Archive through December 26, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Superstorm / Climate Change » Post Your Weird Weather Here » Archive through December 26, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member
Username: janetgr

Post Number: 208
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 7:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, weather is such an exact science. There was a weather man (who actually had a meteorology degree) on one of the TV channels around here and the joke was that whatever he said, the weather would do the exact opposite; he wasn't really that bad, but not far from it.

I was looking at some of the natural indicators too, and I think the local wisdom says that the more black on a wooley worm or fuzzy caterpiller (the black and yellow or orange ones) the colder the winter will be in that area. Well, the local worms are almost all black, so the southeast might be in for a colder than normal winter. And the fire ant hills in my front yard have all but disappeared, and I am told that if the weather is going to be cold they go deeper and their hills disappear. And lastly, the lizards (everyone around here calls them cameleons but they are anoles) are the biggest I have ever seen them. My cat caught one the other day that was a good 6 inches long and that was after the cat took off about two inches of its tail.

So a lot of the "wives tale" indicators are saying a cold winter.
Janet

BELIEVE--things happen for a reason!

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member

Post Number: 214
Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 9:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The "Seneca Guns" are rumbling today; even rattled the house a little. The weather experts have decided that it is actually a temperature inversion (cold air meeting warm air over the coast) and it happens more in the spring and fall. But I still like the old stories that have been around since before Europeans settled the area.
Janet

anna
Advanced Member
Username: anna

Post Number: 430
Posted on Friday, November 03, 2006 - 11:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We seem to have gone from Summery type dry, mild 65/75 degrees to winter overnite. It got down to 20 the other night and now rainy, 40ish and all the leaves have finally fallen. I hope it's not the el nino they're predicting since we really need the rain/snow this winter... I LOVE the white stuff myself!!! :-) We had a very wet/mild spring and winter last year, great for the garden! In Boise... I want to go live in the mountains where it snows every winter!!! :-)

Nina
Advanced Member
Username: nina

Post Number: 228
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 5:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Our weather has been odd lately. Today it was only 14 c with freezing winds and hail storms. Last week we had days of 30 c. How can it go from one extreme to the other like that? I can't remember it being this cold in November.

And as for rain, we have had massive drought over here for quite a few years now, with barely any rain in our winter, and yet last Friday the city I live in received its total rain quota for the month in one day, while yesterday, a country town in my state received its entire YEAR'S quota in one day.
"Sometimes we find the message; other times the message finds us, and sometimes we ARE the message."

Cosmic Seeker
Username: mikelmn

Post Number: 86
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 6:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

What general location are you Nina?

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member

Post Number: 219
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 8:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We have been having beautiful weather, but it has been like a roller coaster. We had lows in the low 30's (F) over the weekend, it is supposed to be 75 today and then cool off again over the weekend.

Nina, that is just a bit chilly for a summer temp; what part of Australia are you in? I am originally from Detroit, Michigan and we had snow flurries on my birthday in early June one year when I was a kid. That whole summer was a little cooler than usual. Sounds like you are having the same kind of weather.
Janet

Regina
Username: rchante

Post Number: 721
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 9:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Lots of flooding and trees toppled here. Another windy wet day in the forecast, and it comes and goes. An 8.1 earthquake struck north of Japan this a.m., and i hear there's a tsunami watch for many coastlines, incl. Alaska and Hawaii. Cross our fingers everyone's safe!

Nina, i've been hearing lots about Australia's drought. So sorry, and i hope there's some reprieve for you folks.
"Be gracious with yourself."
Tito, the Monkey Scribe

Cosmic Seeker

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 7:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Been weird weather here in Australia. Snow in some places, bushfires in others. Ice-bergs coming close to coast up from Antarctica.

Regina
Username: rchante

Post Number: 723
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 8:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ooooh. That's weird, icebergs moving up from the south? Wow.
"Be gracious with yourself."
Tito, the Monkey Scribe

buddie
Username: buddie

Post Number: 2409
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 8:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Regina I think a medium size tsunami
already hit the north part of Japan??
Skafandr now lives in Japan hope she's
ok..
Qua da di

Linda Decloedt
Username: ldecloedt

Post Number: 81
Posted on Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 8:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Regina, what part of Oregon are you in? I'm in Lincoln City and will be moving to Newport the day after Thanksgiving.

Nasty, nasty weather here today. High winds again and lots of rain. Gusts of 75 mph here in LC, but 122 in Yamhill and 107 in Rockaway. And this is only several days past a similar storm (with higher winds) which already caused major damage.

The power company came out yesterday and topped five trees that were leaning toward the house and power lines. Been trying to get them here for 4 months. Guess storms come in handy for something.

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member

Post Number: 220
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 6:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Strange morning, weatherwise. Woke up to thunderstorms, tornado watches and a warm wind out of the south. More like March than November.
Janet

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member

Post Number: 221
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 1:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

As an addendum to the post above. The morning turned into the morning from "HE double hockey sticks"!

The tornado watches turned into warnings and a tornado hit a small town (Riegelwood, NC) about 12 miles from here and so far they are reporting 10 people have been killed. It took out brick homes and missed the trailer park, or at least that is what the local news is reporting.

It is still 70 degrees and when I said it was more like March than November, I guess I wasn't kidding.

(Message edited by JanetGR on November 16, 2006)
Janet

kathy decker
Advanced Member
Username: kat

Post Number: 310
Posted on Thursday, November 16, 2006 - 11:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pretty wild day here as a result of the same storm. I am in upstate NY, and we are under a state of emergency. Flooding, mudslides and wind damage(thankfully no tornados).
It was unseasonably warm, and then the torrential rains came. they were taking people out of their cars, houses, etc.
The main stem rivers are supposed to crest above flood stage sometime between now and Saturday, they are predicting moderate flooding.
Ugh!
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Lou Ann Britton
Username: asgard

Post Number: 80
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 9:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy decker, I was thinking of you this morning as I watched the early news. I see your area got hit pretty hard with rain and flooding again. How are you doing? Are you and yours OK? Any damage? The offer of help still stands if you need it. Hope you are doing well. Take care.

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 312
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks Lou Ann-hey we are Ok. The river rose, but not catastrophically, like the last time.
I had a rough night, wondering how high it would get, but noone here was affected.
A reporter from the local newspaper was here to interview me this morning, if they print, it will maybe be at www.pressconnects.com tomorrow.

The area did sure take a hit yesterday.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

kathy decker
Advanced Member

Post Number: 313
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 12:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Whoops-here it is already-i copied and pasted, but its under not this time

Not this time

Related news from the Web
Latest headlines by topic:
Weather

Powered by Topix.net

Kathy Decker of Endwell spent a sleepless night Thursday watching the river levels and waiting for a knock on her door. Fortunately, the knock by firefighters never came.

Kathy and Bill Decker live on Verdun Avenue and were twice evacuated, in April and June, due to flooding.

"As soon as I hear the river's going to come up, I get scared," Kathy Decker said. "But the river did not rise."

The couple moved back into their home last month but still use a FEMA trailer for showers. Their bathroom repairs should be completed within a couple of weeks. She said she felt bad for victims of flash flood; she knows how they feel.

Decker has a daughter in Binghamton who thought she might be evacuated on Thursday. She wasn't, but Decker said she told her daughter, "Well, you can come and sleep in the FEMA trailer," with a laugh.

"We're lucky," Kathy Decker said. "Hopefully the river will drop down and we'll be OK this time

Nina
Advanced Member

Post Number: 229
Posted on Friday, November 17, 2006 - 10:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Cosmic, I am in Victoria...today is a blissfully beautiful day. It changes so often!
"Sometimes we find the message; other times the message finds us, and sometimes we ARE the message."

Cosmic Seeker

Post Number: 94
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 6:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nina. I am also in Victoria, in Bendigo. Today (Sunday) it is going to be extremely hot and dry. November is usually rainy and often mild.

Nina
Advanced Member

Post Number: 236
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2006 - 9:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, it is hot here too Cosmic. It is supposed to be hot again for a few more days then back to cool weather again. From one extreme to the other these past months. There is no build up or cool down...just SNAP, HOT, then COLD. Weird.

Wow Kathy, that sounds so scary...hugs!

Lou Ann Britton
Username: asgard

Post Number: 81
Posted on Monday, November 20, 2006 - 1:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

kathy, glad to hear the waters passed you by this time. Sounds like things are slowly getting back semi-normal for you. When I heard that your area took a hit again, I was worried for you, both physically and spiritually. You just don't need any more hard knocks right now. Thoughts are with you and yours.

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member

Post Number: 224
Posted on Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 7:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

If it doesn't stop raining soon, I am going to buy a rowboat! It has been raining steadily since Monday, not extremely hard, but steady. The NWS says we will have at least 2 inches. That doesn't really sound like much, but we are on the east coast (NC) and the water table is very high and it floods quickly. And it has been windy with 25 - 35 mph winds. A low pressure front came in from the ocean and it met a high that was coming from the west, and they both stalled. UGH! But at least there is snow in the mountains and they are skiing already. Hasn't been a lot of that in the last few years. There were even snow flurries in Charleston, SC yesterday. That was weird!
Janet

Dhyan1111
Username: dhyan1111

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Official Space Weather Advisory issued by NOAA Space Environment Center
Boulder, Colorado, USA

SPACE WEATHER ADVISORY BULLETIN #06- 2
2006 December 05 at 7:57 a.m. MST (2006 December 05 1457 UTC)

**** LATE SOLAR CYCLE FLARE ERUPTS ****

A strong radio blackout (R3) occurred today at 05/1035 UTC (05:35 a.m. ET) due to a major flare on the Sun. The source of the flare was NOAA active sunspot Region 930, which was numbered yesterday as it made its appearance on the visible side of the Sun. This region is the return of old NOAA Region 923. A very bright flare was observed on the NOAA GOES satellite imagery, however, any associated ejected material is not likely to be Earth directed. Additional activity is likely from Region 930 as it rotates across the Sun, and additional major events could lead to a possibility of higher levels of radiation storms or geomagnetic storms over the next two weeks. Agencies impacted by solar flare radio blackouts, geomagnetic storms, and solar radiation storms should continue to closely monitor the space environment during the rotation of Region 930 across the Sun between now and its anticipated departure on 18 December.

mothership
Intermediate Member
Username: bob_higgins

Post Number: 111
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2006 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Rain, rain and more rain in Shropshire, England

http://www.shropshirestar.co.uk/2006/12/saturday-flood-photos/4/

merovee
Username: merovee

Post Number: 74
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 11:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's pretty mild and rainy here in Michigan. I am so thankful, because my gas bill is affordable at a time when I am struggling. I pray that it stays warm thru january and february... I will be traveling to houston at the end of the month and enjoy some really warm temps there.

skeptic tank
Intermediate Member
Username: skeptic_tank

Post Number: 134
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 11:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in Rhode Island, we just had the 2nd warmest November ever on record. It was the warmest in 60 years.

Dhyan1111
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 103
Posted on Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20061213/sc_space/newforecastseverespacestormheade dtoearth

Not only is there the meteor shower this week but due to this MAJOR solar flare, the Northern Lights might be impressive. Hopefully there will be no damage from this solar flare.

Quiti
Username: starcat

Post Number: 86
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 12:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

May not be weird weather-but certainly wild weather. Only just got internet back-went down in the almost hurricane force winds we had here thursday night. Almost a million without power since thursday night, last heard about 2/3's back by now, freezing nighttime temps last night & will be again tonite. such devastation with all the trees down. We had 66 mph winds in my town-I got really lucky-little damage, already fixed. My sister had 17 trees come down at her place-another sister had 3-4 down-luckily only their fences were damaged, they are still without power-but they are fairly well prepared.
We go with the longest stretch of no rain-to the the most rain in all recorded history of the Seattle area in one month-right into the almost coldest recorded temps, and now almost the highest recorded winds......sheesh..........

Granny
Advanced Member
Username: phar9

Post Number: 372
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 2:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well ...

It is a pleasant weird weather, but our temps in NE Tn are really warm ... similar to april / may.

Yippeee, except all the trees are budding ... bad plan.

Chemtrail planes continue to fly ... about every 3-4 days, filling the sky with white muck and giving me horrible sinus problems ...yuck.

Oh ... and sky is beginning to have a pink band ... even during the day ... usually at sunset there is a band of pink and a band of blue.

Gran

Granny
Advanced Member

Post Number: 374
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2006 - 8:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yuck-A-Mundo ...

As the day wore on ... sinus problems worsened and feel extremely tired ...

Damn those morons who think they can patch the sky with heavy metals and other chemicals ...

They must have upped the gear on depopulation another notch.

Trying not to hate them ... but I want to.

Gran

Cosmic Seeker
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 156
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 1:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Funny you mentioned the sky with a 'pink band' Granny. Several years ago I had a dream/vision of a future sky with pink or purple bands like varicose veins.
In the vision, the atmosphere was too toxic to go outside. Hope it hasn't reached that stage yet.

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member

Post Number: 235
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 8:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mornin' Granny,

The pink band might have something to do with the recent high sun activity.

You, know, I have terrible sinus problems, but I am not much of a sky watcher, so I haven't noticed if there are trails in the sky. I will have to start looking. Although, in a coastal area, we might not have much of that, there is always a breeze, and weather systems move in and out very quickly. I have always thought my sinus problems came from the mold and mildew because it is so humid. I will have to start being more aware.

Our weather has been very springlike for the last couple weeks; it is supposed to remain that way through Christmas. It has been in the high 60's to low 70's every day. It is supposed to cool off tomorrow, only hit 58, but then it will be back into the mid 60's on Thursday. The fog has been terrible. We had one day last week where it didn't burn off all day. Reminds me of England, where 3 of us got lost just heading across an open field on the base to the gate to catch the bus one morning. Finally came to a road with a sign, that pointed us in the right direction.

There is a local jeweler having a promotion for Christmas: buy any jewelry in his store before the 22nd and if it snows any (even just a few flurries, as long as someone official records it)between the 23rd and the 29th you will get that jewelry free. I don't think he is in any danger of giving away any jewelry.
Janet

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 11094
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 2:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

This morning, I found the birds' water dish on my kitchen deck frozen solid for the first time in years--very unusual for so close to the San Francisco Bay in December. It's colder than a Witch's you-know-what here.

(......well, we do have to admit to being weather wimps though--freezing temps are painfully cold for us)
"When power depends upon lies, then truth is made a fugitive" - me, 2006

Cosmic Seeker
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 158
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 5:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hottest winter in other 130 years in Russia, link:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/snow-way-russias-hottest-winter-in-136-years /2006/12/19/1166290543359.html

Granny
Advanced Member

Post Number: 379
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 6:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hmm ... here in NE Tenn.

High today 59
Low tonight 32

Now the 32 is a surprise. Although it has been cooler at night than in the daytime, the 32 is a big range. It is 6:06pm here now and is cooler, but a long way from 32.

Have had a sinus headache all day.

Strange, but when I travel to Nashville (400 miles) no sinus problems ... and I can breathe through my nose. Wowser.

My theory is the heavy traffic in the Smokies provides terrible pollution ... that coupled with Oak Ridge Nat Labs ... 40 miles down the road ... that outta do it.

As to the chemtrail planes ... some days the skies look so preposterous I wonder that no one notices ... I mean there is no question, no possiblity whatsoever that the sky is right ... it is totally wrong. I have hundreds and hundreds of pictures.

As to the flares ... I thought of that too, but this has been happening since before the solar flares.

Gran

Granny
Advanced Member

Post Number: 380
Posted on Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 6:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Pat ... not long ago ... all the cat water bowls ... good sized margarine containers ... were frozen solid ... one I dumped off the back deck in the morning and pointed it out to my husband in the evening ... still frozen.

Weird ...

Gran

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member

Post Number: 236
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 10:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Granny,

Maybe it is your house that is causing your sinus problems. When I was in the AF Reserve, there was a building I would have to go to to fix computers or attend meetings and every time I spent more than 15 or 20 minutes in that building I would get stopped up and get horrible headaches. They were having a bad absentee problems; people were out all the time with respiratory infections, etc. One Wing Doc said that the infections were caused by bacteria and mold. They did an environmental test of the building and found out that the whole building was infested with mold. They had to tear out all the ceiling panels (dropped ceiling) and completely replace all the duct work and HVAC systems.
Janet

Granny
Advanced Member

Post Number: 383
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Janet

Nice try ... but NE Tenn is notorious for horrible sinus problems ... then add in the chem planes and ... whoa ... badness

Gran

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member

Post Number: 237
Posted on Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yeah, so is SE North Carolina, unless you live right down on the beach where the sea air seems to keep things cleared out.

Where we live right now, we are about 25 miles from the ocean, there is usually a breeze, but there are a lot of trees (and lots of pollen) between us and the ocean. We are purchasing land that is much closer to the ocean (6 1/2 miles from it); our daughter lives across the street from it and the air is much better there. Here we are only a little over 6 miles from the DuPont plant and 13 miles from the paper plant. Both can put out a nasty stink when the wind is right (which is about half the time). I had to quit hanging stuff on the line to dry because they would smell funky.
Janet

Dhyan1111
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 2:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Wisconsin Weather Report

For the first official day of Winter, we are currently experiencing a THUNDERSTORM.

The temps have been in the mid to upper 40's. Not sure officially how much warmer that is than "normal" but I do know it's quite a bit. Last year in December the temps hovered around zero (typically January weather).

While I'm not complaining about the "warm" weather here in the short term, when one looks at the long term, this is creepy.

Will be saving $$ on the heating bill but the changes are not good in the long run.

No more White Christmas in Wisconsin. :-(

wolfshadow
Username: wolfshadow

Post Number: 57
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 3:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Granny,

You mentioned the pinkish color of the sky later in the day,I live in central Arkansas and last night the sky looked really pink to me also I found it kind of weird.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 1422
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2006 - 4:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Weird weather here just switches from warm and sunny to almost icy cold and thats in a day.
Thermostat's been fiddled with or it aint working properly.
I think that despite the drought in Australia that the climate change may mean much colder conditions here in the Southern Hemisphere and correspondingly higher temperatures in the Northern Hemisphere and the latter may be very apparent in six months time.

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member

Post Number: 238
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2006 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Supposed to be 72 today, 68 tomorrow, and 62 Christmas Day. Like Dhyan1111 I'm not complaining about the nice warm weather (probably running 15 - 20 degrees above normal), but it is freakish.

One major problem is that the Christmas tree and all the presents are in front of the bay window, and I can't get at the windows to open them and it is darn hot in the living room.

One year about 20 years ago we had another Christmas like this. My Grandmother was still alive. She loved a fireplace. It was close to 80 outside. We had all the windows closed and the AC on, but there was a fire in the fireplace and Grandma was contentedly rocking in front of it. My husband thought I was crazy, but Grandma was happy.

Another year we got 18 inches of snow in a freak snow storm.

Never a dull moment.
Janet

starhen
Username: starhen

Post Number: 8
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 9:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in Downeast Maine-- 50 degrees the day before Christmas. Unreal. The plants are very confused, green things growing again. Evergreens look a bit yellow around the edges. Things are NOT RIGHT!

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1282
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 11:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm in central ND at..well waether.com says 30 degrees...it feels more like 35 to 40. The little dusting of snow and ice we had is melting. There is a warm wind blowing. I opened the door to let the dog out and thought it was spring. Christmas in ND should NOT be this way. We should be in the -10 to 10 range.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Amaruk
Intermediate Member
Username: machupicchu

Post Number: 141
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 4:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Even Canada is melting away.

It is almost +10Celsius here! could be or should be -10C... no snow. rain rain... the whole Xmas Holiday is going to be this way... this is the weather Vancouver should be getting...

meanwhile, in Vancouver, snow is piling up, storm ...after storm...after...

funny!

Janet Rivenbark
Advanced Member

Post Number: 240
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 7:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Nearly 8pm (EST) Christmas Eve and it is still in the high 50's (fahrenheit); I still have some windows open. Supposed to be 68 and rainy tomorrow; then highs in the mid to high 50's the rest of the week.

We are usually running highs in the mid 40's to low 50's with lows around freezing this time of year. Not Christmasy at all this year.
Janet

Nina
Advanced Member

Post Number: 346
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 5:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I live in Victoria Australia and we had the coldest Christmas day on record yesterday. We had a massive hailstorm, and I told the kids to look out the window because the hail blanketed the grass, and I said it would be the closest to a white christmas they will get! Elsewhere there was snow and a LOT of rain.

What this meant was that many of our huge bushfires are now extinguished, saving many towns from the brink of disaster.

Jimmy
Advanced Member
Username: chippyo

Post Number: 261
Posted on Monday, December 25, 2006 - 6:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Eastern PA:

50's & sheeting drizzling rain. (The rain of weather change IMHO)

Wet & Raw...to bad it's not snow. Of course people love it...the warm weather that is...

"They will welcome it at first, not knowing what it is"....MOTK

The ski slpoes in the Poconos are in dismal shape..hasn't even been cold enough to blow snow.
Vinyards are effected also...

Is it global warming creeping in on us...or is it an abberation this year?

"Old Wine in New Bottles..."- SBWII

Chr15t05
Advanced Member
Username: chr15t05

Post Number: 463
Posted on Tuesday, December 26, 2006 - 6:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Weather records tumble as Christmas cold snap hits

Melbourne's maximum temperature of 14.5 yesterday made it the city's coldest Christmas Day on record eclipsing the 15.9 recorded on December 25, 1935, and falling more than 10 short of average for this time of year. (Full Article)

Here in Brisbane it's been surreal to say the least. Boxing day 2005 was a full fifteen degrees Celsius hotter than 2006. I'm currently up on the Sunshine Coast where everyone is trading the beaches for the movies. It was kind of fun to sleep with the heater on last night, but I was really looking forward to a swim today!

Chris
"There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true."