Archive through August 01, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Superstorm / Climate Change » Post Your Weird Weather Here » Archive through August 01, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

starrover79
Intermediate Member
Username: starrover79

Post Number: 104
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A large, nasty thunderstorm with winds in the 60 to 90 mph range hit St. Louis last night. It tore off part of the roof at the airport. I know someone who was boarding a plane and was in the little moving platform when the power went out. Apparently her and several others got locked in and were stranded there for several hours. The storm also hit downtown St.Louis hard. I think about 300 people are without electricity.

Kirby
Intermediate Member
Username: petrinas

Post Number: 146
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fema is in New Jersey because of a still unconfirmed tornado.

anna
Advanced Member
Username: anna

Post Number: 350
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 12:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We are somewhat "normal" here, about 100. I wish it wiould COOL OFF even for a day or 2. I'm dying putting up fencing. Ugh... :-(

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 2258
Posted on Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 12:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

susi would add her 2 cents but she's currently laying on the floor in a sodden puddle, melted by the desert sun.

next step...spontaneous human combustion.

Regina
Advanced Member
Username: rchante

Post Number: 258
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 1:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Since when does it get to be 104 degrees in the NW? UGH! That's tomorrow's predicted temp. Today I saw a crow on my deck standing very still, wings outspread, with it's beak half open, trying to cool off, and it was about 90 degrees out. I set out a plastic container, full of water and rocks, hoping the birds and squirrels might take advantage of it to cool off. Any other helpful suggestions for giving wild animals some heat relief?

rebecca
Username: rebecca

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 2:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Still in the upper 90s here in Santa Rosa Califonria. My husband hates being hot so you know things are bad when he thinks 90 is cooler than 103. Does that make sense? It's late so not sure

Jimmy
Intermediate Member
Username: chippyo

Post Number: 117
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 10:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

30,000 plus still without power from a horrific thunderstorm on Tuesday. A lot of falling trees, here in southeastern PA- 2 fell on people and killed them!

Peco energy said that during a blizzrd or ice storm they get about 100,000 calls of power outs... this t-boomer cell has caused 300,000!!!
Crews from VT,VA,OH & NC had to be brought in.

I was lucky.. the brunt was north of Philly suburbs.

Pretty weird weather records up here, pretty funny to watch the plastic faced meteorologists explain this stuff away.

Records floods 2 weeks ago, record heatwave then a massive cool & hot air collison caused the worst (their words) thundrstorm on record.

The normally sheltered delaware valley is changing ...

"Old Wine in New Bottles..."- SBWII

Dhyan1111
Username: dhyan1111

Post Number: 42
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 11:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Taken from the RSOE HAVARIA Emergency Information Services site
(one can sign up to get e-mails of all disasters worldwide)

In the article below note the term "mysterious". How can a power company NOT know what is causing outages?

Date & Time: 2006.07.21 - 16:45:21
Area: USA New York, , New York

Description:

A mysterious electrical problem blamed for subway delays, flight cancellations and power outages on the hottest days of the year persisted for a fifth day Friday, leaving 2,500 customers without power. The blackouts started Monday evening in a handful of neighborhoods in Queens. Two LaGuardia Aiport terminals lost power Tuesday, hundreds of businesses have been idle, and the city's jail complex on Rikers Island had to operate on backup generators. "This is outrageous," City Councilman Peter F. Vallone Jr. said. "When is this going to be fixed? If it's going to be days, they should tell people it is going to be days." The blackouts were at their worst on Wednesday, when 10 of the 22 feeder cables that supply the area with power were down simultaneously. The temperature had hit 100 degrees in the neighborhood the day before. Consolidated Edison spokesman Chris Olert said the power company was making every effort to get the situation fixed but couldn't estimate when that might happen. He said the company didn't know why things went wrong. "Chances are fair, but not firm, that it was heat related, but right now that is just a hypothesis," he said. Mayor Michael Bloomberg demanded that the utility investigate and deliver a report on the cause within two weeks.

starrover79
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 11:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's an article about the thunderstorm in St.Louis.http://my.earthlink.net/article/nat?guid=20060721/44c05140_3ca6_1552620060721-1272234942

(Message edited by starrover79 on July 21, 2006)

Regina
Advanced Member

Post Number: 261
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Doesn't it seem logical that the power outages were caused by everyone having so many air conditioners, fans, and electrically powered devices on all at once? Wonder why the power company hasn't mentioned that?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the energy source is for NYC? Is it derived from hydro, or coal, or what?

susi t learn

Post Number: 2289
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 4:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yeah, hillary clinton's hot air.

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 1378
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 7:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

One wonders if there's going to be "electrical" rationing any time soon??

Kirby
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 159
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 7:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Some stores dim their lights every 20 minutes. And I thought it was my waning vision.

Ldyhawk369
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 71
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 7:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Real bad thunderstorms going into work this morning torrential rain, lightning and as repeat coming home , nasty!!!

rebecca

Post Number: 65
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 9:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'd take some rain about now. I have officially joined Susi T on the floor making my own oozing puddle.

susi t learn

Post Number: 2293
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2006 - 9:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i'm tired of sweating!

doesn't help that our cooler's down.

i just went out and stood under the hose!

aaaggghhh.........................

marko
Username: marko

Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 4:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i believe this is my first post on this thread, so hello everyone. wanted to write about the storm that has left my city of st.louis in the dark. as an aside, this town has been in the dark for quite a long time. i guess it was wednesday night around seven thirty when the storm hit my neck of the woods, about five miles from the arch and downtown stl. during the five o'clock news we were told of a little storm coming down from the north. now most storms from the north come in the winter. spring and summer weather usually attacks from the southwest, out of the texas gulf, or, out of the plains states.
but this storm as it came down and was about to skirt the area, suddenly made an abrupt turn to the west and slammed into us. it was amazing. i've spent my entire life here, and have never seen anything like it before. 80 plus-mile-an-hour winds for about thirty minutes came in two waves. there was not much rain at my house, but many places were deluged. how an entire city, and surrounding communities, on both sides of the river can get knocked off the grid is beyond my explanation. we went about twelve hours without power, we're the lucky ones. my street is the only one in my entire hamlet with electricity. my brothers, about ten miles away, had electricity for a short while before another storm kicked them off again. it's difficult to get around with the traffic lights not working. this is where people lose their politeness and civility, refusing to wait their turn to proceed through an intersection. water pumping stations are down, so water needs to be boiled before drinking, hard to accomplish if one has an electric stove. spoiled food removed from refrigerators is now baking in trashcans in the hundred degree heat,is becoming an unbearable aroma. luckily the temps backed off last night.(friday)with all that's going on in the world, our corner of the world isn't getting the coverage a story like this would usually get, so i thought i'd give everyone my perspective. as you were.

Kirby
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 164
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 4:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Marko,
They're dealing with similar stuff in New York. No power for a week and the power company hasn't done anything about it except send trucks out.
But the workers just sleep in the trucks. From what I see their job is to put out the MEN WORKING signs in the morning and take them back in the afternoon.

They say they don't know the cause of the blackout.

Regina
Advanced Member

Post Number: 265
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 7:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Geez you guys! I'm appalled that power outages have been allowed to continue so long. So, clearly, the average folks in this country are in need of community strategizing for handling just the kind of issues you've brought up: garbage, water purification, group transportation, not to mention checking up on the status of the elderly and incapacitated. Has anyone in your communities began tackling these problems? Obviously our federal and local governments have more important things to do than take care of their people..... grrrr.....

Granny
Intermediate Member
Username: phar9

Post Number: 196
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 7:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Marko ...

Unfortunately there is a lot going on around the country that is not getting any coverage.

All last week, there were power problems ... New York)

For instance:

"A mysterious electrical problem blamed for subway delays, flight cancellations and power outages on the hottest days of the year persisted for a fifth day Friday, leaving 2,500 customers without power. The blackouts started Monday evening in a handful of neighborhoods in Queens. Two LaGuardia Aiport terminals lost power Tuesday, hundreds of businesses have been idle, and the city's jail complex on Rikers Island had to operate on backup generators."

And ... Indiana

"Wind speeds have exceeded 70 miles per hour in a thunderstorm that passed through Evansville this afternoon, causing power outages, flash flooding and wind damage. There's flash flooding on U.S. 41 and other streets in Henderson, and power lines are down. NWS forecasters said there are reports of severe wind damage in Henderson. n Evansville, a car was reportedly being swept away by rising water on Lincoln Avenue. For 10-15 minutes as the storm first descended upon Downtown Evansville, callers to Vectren's (800) 227-1376 emergency line received a recorded message indicating no one was available to take the call because the utility's call center had been evacuated. Vectren spokesman Mike Roeder said a "muster drill" was conducted at the Vectren facility, located north of the Lloyd Expressway between Garvin and Governor streets. That means employees were instructed to go to a place of safety until the worst of the storm passed. However, Roeder said callers who continued to follow the automated regimen could still have reported their incidents."

Yet all we are fed on the main stream media channels is the (run up to Iran?) stupidity, absurdity and horror of the Israeli/Lebanon violence.

So ... pay attention to what else "they" are doing ... like arguing like rabid dogs about illegal immigration ... meanwhile, back at Dubya's Ranch ... they are planning the North American Union with open borders for Canada, the U.S. and Mexico ... but first ... there is the NASCO Mid-Continent Trade Corridor

Heads up People!

Gran

rebecca

Post Number: 66
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 10:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was suddenly stricken with some flu-like thing yesterday night. I got sent home from work after only two hours. I feel like crud and am not enjoying my pity party. Today in Santa Rosa, CA it was 108 F. I work in Sonoma, CA and it was 113 F when I got to the hospital parking lot. It is now 7:30 pm Saturday and it is still ungodly hot. Probably at least in the 90's still. My friend lives about 15 minutes from me (Californian's guage distance in minutes, not miles because of the traffic!) Anyway she lives just a bit north of me but still in Santa Rosa. She said her outside temperature guage, which is not in the sun, was reading 118 F.

susi t learn

Post Number: 2306
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

geesh, and i thought tucson was bad!

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 10398
Posted on Saturday, July 22, 2006 - 11:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Today as we drove out of the Bay Area and up to Bodega Bay, we watched the temperature read-out on our Explorer change as we went inland--110 degrees in downtown Petaluma at 1PM! Then we turned back toward the ocean again and it dropped steadily until the mid-80's at the shore, with a nice breeze, which wasn't too bad at all.

California broke some heat records today, but here in Oakland it only got as far as the mid-90s, which for us totally spoiled weather wimps was pretty awful. We have a wonderful Mediterranean climate due to the Pacific fog moving in across the Bay and cooling us off at night. It's being held off-shore due to a pressure system, which is why it's getting so hot here. Usually, it's between 70 and 75 here and we've had whole weeks when Oakland never even got to 70 lately. That's MY kinda summer weather
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis 1935

marko

Post Number: 7
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

just to clarify one point i made in my prior post. my trash day was the day of the storm. it gets picked up in my neighborhood once a week.
as far as i know, trash collection continues unabated in the region.

Jimmy
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 120
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 11:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

what's a bummer is a lot of these "rowhomes" that were built for teh immigrant class have now become akin to brick pizza ovens when heat waves hit & no power goes out... most occupants are seniors as they are easy to keep up.

This is what happened in St. Louis were all those folks died.

anna
Advanced Member
Username: anna

Post Number: 352
Posted on Sunday, July 23, 2006 - 1:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It was 92 last nite at 1:30 am, and supposed to be 110 today. We have had triple digit for almost 2 weeks or more, with another week to go atleast. I'm hoping we'll get some rain today... :-( Thank god for A/C...

starrover79
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 109
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 12:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm glad I don't live in St.Louis anymore marko. It's unsafe enough with electricity, I can't imagine what the streets are like with no lights.

marko

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 1:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

north st.louis is still without electricity.
just a coincidence it's the poorer side of town that's last to get online.
food pantries are without.
one repairman was electrocuted and killed, another seriously injured by downed lines this morning.

starrover79
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 110
Posted on Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 3:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

North St.Louis with no A/C and no street lights! Oh my God, it must be horrible. I bet the crime rate is sky high. Well I guess it's always sky high in north St.Louis! I feel sorry for all the poor people who have had their food spoil with no refigeration.

Dhyan1111

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 12:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Major lightning / microburst storm Phoenix / Scottsdale night of July 26, 2006

Last night a microburst tore through the Phoenix area leaving 20,000 without power. As of this morning 4,000 still without power (including my sister's place in Scottsdale). While monsoon weather can be violent, this one was particularly dangerous with over 2,075 cloud to ground lightning strikes in one small rectangular area.

My sister and family live in Scottsdale and said they have no power (NO a/c and it's going to be desert hot 115+). Said the neighbors shed is in their backyard upside down with all contents spilled out. It was a big shed (I remember seeing it). They were just coming home from shopping when the microburst hit. While in the car/driveway debating how and when to get themselves and young children in the house, the car was shaking violently and they saw lightning hit nearby.

Dhyan1111

Post Number: 44
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 12:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

CORRECTION on Phoenix/Scottsdale storm:
Storm hit on the night of July 25, not 26th as first posted (night of 26th hasn't happened yet!)
:-)

Sorry for the error.

Regina
Advanced Member

Post Number: 277
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 4:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dhyan1111,
I hope your sister and family are faring well. Are they still without power? Are microbursts common this time of year in that area?

Dhyan1111

Post Number: 45
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 5:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Thanks for asking, Regina. They were just shaken up for the lightning strikes and damage were pretty severe. She said her entire neighborhood looked like a disaster zone in morning's light. Not sure if they've got power yet but they are cool; they went to Mother's house which was not as severely affected by the storm.

This time of year is called Monsoon Season for that part of AZ. Huge dust storms usually precipitate storms. For some reason where my sister lives they have had an unusual number of microbursts overs the years; right in the same area? Just last year their entire patio porch roof was torn off and dropped next to the house. But the number of lightning strikes and damage like they had last night isn't too common there from what I understand.

Here's just one of the many articles I've read:
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/index.php?sty=70359

This is also one of those times where she probably wishes she'd have listened to her "paranoid" sister when I talked about bring prepared for just such an occasion. Gave her many tips this morning on what they could have done and some tips on what to do now. One simple thing I said was to move what they really wanted to save from the refrigerator into the freezer and NOT to open either door unless totally necessary. Also told her "next time" this happens the safest place in the house would be the bathroom (since most dwellings in AZ don't have basements). Also reminded her to have lots of batteries/flashlights, blankets, instant type foods and LOTS OF WATER.

Maybe next time she'll listen to me.

susi t learn

Post Number: 2369
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 8:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

i'm in tucson and last night a storm blew through. all we had was thunder and tons of lightening. one flash after another. i couldn't sleep-it would light up the entire room. but no rain.

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1427
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 8:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We had wind blow through here, son had piece of his Box Elder tree landing in his yard. We had tons of dust, a few sprinkles then nothing.

Jimmy
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 128
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2006 - 11:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Dyahnn 111-
Even better advice:

The desert is for horny toads & lizards.

rebecca

Post Number: 67
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ok, so last week we had 90+ temps. Then it cooled down to the high 70's low 80's (normal weather for here) here being Santa Rosa California. Now, this morning I woke up to rain. Rain in July. Not heavy but enough I don't have to water my plants. I think Central CA is still really hot though.

Dhyan1111

Post Number: 46
Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 8:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

More than 60 percent of U.S. in drought

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060729/ap_on_re_us/northern_plains_drought_5

Ldyhawk369
Advanced Member
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 237
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 6:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Getting real hot here this week, 100 tomorrow!

susi t learn

Post Number: 2442
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 1:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

holy moley! they just had a news break and showed the rillito wash (that's a river of sand to you easteners)- almost breaching its' banks and rushing faster than a man can trot.

we've had tons of rain the last few days and it's all running off the mountains. since the ground is so dry, it cannot absorb the water fast enough.

many roads north of me are flooded.

Dhyan1111

Post Number: 47
Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 11:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

FYI
3 new oceanic storm systems
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml

hazel mclane
Intermediate Member
Username: wordspeak

Post Number: 141
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 12:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

don't forget your pets. if you have no airconditioning,get them outside in the shade near dirt. it is cooler on the ground for them than inside. on cement it is a disaster.and plenty of water is a must.
drink plenty of water yourself, stay away from colas.
may you each be blessed in the way that suits you best. i love you all.

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 965
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 12:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm not sure if I just missed this before..but I don't think so. Weather.com has now placed colors to represent 120's and 130's F on their heat index.

http://www.weather.com/maps/maptype/currentweatherusnational/uscurrentheatindex_ large.html?from=wxcenter_maps
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

Kirby
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 189
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 1:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

That's strange. I wonder what kind of weather they're expecting.

To me the color for 130's look the same as for the 90's.

WELCOME BACK, KRYSTAL!

(Message edited by petrinas on August 01, 2006)

opal
Username: albi

Post Number: 96
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 1:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

They're saying 50 celsius for tomorrow. Nice thunderstorm tonight. The thunder rolls so long and deep, it scares the dog.

Pretty awesome, when you have a warm house.

My brother has gone strange this summer and insists on living in his tent.

He says it's an experiment. I half expect we'll all portage out West following the lead of his madness.

Amaruk
Intermediate Member
Username: machupicchu

Post Number: 119
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 2:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

and this from the BBC news website today:

It has been a strange year in the Himalayas. It did not snow at all in the winter - and now in Spring, when it should have been clear, it has started.

rebecca

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 2:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

They're forecasting more hot weather here next week. Not exactly sure how hot yet. Keeping my fingers AND toes crossed for not too hot!

L. A. B.

Post Number: 1484
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 2:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Two weeks of 100+ weather, now flooding with 1 inch water in half-hour. Trees down, power out. It's a mess in Salt Lake.

Wish HAARP would leave things alone.

Janet Rivenbark
Intermediate Member
Username: janetgr

Post Number: 136
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 4:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Temperatures have been in the high 90's here; humidity pushes the heat index up to over 100. That is about normal for this time of year here, only it did start earlier than usual. We have been having plenty of rain; almost every afternoon into early evening we have "scattered thunder storms". If it rains early all it does is turn everything into a sauna.

My husband and I play the thermostat game here. I don't mind sweating, if I am up moving around working, but I like to be comfortable if I am sitting still. By the same token, I don't want to have to put on a sweater when I am sitting still. My husband wants to keep the thermostat set on 70, only the AC runs constantly if we keep it set there and the room temperature never drops below 76 or 78 during the day. I reset the thermostat to 78 and almost as soon as it goes off he is out there moving it down again. What's the difference? The temperature never gets below that anyway. I am not even going to look at the electric bill when it comes.

So far we have been lucky here, no brownouts, no outages not even during thunder storms.

Now we are keeping an eye on Tropical Storm Chris. (I am in south eastern NC).

(Message edited by janetgr on August 01, 2006)
Janet

BELIEVE--things happen for a reason!

Granny
Advanced Member
Username: phar9

Post Number: 203
Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 8:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yippppeeee !!

Krystal is BACK.

We missed you so much!

Gran