Archive through February 11, 2007 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Superstorm / Climate Change » Post Your Weird Weather Here » Archive through February 11, 2007 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rebecca
Intermediate Member
Username: rebecca

Post Number: 102
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Etoile- no I did not notice the red sky. But you're right, we will have to rely on our intuition. I'm just too used to ignoring it so it's rusty.

Jimmy
Advanced Member
Username: chippyo

Post Number: 276
Posted on Monday, January 08, 2007 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

cosmic seeker...

Pitiful story in the toronto star.

I put off new snowboard gear this year for this reason.

"Old Wine in New Bottles..."- SBWII

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member
Username: janetgr

Post Number: 260
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 8:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Day before yesterday we had a high of almost 80; we haven't had the heat on in ages. We actually broke down and turned on the AC a couple of times when it was warm and rainy. This morning I wake up and it is 28 degrees and the grass is frosted. That is more like a normal temp for January. It is only supposed to hit 55 today, get colder tonight and only go to 50 tomorrow. I might get to wear that new sweater I got for Christmas.
Janet

BELIEVE--things happen for a reason!

Etoile
Advanced Member
Username: etoile

Post Number: 291
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

www.waynemadsenreport.com Read this article pertaining to what may be causing the gas smells in NYC and N.J.

Etoile
Advanced Member
Username: etoile

Post Number: 292
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Granny,
I've been checking on some other sites today and have found reference to people feeling a "shift" toward the end of Dec. and up to New Year's Eve. It seems the sense of something being different has occurred to individual's randomly but all have experienced this as having happened between Dec.16 and Jan.01.

The shift from 3d to 4d may have actually started several years ago and it is just now reaching increased momentum which we are able to perceive. That would explain the sense of time being different. Also, it seems that many of us are dreaming of being with people and in places previously unknown much more frequently these past months. Maybe these are past life memories being stirred up by the time causality loop? During sleep we may be traveling back and forth on this time loop which is undergoing structural changes in tension.

I was going to post this on the "Help, Time Slips Out of Control" thread but it must have fallen off of the board... I could not find it today.

anna
Advanced Member
Username: anna

Post Number: 458
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 8:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Maybe that's why I have a sudden urge to stockpile stuff? We have had too many swings this winter today, high today 53, high of 20 by Fri. Pick a season already!!!

Granny
Advanced Member
Username: phar9

Post Number: 442
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes ...

After a December and beginning January that were far too warm, with the trees budding and about to burst into bloom ... it snowed like mad this am ... 32 last night ... snow today around 34 ... then temp up to 39 ... so it did not stick, but it sure was pretty.

Gran

starspirit
Username: starspirit

Post Number: 1773
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hmmm I keep getting the feeling "tropical" world will become the norm...

starspirit

Post Number: 1775
Posted on Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

one good thing to come out of the recent tropical weather up here in Boston, is that our heating bills are nil.

oh & those poor oil & gas companies are crying up here due to lack of profit.
lol it's about time they felt like the rest of us

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1369
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 2:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ever since Dhyann posted, I've been downloading "The Langoliers". I just watched it. Damned disturbing ! Especially for an earth sensitive who's been hearing a weird sound non-stop now for a couple of weeks. In my geekish brain I would call The Langoliers "macrochronitons" LOL But yes, the similarities were pretty spot on.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1370
Posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 - 2:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/01/09/coping.with.change.ap/index.html

This talks about how certain people have an advantage in evolution for fast climate change.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

starspirit

Post Number: 1784
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2007 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

the langoliers, lol

Now that sound you are hearing Krystal, yellow related? seems lots of activity over that way...

anna
Advanced Member

Post Number: 462
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 12:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in Boise we were mid 30ish last week, then low 50's, now zero for tomorrow a.m. FREAKY!!! I'm heading for a HOT shower and so glad we insulated our attic last winter and added new therma pane windows!!! I did buy a propane heater too for a REAL emergency, like the furnace dying... just in case...

mothership
Intermediate Member
Username: bob_higgins

Post Number: 137
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 1:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.shropshirestar.co.uk/2007/01/latest-floods-picture-gallery/1/

This is what we have locally this week in Shropshire, UK. Rain, storms terrific winds and very muddy dogs! Jan

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1391
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 4:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sounds like a party over there mothership ! LOL

Central ND is at -20. Unsure of windchill. (I put a thermometer out in my garage.) Finally where we are supposed to be this time of year.

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 3409
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 9:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Southern Ontario..grass is still green
now is plus 7 degrees it's supposed to
dip by Wednesday and I should get
a Snow day..which is You can stay off
work and get paid..I love snow..
just HATE wind chills of minus 14 C..
like 30 below F.. or close I think..
We'll see ..

(Message edited by buddie on January 12, 2007)
Qua da di

Granny
Advanced Member

Post Number: 450
Posted on Friday, January 12, 2007 - 11:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Oh
Krystal ...

You're going to roast in virginia. Better start thinking about ovens blasting and wet blankets thrown over you.

I know, yuck

Gran

Nancy Lyon
Intermediate Member
Username: snolion

Post Number: 139
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 2:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's unseasonably cold here in Northern California tonight may reach down into the teens.

Keep your animals, as you would other members of your family inside!!

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1395
Posted on Saturday, January 13, 2007 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

But nancy..I like catcicles and dogcicles !

Gemini
Advanced Member
Username: gemini

Post Number: 436
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 8:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yesterday morning when I got up it was so warm I opened a couple of windows; this morning it is snowing. lol

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 5217
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 10:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

2 nights ago when my pipes froze, it was 20*. that was a record. the last time it was that cold was 1964.

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 11272
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2007 - 4:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal, I've had fluffed up little birdcicles sitting in my plum tree each AM, waiting for me to feed them and dump and refill their solidly-frozen water dish so that they can drink--!

This weather is SO MUCH COLDER than we're used to here. And it's not to break until later this week, which is also very unusual--we might have one (or at the most two) nights of freezing temps, but NOT a long span of time with it going into the *20's* each night

Our tender Zone 9B plants are shriveled and blackened, too....not sure how many will survive this.
"I think it would be a good idea." Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization ;o)

anna
Advanced Member

Post Number: 470
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 - 9:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Storm in Sweden kills three Sun Jan 14, 4:53 PM
STOCKHOLM (AFP) - Three people were killed in southern Sweden in severe storms that disrupted air, rail and road traffic and caused a power cut, the TT news agency quoted police as saying.

The three victims -- one a nine-year-old boy, the other two motorists, one in his 60s -- died from falling trees, as meteorologists said winds on the southwest coast reached speeds of up to 144 kilometres (90 miles) per hour.

By late afternoon, the storms had left about 270,000 homes without electricity, TT said.

The rail authority Banverket said on its Internet site that train traffic in the affected southwestern regions would be suspended until 2300 GMT because of trees blown on to tracks.

Road traffic was stopped across the Oresund bridge linking Denmark and Sweden while trains were crossing at reduced speed.

The storm also swept into Denmark over the course of the day with falling trees blocking roads, said Danish press agency Ritzau.

At the airport in Gothenburg air traffic was partially affected but a spokesman said it was expected to return to normal during the evening.

"About five or six departures were cancelled ... and some planes preferred to land at other airports, in Oslo or Copenhagen," said spokesman Hans Roennqvist.

Late in the day, the storm moved from the west coast towards the east coast and hit the capital Stockholm, although its intensity had weakened.

"The worst is over... in the evening it will begin to diminish everywhere," said meteorologist Bengt Lindstrom.

sharLr
Advanced Member
Username: sharlr

Post Number: 388
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 2:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We're gearing up for a day full of stormy weather here in the UK. There's talk of gusts up to 90mph, and more average highs of 50mph.

The old windows at the front of my home are rattling quite violently and if I look out towards the sea it's all looking very intense out there.
"Be excellent to each other...." Bill 'n' Ted

fortwynt
Advanced Member
Username: fortwynt

Post Number: 312
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 2:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it's pretty dramatic around here (Charleston, WV) just last week in the 60's low 70's then BAM down into the low teens...no snow or ice though thankfully but im sure its not far behind.
"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

--Ghandi

Dhyan1111
Intermediate Member
Username: dhyan1111

Post Number: 119
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 9:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/01/18/germany.storm.reut/index.html

Freak hurricane in the entire country of Germany. Winds expected of 112 mph

starrover79
Intermediate Member
Username: starrover79

Post Number: 150
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 3:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dhyan, I just read that article about the hurricane that is hitting Germany right now. Man that is really freaky. That would be as strange as a hurricane hitting Chicago or St.Louis.

(Message edited by starrover79 on January 18, 2007)

Stephen Martin
Username: martindoolittle

Post Number: 632
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It has been a freaky day today in the UK with 100mph winds and country wide power cuts, on my way to work I saw two huge trees that had been ripped up and a lamp-post that had broken in two.
Go to www.aliendoodles.com to see my doodle

Stephen Martin
Username: martindoolittle

Post Number: 633
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 6:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It is the day after the wind storm and the news says that 13 people lost their lives to it, plus there are large regions that are still without power.

I just hope that our government will see this as the obvious wake up call that it is concerning our rapidly changing climate.
Go to www.aliendoodles.com to see my doodle

Nina
Advanced Member
Username: nina

Post Number: 391
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 8:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

But they don't Stephen...they just blame it all on ol' el nino and forget about it for another year!

Stifling humid heat wave here in southern Australia. I don't ever recall it being THIS hot THIS early...it has usually been hot in Feb/March the last ten years at least!
"Sometimes we find the message; other times the message finds us, and sometimes we ARE the message."

Thomas
Username: thomas_j_veil

Post Number: 6549
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 10:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I saw the morning news in Seattle a few minutes ago, and they showed a football-sized piece of ice that slammed through somebody's roof, and wound up in their home. Also, I just read that the same thing happened in Philly.

Wasn't that part of The Day After Tomorrow? What's next?
“Question what’s real. Question who’s real. Trust your own discernment.”

starrover79
Intermediate Member
Username: starrover79

Post Number: 152
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 11:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Wasn't that part of the Day After Tomorrow? What's next?"

I'm not sure what's next but a quote from the "Wizard of Oz" keeps coming to mind.
"LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS! OH MY!
LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS! OH MY!
LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS! OH MY!"

Jimmy
Advanced Member
Username: chippyo

Post Number: 289
Posted on Friday, January 19, 2007 - 1:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The ice in question fell through a man's roof in the subarbs of philly, a place called woodlyn.

He put the chunk in the refrigerator. The local press said it was de-iceing from aeroplanes.

This doesn't sound right...if that much ice accumulates on the wing than the plane can't fly. De-icing is on to prevent ANY ice from forming on the wings. Ice would inhibit the plane so the aerilions would not work for landing or take off.

The toilet story sounds equally full of crapola (pardon the pun but it was to easy.), planes land and teh contents are pumped out into sewage trucks.

It's high altitude clouds punching up through the cold air gradient caused by trapped warm air.

Any airline personel out there can help me with this ? Looks like a freelance article is in order.

"Old Wine in New Bottles..."- SBWII

Regina
Username: rchante

Post Number: 880
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 2:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Everyone,

Our local tv news channel, KATU, has attached a link to their website to a video showing the very nasty weather that's battering Europe right now. Here's the news channel link:

http://www.katu.com/

Under videos, look for the third one down titled:

Bad Weather Hammers European Countries

What do you think of that insane German windsurfer? OMG! Well, there's always someone seeing the silver lining of a bad situation. I just can't believe the damage these countries are experiencing, and over a million w/o power? Time to send the prayers..
Hey I got an idea! Let's wake up!

Dhyan1111
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 122
Posted on Sunday, January 21, 2007 - 10:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Weather report from southern Wisconsin

Strange color in the thick cloud cover tonight. Kind of orange but it's getting brighter white. Not the "snowcloud" color of orangish at nighttime but an odd color. Don't know if the brightening of the clouds (almost like twilight brightness at 9:30 p.m.) is a reflection of the snow we got today or ?

The snow we received today (about 6 inches) was the remnants of the vicious ice storm that OK, MO and AR saw this past week. Glad we "just" got snow, not ice!

Wondering this? If weather gets manipulated, to intensify it (could be a form of population control), does the technology (electromagnetism / chemtrails or whatever CAUSED it) remain in the clouds until the clouds dissipate? Or does the weather manipulation technology dissolve much quicker? I'm wondering why the color of the sky is so odd.

Cosmic Seeker
Advanced Member
Username: mikelmn

Post Number: 309
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 5:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Orange snow in Siberia:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/orange-snow-falls-in-siberia/2007/02/02/1169 919501503.html

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1490
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 7:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That link is flawed.. here.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/orange-snow-falls-in-siberia/2007/02/02/1169 919501503.html

Russia's emergency situations ministry said today it was dispatching experts to a Siberian province to find out why yellow and orange snow has been falling in several villages, the ITAR-TASS news agency reported.

"A chemical test unit will be sent to Omsk ... it's main task will be to investigate pollution in the region and establish the degree of danger represented by the anomalous snow fall," the agency quoted an unnamed official from the ministry as saying.

Snow ranging in colour from light yellow to orange and carrying a distinctive "musty" odour was observed yesterday in five districts of Omsk province, which lies in western Siberia and borders Kazakhstan, ITAR-TASS said.

"Residents are advised not to use snow for their household or technical needs and to limit walking, either by people or their pets, in this area," the official said.

The affected area measures about 1,500 square kilometres and is home to over 27,000 people, the ministry said.

Officials have already been gathering snow samples, it added.

The Omsk province is known as a centre of the oil industry and the provincial capital is among Siberia's largest cities.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1491
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 7:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Meanwhile, in ND..things are finally exactly like they should be. Sub zero temps and even snow ! Other than the shoveling.. I'm lovin' it !

Dhyan1111
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 130
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 8:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

No disrespect intended, Krystal, but I don't know how a person can enjoy below zero weather.

I'm back at the Humane Society as Animal Caretaker and I've seen first hand what frostbite does to the tiny creature's ears, tails and feet; not to mention those who just freeze to death. Every winter I send out Prayers of Protection for those companion Animals lost outside.

And that arctic weather takes a lot of people down the drain financially with the extremely high heating bills. I am one who has to choose between going to the grocery store for food and paying on the heating bill.

merovee
Username: merovee

Post Number: 82
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 8:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, isn't scraping ice off of your car fun? Gee whiz! (with lots of sarcasm)

Here in Michigan things were pretty warm. Unseasonably warm, but who's complaining? I even thought maybe I could get off scott free without spending as much as previous years on my heat. Now a deep freeze has arrived, late in the season. It's the law of averages getting us all caught up on our cold for the season. Single digit highs, after just now arriving near season norms for the winter. Winter is almost over, though. Only one more month of potentially really cold stuff.

Cosmic Seeker
Advanced Member
Username: mikelmn

Post Number: 310
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 10:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"That link is flawed.. here."

Both links are exactly the same!

Are you ok, Krystal?

(Message edited by mikelmn on February 01, 2007)

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1492
Posted on Thursday, February 01, 2007 - 11:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

So it is ! I clicked the one you did and it took me to a missing page thingy (within the site) so I did the site's search engine. That's really odd. Oh..I guess it's not odd for me LOL

You have to understand, one of the reasons I chose ND outside of financial, is my health. I don't do well in heat whether it's dry or humid, and I don't do well in humidty. Granted it's very humid here in the summer but that's just 3 months and I stay in the basement. ND is DRY/COLD and it seems to be the only environment that does not cause me pain and alleviates pain to a great extent. The dry/cold winter may only last 3 to 4 months...but it's the only repreive I get. In other states..I don't get that. If I could afford Alaska or Greenland or Canada..I'd go. I walked down to the store today. Oh yah it was cold...and this is coming from someone who has had severe frostbite. I can't stay out in it long. BUT..the entire trek to the store and back was PAIN FREE. When the wind was'nt blowing at me, I had a smile on my face. I almost felt "normal" which for me is a most precious gift.

My dog is a Husky mix. I would'nt have a dog that was not bred for cold in these parts. She has completely her own say as to when she goes out and comes inside, so she's never exposed to more than she can tolerate. I used to have a 1/2 wolf. He was something. He refused to come inside no matter how cold it got. If you tried, he'd jump around and try to knock you into the snow. He had a trick. In the winter, he'd let the snow fall ON him and lay there. The first time he did it..I thought he'd run away, but when I called him..he rose up out of the snow like the abominable LOL. He basically made his own igloos and stayed quite toasty and prefferred them to indoors. Most dogs do not have these kinds of survival instincts though.

Yah..I can't see leaving dogs out in sub zero weather. Wolves might be made for it..but most dogs are not. I think people get confused about what a dog can take. What do you do with frostbitten critters ? Are their owners held responsible in any way ?

anna
Advanced Member

Post Number: 492
Posted on Monday, February 05, 2007 - 9:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Almost 60 today, weird!!!! Up from the 30's last week. Feels like spring, but it won't last....

merovee
Username: merovee

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 11:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It was -2F the other day. We had wind chills of 20f below 0! It's still in the single digits.
Most of the schools are closed. Which is weird for a place this far north.

Granny
Advanced Member

Post Number: 487
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 11:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

With all the roller coaster weather this winter/spring/whatever, one is tempted to dress in the car on the way to work ... but alas ... I fear folks in this small town would run off the road.

You know what is really fun ...

In a quite moment at work or a family reunion or at church ... just imagine everyone is naked. That sure takes the edge off in a stressful moment ... then of course if you really did such a thing ... you could imagine all the policemen naked at the jail.

Gran, unsafe at any speed ... and who does not know wtf is wrong with herself tonight ... just on the manic side ... and wishing she could transform into a cat with thick fur.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1509
Posted on Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yah Gran, I keep telling my dog I'm going to skin her and steal her coat. It's been between -10 and -23 here for a couple of weeks now. Good for my health overall but I've got terribly poor circulation in my legs and feet. I don't own any socks because I hardly ever need them..but this year I kinda do. Getting old I guess. Men's socks don't fit my feet right, I wish they did, I found out they are a heck of a lot cheaper. I tired ebay but most of what they have are regular socks or novelty socks..nothing terribly warm. I found some online sock stores. Women's warm socks are selling for 8 to 24 dollars a pair ! How can a person conserve fuel with warm sock prices that high ? That is some wretched sticker shock !

This probably serves to show how often I buy anything retail. Of course I have not purchased socks for myself in... 20 years ?

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1510
Posted on Friday, February 09, 2007 - 3:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Correction, 8 to 64 dollar a pair ! Well, right now my legs & feet feel like cold stone. I decided to read up on diabetes and feet. It actually prompted me to go to the checkout. I spent 54 bucks on 5 pair of socks. Since I wanted warm, soft socks, and socks that came over my knees..I averaged almost 11 bucks a pair. At these sock prices, Virginia is looking better ...

Granny
Advanced Member

Post Number: 489
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 3:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wow Krystal ...

Over here in Tenn where we think it is cold at 30 degrees, I not only wear socks, I wear leg warmers.

For me that is the greatest invention I have ever discovered. They were the rage a few years back and you always saw them on dancers. I always supposed there was a specific benefit for dancers ... what, keeping the muscles loose ... or something. I once tried to research that online but never found a reason for it. Course ... that was before Google.

I am very hot natured myself and run around in short sleeves year round ... never wear a coat unless it is windy ... but the leg warmers are just the trick. Makes me feel warm and toasty all over somehow.

Ah ... and a great tip for the kids. You know how you often get holes in the footy part of a sock, but the legging part is just fine. If there are small children in the house, you can just cut off the bottom and wow ... instant leg warmers.

Gran

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 1517
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 12:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"you can just cut off the bottom and wow ... instant leg warmers. "

Oh they got that from the movie "Tank Girl" LOL she wore them as arm warmers though.

I'm usually too warm too. I think the difference this year might be that dave is'nt here to rub my legs and feet. He does it because of the pain I get but evidently it's helped my circulation too. That or the nerve damage and diabtes finally just did a number on my legs & feet. It's been like walking on cold stone. It's a good company I found the socks with. They shipped immediately and no charge on shipping. PLUS..they are'nt old lady type socks. They are kewl looking and warm LOL..them looking kewl is the most important part. hee hee http://www.sock-dreams.com/_shop/edit/index.php
I may be old & ugly but my socks don't hafta be ! Since my feet are a problem too, leg warmers would not be adequate but they have thigh highs on this site. I got a couple pairs of those and some sloch socks and new Zealand fuzzy bed socks.

ND is in a heat wave. It's currently -4 F This is the warmest it's been in a few weeks.

Granny
Advanced Member

Post Number: 492
Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 2:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal ...

"Oh they got that from the movie "Tank Girl" LOL she wore them as arm warmers though."

Actually ... never saw "Tank Girl" ... it is probably interesting if wearing cut off sockies on your arms is any indication.

Gran :-)