Number: 85
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 7:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, here in southwest florida we broke a 98 year record for the coldest temperature. It was 47 here last night and yesterday didn't get out of the 60's. Our normal overnights should be in the 60's this time of year. England had the earliest snowfall in 74 years and the northeast just got an early nor'easter.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle, the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein

animalspirits

Post Number: 4097
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 7:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm in the FL panhandle and I have been freezing my na-na off for the last two days...makes these old bones hurt.

~Yotee Coyote

Angelseeker
Username: angelseeker

Post Number: 58
Posted on Wednesday, October 29, 2008 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in Vegas, we are experiencing near record warm temperatures for this time of year. We should be in the mid to low 70's, but we are in the mid to high 80's during the day.

Starcatcher
Username: starcatcher

Post Number: 77
Posted on Friday, October 31, 2008 - 5:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Overnight on 29/30 October 2008, the county of Devon in the UK - and the town of Ottery St. Mary in particular - was hit a by a freak hailstorm which left hail drifts up to six feet deep.

This BBC News page includes photographs and video:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7700167.stm

The south-east of England also experienced up to an inch of snow overnight 28/29 October - the first time snow has settled on the ground in London during October since 1934, and in the greater south-eastern part of England since 1974:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/oct/29/weather-london

Brrr!
The true and the real are often confused.
--------------------------------------------
,`, StarCatcher ,`,

Lassen Sage
Advanced Member

Post Number: 452
Posted on Sunday, November 02, 2008 - 6:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

40 and lots of rain here which we really needed. Maybe snow tonight about 5,000ft elevation expected, so we might get a little here.

Cats in, cats out, but not for long. Our doggers prefer snow so they are napping next to the woodstove.

Snow boots,wool socks,gloves,hats and thermals, snow shovels at hand, we are almost ready for a winter wonderland.

blue
Advanced Member

Post Number: 410
Posted on Monday, November 03, 2008 - 5:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

not really weather but some strange happenings w/the tides (cause unknown) in May on 10/28/08.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=95126&catid=2

an excerpt: BOOTHBAY HARBOR (NEWS CENTER) -- Some boats were scratched and docks damaged Tuesday afternoon when low tide became high within a matter of minutes.

Locals in the area say it happened about 6 or 7 times throughout the afternoon. They say it surged in within a matter of 5 minutes, then flowed back out just as quickly.

The National Weather Service says the cause "remains a mystery and may never be known."

p.s. October 28th was a New Moon (7:14 EDT)

(Message edited by jennyblue on November 03, 2008)
Hopi Elders 2001.

anna

Post Number: 1793
Posted on Friday, November 21, 2008 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Way too mild this month, but finally cooling and getting a tiny bit of rain. Hoping for more!
Be the wave....

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 533
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 9:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

60 degrees F plus days instead of snow here, makes it way too mild here,also. At least we have had some rain.

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 534
Posted on Saturday, November 29, 2008 - 10:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dang, it was so warm today the trees started dripping sap again. 5 sets of little cat paws full of sticky sap and crud all jumping in bed with me. I will be happy to have snow,instead.

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 2279
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ah, the wonders of Texas weather! Yesterday, our high temperature was 79 degrees. Today, our expected high is 29 degrees.

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 562
Posted on Monday, December 15, 2008 - 1:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Today we have a good foot and a half of the fluffy white stuff. Just dug out the sidewalks, dog walks and a place for the garbage can. And it's still coming down. Very cold weather predicted, more extreme then normal.

Angelseeker

Post Number: 62
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 6:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's snowing for the second time in a week in Vegas!!!

animalspirits

Post Number: 4203
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's in the mid 70s here in Tally...and very foggy. Very unusual for this time of year.

weather.

~Yotee Coyote

Mama Shine
Username: mama_shine

Post Number: 9194
Posted on Wednesday, December 17, 2008 - 6:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Same here AS...the fog is so thick
right now I can't see across the canal.
I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~William Blake

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 564
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 1:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Clear and a bone-chilling 13 degrees F. We had about 2 ft from this last storm. Another due late Thurs. with more snow continuing through Tuesday.

Oh, joy,,,wish I had a sauna, a good steam and a roll in the snow for those aching muscles. I overdid the shoveling and resorted to a bowl of snow and a hot shower, yeow..it worked...

erBinn
Intermediate Member
Username: erbium

Post Number: 177
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The weather is off its rocker because we never learned how to control it properly.

susi t
Username: just_visiting

Post Number: 1567
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

last night the temp was 51. tonight it's supposed to freeze. quite a jump.
don't go to bed angry....stay up and plot your revenge.

allen
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 833
Posted on Thursday, December 18, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

snow in vegas????

Angelseeker

Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 2:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yep...3 to 5 inches in some places. It was the second time this week. We are expecting snow again on the 27th. It is really cold here right now!

erBinn
Intermediate Member
Username: erbium

Post Number: 181
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

O! THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS RANDOM
AND IVE GOT SOME CORN FOR POPPIN'

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 571
Posted on Friday, December 19, 2008 - 2:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Angelseeker so you know how the strip is doing? My friend is moving stuff out of a storage unit right on the strip today, and I am wondering if she made it OK in the traffic. Have you been out and about today, if I may ask?

Angelseeker

Post Number: 64
Posted on Saturday, December 20, 2008 - 9:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sorry it took so long to answer. Our streets have pretty much been clear since Thursday. Snow doesn't last long here. Now it may snow on the 25th instead of the 27th. Our weather is so unstable sometimes! All I know is that my thermometer outside is currently reading 38 degrees!

dakel
Advanced Member
Username: dakel

Post Number: 371
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 9:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

big storm here in seattle. snow keeps comin!

anna

Post Number: 1798
Posted on Sunday, December 21, 2008 - 10:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Big snow here too, expecting 6-10" tonite/tmorrow morning. This is the 2nd winter we have had snow, on the ground, fro more than a week or 2. A trend here.....

And snow in Vegas- now THAT'S strange, like Vegas isn't weird enough...
Be the wave....

xretsim
Username: xretsim

Post Number: 868
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 7:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it's unusally warm here in the south east of norway. 46.4 f, and not a grain of snow (what little there was melted away). it's like a sunny day in october. we have definitely been seeing a warming trend here since 1986. my childhood winters were always snowy and cold.

Sharon2

Post Number: 2008
Posted on Monday, December 22, 2008 - 9:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Central Ohio - It went down to four degrees last night with a wind chill of 15 below zero! That's feakin' cold for this time of year.

We've had an unusually cold pre-winter. Our bad weather doesn't normally start until mid January or later. There are exceptions to the rule though.
Life goes on!

Edwina!
Username: mad_queen_edwina

Post Number: 88
Posted on Tuesday, December 23, 2008 - 5:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No snow here, just bone-chilling cold.
Liberty or Death!

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 583
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 7:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Icy heavy rain here, which is weird as it reads 29 degrees F, well below 32 degees F and freezing,,,it should be snow falling...roads are going to be a mess....hope I don't need a pick-axe to clear the snow away from my porch,,,it's piled up to the railings and I am getting an igloo effect.......

I should have asked for snowshoes for X-mass,dang..

allen
Username: eastsider01

Post Number: 846
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 2:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lassen it can snow at 40 degrees and turn directly to ice from 32 degrees on down.

bean
Username: tina

Post Number: 687
Posted on Thursday, December 25, 2008 - 3:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mist and cloud
on this cool winter day
Wet leaves cling to brown
Barron branch touches grey.

Cool, moist air
a hint of breeze
the birds singing riot
for sleepers, a tease.

Grateful greens
still damp of rain
with bud that can flurish
cold, wet...not a bane.

Peaceful. quiet
this cool winter day
light candles, a fire,
a book...at home stay.

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 586
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 5:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Snow is heavy stuff. I just caught a news story about a school roof collapsing from the weight of the snow.
I start to get nervous when we get 4 ft overhead and more coming. Last year a lot of metal storage sheds collapsed on this street.

It's funny, but we get snow belts. These are also areas that get heavier rain fall. They also have lakes or main streams. And so we tend to get a few inches more snow in my neighborhood.

Not enough snow for snow mobiles, too many trees for cross country skies make tractors and over-powered ATVs the favorite take the kids to the bus stop transportation.................... SUV's are handy in the snow, but it takes less digging make an ATV pathway out to the plowed road.....
ATV stands for ALL-Terrain -Vehicle. An open cab type fiberglass body and motorcycle engine with 4 small knobby tires. If you love motorcycles, you won't like riding one of these.

Most 4wheel drives will go through a couple of feet of wet snow, and soft snow tires grip well enough to get over most icy snow,,,but they handle mushy on our Jimmy,,OK below 40 mph,,....unnerving at higher speeds on our slanted for run-off highway.
Chains on a front wheel drive van or car, if you can get out of your driveway, work pretty good. Front wheel drives handle better in the snow, if you have enough clearance. About half the folks around here drive front wheel drive cars all winter..and some drive what they have, no matter what the weather....

I share hope folks are prepared in their travels...chains, blankets, warm clothes, boots and a little food and water.

Sharon2

Post Number: 2016
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 9:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Another turn around in Central Ohio - Today is supposed to reach an all time high. Right this minute it is 53 degrees and might go up another ten! Normal is in the 30s.
Life goes on!

blue
Advanced Member

Post Number: 437
Posted on Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 1:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think someone/s playing w/the jet stream again -- perhaps those of us so inclined can focus on earth's well being/balance.

The current bevy of storm systems are popping up rapid fire along a jet stream that is behaving in a spring/fall manner -- rather than in winter/summer mode. It cld be "natural" but I am doubting that bigtime. The storms that many of us are experiencing are popping up in a fashion not unlike those that were spawning hurricanes (off the coast of Africa) late in August (Galveston).

Cold and warm spells are not uncommon in the upper midwest -- but for them to occur up/down over the course of a day or two and then repeat again over several weeks is highly unusual. I think someone/s is yanking our chain/s again. I think they are counting on the more spiritually aware of us to think this is just part of the changes -- but historically in all technologically advanced "changes" times -- there have been forces which have "tipped" the scales thru misuse of technology. I hope most of us have learned by now that the more technologically advanced a system is -- the easier it is to sabotage it thru mind/soul power. (ie., its a lot easier to move electrons around than it is to unlock (with your mind) a huge mechanical lock). Just adding our focus/energy to earth to help earth reach balance shld work best.

and I believe Dannion Brinkley is right -- that much of the worst that is happening in our collectively shared world right now is an effort to distract us from the Christ energy (tho he does not use the word Christ) pouring into our world at this time.
Hopi Elders 2001.

Buddie

Post Number: 1440
Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My energy's lifting.. today I noticed
we still had some daylight when I left
work at 5 PM Yeahhhh
I'm not making this stuff up..
I'm imagining it..

anna

Post Number: 1802
Posted on Friday, January 09, 2009 - 12:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had quite a bit of snow for a week, almost 2 then 56!!! It was like spring. Next day, 40, then 30.

49 today, supposed to be a high in the 30's tomorrow, then colder. Pick a season already...
Be the wave....

anna

Post Number: 1804
Posted on Monday, January 19, 2009 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fog, freezing, air stagnation for the last 2 weeks. YUCK! I need something- blue skies, rain, snow, just end the fog already :-(
Be the wave....

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 651
Posted on Monday, February 02, 2009 - 9:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yawning,ahh..Our sunny Weather for the next wk with high temps has changed in the last 2 hrs to snow at 4,000ft on Thursday. A storm coming in from the w.coast..doesn't make sense as the coast is almost never freezing cold and the systems from Hawaii are warm.

Snow storms should come from the North. It is only in the last 3 yrs that our winter storms here in Far Northern CA.(think almost in Oregon) have started coming from the West.

zendor
Username: wizardofoz

Post Number: 551
Posted on Monday, February 09, 2009 - 6:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

On our side of the planet, we have been having a record heat wave, It had been over 40C here for the past week or so (I think this is 105F ).

See Record-breaking heat scorches southern Australia

Thankfully it is back to 22C (72F) today (it actually feels cold) where I live. In Victoria, it looks like 200 dead in the bushfire tragedy, which is not yet over See Grisly body search continues as death toll rises

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 674
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 8:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

SNOW,a good fluffy 2 feet overnight and more coming down here in the mountain highlands underneath the shadow of a simmering volcano.

anna

Post Number: 1817
Posted on Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 3:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We've had fog, then cold and dry, air inversion (bad air) and now more (minor) snow on the way. I am SO ready for spring!!!!
Be the wave....

sonorK
Username: sonork

Post Number: 879
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 2:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sage,
What volcano are you in the vicinity of? Not Redoubt I hope.

Just for the official record - The US has been suffering below normal temps for the last year..... not what Dr. Hansen seems to think.
Universal Health Care: The DMV with wounds.

Bob Friedman
Username: bobufo

Post Number: 2886
Posted on Monday, February 16, 2009 - 8:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i'm in the San Fernando Valley (L.A.), and we just had a sudden hail storm for a few minutes! it got realy dark and cold, then poured little pea-sized pellets, then the sun shone down and warmed us up instantly. We in our apartment complex were all rejoicing! so odd!
"it's the cracked ones
that let the light in"

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 682
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 2:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

sonork, Mount Lassen in Lassen National Park is about 20 miles N.East of my home. It last erupted in 1915. Annual snowfall is 660 to over a 1,000 inches of snow annually.

Mount Shasta is less then 75 miles away as the crow flies.

sonorK
Username: sonork

Post Number: 882
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 8:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Groovy. I kinda wish I could go back out West to live. I used to live in Laramie, WY for a short time as a kid. I loved the mountains....

I got to spend some time at Ft. Lewis in 1991 and would spend every evening sitting on the steps with a cold beer and a cheap cigar and just look at Mt. Ranier.

Absolutely lovely land.
Universal Health Care: The DMV with wounds.

anna

Post Number: 1819
Posted on Saturday, March 07, 2009 - 1:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

68 on Mon., was a record high.

Snowed last night and today, 20 tonite. Brrrrr...
Be the wave....

Aprylla
Username: astralgazer

Post Number: 2359
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 3:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Big blizzard just hit my region. Some snow drifts in my yard are almost up to the roof. I'm going to take pics after work and try to get them up soon. Seems like it was a normal winter for us. Last few winters have been pretty mild temps. This one kicked us in the arse. Makes sense though since we are at a solar minimum.
"Let apathy police the populace." Flobots

Lassen Sage

Post Number: 725
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 4:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wish I remembered just where your region is located, Aprylla. Drifts up to the roof,yee Gads!!!
What do you do with all that snow?

My Dad used to talk of tunneling through the snow to get to the barn and outhouse in the winter. He was raised on a ranch in Montana located on the Snake River outside of Great Falls. Guess he wasn't kidding about the tunnels.

miaree9
Username: miaree9

Post Number: 2524
Posted on Wednesday, March 11, 2009 - 4:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Geez, Aprylla, stay safe and warm!

Here in central Texas, we have been having lovely spring weather for the last week or so, with temperatures climbing into the 70s and 80s. Today, however, it's cold, dreary, and rainy, with a temperature right now of 35--and a wind chill factor of 27.

I came here to complain, but, after seeing Aprylla's post, I've had serious second thoughts!

Aprylla

Post Number: 2363
Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2009 - 1:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've heard TX is in a really bad drought. Anyways. Yeah I'm in ND. Whole Eastern half of the state was shut down. Got out of work for a day though. :-) Last chance for me to take a picture of it tonight because tomorrow it's supposed to start warming up. It'll melt then we'll get a huge spring flood, like we do almost every year. My sump pump will be going non-stop. The problem with the flooding is that the farmers dig deeper and deeper ditches every year. So all the water from up in the higher regions is funneling faster down to the valley. Flooding the Red River. The biggest cities are by the river so everyone gets together and sandbags. I've done it a couple years. It's actually kind of fun.

Aprylla

Post Number: 2377
Posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well massive flooding is supposed to hit my region. Went sandbagging this weekend and my legs are killing me. If they let us out of work I will go again. Pop some Ibuprofen and keep going. That's all you can do in times like these. Heard that it's supposed to dip below freezing on Wednesday. If that happens sandbags will freeze and they will essentially be worthless. People in this area should have learned their lesson after the flood of 1997 but many homes were put up in slough-like areas. Also the city has had over a decade and no new flood walls were put up. Now they are scrambling to build earthen dams. So send good vibes our way.

Aprylla

Post Number: 2379
Posted on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 11:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We now have a winter storm warning on top of the existing flooding. I wasn't too worried and my spirits were high all this week. Now I'm getting a tad troubled by this latest development. I'm on sandbag dike patrol on Thursday morning. Send me lots of warm thoughts!

The Watcher
Username: the_watcher

Post Number: 3523
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 5:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So you live in ND, the land of the Sioux. No amount of sandbagging or Ibuprofen or praying to your God will prevent your gradual but inevitable demise. The Great Mother will return to those souls who lived in harmony with her.

Getting out of "work" for a day. What a blessing those who came after the cancer of Western "civilization" could hope for, along with endless growth, cars, flat screen televisions, and all the pollution, carcinogens, and raping and pillaging of the planet which are just now coming back to haunt you.

You at first dig your sand bags, then your graves. The continent was doomed in 1492, and no amount of prayers,sand bags, military interventions, and other collective forms of psychosis, hypocrisy, and primitive disrespect for life forms will ever save you from the path you have now chosen.

In the meantime, keep digging, keep praying. That Garden of Eden, the fountain of eternal youth, these notions of endless growth, these rather obvious delusions that one race of people are "on God's side" or were meant to be are soon to crash in on those who ascribed to such delusions like a house of glass, like a house of paper cards.

Meanwhile, watch the Great Mother whom you were supposed to respect and revere, yet raped and destroyed like it was your littering box, turn against you and your children in the years to come

You only have yourselves to blame

Aprylla

Post Number: 2380
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Noted and reported The Watcher.

Sharon2

Post Number: 2249
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Aprylla, I admire your spirit! I hope your efforts pay off. Prayers and best wishes!
It's always somethin'

blue

Post Number: 520
Posted on Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 8:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yes, Aprylla, i totally concur w/Sharon2. Keep safe and warm and pass the sandbags please :-) . . .
Hopi Elders 2001.

Sharon2

Post Number: 2253
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 9:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Aprylla, do you know any of these sandbaggers?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/26/us/26flood.html?_r=1&th&emc=th
It's always somethin'

The Watcher
Username: the_watcher

Post Number: 3526
Posted on Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 12:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

World wide draughts with simultaneous flooding. We had the coldest winter in decades, and it still hasn't left us yet. Meanwhile, across the globe, Australia, which has its summers while we have our winters, was literally scorched by the hot summer sun.

Then you factor in the decline of the bees, mass extinctions of various species in just a relative tick on the earth's geological clock, and I should think that at least someone would begin to feel or sense that the earth itself is turning against the parasites that are making her sick. Look for world wide pandemics and as the global economic melt down continues unabated, an increase in wars and plagues as people are malnutritioned and crowded into make shift unsanitary tent cities and FEMA style camps. I should think that someone out there should come to their senses and realize we are seeing the end times, as the xtians call it.

Remember the dates December 21st-22nd 2012, when the constellation of Orion is in the same alignment as it was some 12,000 years ago. The judger of mankind. We have been weighed in the scales and found wanting. Sooner or later, the sheets get balanced.