Archive through July 18, 2006 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Superstorm / Climate Change » Post Your Weird Weather Here » Archive through July 18, 2006 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 2049
Posted on Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 4:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Quantum cat.. I love Northwest Arkansas ! I used to camp out in the mountains between Norfork and Calico Rock. Gatoga's Mountain. It's my favorite place in the world I think ! Have lots of stories..someday I'll have them in the newsletter.

ND is finally behaving like spring..oh wait..it's been spring all winter..nevermind. but we got a little rain ! Just a drizzle...3 day drizzle..lol
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. www.kgppredicts.com

anna
Username: anna

Post Number: 1454
Posted on Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 12:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It was mild here last week then, wham, 85 on Sat., wacko for end of April!!! Then we got a very intense storm Sat. nite, of course, from the heat build up. 40-50 mph gusts, with heavy rain for 2 hours and major thunder and lightning, trees down, flooding on top of already flooded. Luckily no damage for us, but a wild storm. Now we're back to the 65/70 mode. Hoping it will not be a big fire season and horribly hot!

Quantum Cat
Username: msfox

Post Number: 90
Posted on Saturday, May 06, 2006 - 2:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Krystal the areas you mention are to the east of us. It rained all day Thursday and it's supposed to start again after three ish. Our winter was all freaky too. Barely cold one small snow storm. When I was a kid my birthday plans were regularly pre-empted by snow or ice in early February.

Anna...I am glad that you had no damage. Sending good thoughts your way.

I never thought I would get this excited over something as simple as rain.
L
Self sufficiency is TRUE freedom

Edwina!
Username: mad_queen_edwina

Post Number: 1019
Posted on Sunday, May 14, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in Westcentralflorida, highs only in the low to mid 80s and nighttime lows in the 50s, and not very humid. Don't need the A/C. Wonderful! But what's weird about it is that it's supposed to be in the high 80s/low90s at day and 70s at night with wicked bad humidity (but not as bad as N.O.).

Meanwhile in New England, heavy rains have contributed to a lot of flooding, including the breach of a "levee" (actually a railroad embankment that crosses a stream - the breach was at the culvert to let the stream through).
Liberty or Death!

anna

Post Number: 1487
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 12:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Ugh, it's gonna be HOT this week!!! 91 tomorrow which is 20+ degrees above average and may set a new record! It was 85 yesterday, and 82 or so today. I about died out in the heat today doing some yard work. Thank god I have some gatorade! Anyway, the flooding here is getting worse due to the heat and I hope it cools down. If it stays this hot early in the summer, it's gonna be a LONG one.... :-( We'll see......

I Swear
Username: i_swear

Post Number: 97
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 8:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

"Rasta row your boat ashore, Rasta row your boat ashore"...

NH May 15th, 2006 5am, the official record for the most rain fall in the state of NH EVER in the month of May was broken. We have now gotten over 10" of rainfall in the past 2 wks.
One Love

starrover79
Username: starrover79

Post Number: 556
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 12:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

In the Heartland we seem to be developing a pattern of warm winters and cool summers. The only good thing I can see about this is that it's keeping the heating/cooling bills down. A cooling trend in the Heartland has been forecast by some climate change models because of global warming. This seems to be happening.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 2074
Posted on Monday, May 15, 2006 - 11:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

My biggest concern for the central states is drought. In central ND there's been hardly any rain, very little snow. What bugs me more is the weather channel and weather.com have consistently shown rain/snow covering all of ND when in reality the rain/snow might hit only a small portion of the state, usually the lower eastern part. The last few years I think the only thing that has kept farms afloat is the high humidity. It's like the rain/snow wants to fall but evaporates before it hits the ground. No rain, high humidity...what's up with that ?
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

starrover79
Username: starrover79

Post Number: 559
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 12:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I think the central states west of the Mississippi River are extremely prone to drought. Wasn't ND one of the dust bowl states?

I'm not sure what those computer simulations forecast for the central states west of the Mississippi projected. When I saw those simulations I pretty much focussed on the Missouri, Illinois, Tennessee, & Kentucky area (called The Heartland by locals). The simulations for those specific areas predicted a cooling trend and (I think) not much of a change in precipitation. The Heartland has large amounts of water from several rivers, and lakes.

Interestingly Edgar Gayce predicted that this particular area of the country would pretty much stay the same in many ways at least as far as the weather and climate. I think he saw a big earthquake on the New Madrid though.

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 6058
Posted on Tuesday, May 16, 2006 - 7:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It was 90 degrees today, we tied for earliest highest temperature of 1948, and Southern Utah hit 100 broke a record.

anna

Post Number: 1492
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2006 - 10:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We have had record-breaking heat here in Boise for over the last week. 97 a few dyas ago. WAY too hot for this time of year. I have lived here over 10 years and talked to "oldtimers" and this is NOT NORMAL. Now the flooding is even worse with the heat. BUT atleast we got a small thunderstorm and it cooled down a little. Tonite we are going to get a big one, I hope with more rain which will cool things down. But bad for the flooding. Oh, well....... :-( Glad I don't live by water...

I have a bad feeling it's going to be a really HOT summer. Atleast we have re-landscaped our yard (since all the flower beds were empty) with drought resistant/low water plants and we have our rain barrels.... :-)

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 2128
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 1:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I just went outside with the dog. The wind is whipping..there is heat lightning. The really disturbing thing is...the ground seemed to emanating heat. The wind by my feet was extremely warm. The dog began to whimper and wanted in. I'm not sure what that means..but I'm going to shut down my comp now.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth. http://www.kgppredicts.com

anna

Post Number: 1529
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 1:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I hope it's not some man-made thing going on? Scalar or?

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 2129
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 3:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Me too..but it's past now. It passed right by the town.

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 6200
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2006 - 12:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

60 degrees: It's cold, just going into summer, Utah may get "snow" at 6000 ft.

arctic_eye
Username: amaruq

Post Number: 23
Posted on Sunday, June 04, 2006 - 11:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi all! I hope everyone's well. I see my friend in the north Amaruk has been busy posting. (Amaruk, sorry I missed you and never got back to you when you were in Iqaluit.)

I dug up the weather related links in the Nunatsiaq News archives ...

April 28 / Will summer 2006 be the hottest ever?
http://www.nunatsiaq.com/archives/60428/news/climate/60428_01.html

March 3 / Weatherman saw warm air coming
http://www.nunatsiaq.com/archives/60303/news/nunavut/60303_05.html

March 3 / Torrid temperatures smash records around Nunavut
http://www.nunatsiaq.com/archives/60303/news/nunavut/60303_04.html

Remember when the arctic was defined as a desert? Well I think that definition's gotta change. I have shovelled more snow than ever this year! Sounds cold eh? Well actually that means it's warmer than normal, all of which has been said in the press, and as a result there's been more opportunities for snow than normal!

Here we are on June 4th and it's been very windy and cold and June 1st to 3rd has seen snow, sleet and rain. The bay is still covered with ice but melting is occuring which is normal. Generally the bay is clear of ice by the end of the first week of July and I shall be interested to see if this is the case this year.

I have no stats to back up this assertion but I was reading a book on Global Warming (Storm Warning - Gambling with the Climate of Our Planet, Lydia Dotto) and her contention is that as the planet continues to warm we will begin to see extremes of weather and temperatures and less of the average in between.

I would say that this has been the case here. Whereas the winter temperatures show warmer temps than normal here I think there have also been more days at the colder extreme also and less in the midrange.

Amaruq, would you say that's been the case where you are in Nothern Quebec?

Also this past month I was in Iqaluit, Ottawa and Halifax and the talk on everybody's mind is primarily the amount of rain that's been received and then how overcast it's been both of which would seem to indicate an excess of moisture in the atmosphere.

Has anyone seen any data on cloudcover globally this spring?

anna

Post Number: 1572
Posted on Tuesday, June 06, 2006 - 12:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Today we had a F-1 tornado in a small Idaho mountain town (Bear) on the local news tonite. Very rare! Luckily only 1 person with minor injuries. I'm glad it wasn't in a heavily populated area. Did 10 miles worth of damage to the forests, some minor to homes...

We have had an unusually wet spring/early summer, which I can't complain about, but that isn't NORMAL for SW Idaho. Usually very dry, and then drier. Hot tomorrow, 90+, then cooler in a few days. I hope the summer isn't a scorcher...

Granny
Username: phar9

Post Number: 743
Posted on Sunday, June 11, 2006 - 11:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi guys ... thought I would stop in and do a critter report.

This am I checked the weather, looking for info on Alberto .. I have a friend in Florida and wanted to see if the storm had been named yet ... they had ... Alberto.

Then my friend email and said the rain bads were already coming in. I checked the weather again and for my area ... N.E. Tenn ... they said there was a chance of a "stray" thunderstorm this afternoon.

(Sorry about the long story)

About 8:20 I went to the front door to let one of my herd of cats out (am on their staff) and noticed a dark cloud moving in, then went back inside.

Soon I thought I heard a rumble of thunder ... but not very loud ... and ZOOM ... my black cat roared into the den. He had come up from the basement (cat door) ... he flew across the room, vaulted over the dog bed and ran behind the couch.

By the time I said "Fiesty" ... it let loose with drenching rain and wild thunder and lightning. We live high up on a hill, so the wind is strong and the lightning is bad too.

I have no idea if it was just the thunder, which it is not like Fiesty to be so scared just for thunder, or if he saw some electrical flash or bolt that crackled close to him.

The lightning was so bad, it scared me and the wind was blowing furniture around the porch. Later I heard on the TV that we are still under a T-Storm watch with the threat of high winds (duh?) and possible hail.

Fortunately, where we live and in spite of being positioned atop a huge hill ... sticking out like a sore thumb ... the general area is usually missed when it comes to really terrible storms.

Whew! Thank goodness ... about the worst we usually have to worry about is whether my husband's seedlings will blow off the table on the back porch (screened and plexi, but we take out panels on each end ... so we won't die from the heat.

Anyway .. that's my critter story and I'm stickin to it

Gran

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 2213
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 1:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I've told you about the McClusky vortex and how we seldom get rain and it's always way hot in the summer but humid.

Well, for the past several days... it has rained almost every day and the sun has not come out ONCE. The temp is staying right around 55 in the daytime. I've never seen it do this. The creepy thing is, it's abnormally dark even for complete cloud cover. It's just palin old dark grey outside and very cold. I keep wondering if it's a volcanic winter up here or something.

rebecca
Username: rebecca

Post Number: 99
Posted on Monday, June 12, 2006 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I was in the panhandle of Florida for vacation. It was hot and humid there. I grew up on the property my sister now lives on. I was complaining about the heat and wondering how we survived without air conditioning! All of my family said how unusually hot it had become over the years and that it wasn't this hot when we were growing up. This weather change has taken place at least over 15 years (I hadn't been back there for that long) maybe less. Also, it was cloudy there too but we got absolutely no rain. Tropical Depression One (now Tropical Storm Alberto) was forming on the day I was leaving to come back home to California.

Here at home it is overcast and cold. Don't know the Temperature though. It is usually sunny and warm here by now. But, I remember last year it being really rainy around this time. I have no critters but I am on edge. Could just be issues that have come up recently.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 2231
Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 10:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yah..so the weather channel says we have a storm moving in on us that Jim Cantore says is " a beast" and frankly I don't remember ever havinf on that the red on the doppler is actually dark maroon..so I'm shutting down ...

anna

Post Number: 1634
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 2:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We had a multi-county tornado watch yesterdy, BEARING IN MIND THIS IS URBAN IDAHO! :-) We then had a very intense storm fromt come thru, heavy wind, hail & rain. No veggie damage for me atleast. Cooler today, but odd. Very cool and wet thru the last month or so intermixed with hot and this isn't normal! :-(

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 2234
Posted on Thursday, June 15, 2006 - 3:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well..I think the storm went North..did I water the garden ? NO.

no doubt it isn't normal anna. get used to it LOL

Dave and I keep trying to tell people around here about what's happening but nobody wants to listen.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 2105
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 7:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

A cold blast up from the Antarctic has dropped temperatures to where people in the deep south (nz) mainly Canterbury region were without power heavily snowed in for days and phonelines down.

Its the worst winter since the 1940's. Emergency services had considerable difficulty reaching people and some areas it was impossible to reach them for a few days.

God only knows what the stock losses are because its a way big farming area.. as far as I know no one died in the big freeze.

In the north we had wild chilly weather as in rolling storms thunder n lightning accompanied by freakish hail storms and the latter is very unusual this far north.. but little to complain about compared to the plight of those in the deep South of the country.

Hopefully the cold spell will lift as we turn towards spring otherwise there will be more stock losses with lambs and calves being born July-August... then again the rural community down there will be hard pressed to supply stock with winter feed.
This scenario will have on going effects on the economy right through into next year.
In a country the size of the States it probably wouldnt be such a biggie type drama here it is because the rural community particularly those in the South definitely are the backbone of the country.

Amaruk
Advanced Member
Username: machupicchu

Post Number: 298
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 10:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well here in Canada it's steaming hot. In the 30 C +++ and with the Humidex factored in : high into the 40 Celsius and above... all over Quebec!

but tomorrow cold air from the Arctic is -Thank God- going to cool us down.

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 13329
Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

could you send some of that to the old pueblo???

107*! sweating is NOT my forte.

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 2107
Posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 - 6:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

here's some pics ..

the big freeze

the snow fight

Dhyan1111
Username: dhyan1111

Post Number: 41
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 12:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Strong waves in Central America destroy buildings, prompt evacuations, The Associated Press reports. CNN working to confirm.

Meteorologists say South Pacific storm has sent destructive waves crashing into Central America, The Associated Press reports.

Kirby
Username: petrinas

Post Number: 2834
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 12:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here's a link:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/americas/06/20/pacific.storm.ap/index.html

Dhyan1111

Post Number: 42
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 6:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Waves from freak storm pound Pacific Coast:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/C/CENTRAL_AMERICA_WAVES?SITE=MITRA&SECTION= HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

and

Eight-foot waves hit Southland beaches:
http://www.presstelegram.com/news/ci_3957692

Sure sounds like a Superstorm cell!

I haven't seen any radar showing the size of this storm, has anyone on this list seen any radar/satellite recordings?

Gemini
Username: gemini

Post Number: 541
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 6:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Night before last there was a storm came through my area and the thunder sounded strange. Usually thunder has a rolling sound to it, but this sounded like explosions - boom and that was it!
Weird.

Dhyan1111

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Can I please suggest something for this list? Whenever you talk about "your" area, where you live . . . can you please just add the city or basic geographical area? To make a "strange weather" report and not tell where it is in the world doesn't show us the picture that is evolving in the odd patterns. One could look your profile up to see if you've taken the time to write where you live, but that takes time.

So please people, can you add your state and/or city when you write about your area's Weird Weather?

Thank you SO MUCH!

susi t learn

Post Number: 13370
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

gemini

last night, my kid and i were awakened by what sounded like a single explosion of thunder. it sounded like it was right over the roof. no storm or rain. just this single boom.

strange. where are you?

Gemini
Username: gemini

Post Number: 543
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 1:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm in Pennsylvania.
Sorry - I should've mentioned it in my post.

susi t learn

Post Number: 13374
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

hmm..i'm in arizona...thought they might be related.

Krystal Gale Potter

Post Number: 2250
Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 5:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Sounds like you are keeping tabs Dyann..you workin' for UC ? Nice to know somebody is..I can't file my own nail !

ldyhawk369
Advanced Member
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 240
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 5:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Had an F-1 tornado in LaGrange, NY, Dutchess county, on Sunday night.

Jimmy
Username: chippyo

Post Number: 1683
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 11:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

idyhawk...you got to be kidding???

A tornado in the hudson river valley!!!!

Crazy

"Old Wine in New Bottles..."- SBWII

Ldyhawk369
Advanced Member

Post Number: 241
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 8:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I kid you not, the weather people confirmed it on Monday

Morgaine
Username: morgaine

Post Number: 98
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 6:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I'm in Eastern Kentucky, and we've been having spectacular thunder storms. I've never heard thunder this loud, and we've been out on the porch when lightening hit in the yard right in front of us. We usually get a little thunder and lightening with a few minutes of rain and that's it. These have been going on for hours, and they're afraid we're going to have flooding like we did a few years ago. (Those people are still waiting for their money from FEMA, and that was before Bush ruined it.)

I'm up on a mountain, but the people in the hollows are living dangerously.

Ldyhawk369

Post Number: 67
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 6:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yesterday a waterspout started at the Tappan Zee Bridge in Tarrytown, NY, it jumped to land and went through a populated street no deaths but lots of damage, then proceeded through Hawthorne Ny , Elmsford,NY, and Mt. Pleasant,Ny skipped through to Greenwich,CT. It was a F-1 in Tarrytown but an F-2 in Hawthorne. It destroyed a California Closet store and took a state trooper on a wild ride up in the air and flipped it over on it's roof. He had seat belt on or he would not be here. Lots of trees torn up and uprooted. Gee there was that monster snowstorm, then floods now tornado what next earthquake???

Etoile
Username: etoile

Post Number: 85
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2006 - 7:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, Connecticut and New York experienced some wild weather this week. I live on the coast of Ct. and thankfully our area was spared the bad stuff. Some places in the middle region of Ct. got golf ball size hail which is unusual here.

rebecca

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 2:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It has been hotter than heck here in Santa Rosa California. We have had a huge heat wave here and we are roasting. I think every brain cell of mine has melted or is in the process of. I was talking with a coworker last night and we were in agreement that 10 years ago you could count on one hand the number of really hot days (90+) we would have in the summer. Now we've had so many I cannot count them all.

Dhyan1111

Post Number: 39
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 11:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in south central Wisconsin it's been hotter than "normal". Temps in the high 90's for a week (and was that hot in MAY for a couple days, too). I'm 44 y.o. and "time was" when I was growing up all the way through adulthood, the only time it got near 100 was the week of July 4th. You could count on it.

But nothing is normal any longer.

Looking for the Silver Lining: the heat brings out tons of beautiful Fireflies. My rat terrier sits on my lap on the porch and we watch the many Fireflies light up outside at night. Very relaxing.

wookiecrisp
Username: wookiecrisp

Post Number: 61
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 12:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, very hot here in Colorado too. I think the over 100 days was a record this year, and not done yet.

My JRTs can now only stand 10 minutes of basking in the 100+ temps, compared to the unlimited basking they do when it's cooler.
"Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." - Robert Heinlein

mothership
Username: bob_higgins

Post Number: 44
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 3:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Update from England UK/Hottest weather for years here and if it reaches 37 degrees tomorrow as expected it will be the hottest for 100 years. Main problem with this weather in England is the humidity which is terrible. People are suffering heat exhaustion all over the place. My asthma is worse too and a friend's mother had two heart attacks today.

Da'an
Username: daan

Post Number: 701
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 3:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

yesterday nearly 90% of the USA had temps
between 90 and 100 degrees Fahrenheit at
least part of the day...
"""""""
"UP"
"""""""

rebecca

Post Number: 59
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 4:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We're still in the 90's today Santa Rosa California

merovee
Username: merovee

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 5:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

There were really cool electrical storms last night! It provided welcome relief from the heat which had been in the upper 90's. The lighning was spectacular. I live in Michigan. I went swimming to cool off the day before.

Stephen Martin
Intermediate Member
Username: martindoolittle

Post Number: 146
Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 5:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Mother ship,

Here in Manchester it actually hit 37c today.

My son is currently laid out on the sofa with a temperature, from running around in heat.

I hope it doesn't get hotter tomorrow.