Archive through December 09, 2005 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Superstorm / Climate Change » Post Your Weird Weather Here » Archive through December 09, 2005 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

anna
Username: anna

Post Number: 1014
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 12:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I have noticed we are getting some early snow in the mtns. and the local forcasters are saying either really dry this winter or really heavy on the snow. Extreme either way. I hope we just get some kind of rain soon....

L. A. B.
Username: leathab

Post Number: 3413
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 9:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

With the amount of spiders/bugs, building nests and invading all our houses in the West....it's going to be bitter cold....

(Message edited by Leathab on October 06, 2005)

Quiti
Intermediate Member
Username: starcat

Post Number: 111
Posted on Thursday, October 06, 2005 - 9:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

L.A.B. you should see me walking out of the house-especially first thing in the morning. Neighbors probably think I'm whacked-I have a broom that I wave in big circles just so I can get out the front door-cross the porch-down the steps to the front walk. Da** spiders rebuild as soon as I get past-have to do this in the yard between the rhody's,the roses & trees. The whole summer has been bad. Then last night-on the shelf near the tv-a web-in the space of 30 minutes-never had one there in the nine years I've lived here! (went from room to room reminding the spiders of our agreement that if I found them inside-they were looking to cross to the other side and I was there to help them)

Patricia Davis
Username: patricia

Post Number: 7867
Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 - 12:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Interesting! I drove our other car that hadn't been driven in a while the other day and when I got where I was going, I went to get out and discovered the most humongous garden spider I've ever seen had spun a web from the driver's side window to the sideview mirror. Being a raging arachnaphobe, I *levitated* across the console and seat and out the passenger-side door and onto the sidewalk! ACK!

And we have multiple (non-scary, grandaddy-long-legs) spiders in ALL the inside corners of the house, too. I had to vacuum (with the longest hose extensions, mind you) about a square yard of thick cobwebs away from our old waterheater for the plumber to install the new one. And I won't even BEGIN about the vast ant armies that are invading my kitchen, one after the other!

I guess a bad winter would explain it....

Quiti
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 113
Posted on Friday, October 07, 2005 - 9:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Patricia, glad I'm not the only one with " aack-a-spider-aphobia" Got mine from staying in my grandmothers cabin out in Hayden Lake Idaho while I was growing up-she had knotty pine planks for walls & ceilings. At nights in the dark-we were sure we saw them moving, didn't help there were hundreds of daddy-long legs there-nothing better to wake you up in the morning than to reach in to turn on the bathroom light and have a couple run over your hand....

Janet Rivenbark
Username: janetgr

Post Number: 512
Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 9:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Spiders are coming in here too, but not because of promises of a cold winter. They are trying to get away from the water! It has been raining since Wednesday afternoon! And I'm not just talking a light rain; at times it rains so hard that I can't see the road.

Our driveway used to be nice and neat two gravel paths with a piece of grass in the middle, but Ophelia washed out one end; most of the gravel wound up in the ditch across the street or in the lawn and now this is finishing the job. All the ditches are overflowing. And I keep seeing cars going down the road in front of the house hitting the water at the end of our drive and putting up a huge wall of water. I have to go out today and am going to have to take my husband's truck, because the water is so deep at the end of the drive that I am afraid that it would flood out my PT Cruiser.

And it is dark. We have a security light in the yard that comes on at dusk and goes off at dawn. Only for the last few days it has stayed on until mid morning and comes back on at about 3 in the afternoon. If I had a problem with S.A.D. I would really be in trouble.

OK, gonna go find my hipboots and see if I can wade out to the truck. Wish me luck.
Janet

Work like you donít need the money;
Love like youíve never been hurt;
Dance like no one is watching.

anna

Post Number: 1035
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 12:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We're forcast for 80 tomorrow. Now that is weird!!! Too warm and still in the 70's for next week. Usually it's in the 60's or lower this time of year. And freezing by halloween. Geez, pretty weird...

Ella
Intermediate Member
Username: ella

Post Number: 110
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 2:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Anna, I'm in south Texas on the upper Texas coast, and 80 is cool for here this time of year! High today 86, which is still real cool to us. :D
Life is too short to get worked up about every little thing.
--Mike S.

ldyhawk369
Intermediate Member
Username: ldyhawk369

Post Number: 140
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 6:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I feel like I am living the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" It has been raining for 8 days now , there is flooding everywhere. I live in Hudson Valley, NY. Sure hope the sun comes out soon. Also the trees are mainly green some have changed color but this is late for Oct. Very strange weather, warmer than usual too.

anna

Post Number: 1038
Posted on Friday, October 14, 2005 - 9:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's too warm!!! 86. Ugh!!! I'm used to HOT summer, 100+, but this is late fall, usually 20 or more degrees cooler. Atleast the leaves are changing and falling, so I'm hoping... Rain in the forecast for the weekend. :-) Too dry....

anna

Post Number: 1044
Posted on Saturday, October 15, 2005 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And even weirder... at 1 a.m. it was 75 and blowing really hard! I couldn't believe it! UGH! I turned on the AC for about 15 mins. it was so stuffy! Atleast cooler today and breezy...

anna

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Monday, October 24, 2005 - 1:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now the local weather folks are saying we're 15 degrees ABOVE NORMAL! ay too warm. I am looking longingly at my cold weather clothes. The leaves are changing but TOO WARM!! 75 tommorow, ugh. I'm ready for fall/winter weather.....

anna

Post Number: 1076
Posted on Wednesday, October 26, 2005 - 10:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It finally rained!!! :-) But I have a bad feeling we're in for a really mild/drought or cold/severe winter... based on the last few seasons....

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 8107
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 2:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Just in the past couple of days, we finally crossed over into winter (ie. rainy and chilly) here in northern CA. I'm looking forward to using the fireplace and making lots of soup

But it's MUCH more difficult to drag myself out the door to walk to the gym, too Guess I'd better keep the soups low-fat

Edwina!
Username: mad_queen_edwina

Post Number: 865
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 10:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

At least you live in the Bay Area where there are places where you CAN drag yourself out of bed and walk to the gym.

Most people live in sprawling suburbs where public transportation is atrocious to non-existent, same for provisions for pedestrians and bicyclists, and so they must constantly drive EVERYWHERE. And so they are literally FORCED to contribute to the global warming that's causing all this weird weather in the first place!
The Bush administration has shown a willingness to do just about anything to manipulate public opinion.

- Arianna Huffington

Edwina!

Post Number: 866
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 10:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Which just reminded me of South Florida. This is what happens when a hurricane or other disaster disrupts electricity to a sprawled-out area: nothing can function because no-one can get gas because the gas stations can't get electricity!
The Bush administration has shown a willingness to do just about anything to manipulate public opinion.

- Arianna Huffington

anna

Post Number: 1078
Posted on Thursday, October 27, 2005 - 10:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I think winter's here too. High today was 48, compared to 75 a few days ago. Rainy and much colder and forecast is much colder the next week... I made homemade soup tonite too and getting the heavier clothes out. I miss my fireplace and wish I could get a woodstove for a little fire (energy efficient, low pollution, etc., of course) and some emotional comfort... Need to talk my hubby into it though..big meanie... :-(

Grace
Username: g_keetose

Post Number: 851
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Fog has become a semi regular occurance, here, in the colder months of one of the coldest cities of the world.

anna

Post Number: 1102
Posted on Tuesday, November 01, 2005 - 8:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Where are you? It's Nov. 1st and 69 here today! I am SO sick of this and hasn't been this way in the last 10 years I have lived here..... I want it COLDER!!! :-(

anna

Post Number: 1109
Posted on Thursday, November 03, 2005 - 7:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We'll today there is snow at the top of the hills! Finally a "normal" week/trend forecasted. It's raining and the 1st major mountain/winter storm system is coming thru.... :-)

anna

Post Number: 1113
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 10:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And it's till snowing in the hills/mtns. It snowed on my car for 5 mins. last nite. I think winter is really here...

melidadaan
Advanced Member
Username: darstar

Post Number: 311
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2005 - 11:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

it's 70 degrees out at 11:05 at night on the fifth of november where I live. I would say that's a little strange..
yoda loves me
my artwork: http://darstar.deviantart.com/

anna

Post Number: 1117
Posted on Sunday, November 06, 2005 - 11:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Now they're talking "heavy snow" in the mtns. here and possible down here tonite. That's from a week ago when it was about 70... :-( Talk about UNSTABLE.....

Ella
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 116
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 8:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I don't know where most of yall are, but here on the upper Texas coast, we're still having a rather severe drought. But we often do, that or floods--more often than in between. We have no change of seasons--at least, not more than once every 10 years or so. No leaves turn--they just dry up and drop off the trees for the most part. It's so dry here now, there are very few wild geese. And it's so warm and humid--high yesterday 90, also today. I can remember 40 years ago, it would start to get cool by the end of October. We have not had a hard freeze here in the last 6 or 7 years. It used to get colder in winter--I remember when people wore heavy coats in December, not shorts and and tank tops like they do now. But that was way back in another century...it's hotter down here than it used to be, and it was already plenty hot enough.:-(

At least we're pretty low on spiders this year, and not many flies. But the mosquitos are still out in force.

(Message edited by Ella on November 09, 2005)
--Mike S.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 8248
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 2:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey, Ella! I can tell you where your geese AND your spiders are wintering this year

Janet Rivenbark

Post Number: 524
Posted on Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 4:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

And the flies have all moved to the east coast. We could use a few of those spiders.
Janet

Ella
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 117
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 12:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hi Patricia! Wouldn't surprise me a bit. I'm finally going to OK a week from today to get in touch with the Bigfoots! Will post what, if anything, I find at my friend's place.
--Mike S.

Patricia Davis

Post Number: 8262
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 1:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yippeeee! Ella, I'm so glad to hear that

Janet, if the thought of boxing up some of those nasty 8-leggers didn't chill me to the marrow of my bones, I'd send you a couple of dozen--they are EVERYWHERE! In places where I've never in my life seen a spider. What the heck is UP with that?!

brown
Username: brown

Post Number: 932
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 4:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

what's weird about the weather down yonder here is that it has suddenly become 'normal' for the time of year. Summer has arrived!

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1581
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 6:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

K, it's ND. It reached 66 F here today. People are mowing their lawns like Emp mentioned for Minnesota area. Mine needs to be mowed. This just does'nt happen. I was looking forward to sub-zero temps of winter as for some reason my body responds well in way cold temps. The pain goes away and I am able to become at the best health I can be. If I don't get that cold snap this year I'll end up being a sedentary toad. We are just now raking leaves and planting bulbs. This is usually done in late September.
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth.

Quigs
Username: astralgazer

Post Number: 767
Posted on Thursday, November 10, 2005 - 9:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Hey KGP. Yeah I can't believe that tomorrow the forecasters are saying we might reach 70 degrees! Unreal! The cold weather does tend to preserve a person better. They say it also slows the aging process. I've lived in ND my whole life and I'm so programmed to have snow by now that I feel a little off kilter. Bugs are out, the grass is green, people aren't breaking out their winter coats, well you get the picture. It's madness, pure madness!
I live in my own little world. But it's ok. They know me here.

anna

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Saturday, November 19, 2005 - 12:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It's cold here, with an inversion. Yuck, bad air. But normalized a little.. 24 last night, 45 today...

Edwina!

Post Number: 868
Posted on Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 9:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Since I've been away cause my new job sent me looking at houses that Katrina bashed in in Mississippi (I'm still at it in that state), the weather has been crazy! 80s for highs / 60s for lows a few days, then 50s for highs / 30s for lows for almost a week, then normal for a *day* and now it's supposed to be chilly again! And still I have to contend with swarms of no-see-ums! It seems they've out-competed all the other bugs in sight, even the spiders, and nothing else will eat them, not even the nutria! (A nutria is an oversized beaver-like rodent whose favorite food is LA/MS Gulf Coast Sawgrass.) And of course, there's mold literally everywhere, messing with my sinuses and causing me to be a sedentary toad, like extended warm weather would do to KGP.

- Arianna Huffington

Janet Rivenbark

Post Number: 536
Posted on Monday, November 21, 2005 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Edwina!,

Be careful with the mold! A friend of mine was cleaning something that had a bad case of mold and wound up with a horrible lung infection. Turned into pneumonia and she was in the hospital for 3 days. Get yourself some of those allergy masks and wear them when you are doing whatever it is you do.

And if you take a lot of B-Complex it makes you smell bad to the bugs and they won't bite. I take it and I haven't had a mosquito bite in years. They mosquitoes and no-see-ums still buzz around, and might even land, but they don't bite.
Janet

anna

Post Number: 1141
Posted on Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 9:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We finally got some snow and clean air. What a relief.... More snow maybe tomorrow... :-)

Ella
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 120
Posted on Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 1:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Here in southeast Texas on the upper Texas coast, it's so warm I'm running the AC. And humid, of course. Yesterday a long, severe drought was ended, at least for a while, by a day of heavy rain, and now it's a swamp out here. All the fields, ditches, and any hole in the ground are full of water, and there's water in the river again too.

Anna, you can have the snow and welcome to it. I HATE cold weather, and above all, I hate snow. We only have a little snow--or ice--once every 8-10 years. But I'm a native Texan and I guess my blood is thin. I'd rather have 100 degrees and 100% humidity than see any snow. Anything below 60 degrees is freezing cold to me. :D
--Mike S.

merovee
Intermediate Member
Username: merovee

Post Number: 198
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 1:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It had been pretty warm this November, until now. We even had rosebushes with buds ready to blom, and snapdragons in full bloom. This is kind of strange for Michigan in November. Usually we get a frost severe enough to kill these things in Mid-October. Well, the night before thanksgiving it suddenly snowed a few inches(3-4) and we had brutal winds that were pretty scary all day. The winds prevented the balloons from flying in the Thanksgiving parade. The temperature dropped all day and in the evening we froze while traveling from one relative after anothers' house. When I looked at the news, they said the temperature was only 10 degrees fahrenheit, with winds at 50mph, and a windchill of -5 degrees. This was just abnormally cold for thanksgiving, and the coldest thanksgiving I have ever seen. Usualy we don't get weather like that until January. It was at least 20 degrees colder than normal(yes there is an average(normal), even with the fluctuations we are known for in Michigan)

What's even weirder is three days later it is now in the 60's, with thunderstorms and possible tornadoes expected.

At dinner a lot of people brought up how weird and drastic the fluctuations in weather have become. Tornadoes are only supposed to happen in spring/early summer. My british granny said they are NOT supposed to have tornadoes in Norway and Britain. Those tornadoes in Indiana and Wisconsin last month were very strange.

Janet Rivenbark

Post Number: 546
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 1:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Feels like spring here (coastal NC). I have all the windows open and it is 72 degrees. This is supposed to last until tomorrow evening. The prediction is for thunderstorms then and highs in the lower 60's on Wednesday then highs in the 50's (seasonable) on Thursday.
Janet

Quiti
Intermediate Member

Post Number: 169
Posted on Monday, November 28, 2005 - 9:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

It was 24 degrees last night-warmed up to 42 degrees, expecting snow every night this week-anywhere from a trace to 4 inches. brrrrrr

nomadrat
Username: nomadrat

Post Number: 5853
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 4:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Have I told you guys how much I love watching the weather channel this time of year? :-O
(I live in the southwest, use to live in the northeast)

It's one of my cheap thrills/guilty pleasures in life.
"That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion"
-R.E.M.

kathy decker
Username: kat

Post Number: 618
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 3:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Feels like spring today here in the northeast. About 63 degrees and racing low clouds, quite windy,too. Cold front supposed to come through with thunderstorms later.
When I went outside this morning,I found a dandelion blooming in the front yard(facing northwest)and some sweet williams in bloom.
Rare for this time of year, if not impossible.
Humans believe they are devils pretending to be angels when, in fact, the reverse is true.

Amaruk
Intermediate Member
Username: machupicchu

Post Number: 169
Posted on Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 6:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Last week-end we got snowed in 10 cm in Montreal. Other parts of Quebec (Quebec city & Saguenay got 30 cm +. And Monday, it was 0C with sidewalks and streets so icy it was easier to skate than walk on them...
Today, Tuesday, was a balmy 17 C and rainy all day. Go figure!
Carpe diem.(When taken one day at a time, life is quite manageable...:-)

Chr15t05
Username: chr15t05

Post Number: 533
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 4:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well we're certainly having an odd weather week here in Queensland. There's been a huge low pressure system sitting off the coast that's been spitting out storms all over the place. On Tuesday we got another deluge of tiny hailstones 2-3 feet deep that looked like snow... very weird, but it's the third time this year so it's almost becoming a regular site!

200km north of me in Noosa, I just heard on the radio they've had an astounding flood... early reports say that over 10 inches of rain fell in only a few hours, with a full 6 inches in the first hour. Apparently their main road has collapsed and is now a hole the size of several busses. No pictures yet, but here's a link.

The media here is saying the cause is related to recent solar flares.

Chris

(Message edited by chr15t05 on December 01, 2005)
"Another happy day in these sad times. That doesn't make sense, but at least it rhymes."
- Spike (Press Gang)

anna

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 7:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

We had 3-4" snow last nite. It was 32 and then by 3p.m. it was 47. It all melted, but more is on the way!!! We need it..... :-)

susi t learn
Username: etsi

Post Number: 10690
Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2005 - 9:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

there's usually snow on the catalinas this time of year. even though the mornings are cold, the days are warm.

crazy.

The Watcher
Advanced Member
Username: the_watcher

Post Number: 241
Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2005 - 8:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

The winters here in Michigan in the 1970s, in the lower peninsula, were always full of snow and cold. I loved it as a kid....I could play ice hockey on the ponds for free, throw snowballs at cars for many months, and build snow fortresses and knock down the other kids forts. Then around 1983, we had a green christmas, which was the pattern all the way up until last winter. Since 1983, the detroit river did not freeze over, so all the ice fisherman went hungry, and the lack of snow have caused all of the water levels in all of the great lakes to drop dramatically. The summers started heating up around 1986, with 1988 and 1991 being the hottest. This summer was moderate and we have lotsa snow and cold right at thanksgiving. It appears the winters are coming sooner and getting colder, like they were in the 1970s. I still have this urge to throw snowballs at cars, but at 42, I fear I might not be able to run as fast as I could when I was a kid, so I guess I will go back to playing ice hockey or some other form of entertainment. We had cold, then it got hot, and now its seeming to get cold again

Krystal Gale Potter
Username: paradox1022

Post Number: 1590
Posted on Saturday, December 03, 2005 - 8:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Yes, I remember when the weather changed in MI. early 80's we started getting "february thaws" in northern MI. It would reach 50 to 60 degrees and stay that way for a week or two. I'd ride my bicycle into Cadillac from Lake City. Then it would freeze and dump again in march. It also seemed like we'd have two extremely mild winters (temps around 30 to 40)and then a harsh one with temps in the -20 to 40's with wind chills of -80. Not at all like the winters i was used to as a child in MI. It used to always be like a Christmas greeting card !
Until humanity recognizes paradox as a definitive, the world shall know neither balance nor truth.

anna

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Sunday, December 04, 2005 - 9:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

I wish we had some of that here, in Boise. We had a little snow, then melted again. Old timers say (in their 50's) that they always had snow most of the winters here, now it's a rarity. We are currently "below normal" temp wise, 19 tonite. Brrr... Sunny today, but cold. We enjoyed the sun today, but would enjoy more of the white stuff... I wish it looked like a christmas card
:-(
BUT I think the NE may be in for a rough time in the future if things continue the way they are going with extremes, etc...

Lou Ann Britton
Advanced Member
Username: asgard

Post Number: 254
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 7:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

Well, I'm here in what they call the NE, central New York to be more specific. We had the hottest summer on record and an extremely mild fall. Even into late November. We had us some snow for Thanksgiving, a foot or more depending on where you were (like my house!), but then it was back up into the upper fifties the following week and the snow was gone by Tuesday.

But the snow is back, Lake Effect has been hitting us regularly, reinforced by Lake Michigan. We've had a couple of pretty heavy snowstorms with high winds, whiteout conditions, school delays/cancellations and plenty of accidents. We've got snowbanks I'm not used to seeing until at least mid-January. It came so quickly and so much, the ground has not had a chance to freeze. It's pretty, Christmas Card pretty... if you don't have to shovel it or go out in it. YUCK! So far no real bitter cold and am grateful for that what with the price of heating fuel. But these intense low pressure systems are really aggravating my fibromyalgia something fierce.

Gonna try digging out a bit here today so maybe I can get some of my Xmas lights up. Been to busy shoveling to have done so at this point.

starspirit
Username: starspirit

Post Number: 1872
Posted on Friday, December 09, 2005 - 2:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post

ummm we are having the weirdest weather I've ever seen today. I'm in Massachusetts & we are having a huge snow storm. Dropping an inch per hour. getting slammed. Just a moment ago lightning & rolling loud thunder is now happening with the heavy snow!!!
what the????